[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 208 KB, 684x474, picture_unrelated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1606791 No.1606791 [Reply] [Original]

Dear /sci/.

I was notified today that I might be getting kicked out of school for not staying above a 2.0 GPA.

I've been struggling with attendance and lack of motivation, although I really have an interest in learning Physics and contributing my share to mankind.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Any helpful advice?

Thank you in advance /sci/

>> No.1606800

>GPA 2.0
>trying to contribute to mankind

cool story bro. if you were even remotely intelligent you could sail through school WHILE being unmotivated.

>> No.1606804

>Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Hell yeah. Experimental physics classes were boring as hell, I can't remember a single "woah" moment. I've managed to get through them, but don't ask about the grades.

>> No.1606824

I had the same in british 16-18 education. Was taking A levels in Physics,Maths and Electronics had excellent grades in the first year but then started skipping classes and got kicked out. Felt man man. It's taken me ten years to get my shit together and now after many years of shit jobs I shall be starting univesity in a couple weeks.
I suggest you take a hard at what you want from life and put the effort in. I was lucky to get the oppotunity to return to education, alot of people don't as other commitments/responabilities soon present themselves.
So stop moaning, sort your shit out and take the oppotunities why they're there!

>> No.1606831

>>1606824
Thank you, and good luck to you.

>> No.1606836

Don't worry about trying to contribute to mankind. Most great people just get obseessed with an idea and try to force it on the rest of us i.e. Hitler, Einstien and Jesus.

Just try to be a cool bro and find something that interests you.