[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 77 KB, 392x351, 1701262016941642.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15895469 No.15895469 [Reply] [Original]

I was thinking how language is meaningless but also so meaningful and beautiful.
We can reduce anything we say as just a senseless string of words, but yet we still find sense in them.
It made me think of art. Art should be senseless too. A painting is just colors on a plane. But I didn't feel depressed, I felt invigorated. I realized that some art is ugly fecal nonsense and other art (usually classical art and never m*dern) is beautiful.
I imagine in my head a perfect beautiful woman, but a person is also just a meaningless mass of flesh... right? Wrong. The beautiful women is aesthetic she is the convergence of aesthetic, she is the muse within my mind, a divine image. A painting is aesthetic in the same way. And so is meaning, the things we say are said because they approach an aesthetic.
And even God, the universe, through mathematics MUST agree with the aesthetic nature of mathematics.
I conclude then, that we humans are attracted to aesthetics because they are knowledge or knowledges because they are aesthetic.
Some say we live a tragic existence, then maybe it must be that great tragedy that gives stake to beauty.

>> No.15895488
File: 54 KB, 295x304, 1701263702771447.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll now explain why this is important to me, as a mathematician.
Most of my life I told purely in terms of number and natural numbers, I thought it was sufficient. However numeracy is just one aspect we should consider. Yes it is interesting that 0 implies naturals, but in the construction of our existence through the anthropic principal we must see emergent qualities implied thereafter.
And even though numeracy is an implication of emptiness the existence of naturals is married to the existence of emptiness. To have one without the other is in vague terms utter heresy.
But I seemed to have ignored the existence of something else: aesthetics indicate form.
Numbers are meaningless without aesthetic value, which derives from the existence of emergent forms.
Beauty herself is a mathematical deity, with a heritage to numeracy and god we see a family of sorts emerging.
I was an utter fool to ignore this... what beauty I had ignored. The muse in my mind is now so much more than a mere woman, but a mathematical deity of defining beauty.

>> No.15895494

>>15895469
>thoughts aesthetic
depends, i can think of very un-aesthetic things, so i'll leave it at "some times"

>> No.15895515

>>15895494
If entropy were a woman she's probably be a total smoke show, but a total bitch.

>> No.15895694
File: 23 KB, 400x400, IMG_5174.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Although there is a likelihood that you are being a little edgelord, aesthetics and the implicated are validated by approaching our subjectivity with thresholds of tolerance unto their believability.

By allotting space surrounding our numbers, equations, and even semantic theories, you can allow and define clear boundaries that will validate universally these thresholds of tolerance. It is easy to point out that at a point, certain numbers and their specific definitions are observably more common than other certain numbers and their specific definitions. Above this axiom lies your aesthetics; by simply being inclined towards certain integers than others, you are able to realize mathematics in concept better than you may if your appreciation deviates towards others. Likewise, you would be able to understand these concepts of mathematics at higher levels than other people, and even potentially their adjacent other minded personalities that favor other ideas and numbers.

What is interesting with that which you bring up is certain ideas such as a novel proof can disseminate a higher theory simply by sparking the right intuitions, without comprehension. The receiver does not need total understanding of the material, he only requires certain facets of the idea to be shined on, and he can fill in the rest and more. This is because of your ideation upon aesthetics, that the way the number sits can have profound impact on the way one might think. That the difference between success and failure lies upon which elements you favor both spiritually and biologically in bias is disconcerting.

It is an idea that is not nearly aa appreciated as it should be, and it is a likely reason why some geniuses go so much further than others. That they were born with operations to utilize regions of the brain more for certain criteria is a revelation one must ask himself when he reflects upon his own efficacy.

>> No.15895753
File: 428 KB, 1242x1129, 1701338831421.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There is a deep connection between aesthetics, truth and morality. They all cannot be explained in terms of physics,, as they are coming from the platonic realm. Hence only beings capable of consciousness can experience them. This is what distinguishes the main character from the NPC. The NPC will take the formalist approach, telling you that math is nothing but symbols and proofs can be algorithmically derived by computers. The conscious Platonist Chad will use his intuition to tell you why the halting problem and Gödel's theorems make this impossible. This is the Penrose-Lucas argument. Consciousnes is uncomputable which is why true humans will always be superior to AI even though AI will be superior to NPCs.

