[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 39 KB, 250x250, 250px-Cyanobacteria_guerrero_negro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15640906 No.15640906 [Reply] [Original]

This is a cringe post but what if we combined all our autism into a stream of consciousness to brainstorm the effects and solution of climate change? We have the capacity to move mountains if we wanted to.

I will synopsise the general gist of what we know

>Climate is topical, not global. A trend van be determined on a global scale, but it cannot be proven even with spending decades analysing data
>Many countries across the globe have provided goals and funds to local municipalities to reduce the carbon footprint.
>A lot of money is being spent to greenify cities. It actually helps filter out car emissions locally. An oak tree can filter out 5 tons of carbon for example.
>Third world countries have no laws regarding the environment. Basic stuff like filtering factory emissions or basic footprint upkeep are still nonexistent because it's a money issue.
>Global temperature trends are the same as global climate trends, they can only be determined locally
>The local temperature is determined by distance from the sun and the chemical composition of the atmosphere
>Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide are the 2 biggest regulators of temperature, there are others like methane that provide instability as well
>The biggest problem is the increase in sea temperature
>All species are codependent in some degree
>The environment uses a mechanism to resist drastic environmental changes called feedback, which determines survival in eras of crisis on an abundance of species to absorb the effects of change
>The lesser the amount of species the bigger the blow. For example worms can eat decaying matter, the more species of worms the better the resistance.
>Electric cars are just as bad as combustion engine ones

My take on the whole debacle of temperature regulation is increasing oxygen output, if we can't decrease carbon dioxide. Put some farms of cyanobacteria with a controlled population on a topical level and the temperature will cool right off.

>> No.15640913

>i'm gooonnnaa save the world!!!
>just like muh superheroes in muh marvel comix mooooooovies
you are mentally ill
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

>> No.15640921

>>15640913
>I will not think of a solution and lay dormant until I die of a forest fire or flooding

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apathy

>> No.15640926

It only takes one

>> No.15640932

>>15640921
>So I'm gonna assume that these kinds of problems are fixable anyways

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism

>> No.15640935

there is more evidence that anthropogenic global warming is a death-cult scam than not.

>literally thousands of recorded climate freak arsonists arrested around the world

>> No.15640950

>>15640906
listen you immature child, if we create any extra buffer IT'S GOING TO GET RAPED BY BILLIONAIRES AND GOVERNMENTS AROUND THE WORLD. do you get that? whatever you'd save, it will instantly be plundered by someone.
anything, and I mean ANYTHING you do now, any personal effort you exert towards this, will be used instantly by someone else. they won't leave anything on the table, ever. they'll always push that shit right until we're surely dead, and they'll just back off a wee bit. nothing else is possible, such is human nature. you just fell for the politics around the subject. of-course the thiefs who steal will yell the loudest "gee we really need to save this bitch or we die" while stealing anything they can get their hands on, which yes includes polluting as much as allowed + stealing the extra taxes you pay towards fixing climate.

>> No.15640987

>>15640950 me
it is exactly the whole aparatus supporting greta that's doing the heavy carbon plundering. they are the very ones fucking the planet, and they shield themselves by making a ruckus around the subject. you can't accuse them of anything because they are the ones trying to save the planet. that has always been the best place to hide.
whatever you come up with will just give them even greater carbon credit. which they will use.

>> No.15641002
File: 2.73 MB, 297x498, based150iq.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15640906
>4chan
>solve meme problem by doing actual work
no thanks
>implying humans currently have the ability to influence climate of an entire planet when we can't even figure out a process to produce a room temperature superconductor, a material which we are pretty sure exists

>> No.15641062

You all are fucking retarded.

>> No.15641065

>>15640926
You're forgetting the power of love, also.

>> No.15641173

>>15640906
There's only one solution and that would be to bomb the everliving shit out of most industries on the planet.
Good luck with that, I won't be part of it.

>> No.15641185

>>15640913
>Hears someone talk about "saving the world"
>Immediately thinks of marvel films, gets irrationally angry, then links a wikipedia article
You're mentally ill.

>> No.15641216

>>15641185
>gets irrationally angry
The fact that you felt the need to respond to a strawman says a lot

>> No.15641232

>ha ha ha guys why do we spend months planting forests to save the world
why? given enough time some fucking government backed jew will just come along, claim they own the land now, and start a profitable forestry business and rape your work till the whole thing is gone.

>> No.15641245

If world hot why not steal all hot to get energy until cold again.

>> No.15642514
File: 95 KB, 1237x687, BF6472AF-B7F5-4DF4-8D89-A0CBE76D1CDE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15640906
N

>> No.15642527

>>15640906
I would think by now science would know more about weather, but the weather reports are always wrong every day. I get the feeling they are just looking outside and guessing like the rest of us

>> No.15642566
File: 205 KB, 659x525, 848.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15640906
Make a shitton of windfarms on the ocean and increase cloud nucleation sites by spraying grinded sand or smth.
Using the windfarms will help because green energy and the increased evap will increase cloud coverage leading to more reflection of the planet

>> No.15642657

let's just spray sulphates into the atmosphere, it's a solution that's proven to work