[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 64 KB, 429x516, 1281545913058.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1714828 No.1714828 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone willing to share their insights about vaccines? I know it can be a very controversial topic and will likely be a troll magnet as well, however, I'm interested to get /sci/s perspective on to topic of vaccines.

Levels of mercury harmful? Increases of mental developmental disorders? Alternate motives with vaccination programmes? Efficacy of vaccines?

Personally I think anyone who thinks 'Big Pharma' is trying to kill their child doesn't deserve to reproduce in the first place. But I am open to reasoned arguments.

>> No.1714831

>very controversial topic

Uhh... how so exactly?

>> No.1714836

vaccines are for paranoid germ freaks

>> No.1714840

>>1714836
Oh boy here we go

(Friendly sage)

>> No.1714844

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

>> No.1714852

by relying on vaccines for illness prevention, we as a society will loose the skills we have developed before polio for dealing with disease. If ever there should occur an outbreak of a vaccine resistant disease that killed people, society would suffer. We are so dense that it would be difficult to escape it. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing, but clearly could be used for a basis of anti-vaccine sentiment.

>> No.1714860

>>1714844
I wish that was shown as an NHS advert.

>> No.1714867

vaccines give herd immunity over a certain percentage which means that on average an infected person doesn't contact enough other people while they are contagious for the disease to spread exponentially, and instead it just "fizzles out" in at most a couple generations.

if the anti vaccination movement grows to the point that local populations start dropping below the herd immunity rate then all it takes is one african exchange student or whatever and there is going to be a massive shitstorm. it will be glorious and it should shut them up quite effectively.

>> No.1714873

vaccines save us.

they help us to understand how our body protects him too.

And it's french (Pasteur).

>> No.1714891

fuck me

penn and teller are fucking amazing