>> No.15895757

You sure do seem to love talking about yourself on social media

>> No.15895784

>>15895469
Yes thoughts can be aesthetic because they are imitating an ideal forms. I have the same feels with movement: compare an amateur runner with a professional runner for example and animals move beautifully because they're in tune with their nature. It seems completely crazy if you can't see it like I thought math teachers are weird for calling equations beautiful.

>> No.15895789

>>15895515
Hold on is this a trivial comment or are you referring to Kali and maya?

>> No.15895812

>>15895694
You know what's interesting apocalypse means revelation.
To face a higher reality beyond our pleasant neighborhoods can either be terrifying or beautiful.
Modern humans tend to fear adventure.
I think that the fear of pain is why science is dying. Modern scientists are meek, they choose blind passivity.
In the rings of hell Dante had to walk through fire to find Beatrice, his muse.
Even if aesthetic is subjective in measure, the aesthetic of aesthetic is still objective.

>> No.15895816

>>15895789
I dunno bro, I'm not really into indian ladies, but I was thinking in general like a femme fatale

>> No.15895823

>>15895784
>ideal forms
I see, are you a platonist?
I suppose I am kind of a Platonist too, but mostly an intuitionist.
> It seems completely crazy if you can't see it like I thought math teachers are weird for calling equations beautiful.
Yes at first I ignored this. I just liked it because I thought it was a good tool for explaining the world, but then I was introduced to a mathematical world that had no regard for us or the physical world. Naturally as a man when a woman ignores me I am only driven to desire her more.
I know a lot of natural scientist would call me a crazy idiot and say it's all just chemicals in my head, but my relationship with math is beyond physical or material meaning.

>> No.15895833

>>15895757
Well I must be famous then, because it seems you love talking about me too.
>>15895753
>This is what distinguishes the main character from the NPC
I see, but what does it mean? Why can we see these things that others struggle to see? Why do they say we're religious or insane because we see these things?
I think I like your post the most. There is a lot of humanity behind it. It is honestly not often I see that. Sometimes I feel alone.
I used to sympathize with formalists, but they're are too much like grammarians. Mathematics exists and I've felt it within my mind, it's more than just a language. A dog proceeds the word "dog." So does math.
Red pill me on platonism.

>> No.15895835

>>15895816
>femme fatale
She represents an ideal too. The increase of lies is a breakdown of what we thought was reality and helps us detach and refocus on what's real, true and aesthetic. Imagine loving a woman and she tries to kill you. Isn't that the only way to cure our worship of false idols?
Don't know about death of the body and the whole universe though.

>> No.15895844

>>15895835
>Isn't that the only way to cure our worship of false idols?
To be killed by them?
I think choosing to die is worse. Mutilation or murder of the self is possible the most heinous.

>> No.15895854

>>15895823
>I see, are you a platonist?
No I'm just beginning to explore Plato's ideas and I'm not attached to any particular view. I just kind of stumbled into this view by thinking, reading, listening and seeing a lot, but it's kind of like a joke: it's about getting it, the thing beyond words.

>> No.15895877

>>15895469
I imagine in my head a perfect beautiful woman, but a person is also just a meaningless mass of flesh... right? Wrong. The beautiful women is aesthetic she is the convergence of aesthetic, she is the muse within my mind, a divine image. A painting is aesthetic in the same way. And so is meaning, the things we say are said because they approach an aesthetic.
Give it five to six years, after enough bitching and nagging you'll see her as a lump again. Yet somehow can't get off her long enough to stop pumping out kids.

>> No.15895911

>>15895469
the next level is in realizing that that beauty is a product of your own mind, its all in the eye of beholder. Just because something is originating from your own mind doesnt mean its not real. Your mind is not what you think it is, it is extended spatially and temporally.

>> No.15895913

>>15895515
Wrong. She'd be smoking hot, ditzy, clumsy and utterly random.