[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 659 KB, 830x815, global warming.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15940621 No.15940621 [Reply] [Original]

How does global warming affect winter seasons?

>> No.15941132

It doesn't, global warming doesn't exist, its a false narrative

>> No.15941133

>>15940621
It's making the weather more extreme, higher highs, lower lows

>> No.15941145

humans are pretty repugnantly retarded
They know almost nothing about dynamic systems, like a genius mathematician like me does. And don't even get me laughing about physcucks who think they know math either. Everyone around me is basically a nescient pig.
Even an infant with the most basic understanding of the mathematical theory of waves could understand it perfectly.
And I'm really lazy so don't make me spell it out.
Disgusting filth that muddles the purity of a mathematical reality like natural sciences is just poison to the mind. I laugh so hard because imagine wasting your entire life as a "climate scientist" only to have worked your whole existence to be a worthless unthinking animal.
God, people with low IQ should really just be put down like feral mutts, their existence embarrasses me.

>> No.15941154

>>15941145
This is what schizophrenia looks like

>> No.15941182
File: 79 KB, 543x466, potatojak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15941154
>This is what schizophrenia looks like

>> No.15941564

>>15941154
No, it's just a bad bait. It doesn't seem genuine.

>> No.15941588

>>15940621
GW has zero predictive power, yet can explain everything perfectly, though only in hindsight.

>> No.15941591

>>15940621
It doesn't get cold enough at the north pole to create a stable low pressure area, so the cold doesn't stay put, but you get regular winds that blow across, bringing warmer air from the south on one side, and polar cold to the other.

We had so much snow that only the dams keep it from flooding.

>> No.15942610

>>15941591
>there wasn't cold weather outside the pole regions before global warming
so where did the little ice age come from?

>> No.15942611
File: 132 KB, 737x352, 1701308886517009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
It's called climate CHANGE, not climate WARMING.

>> No.15942733 [DELETED] 

>>15942610
I don't know. But the little ice age was a general decline in averages (the glaciers were growing), now the averages are increasing, it only brings massive cold snaps during winter, and while there might be a lot of snow, it begins melting immediately after.

>> No.15942736

>>15942610
I don't know. But the little ice age was a general decline in averages (the glaciers were growing), and snow and ice that lasted for many months. Now the averages are increasing, it only brings massive cold snaps during winter, and while there might be a lot of snow, it begins melting immediately after.

>> No.15942751

>>15940621
the more energy a system has the more chaotic it becomes.
the globe warming means that on average global measurements will go up but there might be localized extreme phenomenons.
this is basic thermodynamics

>> No.15942758
File: 113 KB, 640x202, 1654921826501.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15942751

>> No.15942763

>>15942758
not my fault you didn't even finish high school

>> No.15942772
File: 222 KB, 352x359, 1341381227622.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15942763
>because it gets hotter it gets colder
>evidence that refutes my position actually validates it
>heads I win, tails you lose
Pseudoscience.

>> No.15942774

>>15942772
>>because it gets hotter it gets colder
who are you quoting?

>> No.15942800

>>15942751
>>15942763
Stop parroting this nonsense, you only give people a target to dispute.

>> No.15942816

>>15942800
basic thermodynamics, more energy more randomness

>> No.15942875

>>15942816
I don't think that thermodynamics says that.

>> No.15942888

>>15940621
Fact is, most people argue about air temparature, meanwhile ocean temperature raise is real issue.

From more of tropical rains on equator, to more snow, but more temporary snow, on northern parts of our hemisphere.

Just take into account that water from ocean evaporates more easily, at higher temperature.

>> No.15942892

>>15942875
the more energy a system has the quicker particles vibrate. the quicker the particles vibrate the faster they bounce in random directions, causing all sorts of random patterns to appear

>> No.15942929
File: 48 KB, 610x610, NOAA_Hadley_cell_cross_section.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
Earth scientist here. The reason is Hadley Circulation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadley_cell
Heat rises. As air over the tropics rises it becomes thinner due to gravity as gravity pushes air down increasing the pressure closest to the Earth. As air rises it expands and loses heat due to a process called adiabatic cooling.
https://lambdageeks.com/what-is-adiabatic-cooling/
As it cools it loses all its moisture and becomes dry air.
The stratosphere is warm because O3 or ozone is heated up by absorbing ultraviolet light. This is why the sky is blue. When cooler air hits the bottom of the stratosphere it can't go any higher because the temperature above it is hotter so it's forced back down. This is why the troposphere is called the "troposphere" because it's forced to "turn over" or "rotate".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troposphere
This cold dry air comes down around the horse latitudes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_latitudes
This cold dry air then heats up as it moves along the warm ground either over land or the ocean over the temperate zone of the Earth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperate_climate
And the process repeats. Warm air rises over the temperate zone, hits the stratosphere and is forced to turn over. It lands near the arctic in what's called the Polar Jet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_stream
This cold dry air prevents colder polar air from moving south, trapping the cold air in the polar vortex
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex

The problem is that as the world heats up due to carbon gases it does not heat up evenly. Colder places warm faster than warmer ones.
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/beyond-data/climate-change-rule-thumb-cold-things-warming-faster-warm-things

This weakens the barrier between the polar vortex and the temperate zone as the air between them is warmer than it should be. This allows the polar vortex to push south which makes parts of the temperate zone to freeze as the vortex shifts

>> No.15942935

>>15942929
Sorry I was over the maximum character limit. You can read more here:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/understanding-arctic-polar-vortex

>> No.15942954

>global warming?
>heh, how do you explain snow?

>> No.15942960

>>15942954
Yes, more water gets evaporated in ocean, therefore it snows more.

>> No.15942961

>>15942929
Can you tell us more about how this systems are interconnected and how does excess warming affect them?

>> No.15943275

>>15942961
The biggest thing you need to take away is that modern global warming is not caused by changes in solar output. If the sun were to get warmer, which it does somewhat infrequently (on human time scales) it warms the planet evenly. It gets 2 degrees warmer at the poles, it gets 2 degrees warmer at the tropics. Because that's how an increase in solar output works.

This is not caused by an increase in solar output. It's caused by gas in the atmosphere trapping excess heat before it can escape back out into space. This means that while the day time temperature is relatively the same because the sun is warming the planet, night time temperature is rising.
https://www.sciencealert.com/global-warming-affects-night-time-temperatures-differently-to-daytime-ones
Because the escaping heat is not all escaping. It's being trapped by carbon dioxide.

This also means that the arctic, which is less effected by the sun, is heating up much faster than the temperate and tropical zones.
https://www.science.org/content/article/arctic-warming-four-times-faster-rest-world

This is already causing devastating consequences as I explained. The polar jet is being disrupted and the polar vortex is allowed to push south into areas not typically affected by polar air. Also, the polar vortex is not pushing south equally. It finds a weak point and migrates in that direction. So while it's record cold temperatures in Europe I haven't seen a flake of snow this year. I have never, in all my lifetime, seen a winter without any snow like this.

This was all predicted 30 years ago and why scientists began using "Climate change" instead of "Global Warming" because they knew, 30 years ago, that average people would not understand.

It's also heating up the ocean faster than land. This is destabilizing global currents.
https://theconversation.com/climate-change-is-disrupting-ocean-currents-were-using-satellites-and-ships-to-understand-how-214962

Hang on, I hit the character limit again.

>> No.15943276

>>15941145
i read this

>> No.15943278

>>15943275
Global currents bring warm wet water toward the land which brings heat and rain. The Gulf Stream for example brings warm tropical water up to Great Britain which keeps GB warm (it's at the same latitude as Canada). Which is why Great Britain gets rain instead of snow. Now, disrupt that current and what happens?

It's causing chaos to our weather. We're getting more violent storms, drying some places out, flooding others. All because we're heating our oceans and altering our currents.

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/extreme-weather-events-have-increased-significantly-in-the-last-20-years

https://www.who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/climate-change-land-degradation-and-desertification

https://www.unep.org/news-and-stories/story/how-climate-change-making-record-breaking-floods-new-normal

All of this so rich billionaires can keep selling you coal and oil and pour so much money into lying about it people don't trust scientists anymore.

>> No.15943445

>>15943278
What do you say to people who believe that c02 is either, too insignificant a gas in our atmosphere to cause global warming, or that c02 is simply not a greenhouse gas. These are common arguments I hear.

>> No.15943469
File: 3.26 MB, 498x371, 1703176647522.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>humans are pretty repugnantly retarded
>They know almost nothing about dynamic systems, like a genius mathematician like me does. And don't even get me laughing about physcucks who think they know math either. Everyone around me is basically a nescient pig.
>Even an infant with the most basic understanding of the mathematical theory of waves could understand it perfectly.
>And I'm really lazy so don't make me spell it out.
>Disgusting filth that muddles the purity of a mathematical reality like natural sciences is just poison to the mind. I laugh so hard because imagine wasting your entire life as a "climate scientist" only to have worked your whole existence to be a worthless unthinking animal.
>God, people with low IQ should really just be put down like feral mutts, their existence embarrasses me.

