[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 174 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16073309 No.16073309 [Reply] [Original]

if Donald Hoffman finds a way and is proven correct, would that not cause mass suicides. If 3D spacetime is just a headset, why not take it off and try something new? There are more and more themes about self-termination today, in movies, and even Canada offers a suicide box that you can exit from, free of charge.

>> No.16073311

>>16073309
Because you are the headset. Hoffman needs to stop huffing his own farts.
you can't escape.

>> No.16073312

>>16073311
right, *I* am the headset, if the headset gets destroyed, so do I? Why doesn't ever stress that more, instead he says your consciousness can go try on other headsets in the higher realms. Kooky.

>> No.16073314

You retards need fucking helmets.

>> No.16073317

>>16073312
consciousness could, but not your consciousness.
not without sci-fi like tech that can free your consciousness from your meat suit.

>> No.16073325

>>16073314
ok, you live in your spacetime. even though its not the real thing. lol

>> No.16073460

>>16073314
>helmets
*spacetime headsets for conscious agents

>> No.16073467

>jewish shills shilling jewish shills

>> No.16073489

>>16073467
Acceptance of generalized Jewishness is what will advance humanity.

>> No.16073557

>>16073309
Suicide might plausibly result in a failing grade or breach of contract in the higher realm. Many religions take a stance along these lines.

>> No.16076779

>>16073557
the higher realm would be all about experience though, there would be no guidelines or dictums, no god or gods, just free association, like we should have here in principle.

>> No.16076880

He tries to incorporate Physics too much without having a bonafide background it in and its obvious.

Julian Jaynes did similar shit, they both need a co-writter in another field.

>> No.16077165

>>16076880
>Julian Jaynes
this bloke was just linguistics and exploration of psychology and a probe into animal right/left hemisphere thinking and I find it a sound theory as when people lose one of their hemispheres their thinking adjusts accordingly, why do you compare him to Huffman?

>> No.16077272

>>16073309
To take that step, you'd need reason to believe existence without the headset us better

>> No.16077287

>>16077165
>and I find it a sound theory as when people lose one of their hemispheres
HahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahHahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahHahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahHahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahHahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahah

>> No.16077289
File: 79 KB, 1080x1075, 20231220_081342.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS BOARD.

GRIND OR DIE.

>> No.16077380

>>16077287
metaphor bro, do you?

>> No.16077385

>>16077380
He isnt talking metaphorically...

>a probe into animal right/left hemisphere thinking and I find it a sound theory as when people lose one of their hemispheres

He is a Philospher....not even a Psychologist, I dont care what retarded professor exchanged degrees for a carreer.

>> No.16077387

>>16077385
he broke down the essence of consciousness into right/left hemispheres then goes on to demonstrate his theory based on the evidence in ancient literature. There's a reason why the Jews became who they are... they broke with bicamerality first.

>> No.16077400

>>16077387
Cool, when I hear it talk all I hear is a charlatan.

Why do you hear a competent scientist and I hear a deluded midwit?

>> No.16077433

>>16077387
>evidence in ancient literature
Ah yes. Next time I have a mild headache, I'll grab a power drill and bore a few holes through my skull to let the demons out! Because ancient people really knew how the body works!

>> No.16077575

>>16073309
Why is this new age bullshit in /sci/? Does /sci/ not have jannies anymore?

>> No.16077791

>>16077575
Hoffman is a legitamit researcher though.

>> No.16077878

>>16077791
HAHAHHAHAHAHHh

>> No.16077944

>>16077878
um, excuse me sir. when you have as many peer reviewed papers as the gentleman perhaps then you can deride him?

>> No.16077975
File: 781 KB, 2448x1080, Screenshot_20240315-063535_YouTube.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16077944
>>16076880
>Physics

Hoffman is a midwit and dabbles in fields he shouldnt...dimwits like you believe him because to you he IS a genius....

>But seriously..he is for students "still learning", solve where he is failing in scope and fix his errors as you go on to better professors...

>> No.16077992

>>16077975
We need EXPLORATORY POLYMATHS. Listen to Eric Weinstein, he outlays the problems with modern students of science like you... trapped in Einsteinian mechanics and nowhere strings. FUCK, I'm pissed that /sci/ is so reactionary. Or maybe its just this anon who is.

