[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.93 MB, 3155x2358, exit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16096957 No.16096957[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

When will you learn that materialism has nothing to do with science and is just a mentality that scientific nerds subscribe to look cool and clever? Science is all about gaining knowledge, Materialism is about adopting a narrow-minded view of reality and thus limiting knowledge, it is no different than religion, only this time it worship physicalism over God.

>> No.16096966
File: 833 KB, 832x683, 1651038421790.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah yeah yeah, you believe in ghosts and don't want to get your shot.

>> No.16096977

>>16096966
>6666
Begone, satan of materialism

>> No.16097830

many a scientist has a lack of rigour so they try to debunk stuff with just words, not formal proofs. Which doesn't work for people sceptical of the words. They would have to use formal proofs, but they don't. Because they can't. Same for the people arguing against them.

>> No.16097850
File: 232 KB, 1600x1120, plato_divided_line_outline_1600.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If OP wants to start a thread about this I think they could have been a tad less confrontational about it. So I'm just going to ignore OP and do my own thing and ask a simple question:

Is the world of thought/ideas nested (or exists entirely within) within the material world? This is current conventional thought, to help you understand an example of this is dreams. Your dreams are created by your physical brain, and your brain is made of physical matter/meat.

OR, alternatively, is the material world nested withing the world of thoughts and ideas? An example of this might be the Matrix where the universe we experience is a computer simulation. (tho that simulation is run on hardware so it loops to the back round to the former in a curiously recursive way) The Aboriginal Australia believed they existed within the dream of a god, and while many may scoff at this idea I would simply ask another question. What is a dream but simply a computer simulation being run on a meat/brain computer? Stephen Wolfram seems to think we exist in a cellular automata of some sort, which would suggest our universe may be some sort of simulation or even dream.

I will give you a 3rd option to ponder. (which I already touched upon) That it's neither material world exists entirely within a simulation NOR that our thoughts, imaginings, dreams exist entirely within the confines of meat/brain matter of the material world, but rather they both exist within each other simultaneously. This is the recursive loop of material reality being "The Matrix" computer simulation, but then that simulation being run on hard ware, which Neo later discovers is actually just another version of the Matrix/software. Possibly, neither material nor immaterial exists "above" the other and they're tangled together in some recursive logic loop or a paradox of sorts that makes both dependent on each other.
Discuss