>> No.15943804

>>15943469
You are a man of taste as well.

>> No.15943810
File: 25 KB, 640x360, IMG_5285.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
whatever it does, it's your fault and it will destroy all life on planet earth. nice job, asshole.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/8AHkAJrpAxd4/

>> No.15943910
File: 140 KB, 1105x1000, e energy levels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15943445
Let's start with Electron Energy Levels. This is basic high school physics. Or Physics 101 if you took chemistry in high school instead of physics.

Sigh, this is tough in a 4chan comment.

Electrons absorb distinct packets of energy in order to promote from a lower energy state to a higher energy state. They ONLY absorb the energy they need to promote and nothing more. They cannot, for example, absorb 1/3 of the energy and enter a midway point between energy levels. It is all or nothing. We therefore state that energy is "quantized" which means it comes in distinct packets of energy. It must be the exact wavelength of light needed to promote. Nothing more, nothing less. It's perfectly quantized. This is where the words "quantum mechanics" comes from because it's based on probabilities and quantum teleportation. Look, this part gets really funky and there's absolutely no way around it and this one reason why we don't go around teaching climate change at the most basic level because it gets involved in quantum mechanics.

When an electron absorbs a photon of energy it promotes to an available energy state, it then returns to the ground state, when it returns to the ground state it can take any path it wants.

Say for example from this picture a hydrogen atom absorbs a photon of light of the exact wavelength necessary to go from a ground state to 12.8 electron volts (eV). After it absorbs that photon of energy it can either release it and go straight back down to the ground state. Or it can fall to 12.1 eV before falling to the ground state. Or it can fall to 10.2 eV before returning to the ground state. Or it can first jump to 12.1 eV, then down to 10.2 eV before falling to the ground state. All those paths are valid and it's completely dependent on probability. Each time it falls down the ladder it releases a photon of energy. When it does it emits a wavelength of light which corresponds to that exact eV. Nothing more, nothing less. It's quantized.

>> No.15943916
File: 16 KB, 474x259, blackbody radiation curve.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15943910
When the electron releases a photon of energy it releases it in a completely random direction. So 360 degrees by 360 degrees random sphere. When an element absorbs a photon of light it must absorb the exact color of light needed to promote but when it releases that energy it can be several different colors in any random direction.

Now onto the sun.

Everything. Absolutely everything in the universe emits light. So long as it's made of baryonic matter it emits light. You. Grass. Your nintendo controller. The Sun. Tickle Me Elmo. Doesn't matter. Everything emits light. We can only see it if it's released in visible light but it still emits light.

When things emit light it's dependent on what it's made of and what temperature it's at. Imagine an electric stove. When you turn it on it heats up, first red hot, then blue hot, then white hot if you had a crazy powerful electric stove. If something were made of pure black matter (and nothing in the universe is pure black matter) it would emit light in what's called a blackbody radiation curve. Stars are close. They emit light in pretty close to true blackbody radiation curves. Because of this we know the temperature of the sun. We know the temperature of every star in the universe we can see because of this.

>> No.15943921
File: 67 KB, 800x600, 8cugX.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15943916
This is the sun's blackbody curve.

As I said before when any element absorbs a photon of light it absorbs it in a very specific wavelength of color and then emits it as a number of random colors in a random direction. This means it leaves gaps in the spectrum.

Because the sun is such a great blackbody radiation emitter all those gaps correspond to very specific elements in both the atmosphere of the sun and later in the atmosphere of the Earth. This is how we discovered helium, it corresponded to an absorption line we didn't know existed.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-scientists-discovered-helium-first-alien-element-1868-180970057/

Everything in the atmosphere absorbs light at specifically known spectra. O2, O3, N2, CO2, H2O. Because most of the energy from the sun is in the visible spectrum and because most of those atmospheric compounds are invisible in visible spectrum that means sunlight passes right on through. Except for the O3 which absorbs the ultraviolet light.

>> No.15943924
File: 18 KB, 474x363, earth blackbody.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the Earth's blackbody radiation curve. It heats up from the sun and emits in a much lower spectrum than the sun. Way off in the infrared.

This infrared radiation is absorbed in the atmosphere by the following chemicals. I will skip the calculus for you. Instead the magical calculus fairy will give you the answer.

We can calculate exactly how much energy hits the earth. Just take a light probe outside, average it over time, multiply it by the size of the Earth, and you get exactly how much radiation we receive from the sun. Plug it in to Staffan-boltzmann's energy equation:
https://byjus.com/jee/stefan-boltzmann-law/

You get a temperature of 285 degrees Kelvin. That's very not the temperature of the earth. That's below freezing. The Earth is 315 degrees. That's because energy from the Earth is being absorbed on it's way out of the atmosphere by gasses in the atmosphere. It then reemits that energy and has a 50% chance to send that energy right back where it came from (because it releases energy in a sphere as I said before). That total energy is the extra 30 degrees temperature of the Earth. The atmosphere of the Earth acts like a blanket which traps heat. Without that blanket we freeze.

On to the calculus fairy. The calculus fairy tells us that 85% of the heat trapped by the atmosphere is water vapor. 10% of the heat trapped by the atmosphere is CO2 and the remaining 5% is other chemicals like Nitrous oxide and methane.

10% of 30 is what?
3 degrees.

Double the CO2 in the atmosphere what MUST happen?
The temperature must go up by 3 degrees. We have almost doubled CO2 in the atmosphere already. It has gone from 280 to 420.

End of argument.

>> No.15943933 [DELETED] 

>>15943924
according to https://www.writingtoiq.com your IQ is 98

>> No.15943936

>>15943933
I'm writing for a general audience moron.

>> No.15943938 [DELETED] 

>>15943936
you have never studied even freshman level thermodynamics and you have no idea what you're talking about, you are low IQ

>> No.15943944

>>15943938
Where is the flaw in the argument?

>> No.15943958 [DELETED] 

>>15943944
overall the flaw is that since you've never studied the relevant physics, you have no idea what you're talking about and your imaginary fictitious understand of the topic relies entirely on your ignorance of physics. you've never studied even freshman level thermodynamics and are completely clueless, yet you still somehow manage to assign yourself expert status.

>> No.15943965

>>15943958
So you have no argument and don't understand the topic.

Neat.

>> No.15943968

>>15943944
The most offensive part of your argument is that you claim that doubling the amount of CO2 would double the effectiveness of its greenhouse effect. Even if the entire rest of your argument were true, that part is completely false and no scientist will ever claim such a thing. It makes you sound like a troll intentionally sabotaging the argument to let deniers win.

>> No.15943982

>>15943968
Oh no, I simplified it too much!

Go away.

>> No.15943985

>>15943924
>>15943921
>>15943916
>>15943910
Nobody is fooled.

>> No.15943993 [DELETED] 
File: 198 KB, 800x800, 1682051594888191.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15943958
The thing about that is that people who have the environmental savior complex meme mental illness - which is extremely common because its promoted in the media constantly and has been for well over half a century - also generally are extreme narcissists, the savior complex is a subset of narcissism, they're both fixations on image consciousness with narcissism being a generalized form while savior complexes are a more specific form.
So of course people with narcissistic personalities will always tend to dramatically overstate and overestimate their own abilities, even to the point of claiming to have knowledge equivalent to degree holders in fields that they've never studied in.
And because of that they'll make dumb assumptions without a second thought such as presuming that doubling the energy in a system doubles it's temperature when the reality is that the temperature would only increase by slightly less than 19% in that case.

>> No.15944027

>>15943993
I simplified it because if I didn't we would be here for 5000 hours discussing negative feedback loops, tipping points and things like increased atmospheric temperature which increases the overall amount of water vapor, decreased albedo, disruption of currents, and so forth which all increase the amount of overall warming.

And I'm not going to teach an entire Climatology course in a 4chan thread. If you really want to know all of this information is publicly available but you don't want to learn the truth. You just want to have some excuse to keep burning gasoline.

Here's an introduction but I recommend taking a full course if you want to know the hard data I'm simplifying.
https://lamont.columbia.edu/news/how-exactly-does-carbon-dioxide-cause-global-warming

>> No.15944086 [DELETED] 

>>15944027
https://www.writingtoiq.com says your IQ is 96
and the fact that you can't do math or pass a physics course backs up that estimate

>> No.15944128

>>15943275
>So while it's record cold temperatures in Europe
Not anymore. Now the snow has melted, and causing floods. It's really short lived, you read about it in the news and assume it's a super cold winter, while it only really lasts a couple of weeks.