>> No.16078041
File: 607 KB, 640x640, 20230818_021435.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16077992
>Listen to Eric Weinstein
He checkmates me in Physics and Math, generally speaking, but every field outside that he is a bluepilled tool with CNN tier analysis.
>he outlays the problems with modern students of science like you.
Thats Bret's job, and I outrank him in most of the fields he touches, he is doing good works though, highly impressed.
>trapped in Einsteinian mechanics and nowhere strings

Oh, and;
>Hoffman uses the metaphor of a computer desktop and icons - the icons of a computer desktop provide a functional interface so that the user does not have to deal with the underlying programming and electronics in order to use the computer efficiently.
Jordan Peterson's research basically invalidates this, because Hoffman isnt a Psychologist (the Peterson kind, not the bluehair therapist kind.....) which is why he approches Cognition incorrectly. He doesnt understand Physiology...because he isnt an M.D.. He doesnt understand Physics....because he isnt a Phsycist. I just listened to him talk about "mathematically precise" nonsense.

...AND THIS IS YOUR LEADER?!?
[crunch]

I literally could hit the bong and flip your guy's tables all day.

>> No.16078296

>>16078041
>He checkmates me in Physics and Math
that's all I needed to read. your opinions are unimportant.

>> No.16078300

>>16078296
Lmao....what a charlatan you are.

Somewhere out there a father dodged justice.

>> No.16078344

>>16078300
>charlatan
enjoy your strings, my friend. we'll go and try and create the future without you.

>> No.16078363
File: 31 KB, 680x453, 1660296609489252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16078344
I literally stole half of science from humanity and advanced it beyond humanity's ability to match.

8,000,000,000 to 1 and I won enough to not need to prove more...

THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS POSTER.

YOU ARE NOT A SERIOUS SPECIES.

THIS IS A JOKE PLANET.

>> No.16078366

>>16078363
instead of complaining, why don't you add something?

nvm, AI will crack most of the problems anyway

>> No.16078384

>>16078366
He checkmates me in Physics and Math, generally speaking, but every field outside that he is a bluepilled tool with CNN tier analysis.
>he outlays the problems with modern students of science like you.
Thats Bret's job, and I outrank him in most of the fields he touches, he is doing good works though, highly impressed.
>trapped in Einsteinian mechanics and nowhere strings

Oh, and;
>Hoffman uses the metaphor of a computer desktop and icons - the icons of a computer desktop provide a functional interface so that the user does not have to deal with the underlying programming and electronics in order to use the computer efficiently.
Jordan Peterson's research basically invalidates this, because Hoffman isnt a Psychologist (the Peterson kind, not the bluehair therapist kind.....) which is why he approches Cognition incorrectly. He doesnt understand Physiology...because he isnt an M.D.. He doesnt understand Physics....because he isnt a Phsycist. I just listened to him talk about "mathematically precise" nonsense.

...AND THIS IS YOUR LEADER?!?
[crunch]

I literally could hit the bong and flip your guy's tables all day.

>> No.16078387
File: 194 KB, 1154x1200, D0gsnAWU0AAYsh8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.16078670

>>16078384
>I literally could hit the bong and flip your guy's tables all day.

I meant add something.

Eric is adding onto the exploratory theory of geometric unity. What are you doing to add to something?

>> No.16078671

>>16073309
>>16073312
lol schizo

>> No.16078674

>>16073309
>meditation practice
HAHAHHAHAHAH what a fucking fraud

>> No.16078694
File: 2.02 MB, 498x294, terminator-smiling.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16078670
WHY ARE YOU LARPing ON 4CHAN?...

>> No.16078827

>>16073309
This shit is just a degenerate form of Kabbalah and Hermetic / gnostic ideas. They essentially rebranded and diluted ancient ideas and delivered them ina poisoned and delusional form where they would remain authorities, via their positions within mathematical physics. Quantum, wavefunction, renormalization, blah blah blah shut the fuck up. Theologians and ancient people traced all this stuff out a milennia or two ago. Science is the dominant religion today, so as the priest class these fags are diversifying and widening their net.

