[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 364 KB, 646x595, 077.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16179277 No.16179277 [Reply] [Original]

Am I on the right path?

So im a computer science graduate and I words from differential equations professor wont stop ringing in my head: "Most of the engineers in my class have problems cause they dont really understand math" and he is absolutely right.

So, I want to actually "know" math, to look at a problem and actually understand it on an intuitive level.

I was recommended here a while back to start with real analysis (taking the online MIT course on youtube), is this okay? And what should I take after? Im about 5-6 lectures in

>> No.16179453

Your professor sounds like he has a tiny penis. ODEs, PDEs, in fact any "math" engineers take are normally their easiest and least involved classes. Also you don't need to know real analysis to understand and excel in simple plug and chug classes that involve route calculations like differential equations. I remember I didn't even ever study for my diffy eqns classes and passed them both with A+, and I studied in the best school in cucknada

>> No.16179501

>>16179277
Why should you care, are you studying engineering?