>> No.15944130

>>15944128
had 15-17C a couple of days ago

>> No.15944145

>>15944027
>I simplified it because if I didn't we would be here for 5000 hours
No you fucking didn't.
The Earth gets most of the heat in the form of visible light and the near infrared, but it radiates it away in the far infrared. Greenhouse gasses are transparent to visible light (allowing the sunlight to reach the Earth unrestricted) but opaque in the far infrared (blocking the outgoing thermal radiation)

>> No.15944425 [DELETED] 

>>15944145
global warming doesn't exist. if the process you're describing existed anywhere outside of your gullible imagination then mars would have a massive greenhouse effect, but it doesn't, mars has no greenhouse effect whatsoever.
co2 is not a greenhouse gas

>> No.15944444

>>15942610
It was a local event, not a global one.

>> No.15944610

>>15944425
This is a lie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Mars#:~:text=%20Although%20Mars%27%20atmosphere%20consists%20primarily%20of%20carbon,dioxide%20is%20very%20weak%2C%20leading%20to%20less%20warming.

>> No.15944943 [DELETED] 
File: 24 KB, 775x1127, wikifaggot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15944610
>wikipedia
fake and gay

>> No.15945652

>>15944943
They always quote Wikipedia because they know that Wikipedia is a politicized globohomo propaganda outlet which will always support the global warming lie. They can't do math and don't understand the underlying science needed to run the numbers for themselves so instead they rely on a source they know is fake to try and make a point, which means they also know global warming is fake.

>> No.15945773

It's not true Mars would have great effect with that much CO2, because there are no watery clouds there. It's somehow working together.

>> No.15945858

>>15943924
>You get a temperature of 285 degrees Kelvin. That's very not the temperature of the earth. That's below freezing

>11.85°C is below freezing

hey man, thanks for outing yourself as a retard so early on.

>> No.15945967

>>15943278
>>15943275
Dear climate scientist. Do you have some simulation, where I can check how does this happens on a ball on which we're rolling trough universe?

Something like google eart or nasa worldwind annotated with your data?

>> No.15946733 [DELETED] 
File: 57 KB, 680x577, leaked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15943278

>> No.15946793

>>15943924
Aren't the ECS estimates higher though? Like [math]4.8\pm 1.2^{\circ}[/math] according to the Pipeline paper by Hansen et al.?
Also, what's your take on the current situation - where do you think this is realistically going in the next decades? Geoengineering seems to be gaining traction recently, although this is a non-solution in the long run. How do you think the humanity will adapt?

>> No.15946795

>>15945967
NTA, but check out CMIP5 and CMIP6 models on GitHub. They are a bit shit, since they don't factor all of the feedback loops, but they are the best we've got.

>> No.15947279 [DELETED] 
File: 1.32 MB, 1x1, Eschenbach-Climate-Models.pdf [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15945967

>> No.15948413 [DELETED] 

>>15943924
You plainly don't understand even the most basic levels of thermodynamics

>> No.15948900 [DELETED] 
File: 17 KB, 644x800, 1702138043841.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15942929

>> No.15948956

>>15940621
https://www.google.com/search?q=How+does+global+warming+affect+winter+seasons%3F&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

>> No.15948963

>>15940621
It's that nights and winters get warmer far before summer starts to be hotter on days.

CO2 captures energy that is radiated back to universe from watery clouds.

>> No.15948965 [DELETED] 
File: 45 KB, 427x400, cia glowkike.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15948956
>google
>wikipedia

>> No.15948985

>>15941145
If you are so good at math, what number i'm thinking of right now?

>> No.15948996

>>15948985
Niggilion you fucking nigger.

>> No.15949001

>>15948965
Back to /pol

>> No.15949020

>>15948965
C.I.A. collect data there, that's true, but why are you all like if CIA states something as fact it must be automatically a lie? That doesn't make sense.

>> No.15949032

>>15942611
um, duh, it's called CLIMATE INEQUALITY

https://www.bitchute.com/video/8AHkAJrpAxd4/

>> No.15949081

>>15949032
People are dying because they are not white, whatsoever, keep them dying.

>> No.15950031 [DELETED] 

>>15949020
a propaganda agency's job is to spread misinformation, they won't waste time and effort on spreading honest truths

>> No.15950277
File: 7 KB, 224x224, 1700637873541741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15941145
>They know almost nothing about dynamic systems, like a genius mathematician like me does.
Grandiose symptom detected.

>> No.15950298
File: 136 KB, 1232x1192, Global-Atmospheric-Circulation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
>How does global warming affect winter seasons?
It specifically affects how the arctic polar vortex, within the arctic polar cell, is contained by the surrounding jet stream between the arctic polar cell and the Ferrel cell. The balance of that system is kept by the difference in air temperature between the polar cell, and the warmer Ferrel cell.
For reasons we're still trying to understand, the arctic has so far been warming faster than other regions on Earth. This means that the temperature difference between the air in the arctic polar vortex and the surrounding Ferrel cell has been decreasing, and therefore, so has the strenght of the jet stream that separates them and contains the polar vortex.
As a result, though in the past there have been instances when the jet strem couldn't contain the polar vortex from becoming unstable and descending southwards, that effect has now become much more common in recent years.
The jet stream slows down, it doesn't retain its approximate circular shape around the polar cell, and it becomes "wrinkly" or more wavy, and in those instabilities, the vortex sweeps south along with the jet stream "wrinkle", causing tremendous cold waves wherever it passes, since though it is slightly warmer than it used to be, it still is frigid polar air that freezes everything in its path.
This video does a pretty good job at explaining it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJ8RToE4vo

>> No.15950643

>>15950298
Based

>> No.15950956

>>15940621
Unevenly heating a sphere is space leads to over corrections, making winters more severe some places. Turns out "the globe" isn't one city......../board.

>> No.15950972
File: 195 KB, 1024x696, gfs_T2m_us_61.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15950298
so basically canadians are dead. i'm ok with that

>> No.15951026 [DELETED] 
File: 100 KB, 1031x623, TIMESAND___1vy1dm9TpSe0hF58t9TB5ifqFosvy1dsLvsI5KhdUI5VKhfsHaSISdf5KvI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15950277
I'm smart enough to know that I won't understand something difficult if I don't put a decent amount of effort into studying it closely... unlike the geniuses that "determined" my work was garbage after glancing about half of it during a period of less than five minutes.

>> No.15951031 [DELETED] 
File: 218 KB, 1024x640, TIMESAND___1vy1dm9TpSe0hdsLvsI5KhdUI5VKhfsHaF58t9TB5ifqFosvy1Sdf5KvI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15951026
Case in point, let the facts show who was right and who was wrong.

>> No.15951040 [DELETED] 
File: 158 KB, 946x1239, TIMESAND___1vy1dm9UI5VKhfsHaF58t9TB5ifqFoTpSe0hdsLvsI5KhdSdf5KvI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And, also let the record show the number of minutes the so-called geniuses invested in coming to the wrong answer with absolute certainty. I think a lot of those numbers will be single digit totals which easily quantify their position on the Dunning-Kruger spectrum.
>I can't understand it after five minutes so the author of it must be retarded, pic related.

>> No.15951592 [DELETED] 
File: 106 KB, 941x845, 3rhfoxahc1iO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15951593

>>15951592
Private jets aren't what is polluting the atmosphere, it's private cars.

>> No.15951597

>>15951593
>proles don't get to have nice things, only we get to have nice things
boot status: licked

>> No.15951612

>The Guardian has reported on new research showing that in one year, a single large container ship can emit cancer and asthma-causing pollutants equivalent to that of 50 million cars. The low grade bunker fuel used by the worlds 90,000 cargo ships contains up to 2,000 times the amount of sulfur compared to diesel fuel used in automobiles. The recent boom in the global trade of manufactured goods has also resulted in a new breed of super sized container ship which consume fuel not by the gallons, but by tons per hour, and shipping now accounts for 90% of global trade by volume.

>> No.15952224 [DELETED] 

>>15941132
fpbp

>> No.15952287 [DELETED] 
File: 75 KB, 700x699, q6du5VfH3HcS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15951593

>> No.15952295

>>15940621
The current real warming is caused by hunga tonga

>> No.15952309

>>15952287
stop noticing

>> No.15952346

>>15952287
Taylorsissies? Are we ready to drop our cars to offset the damage?

>> No.15952754

>>15952287
Fuck her in general, but it turns out that jet isn't 300 million cars, 1100 power stations, or single family detatched heated homes, or portland cement, or asphalt plant......as no true dutchmen would ever negate.....plus two week boat trips between concert dates is a little unreasonable. Still would love to see it. Get greta to yell at her.

>> No.15952778

>>15940621
Where I am from we used to have tons of snow from like end of november to april. This year I think we had heavy snowfall two or three times, of course it's all gone because temps have been above zero for most of december.

