[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 28 KB, 230x230, vhemt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1701704 No.1701704 [Reply] [Original]

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Each time another one of us decides to not add another one of us to the burgeoning billions already squatting on this ravaged planet, another ray of hope shines through the gloom.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Nature's “experiments” have done throughout the eons.

It's going to take all of us going.

>> No.1701718

What the fuck is the buttfuckery?

>> No.1701732
File: 8 KB, 280x816, 1279596965810.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Neo-Malthusian here, I agree with you! We're going to kill ourselves if we continue with current birth-rates. I know that my graph is out of date, I'm too lazy to update the projected future population.

>> No.1701733

I'mokaywiththis.jpg

>> No.1701740

natural selection at work once again.

>> No.1701748

>>1701732

That graph doesn't show the increases in food production and so on that also occurred during that time-frame. By all standards, the quality of life of the average person is increasing steadily, for example most people in China now have access to water, electricity, and refridgeration - the rates were much lower only 10 years ago. Also didn't Malthus simply say that population increased to a point where starvation occurred? So if population gets too large in some areas, that will mean a greater threat of localised starvation - not the annihiliation of all humans?

>> No.1701757

>>1701748
Well, yes. But we're trying to avoid a population bottle-neck. Because it involves cannibalism and war.

>> No.1701768

>>1701740
If only we still had natural selection. A bit of Darwinism wouldn't hurt the gene pool, IMHO.

>> No.1701874

KILL EM ALL

>> No.1703167

Bump.

>> No.1703196

There will be no "glory" without the human race, because there would be no species capable of experiencing glory.

You are evil. Fuck you. Also, I have 5 kids.

>> No.1703208

>>1701748
>Also didn't Malthus simply say that population increased to a point where starvation occurred? So if population gets too large in some areas, that will mean a greater threat of localised starvation - not the annihiliation of all humans?

You say "localised", but in reality a lot of over-reproducing countries are flooding the west with their offspring (who often also over-reproduce because they're religious nutjobs). There's no way the west is going to stand by and watch all those people die, so it's essentially (for better or for worse) OUR problem too.

But there's hope. It is well known that education and a better quality of life helps bring down population growth. We need to spread the wealth around the world. Eliminate trade barriers, but also STOP IMMIGRATION!!!!

Immigration is just another way of keeping the jobs (and therefore money) locked up in the west. We need to bring the jobs to the people, not the other way around. Get the money into their home economies and maybe you'll see some development.

Another bonus of this policy would be that it would also make things better the west. Uncontrolled immigration creates a limitless supply of unskilled labour, meaning such labour is often low-paid which causes societal inequality. Reduce the supply of unskilled labourers and their work becomes more valued and eventaully they get fairer pay. This supply/demand inversion is exactly what happened after the plague allowing the abolishion of serfdom.

Seems a no-brainer to me.

>> No.1703242

>>1701768
>If only we still had natural selection. A bit of Darwinism wouldn't hurt the gene pool, IMHO.

The era of embryonic selection is only around the corner. Considering how much we'll advance in the next century or two the whole pro-natural selection/eugenics argument is moot.

>> No.1703502

bamp

>> No.1703510

I don't give a shit. If i get the chance to cut down some rainforest trees for jewgold I'd do it instantly.

Fuck your eco-bullshit and environment nigger.

>> No.1703995
File: 155 KB, 1680x1050, 1270147180352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Even if I considered trees and animals more important than people (and I don't - noone sane would) humanity is right now the only possibility for life to be transplanted on another planet or even in another solar system.
But if you tree huggers want to kick the bucket, by all mean feel free to do so.