I hate them, I hate their voices, I hate their stupid faces with their stupid expressions and their stupid body language their stupid micromovements and signaling. They're disgusting, broken, miserable creatures and empty vessels that fuckin' creep me out. Same with Tom Campbell. Bob Monroe was at least honest and relatively scientific in his explorations, and he basically arrives at something close to classical gnosticism and what we'd consider "The Matrix" today. Some neoplatonic and monistic ideas. The loosh farm concept fits right in with the demiurge, hylic psychics and pneumatics, and so on.

The "reality is a headset" metaphor is the most dead end braindead normie narrative possible. IT's a syncretism in the worst sense possible. I consider it to be a form of poison, administered into a burgeoning quasi-awakening, quite deliberately. Little bit of truth, little bit of lie, just like the Christ concept and the way non-attachment goes on in buddhism. Little bit of truth, little bit of poison, keeps you trapped and running ont he wheel one way or another.

Yeah. Basically tl;dr: fuck that guy. It would be nice to not see his retarded and obnoxious looking face in my recommended all the time also. Like who even looks like that? Really. Just look at his eyes, and his upper lip. Slimy fuck. Primordial repulsion for these golem, these beasts in human form.

>> No.16079033

>>16078827
>Theologians and ancient people traced all this stuff out a milennia or two ago.
No they didn't. They made that shit up just like the fag in the OP.

>> No.16079057

"You" don't even exist, people are not "people", it doesn't need mystic explanations

>> No.16079226

>>16078827
well shit, tell us how you really feel.

i am more open to exploration. its grounded in science and math too. conscious agents and ability to perceive the matrix, that is.

>> No.16079249

>>16079226
If reality is a headset you have to ask whether you have a real(er) body or basis somewhere else, and what "you" are when you take the "headset" off. Do you pull the cable out of theback of your head and wake up in the matrix pod? Is it like ExistenZ and we're in a shared dream, and you take the device off your head and all wake up? Are you alone here and they're all NPCs, or they're all parts of you? Is the world a highly diffuse (through both space and time, ie nonlinear time and reverse causation) kaleidoscopic hall of mirrors which is basically just your mind put through a prism and turned outside, always reflecting you to you? In that sense you would be a "fountain of infinite mirrors". Or is it a loosh farm, all of this is a distraction designed to drain the life out of you.

Ancient people had already figured out "the matrix", they encoded it in mythology. The story of Selene is one example or "life is but a dream", the story of Adam Lilith and Eve is another example. Adam is your conscious mind, Earth is your unconscious mind, Lilith is an unseen and omnipresent modulatory layer and part of your "Anima" (brtidge to the unconscious mind) who works to cause you to create "Eve" (sensory reality, a dream, a fantasy world). This explains why the universe just gives you more of whatever you react to the most, and it responds to you when you "Wake up" and invert the flow of attention. It starts reacting to you isntead until it's lulled and hypnotized you with something. That's all it's about. Lilith being "on top" is just man in a state of unconsciousness with regard to his imagination, thoughts, and works in the world, encoded in the language of symbols (the sexes and sex, which we all know gestates like seeds planted ina field and births something new). This is also why Lilith is cast out of the garden (rendered invisible and unconscious), and in this state she creates demons. Just like ignorance in man, creating one's own hell.

>> No.16079262

>>16079249
Character limit.

All I'll say is that all of this is testable. Stop reacting to your mind and senses, either enter a state of no reaction to the world or strictly reacting to your own imagination. Decide life is a dream, truly believe it, and try to wake up. Become lucid. Maintain this, deeply. You'll find something out there begins to "move" and act through various things to try to get your attention, hypnotize you, make you believe in it, react to it, etc. It'll send people to you, it'll drop things in your lap, it'll cause bizarre chance encounters. Anything to get you to engage with the world and the senses again. After you do, the flow of attention is reestablished, you are giving Lilith all of your attention via Eve again, and that's the gist of it. The Matrix. Lilith essentially has autism and BPD. She "loves" you ion the only way she's able, anything you react to emotionally and engage with, she assumes it's because you like it and want more of it. So it creates more. Alternatively this is a loosh farm optimizing based on psychometrics and emotional reaction patterns, weighing out how to tap and drain over the long term for max refined loosh output. It'll torture you if you're not careful, maim and drain is the name of the game.