[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.73 MB, 2988x2130, wolf_guy_wall_ v07_120-121.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1822611 No.1822611 [Reply] [Original]

Why are science degrees so underrated? It takes literally twice as much work to get a degree in hard science than it does most bachelor of art degrees. When going for a job that has nothing to do with the degree, a music or English degree holder will be considered pretty much equally as a chem or bio degree holder.

It's like people think they are different but equal when in reality it takes half the intelligence and work, and maybe 1/3 of the self discipline to get a B.A. for most people.

if I ever get the chance to employ someone I will take a hard science undergrad over someone with a masters in English or music. Those can be degrees in bullshit half the time.

The difference between a person hold a B.A. and a person holding a hard science degree is the difference between someone with a GED and a B.A. holder.

>> No.1822618

I couldn't continue reading that manga. It was simply too bad.

>> No.1822623
File: 11 KB, 200x200, 1276952890209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I agree with you OP. I studied english lit, it was piss. I'm currently doing graduate scheme work as a headhunter which is admittedly pretty cash but I think I want to do a science degree.

Only live once etc etc.

>> No.1822628

>The difference between a person hold a B.A. and a person holding a hard science degree is the difference between someone with a GED and a B.A. holder.

that's just not true.

also, i don't think your thesis (that people have no understanding of difficulty of undergrad coursework) is true in general. in fact, i think you're completely full of shit.

actually, come to think of it, i don't think you said one true thing in that whole post.

>> No.1822635

>>1822611

What about people who major in a hard science, or mathematics, in a decent four year program, with the resultant degree being a B.A.?

>> No.1822659

>>1822635

Those degrees are inferior in most but not all cases. Better than nearly all other B.A.'s

>> No.1822670
File: 74 KB, 632x840, hurdur.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>engineering or technical job
>hard sciences same as arts degree

>op is full of shit