>> No.15953504

>>15940621
Apparently it makes them more severe. Or milder. or disappear. Everything is global warming.

>> No.15953507

>>15942774
You and the frauds you worship.

>> No.15953729

>>15952778
You're welcome
>>15953504
It's climate "change". If it's warmer today than yesterday...or colder...or windier...or cloudier...or...., then that's "change".

>> No.15953781

>>15942611
Fuck off Dubya

>> No.15953794

>>15952287
>Fun fact: Her private jet emits more carbon in a single trip than your car in your entire lifetime. That private jet has
flown over 200 times in the past year.
I hate private jets as much as the next guy but who comes up with such ridiculous lies and who on earth believes this? Her jet has a fuel tank of ~9 tons. Let's assume that she flies the maximum range and burns all ~7000 litres. Since this is aimed at conservative Americans, I'll assume an F150 which burns about 14l per 100km. Are you telling me that people drive less than 50,000km in their lifetime?

Again, private jets bad, fuck the 1%, yadda yadda. But why do you need to lie to attack them? There's so much true stuff to attack them for.

>> No.15953806

>>15953794
>this is aimed at conservative Americans
>litres
>km

>> No.15954007
File: 44 KB, 602x302, 1701593782979753.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15942954
Better question. How do you explain literally zero sea level rise?

>> No.15954011

>>15943810
My favorite global warming alarmist bit of propaganda is the claim that 2° C warming above 1850 levels will either kill every coral on Earth or every life form on Earth.

>> No.15955172 [DELETED] 
File: 75 KB, 1500x500, communism working class support.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15953794
>I'm with you yadda yadda
>but the really evil people are the white working class
nice try shlomo

>> No.15955280

>>15953794
You should work for snopes.

>Claim: Taylor Swift's private jet emits more carbon than most people's cars will during their entire lives.
>The Truth: Taylor Swift's private jet only emits as much carbon as a car would after driving 50,000km. Democrats win again, sweaty.

>> No.15955307
File: 213 KB, 850x611, IMG_8827.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15945773
>>15945652
Mars absolutely does have a measurable greenhouse effect, it’s just weak because of how thin the atmosphere is and lower levels of solar radiation

>> No.15955313 [DELETED] 

>>15955307
>Let me tell you I've never studied thermodynamics and have no idea what I'm talking about without explicitly saying that I've never studied thermodynamics and am completely clueless

>> No.15955323
File: 4 KB, 505x572, nobrain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
>>15941133
>>15942611
>>15942763
>>15942875
>>15942935
>>15943275
>>15943278
>>15943910

>> No.15955331

>>15943924
> my argument is some numbers pulled out of my asshole
You are a fucking idiot.

>> No.15955379

>>15940621
What event needs to happen to convince you the globe's climate is changing into an inhabitable state for the hooman? When ti happens will you apologize by volunteering to getting stoned to death to vent our frustration before we perish?

>> No.15955382

>>15955379
un*, oopsie

>> No.15955403

>>15955379
1: Earth burning off humans would be FUN-TAS-TICK as the bong says.
2: This planet needs to warm up SIGNIFICANTLY. What the fuck is the point of ice? God damn. Get that disgusting white shit away from me. There should be palm trees in Greenland. Not fucking dead, sterile fake wannabe cold glass.

>> No.15955406

>>15955313
>no arguments posted

>> No.15955414

>>15955307
What the fuck is this a map of? Photons that reach the planetary surface? Venus sure as FUCK gets a lot more radiation than Earth.

>> No.15955830 [DELETED] 

>>15955307
>no source
its fake

>> No.15956092

>>15955331
These can be easily corroborated if you did the minimum to check. Also as I said before I am not about to teach an entire climatology class in a 4chan post.

https://phys.org/news/2023-02-carbon-dioxide-global.html

>> No.15956102

All I see in this thread is a well explained, well researched proof of climate change and a bunch of retards saying, nuh uh because they don't want to admit that burning fossil fuels is bad.

>> No.15956166

>>15956102
- No sea level change
- No noticeable increase in temperatures anywhere
- Multiple examples of flawed methodology and outright fraud

How is this global warming again?

>> No.15957157

>>15943924
So how much more CO2 would mars need to become more temperate? Like 70F at the equator midday? And is there anything even theoretically possible to de-greenhouse Venus? Are all 3 in the "habitat zone" receiving about the same solar energy? Or within a range that would be tunable with atmospheric engineering to habitable?

>> No.15957172

>>15945773
>water vapor is 85% of greenhouse gases

>> No.15957191

>>15950972
So now it's real to make a joke? If it is real, they won't just stay there and freeze, THEY WILL COME HERE, then a BILLION other scrambling cause asshole america is basically cause this alone. What happens to your ethnostate then?

>> No.15957192

>>15951597
So it's real, but the tinest percentage of people are hypocrites, so let's destroy the biosphere cause they won't behave.....

>> No.15957202

>>15956102
Climate change is falsified.

Petrochemical usage is undesirable on account of its usage in developing nations though, so your heart is in the right place

>> No.15957205

>>15956102
>>15957202
You're both wrong. Burning of fossil fuels is EXCELLENT because it reintroduces all that carbon locked in the crust back to the biosphere where it can be put to good use.

>> No.15957274

>>15957205
Although I understand carbon release radically improves the biosphere and humanity as a whole, I still insist that this technology in the hands of developing nations is problematic.

>> No.15957433

>>15957274
There is much poisoning of the environment in the short term but humans will be extinct soon. Nothing can be done to fix the current problem. Only rejoice in the knowledge that this will end better than it started.

>> No.15957460 [DELETED] 
File: 302 KB, 1207x888, 01042403.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15957625

>>15957205
>>15957274
So youve played god with the other most precious place in the known universe?

>> No.15958326

>>15953507
provide quote

>> No.15958332

>>15957205
Retard, the reintroduction of carbon is having an adverse effect on biological lifeforms' environment destabilizing an already fragile "global" community. What say you to that?

>> No.15958393

>>15942954
and now non-strawman version
>global warming?
>heh, how do you explain record low temperatures?

>> No.15958399

>>15953806
Don't conservative Ameticans into science?

>> No.15958496

>>15951593
a car if it's lucky makes 200 tonnes of co2 at most.

>> No.15958512

It makes you surrender more taxes during them.

>>15958332
What can anyone say to a false assertion?

>> No.15958782

>>15958332
In what way? If you're talking about plastics, that's temporary.

>> No.15958800

>>15956166
1. This is a provable lie.
https://science.nasa.gov/earth/explore/sea-level-rise/
2. This is a provable lie
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/blogs/earthmatters/2021/06/22/earths-radiation-budget-is-out-of-balance/
3. This is an assertion without evidence and can be ignored.

Is this the best you idiots can do? Lies and baseless assertions?

>> No.15958978

>>15958800
>nasa
thats a government propaganda agency, not a scientific organization

>> No.15958997
File: 302 KB, 1200x1200, 1684236719116837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15958800

>> No.15959001

>>15958997
Silenced is not silent anon

>> No.15959004
File: 109 KB, 960x796, 1681923351756948.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15959001
How about some of this?

>> No.15959046

>>15958997
26 time more powerful a greenhouse gas too, right?

>> No.15959122

>>15959046
Not sure how much more, but a lot.

>> No.15959417 [DELETED] 

>>15959122
any greenhouse gas is a lot more powerful than co2 because co2 isn't a greenhouse gas

>> No.15959791

>>15958782
What time scale are you working with where the material fusing with rocks is temporary?

>> No.15959794 [DELETED] 

>>15958332
>muh fragile "global" community
it so fragile that its survived every possibly calamity and challenging condition for over a billion years.

>> No.15960176

If climate change is such a big threat why does the news feel the need to lie about it? If climate change is a big problem, why do the people who only produce one one-hundreth of the amount yearly of pollution big companies produce in days need to suffer.

>> No.15960410

>>15959794
>bill nye and micheal creitin over here

>> No.15960426

>>15960176
>"suffer"
Meaning not living like assholes...you driving a big gay truck, and living in a dick house hanging out in the wind cause you scared of a knock on the wall. Individuals are the little guy with not political power, get reigned in first. If you unfuck your head and want to outlaw trucking, or tanker ships, I'll be right on the picket line with you. Course they "feed the world", the ultimate excuse, you don't have. Stop pretending someone else being more wrong somewhere absolves you of anything. Try being a man for once and not a relativistic faggot.

>> No.15960436
File: 81 KB, 1280x720, 1704269951615518.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
Oslo, Norway hit it's RECORD cold yesterday with -31.1C. Beating it's previous record which was two days ago at -27.8C.

>> No.15960442

>>15960436
Context of your picrel?

