[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 57 KB, 450x450, siiiip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1608301 No.1608301 [Reply] [Original]

just checking with /sci/

last night (british time of around 9pm-12pm) i was watching tv while lying on the sofa, and i was getting bugged every now and then by something in the corner of my eye... to me it looked like something was flashing outside... so i eventually get pissed off and concentrate on my window (my view is a house across the street, but i can see a sliver of sky above its roof) after about a minute i see one, a gright streak (looking exactly like a lamppost-light) -- i would say even brighter, flew over the opposite house

now i dont mean meteor storm bright... but i mean BRIGHT BRIGHT and i saw about 5 of these things, going various different ways and some curving

i go outside to see if its a meteor shower (first thought) and the sky is completely overcast... so whatever it was was either under the clouds, or extremely bright (i also see none of them while i am outside)

eventually they start to piss me off because of how distracting they were so i closed my curtains and didnt think anything of it... until today

my grandparents got back from wales (rhyl) and streight away told me they saw extremely bright, but strangely acting lights in the sky, they also thought they were meteors until they realised they were behaving eratic and seemed to be independantly moving in various directions/changing directions, they also told me said objects were seemingly low and moved too slow to be meteors, and said they were as bright as i described my sightings

now, i know the most obvious explination is meteor shower, and that is why i am here

being /sci/ i am sure you would know if there was a meteor shower yesaterday at that time over england

i am also wondering if any other britfags saw similar things

inb4 underaged b&

>> No.1608307

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids

>> No.1608319

Perseids combined with the fact that autism and brain seizures run in your family.

</thread>

P.S. captcha is "SAGE acivery"

>> No.1608322

>>1608307

interesting

>> No.1608340

>>1608319

No need to be so rude.

>> No.1608353

Britfag here, Im up in edinburgh and saw this too myself - your not going crazy.
I thought it was the meteor shower too, but the group of friends I was with pointed out that the objects were more akin to Chinese lanterns - they looked to be about the size of a football. there were around 5 to 8 of them, at around 10pm

>> No.1608359

>>1608301

You didn't even imply it was aliens, I'm proud of you Anon.

>> No.1608369

>>1608340

yeah, but they didnt move like those lanterns either

and now they seem to have been in wales, the midlands and scotland

when i was looking at them they didnt move anything like those lanterns (they were moving across the sky fast, different directions) but not fast enough to be m,eteors

and they were fucking bright if i could see them through the clouds

>> No.1608381

True story time.

Before I told them otherwise my girlfriends family (including her) thought chinese lanterns were UFOs.

I was round hers once and her family were like "OMG They're back, those weird glowing things. Look over there, that ones even lower"

Stuff like that. Was funny. I lol'd when I realised what they were pointing at.

>> No.1608399

>>1608369
Thats pretty much exactly what I saw, lots of very bright, football sized objects moving at quite a rate through the sky. However, when I seen them they were quite low in the sky, since they were moving in and out of sight due to buildings, we could also see lots of objects that were not giving off light, which we asume were simple candles that had gone out.

>> No.1608407

>>1608340
Another newcunt. Please leave /sci/, this place isn't for your sort. I haven't seen you contribute anything other than semi-political views that everyone surpassed by the age of 16. Grab a textbook, learn a little, and contribute something. Otherwise fuck off.

>> No.1608416

>>1608407

Elitist faggot detected.

>> No.1608417

>>1608399

i find it hard to believe people let off a bunch of those lanterns simultaneously at at least 3 different locations in england

ive even let some off myself before, what i saw last night was WAY too bright, moved way too fast and looked and moved nothing like id ever seen before... but they were a lot more similar to meteors, which is why i first thought that is what they were

>> No.1608433
File: 102 KB, 325x300, DrLight.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it possible to get insects high on weed?

>> No.1608438

You fucking morons. It's a chinese tradition to carry chinese lanterns during the perseids and andromedids.

>> No.1608452

>>1608438

implying the chinese have invaded my country and are letting off jet powered lanterns which are 10x brighter than streetlights, half as fast as meteors and can fly INTO the wind....

>> No.1608473

>>1608416
>Implying you are against someone who takes a stand against off-topic posting.

>> No.1608490

i went out and saw the meteors from about 10 till 11. my dad said 'hey, they said on the news there's going to be a meteor shower tonight, it's one of the biggest in recent years'. midland britfag here.

>> No.1608495

aw shit brtfag and i missed a once in a lifetime event. dammit. (or at least that's what i read out of the wiki article

>> No.1608504

I can fully believe you saw some weird shit in the sky, OP, but you can rest assured that it isn't going to be a sign of anything paranormal; abnormal at best. I've seen plenty of oddities in the sky, both day and night; many of which had easily explainable causes after a little research.

>> No.1608508

>>1608504

thats the thing, ive seen pretty much everything the sky can offer... and these bright lights dont look like anything ive seen before