[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 91 KB, 1569x947, Theory.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15673821 No.15673821 [Reply] [Original]

Why is it, that scientists think there was nothing before the physical universe? Wouldn't this explanation be more accurate? If E=MC2, then it means mass is just hyper compressed energy right? So wouldn't it make more sense that instead of this infinite void, there was infinite energy that become compressed together to create the physical universe, and the void is just a by product?

>> No.15673832 [DELETED] 
File: 836 KB, 494x278, ifls.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>OH HAY GUYS I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!

>I'M TOTALLY LIKE A GOD, COMPLETELY OMNISCIENT

>NO I CAN'T PROVE OF DEMONSTRATE MY OMNISCIENCE

>NO I CAN'T SHOW YOU ANYTHING OF MEANINGFUL USE OR VALUE HERE ON LITTLE OLD PLANET EARTH

>BUT TRUST ME, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE WHOLE UNIVERSE BECAUSE WHAT I'M SAYING CAN'T BE DISPROVED

>> No.15673838

>>15673821
how would this happen? why would this happen? this goes against entropy.

>> No.15673840

>>15673832
Simmer down buddy. I'm just thinking this is more rational than literally nothing exploding and making matter.

>> No.15673844

>>15673838
Does it? Think about it for a minute.

>> No.15673856

>>15673844
red shift shows the universe is expanding, how would you explain this

>> No.15673860

>>15673856
The force which compressed the energy together has eased off, and it's natural action is to decompress and spread out. Like squeezing a sponge into a more solid object.

>> No.15673882

>>15673821
>infinite
back to /x/ you go!

>> No.15673891

>>15673860
even in this scenario, the "endless light" seems off. it would have to be something else. honestly I feel the whole thing is bs but I'll admit I don't have the tools to rip it apart. will lurk.

>> No.15673895

>>15673891
It doesn't have to be light. An energy of some source. It's an idea that popped into my head and I drew in MS paint, not some physics formula I've spent ten years on.

>> No.15674205

>>15673821
>there was infinite energy that become compressed together to create the physical universe
I think that's already somewhat along the lines of what they think. None of the theories state that there was ever nothing, a far as I'm aware. The big bang theory for example makes no claims about what occurred before the big bang or if there was anything before the big bang. It only states that the universe was extremely small and there was a bang and then it was extremely big. The reason they don't make any claims about what occurred before that or why they're even is anything at all is because if you mathematically model the universe, working out what happened as you imagine going backward in time, you can only go so far before the math stops working (ignoring string theory etc), which is when the universe is about the size of a single atom. Any claims beyond that point with our current understanding and capabilities could only be an assumption, which wouldn't be very scientific, so it's basically just ignored. And at that extreme state of the universe there is still a quantum field and the universe is basically a blob of quark gluon plasma or possibly in some other esoteric state

>> No.15674260

Every physical phenomena you ever observe is God's Will acting subtly