>> No.15960458

>>15960426
Do you lodge these same criticisms at faggots using personal jets and living in 20 million dollar homes?

>> No.15960462

>>15960426
I won't reduce my quality of life just so you can fit more working bees. if you get billionaires to substantially lower the ravages they do to nature we might talk. if you can't do that then fuck off.

>> No.15960475

>>15941133
>>15940621
But my last 2 winters have been considerably warmer

>> No.15960505

>>15960436
That just proves climate change.

>> No.15960534

>>15960458
No. I'm a nobody like you. The tinest minority doesn't matter. How do you live you life with such short sightedness?

>>15960462
You can only control yourself.

>>15960475
GLOBAL warming is not two winters in one place. This circular little dick thinking is hell.

>> No.15960715

>>15960534
Funny, you had no problem whining at that anon.

>> No.15960828

>>15960505
Yes, the weather does change. What the fuck are you still in awe about?
It went from "global warming" to "climate change" because it began to stink, and you fell for it again. You are akin to the aztecs who believed human sacrifices would change the weather to their liking. Brainles and arrogant to believe humans have any say in the weather.

See, plastic waste and dumping in the ocean is a REAL issue but that makes a ton of $$$$ and consooomables so it's not as lucrative to push.

>> No.15961323 [DELETED] 

>global warming makes it get colder because…because it just does, ok!!!
>trans rights matter!!! stop being a chud!!!

>> No.15961448 [DELETED] 
File: 555 KB, 1200x1400, 23850.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15960828
>plastic waste and dumping in the ocean is a REAL issue
its only a significant issue in one country

>> No.15962475

>>15961448
In all fairness, as long as westerners do their business there- its as much our fault as theirs.
Our lifestyles depend on plastic being dumped in the Yanghtze river and not the Potomac because money dictates it so.
They may be bugs, but that there is just as much our fault because we thrive on it.

>> No.15962619 [DELETED] 

>>15962475
>China dumps more trash in the oceans than the rest of the world combines
>white people did this
sup chang

>> No.15962646

>>15962475
>US and Europe pass laws to end the dumping of waste in rivers
>China could easily pass similar laws but does not
Yes, it is the West's fault China doesn't know how to clean up its own act.

>> No.15962652

>>15951593
It's overwhelmingly from energy production and some from agriculture.
Cars/planes are just a drop in the bucket

>> No.15962828

>>15959791
You're literally talking about plastic fossilization. It's about as common with plastic as it is with living things. The majority of plastics will not be fossilized.

>> No.15962830
File: 185 KB, 884x477, colored smoke 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15960176
Dangerously close to denying the holocaust here.

>> No.15962861

>>15943278
If government knows this, why is the EU ratcheting down its nuclear facilities and opening up new coal plants?

>> No.15962865

>>15944027
>I simplified it because
So you lied "for [our] own benefit".
If you're going to spend time explaining things, then respect the intelligence of your audience.

>> No.15962908
File: 125 KB, 700x1160, 1686511486979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15960426
>>15960534
>drinking the atheistic socialist climate alarmist kool-aid

>> No.15963595

>>15962619
>>15962646
I'm beginning to think you haven't had three consecutive paychecks in your life.

I can't do business in my country because i end up only taxing without a profit AT BEST. It's cheaper to make something here, send it to China for packaging and getting it sent back because of environmental taxes and whatnot. Having a daughter company in China is currently 35% cheaper for me than having only one company that does it all in my own country.
Chang doesn't give a shit, and that's problematic- but you wouldn't choose the alternative i.e not having something to consooooom either.
Literally ignorant to the "put your money where your mouth is".

>> No.15963726

>>15941133
No, what’s happening is that the time that humans have spent recording weather is increasing. As time passes, we are more likley to have encountered increasingly rarer weather events, giving the appearance of increasingly severe weather.

>> No.15963729

>>15962828
>literally
No shit. What's the difference between living things and plastic? Also, majority means fuck all given the volume available. It's still too much and only a small part of the equation. The bigger worry is oceans running out of room to store the temperature increase from the co2 blanketing the globe. When the real mass migration starts that's when the fun begins.

>> No.15963889

>>15962908
I'm the only freethinker in this planet, christ fag. Keep you big gay truck fumes to yourself.

>> No.15964842 [DELETED] 

>>15963729
>the temperature increase from the co2 blanketing the globe
you can store an infinite amount of things that don't exist in a very small space.

>> No.15965077

>>15962908
I would kill every human on Earth to save one tree. Trees are an active positive for the world. Every tree adds to the world. Every human takes away from it.

>> No.15965295

>>15964842
>heat doesn't exist
10-4

>> No.15965350

>>15942961

Theres another side to gw, not only in atmospheric temperature but also ocean temperature plays a huge role and with gw or certain periods of arid conditions polar ice breaks off into the ocean, the glacier melts and cold water is added to the oceans cooling the water and changing the behavior of termohaline circulation (specifically the up- and down-welling) and currents. The more the ice melts the cooler the water gets. So it is certainly possible for warmer periods to cause cooling in a paradoxal way.
Studying geology has honestly made me less worried about the climate panic, our "boohoo cute animals" have gone extinct in the past and they will now. And humans are not differenr from animals, someday we will die aswell and the planet will remain.

>> No.15966077

>>15965350
>The more the ice melts the cooler the water gets
cold water is dense and as a result it sinks, numbskull

>> No.15966549

>>15940621
more high and more low during the winter seasons

>> No.15966556

>>15954007
>what are tides

>> No.15966621

>>15951593
Do you own a car? I assume you walk everywhere.

>> No.15966638

I unironically do not see how people believe CO2 induces widespread climate change. The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is minimal. The atmosphere is 5.5 quadrillion tons. We put in 30 billion tons of CO2 in the atmosphere a year. That is fucking nothing. NOTHING. We're on a giant piece of rock whose landforms constantly change, whose tilt changes over thousands of years, whose eccentricity changes over thousands of years. Even if we know 100% CO2 causes a change in the climate? How do we know it is all negative? Wouldn't increasing CO2 cause more plant growth? We have had much higher levels of CO2 in the past. Life survived. Ever heard of the Younger Dryas? 4 degree Celsius drop in temperature over 50 years. That was 12,000 yeard ago.

>> No.15966653

>>15966621
>yet you participate in society, curious

>> No.15966656

>>15966653
You are seething.

>> No.15966722

>>15966638
>I unironically do not see how people believe CO2 induces widespread climate change.
That's because you're a sub-80-IQ denialtard whose highest achievement in life is not failing highschool. Like, your kind unironically posts pixelated JPEG memes taken off boomer Facebook groups as "evidence".

>The atmosphere is 5.5 quadrillion tons. We put in 30 billion tons of CO2 in the atmosphere a year. That is fucking nothing. NOTHING.
Your body is 6 liters of blood. Take a milligram of cyanide. That is fucking nothing. NOTHING. What, why are you foaming from your mouth? It was only a milligram.

>We're on a giant piece of rock
We're 8 billion people

>whose tilt changes over thousands of years, whose eccentricity changes over thousands of years
You answered your own question. Keyword is "thousands". Over millenia nature has time to adapt to its new environment. And even then, your funny changes usually result in a mass extinction event. Now imagine if everything happens all of a sudden.
Go 100 mph in your car and gently hit the breaks, coming to a full stop within 10 seconds. Now do the same thing but within half a second. Feel a difference?

>Even if we know 100% CO2 causes a change in the climate?
We do.

>How do we know it is all negative? Wouldn't increasing CO2 cause more plant growth?
Because plants also need water and the pollination through insects. It's almost as if nature was a delicately balanced ecosystem and turning knobs without knowing what happens next might not be that good of an idea.

>We have had much higher levels of CO2 in the past. Life survived.
The point here again is time. Also, maybe people want to live, not just "survive". I for one don't want my granddaughter to be forced to whore herself out at age 13 to earn some more ration stamps just because I was too selfish to give up on my yearly sailing trip to St. Tropez.

>4 degree Celsius drop in temperature over 50 years. That was 12,000 yeard ago.
Completely made-up BS.

>> No.15966732

>>15966722
Then why don't you just shut your computer off right now? That will lessen electricity demand and hence the amount of coal/natural gas being burned. If you are SO worried, then don't even have kids. Adding another human being is terrible for the environment by your logic. I just don't buy any of it. Sorry. Luckily people are becoming more skeptical than they used to be.

