[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 127 KB, 900x900, huberman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16036438 No.16036438 [Reply] [Original]

I wake up at the crack of dawn and go outside to absorb blue light to keep my circadian rhythms in phase. After that I take an ice cold shower to release dopamine while engaging in the Wim Hof breathing method to oxygenate the cells in my body. When I get out of the shower I drink my Athletic Greens™, and have my first Yerba Matte caffeine ingestion, making sure it's at least 90 minutes after I wake up, to ensure the adenosine receptors in my brain have been activated before they get pushed down by the caffeine molecules. I lock my phone in a timed safe to engage in focused work, which I make sure to do in 90 minute ultradian cycles. After that I practice Yoga Nidra as a Non Sleep Deep Rest protocol to prepare for more focused work. When the day's podcasting is finished, I then proceed to lift weights and take Tongkat Ali to boost my testosterone and optimise my gains, at which point I go outside at dusk to absorb more blue light to keep my circadian rhythms in phase. When I come home I turn my apartment into a dark cave by turning off all my high-colour temperature lightbulbs and switching on lamps equipped with dim red bulbs. Before bed I engage in a 5-minute Physiological Sigh, consisting of breathing sharply through my nose twice and exhaling slowly through my mouth, which helps me relax. When I finally tuck in the for the night I pop a couple of magnesium threonate pills to sleep.

Who else here is /hubermanpilled/?

>> No.16036446

>>16036438
So he's so degenerate that he has to lock up his phone somwhere so he's not using it? And you trust him?

>> No.16036532

There is an idea of a Dr. Andrew Huberman. Some kind of abstraction.
But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory.
And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

>> No.16036540

>>16036438
Why does no one question what kind of purpose guys like him serve? Do you believe his primary goal is to make a living by helping people to become /fit/?

>> No.16036557

>>16036540
He makes a lot more money and gets a lot more recognition by parlaying his academic credentials into an influencer career.

The details and micromanaging might be silly, but I think the focus on health is not a bad thing and he is more credible than the Joe Rogan tier people you usually find in this niche.

>> No.16036573

>>16036557
My concern is that the ruling class sees that young men aren't doing so well as a result of their propaganda and policy decisions. Therefore they need to redirect the focus of young men on themselves: look guys see all the power that you have, all the things you can do to look better, feel better, perform better, become more educated...

...all to distract men from realizing that most of them are never going to own a home and get happily married. Of course they all think that they're the exception because they listen to Huberman and Peterson and Rogan and Willink and so on.

>> No.16036603

>>16036573
I see. But I think physical health is more valuable than any other asset.

>> No.16036619

How legit is Huberman? I heard that he's thorough and grounded when limited to his specific niche of neuroscience/ophthalmology, but he's a bit too fast and loose with drawing conclusions from limited studies when he steps out of his comfort zone.

>> No.16037223

>>16036540
Why not? Plus becoming a famous science man is a major flex on your colleagues.

>> No.16037236

>>16036438
If taking care of your body this obsessively actually made you feel as good as it sounds I'd absolutely do it