[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 465 KB, 1280x1583, Crazy_sciense.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16239696 No.16239696[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hello, /sci/. I want to ask you all of you some questions. What is:
>Your education(degrees, major and university name(the last one if you are not too paranoid))
>Your contributions to science and technology

>Your opinion on
>Feminism
>Women in stem
>Diversity
>Gender
>Transexualism
>Lgbtq+
>Religion
Also it's preferred if you give answers with evidences and logical explanation

>> No.16239728

>>16239696
It's unlikely you'll get the replies you desire from a post like this but I'm willing to contribute even if I'm not that impressive.

>my education
highschool degree with some college (dropped out) then joined the navy
>my contributions to sci/tech
none at all.

>My opinions on x
Feminism, in terms of providing equal opportunities to women, is an objective good. As a lingering social issue in modern western culture I think it's a waste of time and attention.

Women should be in stem and earn their way there based on merit. Great thinkers have been women from Saint Hildegard to Marie Curie. To ignore or favor their input over a man's would be foolish.

Diversity is tricky. Different perspectives can be invaluable to a team. However this diversity has more to do with someone's entire background than just their phenotype. You can have a highly diverse team that is entirely made of white/light-skinned men from different cultures, economic strata, and environments just as you can have a multi-racial multi-gender team that are all wealthy liberal urbanites from San Francisco that all think the same.

Gender is a waste of time. Biological sex is all that matters and if you feel like you are the wrong sex you are by definition mentally ill and should be treated for a mental condition, not a physical one.

Transexualism is fake. Until we have the technology to sculpt someone's DNA in real time it will always just be cope. You cannot change your physical sex (yet).

LGBT is meh. Personally I've seen feminine males I would probably fuck and masculine women I would never touch but i never thought of myself as gay or bi or any of that. As for people that make it their entire personality I avoid them. As a social issue I also ignore it most of the time.

Religion is interesting. It has a lot of usefulness to a society regardless of the validity of its claims if said religion provides a stable moral framework for a society to develop under.

>> No.16239763

>>16239696
Fuck you and your useless research humanities fag

>> No.16239782

>>16239763
I'm also a stemcel. I just want to know how similar are my views to people on this board

>> No.16239791

>>16239696
harvard phd
ibid
feminist = yes
women in stem = yes
diversity = yes
gender = socially constructed
transexualism = real
lgbtq+ = i'm an ally
religion = for low iq

>> No.16239826

>>16239696
>Your education(degrees, major and university name(the last one if you are not too paranoid))
BSc in Biomedicine, MSc in Clinical Microbiology
>Your contributions to science and technology
Work in a hospital lab, implemented some new testing platforms, fairly adept in diagnostic microbiology and diagnosis of human disease.
>Your opinion on
>Feminism
Don't care. Everyone should have the same opportunities for career advancement no matter their sex.
>Women in stem
Majority of my colleagues are women, excellent scientists, how is this even a question?
>Diversity
Fine if it works, stupid to shoehorn if it doesn't
>Gender
>Transexualism
Attention seeking
>Lgbtq+
Nothing wrong with gays, trannies are disgusting
>Religion
Not religious but don't care

>> No.16239969

nah, go mine data someplace else.