>> No.15966746

1. Denial
>it's all made up, Cletus the Plumber from our Harley Davidson Facebook group told me so
2. Anger
>it's the fucking chinks, how dare they build so many factories for my consumerist pleasure?
>YOU ARE HERE
3.Bargaining
>m-maybe 3 degrees aren't so bad after all? can we get 1.5 degrees? n-no? maybe 2, then?
>YOU ARE ALSO HERE
4. Depression
>it's all hopeless, we can't do anything anyway, might as well enjoy my time while it lasts, fuck future generations
5. Acceptance
>it's alright, we didn't deserve Earth anyway after all

>> No.15966758

>>15966732
>Then why don't you just shut your computer off right now?
Because we live in a society, also I'm already doing 100-times more than your average mindless consumerist zogbot. I don't own a car, I rarely eat meat, I don't travel except by train, I don't go skiing every weekend, I don't buy the latest fagPhone every year etc.

>If you are SO worried, then don't even have kids.
Not planning on getting any kids. Also I'm not even worried, I KNOW shit will htf in the coming decades. I'm gonna lean back and enjoy watching the rest of my age bracket tearing out their hair in shame because they deliberately left their kids with a hellish Mad Max style everyday fight for survival out of pure selfishness, despite knowing what would happen.

>Adding another human being is terrible for the environment by your logic.
Only if they're the same consumerist idiots as their parents.

>I just don't buy any of it.
Too bad, because no one cares what Retardo from Bangladeshi skincare forum does or does not buy.

>Luckily people are becoming more skeptical than they used to be.
You mean retards like you who can't even organize a strike for higher wages and who've been voting for the same crooks every four years that have been defrauding them for the last 300 years?

Because these crooks are the only people that matter, and they have finally woken up and are - albeit slowly - implementing more and more climate-friendly legislation.

Also, please answer me this: If it's all a giant hoax why are the super-rich building fuckhuge multi-million dollar underground bunkers with autoturrets and AA defense and hydroponic plants and shit on their private islands? Why bother if they know it's all made up anyway? What are they afraid of?

>> No.15966931

>>15966621
I use public transport. Nobody needs a care in 2024.

>> No.15966953

>>15962865
I am NOT teaching a 5000 hour Earth Science climatology class. You don't even have the basics in Geological History, Oceanography, Meteorology, and I don't know if you've taken Chemistry, Physics, Statistics and Calculus for science majors or not.

Respect nothing, you're asking for stupid levels of education in a 4chan thread.

Here's your answer:
https://guide.berkeley.edu/undergraduate/degree-programs/climate-science/

>> No.15967178

>>15966931
>care
So you live in Rhode Island?

>> No.15967331 [DELETED] 
File: 64 KB, 953x720, 1686122050677430.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>water vapor is 85% of greenhouse gases

>> No.15967374

>>15965077
Obvious bait, but I'm posting anyway.

By your own logic you should kill yourself.

Trees are not innocent creatures. The Banyan tree is always expanding and merging with other Banyans, suffocating other tree species, resulting in a monoculture. A billion years ago oxygen was a waste product poisonous to most organisms on Earth. Life adapted, just as it will with humans.

Nature is brutal and the universe does not give a fuck about you or anything in it. All organisms are born into a gladiator contest, constantly at war with other organisms, the elements, in search of enough surplus calories to survive and reproduce.

And if it weren't for humans and their society, morality, technology, and infrastructure you'd be dying in a shithole.

>> No.15967392

>>15966953
They can't predict the weather in a year, but you think they can predict the climate in a 100 years. The Earth and all its systems are chaotic and highly dynamical. The error bars on these models are laughably wide and mean nothing. All the scientific grants and funding incentivize the most alarmist perspectives, producing a mountain of failed predictions.

The real reason to move away from fossil fuels is because they are finite and getting more expensive. We should move to the most abundant and scalable energies, namely nuclear, deep geothermal, and eventually fusion. In the interim fossil fuels are an absolute necessity and the foundation for modern standards of living.

>> No.15967458

>>15967374
>state objective reality
>get called bait
Ah such is posting on reddit.

>> No.15967464

>>15967392
I notice you didn't mention the most abundant form of energy in the entire solar system: solar. Hmmm it's almost like these talking points come from the nuclear industry (which is privately owned and relies on massive subsidies) or something.

>> No.15967569

>>15967458
I suppose posts like these are necessary to increase engagement and bump the thread.

>> No.15968971 [DELETED] 

>>15967464
>ITS A CONSPIRACY
https://www.psycom.net/paranoid-schizophrenia

>> No.15969061

>>15968971
You a dumb bitch.

>> No.15969203

>>15969061
>no argument

>> No.15969249

>>15942929
Just a little bit of nuance smashes climate denier's arguments.

>> No.15969720
File: 815 KB, 1600x1124, 596.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15967374
>Trees are not innocent creatures.
FK U!
I DINDU NUFFIN!!!

>> No.15970816
File: 213 KB, 850x850, watc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15940621
That shit is globohomo propaganda. Only imbecile morons believe in such absurd nonsense.

>> No.15970829
File: 35 KB, 1600x1435, asf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15960426
You deserve to be dismembered skinned and burned alive.

>> No.15970833

>>15960475
Sure the averages are getting warmer across the board. But at the same time Global warming is increasing the incidences of "Black Swan" events, such as record breaking short-term temperature spikes/dips. Remember, 5 hours of -10 degree weather followed by 1 month of 60 degree weather still increases the average temperature.

>> No.15970870

>if climaet change real then how come snow
>checkmate vaxxers

>> No.15970884

>>15943275
> it warms the planet evenly. It gets 2 degrees warmer at the poles, it gets 2 degrees warmer at the tropics. Because that's how an increase in solar output works.
Lol it’s like high school let out early.

>> No.15970914
File: 29 KB, 603x404, booster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15956092
LMAO, you have no credibility at all.

>> No.15970926

>>15970870
>if climate change not real how come hurricane
>checkmate deniers

>> No.15970947

>>15970914
How does BP cock taste like?

>> No.15970958

>>15966758
> What are they afraid of?
Very clearly they fear blowback from people not believing in the endless doomsday scenarios that are conveniently solved by giving them more power and money.

>> No.15970985

>>15970926
Damn, compelling

>> No.15971064

>>15970958
>the elite invest billions of dollars into useless underground bunkers on their private islands to fool the public
>but they get really stingy for some reason when it comes to producing convincing fake-science that "proves" climate change, as all their fancy papers and measurements get disproven daily by retired forklift drivers on Facebook yard sale groups

>> No.15971147

>>15971064
>producing convincing fake-science that "proves" climate change, as all their fancy papers and measurements get disproven daily by retired forklift drivers on Facebook yard sale groups

Take a moment to appreciate that this anon 100% believes this.

>> No.15971210

>>15940621
I could postulate that higher levels of energy in the atmosphere and ocean would increase the overall avg of global wind speed. Not sure of what effects this would have, deadlier hurricanes?

>> No.15971374

>>15971210
that clearly isn't the case, all of the most powerful storms occurred in the in 1950s, 60s & 70s.

>> No.15971408

>>15941154
No, just autism.

>> No.15971982

>>15970947
Better than snow.

>> No.15972232

>>15971374
Ehh, I would expect the change in wind speed to act as bullwhip effect. I have no idea where we are in the natural wave function, but I would guess the effects are exaggerated by the additional energy?

>> No.15972256

Roses are red, violets are blue I have uranium and dream does too.

>> No.15972267

It's hot, global warming!
it's cold, global warming!
It's wet, global warming!
it's dry, global warming!
Our figures don't match up with temps, global warming!

>> No.15972301

>>15967392
You are again, like a fucking retard, confusing climate with weather.

>> No.15972313

>>15972267
No serious scientist ever used the term "global warming" or advocate for it. Go shill somewhere else, BP bootlicker.

>> No.15972315

>>15940621
El niño should have a bigger effect afaik

>> No.15972341
File: 40 KB, 553x400, Koonin-Unsettled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15972313
I started reading up on AGW being a hoax since people kept raising the discussion. Upon research I learned as most do that there are serious issues with the consensus. Including defective modelling, unfalsifiabillity, exaggerated harms, financial incentive to lie, IPCC fraud, and a bunch of dissenting academics

>> No.15972356

>>15972341
There are no "dissenting academics", there are a bunch of shills paid for by oil companies.

>> No.15972380

>>15972356
lol. Take off the blinders
> Nobel prize winner, Dr. John Clauser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGrMvlxEQGk

>> No.15972405

>>15972380
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_disease

>> No.15972432

>>15972405
Dave Collum, he names a bunch as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fJaBcrElos&t=172s

>> No.15972466

>>15972432
He's literally on Shell's payroll!

>> No.15972473

>>15972466
Okay, and?

>> No.15972493

>>15972466
Judith Curry is another one

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/10/11/bombshell-audit-of-global-warming-data-finds-it-riddled-with-errors/

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-exposed-in-massive-new-climate-data-fraud/

https://pjmedia.com/blog/joseph-d-39-aleo/2010/01/29/climategate-noaa-and-nasa-complicit-in-data-manipulation-n14598

http://notrickszone.com/2017/02/13/more-data-manipulation-by-noaa-nasa-hadcrut-cooling-the-past-warming-the-present/

https://www.iceagenow.info/nasa-noaa-engaged-biggest-fraud-science-history/

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/02/nasa-noaa-climate-data-is-fake-data/

https://thenewamerican.com/un-ipcc-scientist-blows-whistle-on-un-climate-lies/

https://www.wnd.com/2017/07/study-blows-greenhouse-theory-out-of-the-water/

https://principia-scientific.org/the-illogic-of-the-official-global-warming-dogma/

There's a lot of smoke on this topic and none of the modelling has actually proven correct despite this being what drives the hysteria

>> No.15972569

What does the average joe have to gain from echoing the anti-environment narrative of big corporations?

>> No.15973259

>>15972356
>anyone who disagrees with my is part of a conspiracy
https://www.psycom.net/paranoid-schizophrenia

>> No.15973281

>>15942611
>when liberals unironically adopt a neo-con word game
I remember when you fags were mad that they were using climate change instead of global warming.

>> No.15973291

>>15972569
a warm cuddly feeling that the libs have been owned, one suspects

this is the level of conversation they want to drag it down to. discussing minutae. trying to find a tiny thing not quite right in order to smear the massive body of evidence present. dont fall for it

>> No.15973294

>>15972313
Not anymore.

>> No.15973305

>>15940621
>How does global warming affect winter seasons?

think of a kettle of water. as the water heats it bubbles and swirls. this is what is happening to the atmosphere as it warms. more energy is entering the system so it moves more

this will result in more storms, more often, at a more extreme level.

also, because arctic polar air is now 'warmer' it finds it easier to slip south in pockets. this causes the polar vortex effect where cold air gets sucked down and temperatures plummets.

overall, the earth is warmer. some places will get wetter and warmer, others colder or drier.

this is on a macro scale of course, and impossible to predict exactly where when or what will happen. as arrogant mathanon above mentioned, the system is too chaotic

>> No.15974205

>>15973305
you have never studied even one semester of thermodynamics

>> No.15974232
File: 46 KB, 486x302, 1703295951225254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15942929

>> No.15974529

>>15974205
What makes you say that?

>> No.15974979
File: 2 KB, 150x150, 1585944275719.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15973305
>>15974529
What part of the warming kettle turns colder?

>> No.15975102

>>15974979
Do you understand how convection works? The heat at the bottom causes the warm water to rise and the cold water to sink. The more heat the faster the convection. Obviously the polar vortex is more complex, but that's already been explained to you and you chose to take issue with an oversimplified analogy.

>> No.15975197

>>15975102
Okay. So what part of the water in the kettle gets colder?

>> No.15975240

>>15975197
The warm water in contact with the cold water. Just like with the polar vortex. The coldest part moves and cools a warmer part. I don't feel like you should be having this much trouble with the concept.

>> No.15975278

>>15975240
But did the arctic actually get warmer? I mean I know you'll say it did because everything is always getting warmer because just trust me okay?, but I'm guessing no.

>> No.15975314

>>15975278
The artic is getting warmer, but not as quickly as the rest of the Earth. You don't seem to understand that the coldest parts of the atmosphere are not getting colder, they're spilling out from where they're normally confined and cooling the warmer air in other regions. The total energy of the system goes up, even if the temperature of some parts go down in some places for some period of time. These aren't hard concepts and you really shouldn't be struggling with them.

>> No.15975355

>>15975314
What I understand is that global warming alarmists falsify data literally all the fucking time. Sorry, sweaty, once you burn your reputation, you can't get it back. Should've told the truth instead of trying to emotionally blackmail people.

>> No.15975363

>>15975355
Take your meds, retard.

>> No.15975366

>>15975363
He's right. People are tired of the alarmism.

>> No.15975375

>>15975366
You should take your meds, too. The world won't end just because we switch from one source of power to another.

>> No.15975380

>>15975375
And the world won't end when you admit your side can't even get a consisten narrative straight.
>2014
Global Warming will kill us all!
>2024
>record cold snap in the US

Don't look up. The sky is falling.

>> No.15975744

>>15975375
It won't begin either. Your futurism is nonsense. You can't even defy pedophiles. Technology can't fix cultural ills.

>> No.15975901

>>15975380
The reason the US is having severe winters has already been explained to you and is a direct result of global warming. You are a moron.

>> No.15975902

>>15975744
Take your meds.

>> No.15975918

>>15940621
>you give the government your tax dollars
>government turns the global thermostat
It's science!

>> No.15975930

>>15975901
:^)

>> No.15976019

>>15975901
>global warming
Falseflagger detected. It's climate change.

>> No.15976082

>>15976019
It's climate change caused by global warming.

>> No.15976384
File: 54 KB, 781x716, Gigame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15941145
>humans are pretty repugnantly retarded
>They know almost nothing about dynamic systems, like a genius mathematician like me does. And don't even get me laughing about physcucks who think they know math either. Everyone around me is basically a nescient pig.
>Even an infant with the most basic understanding of the mathematical theory of waves could understand it perfectly.
>And I'm really lazy so don't make me spell it out.
>Disgusting filth that muddles the purity of a mathematical reality like natural sciences is just poison to the mind. I laugh so hard because imagine wasting your entire life as a "climate scientist" only to have worked your whole existence to be a worthless unthinking animal.
>God, people with low IQ should really just be put down like feral mutts, their existence embarrasses me.

>> No.15976441

>>15976384
> writes a lot
Says nothing

>> No.15976761

>>15975902
>NOOO THE WORLD HAS TO BE LEAD BY CHILD RAPING JEWS BECAUSE...IT JUST DOES, OKAY??
No.

>> No.15977142

So if the vapor pressure is increased by IR feedback loops does the exit velocity of heat into space also increase? let me guess it's "nonlinear and doesn't increase the volume enough to remove the net temperature." Does Boyles law hold true then?

>> No.15977300

>>15975240
cold does not move.

>> No.15977803

>>15976761
Take your meds

>> No.15977808

>>15977300
Are you 12?

>> No.15977840
File: 2.49 MB, 480x720, Fisher on women.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15977803

>> No.15979021

>>15977840
he was right about that, but neglected to mention that his mother raised him to be a great chess player, raising children is what women are good at

>> No.15980158

>>15941132
fpbp

>> No.15980842

>>15953781
>>>/pol/

>> No.15981060

>>15942611
It used to be global warming and before that the greenhouse effect and before that global cooling.
But surely they've got it right this time!

>> No.15981064

>>15981060
The greenhouse effect is what causes global warming. Global warming sounded too scary, so the bush administration pushed the term "climate change". Global cooling was never a thing outside of sensationalist media.

>> No.15981067

>>15977840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4QyUOX65MM

>> No.15981218

>>15963726
This is the correct assessment and it's pretty obvious.

>>15963729
You're fucking goofy. The shit you NPCs believe based on nothing is pretty startling. It's like actually talking to a dysfunctional AI.

>>15966638
This is the part of global warming they never want you to mention. Actively heating up the planet SHOULD be mankind's primary concern as it will humidify the world again. A planet stuck in an ice age is a catastrophe, not the normal way of things. This is literally one of the coldest points in Earth's history, and if you follow the trend, it's been getting worse over the course of the planet's history, which means something will eventually have to be done to totally reverse the cooling trend or the planet will eventually become a totally uninhabitable block of ice.

>>15966722
>all this idiocy
>not mentioning any of the real problems
>mentioning shit that has nothing to do with global warming and then blaming it on global warming
If only your kind cared as much about the clearcutting of forests and turning every fucking wetland and grassland into farmland as you do about a manufactured "crisis" from cow farts we might actually restore some of the biosphere.

>>15966953
Hi, ecologist here. You don't know shit about any of those subjects. A basic understanding of paleontology reveals global warming alarmism to be just another symptom of NPCs taking over.

>> No.15981233
File: 40 KB, 660x495, 1583548290701.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15975375
>ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME NEEDS TO BE MEDICATED!!!
Quite possibly the worst meme reddit every poisoned this site with.

>> No.15981244
File: 247 KB, 1194x1394, XGXmzTJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15979021
Women kill their children about an order of magnitude more than their fathers. The recent pandemic of "trans kids" is also 100% due to women. SIDS is likely mostly just infanticide also. No women should EVER be granted sole custody of a child.

>> No.15981802

>>15943924
I am tired of this woke LGBT propaganda, even graphs are not spared.

>> No.15982624

>>15981064
>The greenhouse effect is what causes global warming
No it isn't. Global warming doesn't exist, its caused by political propaganda.

>> No.15983835

>>15982624
tsmt

>> No.15984374

>>15940621
>how does the most observational study based science in the market affects the world?
It doesn't

>>15941145
But enough about your mom

>> No.15984378

>>15981064
Global warming wasn't a thing outside of sensationalist media either.

>> No.15985106
File: 11 KB, 500x221, Temperature_Interglacials.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15981064
>Global cooling was never a thing outside of sensationalist media.
Wrong, it was all over the academic press in the 60s & 70s and correctly so, the current interglacial period is coming to a close

>> No.15985525

>>15985106
Nonsense.

>> No.15985544
File: 99 KB, 1024x768, PeerReviewedPapersComparingGlobalWarmingAndCoolingIn1970s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15985106
>it was all over the academic press
No, it wasn't. And your picrel actually has nothing to do with what little actually was discussed in academic journals.

>> No.15986909
File: 70 KB, 822x351, sea level going down.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15985106
that explains why sea level is going down

>> No.15986942

>>15985544
>No True Scotsman

>> No.15986962
File: 455 KB, 802x1072, 1682851937274669.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15986909
Hmm...it looks like the only actual LITERAL hard evidence we have is that sea level is going DOWN.

>> No.15987981

>>15986962
sea level is going down because theres so much water locked up in polar ice, both the greenland and the antarctic ice sheets are currently measured as growing at fairly substantial rates

>> No.15988025

>if global warming, why cold?
dumbest board on 4chan i swear to god

>> No.15988036

>>15988025
>if hurricane, then global warming
>if winter storm, then global warming
>if flood, then global warming
>if desert, then global warming
>if nothing happens at all, then global warming

>> No.15988197

>>15987981
Well yeah. But we're told that sea level is rising because the ice caps are melting. They're not and it isn't.

>> No.15988228

>>15988036
So this is the power of falsifying data... I kneel

>> No.15988414

>>15988036
Yeah, this is pretty fucking ironic that global warming kikes come on reddit about 30 times a month whining about people doubting global warming because of fuck cold winters when global warming alarmists blame EVERYTHING on global warming.

>> No.15989843

>>15988414
do they blame the fact that nobody believes in global warming on global warming?

>> No.15990941

>>15988025
you could solve that problem by leaving

>> No.15990950

>>15986962
>sea level is going DOWN
In this one particular place, likely due tectonic movement, similar to certain places in California and the Scandinavian Peninsula. Overall, it's rising

>> No.15991250

>>15986909
You pic is from a river you inbred moron

>> No.15992433

>>15945652
That only actually works though if you don't understand the context of geologic time. Nothing can save a global warming alarmist from being made aware that the Earth existed before the Pleistocene.

>> No.15992440
File: 21 KB, 320x320, Map-of-the-Baltic-Sea-including-the-geographical-names-used-in-this-paper-The-Sound_Q320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15991250
That's the Celsius Seal Rock, you dumb bitch. It's on the coast.

>> No.15992443

>>15989843
Give it time.

>> No.15992444

>>15990950
Two places actually listed in this thread already. Zero places where it's actually increasing, unless you count eroding sandbars like they tried for the Southeastern American coast which was funny. Odd they didn't try that shit in Washington or Maine. I wonder why.

>> No.15992456
File: 57 KB, 1000x400, 874-051_meantrend.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15992444
>Two places actually listed in this thread already
Yes, in the very comment you're replying to.
>Zero places where it's actually increasing
Wrong. But you know that already.

>> No.15992458
File: 588 KB, 750x580, slrmap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15992444
>Odd they didn't try that shit in Washington or Maine. I wonder why
Didn't try what? Measuring sea levels? They do. Turns out that the stations in Maine show a rise of ~2mm/year

>> No.15992460
File: 18 KB, 768x550, regcomp_US_USNA_1209_1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15992458
>Maine
See here for details.

>> No.15992461

>>15992460
Did they adjust the old data down to make it more accurate for this, too?

>> No.15992463

>>15992461
You'd need to show us the old data to make an actual point.

>> No.15992471

>>15992463
I don't have a point, I'm just pissing in the well.

>> No.15992476

>>15992471
I can see that. So, did G-D bury the dinosaur bones to test us?

>> No.15992487

>>15992476
Yeah, she usually calls me O G-D when I bury the dinosaur bone.

>> No.15992503

>>15940621
It will when they change this data series, until then it'll be in a state of quantum superposition

>> No.15992589

>>15992456
8 cm is within the margin of error. Several meters isn't. But you knew that already.

>> No.15992592

>>15992476
You don't have to tell us you're jewish, we already know.

>> No.15992698

>>15992589
The margin of error is 0.62mm/yr while the rise is 4.2mm/yr. So it's not within the margin of error.

>> No.15992705

>>15992698
You dumb cummy.

>> No.15993319

>>15992456
that trend only exists because the historical data was altered to create the trend

>> No.15994789
File: 58 KB, 640x199, dilbertdata.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15992461

>> No.15994897

>>15943916
So does asphalt also contribute to the greenhouse effect as it absorbs and reemits heat from the sun?

>> No.15994905
File: 412 KB, 1024x776, PGR_Paulson2007_Rate_of_Lithospheric_Uplift_due_to_post-glacial_rebound.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15986909
It's the rebound following the ice age. Why would you be content on data from one location instead of sampling them all unless you're an imbecile or troll.

>> No.15995120

>>15993319
Nonsense.

>> No.15995122
File: 53 KB, 706x773, 88.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15941145
Wrong. True Humans are incredibly smart. The problem is that most of the current population are infected with genes from african apes and jew parasites. The only way forward is genocide through eugenics.

>> No.15995153

>>15994897
No, that would be a change in albedo rather than a change in the greenhouse gas effect.

>> No.15995177

We already know what the solution to "climate change" is, if it were real. Nuke China, India, Africa, ridding the world of the most polluting organisms, and to switch to nuclear power. If you disagree with this, you don't really care about the environment, you just want us to own nothing and be happy.

>> No.15995226

>>15941133
It's also changing the air current up north. Instead of being circular where warm air stays south and cold air stays north. It's becoming more jagged. So warm air is going far north and cold air is going far south.

>> No.15995297

>>15993319
>Data is fake when I say so
What's the point of this board anymore? Everyone is just aggressively stupid now

>> No.15995325

>>15995297
He's referring to the falsification of NASAs data around 2006.

Why are you posting in a global warming thread if you're not ready to defend your own position? How can I get your job?

>> No.15995429

>>15995325
Provide evidence for your claims.

>> No.15995446

>>15995177
literally me

>> No.15995588

>>15995297
>I hate /sci/
why are you here?

>> No.15995806

>>15994905
And Brazil?

>> No.15995825

>>15995429
Not him, but you're obviously just a troll trying to get people to waste their time. You put no effort into your posts.

>> No.15996841

>>15995825
phone posters are both lazy due to the limitations of their technology and attention hungry due to their social media addiction

>> No.15997114

>>15996841
Where would reddit be without phoneshitters?

>> No.15997139

>>15995806
Are you really so disingenuous that you are going to sit here and try to pretend that Brazilian geography wasn't massively altered by glaciation? Fuck off.

>> No.15997277

What is the difference between albedo and shc? pardon my ignorance I >>15995153
am but a high school drop out.

>> No.15997302
File: 182 KB, 769x595, bilde1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15997277
Albedo affects how much light is radiated away from the planet instead of being absorbed. Changing the albedo changes the radiative forcing from albedo. As you can see in pic related, land use typically increases albedo, reducing the radiative forcing, but black carbon on snow decreases the albedo and increases the radiative forcing. Green gasses interact with infrared light that has been emitted by the Earth and reflect some of it back.

>> No.15997304

>>15997302
>Green gasses
Green house gasses*

>> No.15997306

>>15995825
>>15996841
>>15997114
So you don't have any evidence for those claims?

>> No.15997372

>>15997139
Is this a shitpost? It's so hard to tell open shitposters from retards on blue boards.

>> No.15997394

>>15997372
Your concern trolling will get you nowhere, denialist.

>> No.15997463

>>15997394
Again. I can't tell. You're doing a good job of mimicking a retard or being one. Brazil wasn't covered in glaciers, obviously.

>> No.15998539
File: 566 KB, 510x504, s5N4uc9WfFtO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15998570

>>15998539
He doesn't know the polar vortex is destabilizing.

>> No.15998572

>>15997463
Do you have a college degree? How about a degree in climate science? Have you spent the past 20 years researching glaciation in Brazil? No? Then shut your fucking mouth and let educated people speak.

>> No.15998590

>>15966077
But it's fresher, making it less dense

>> No.15998800

>>15998572
I'm an ecologist, and yes I specialize to some degree both in Brazilian ecology AND Late Pleistocene megafauna, so I am worlds more qualified to talk on this subject than some random dumb authority-worshipping bint on a cheap imitation of reddit.