[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 48 KB, 400x261, Enhanced strength.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1559904 No.1559904 [Reply] [Original]

TL;DR: How can I use my muscles to their full capacity without limit?

All right /sci/, I need your help. I already asked /adv/, but they were lacking in science.

I want to know how to train my body to be able to utilize the full ability of my muscles. You may know this as "hysterical strength." Basically, the concept is that during an adrenaline surge (in a fight-or-flight situation) your body (if not thinking about it) will remove the limiters placed on your muscles to allow full access to all the muscle fibers, thereby granting huge increases in acceleration; force is mass times acceleration, thus, it would grant massive increases in force output.

If such a thing is that simple, then the solution would be just to initiate an stressful situation by yourself, right? Wrong. This only works naturally if you don't think about the concept, thereby eliminating any logic and rationalization from your work. If it's allowed, then you will realize that such increases in strength do not make sense to the human body, and thus your system won't do anything because it believes it can't be done. Essentially, it is similar to a placebo effect. It's possible, obviously, but it can't be activated consciously, only when your body is in a state of panic with no time to think things out.

But is it possible, and this is where I want some help and advice. How can I go about training my mind to be able to do this? Obviously I can't just will myself and it'll happen whenever, but it nevertheless is possible. I don't give a shit about ramifications like "It'll damage your muscles" or some other shit, I just want the ability to use my muscles to their full capacity.

>> No.1559945

>>1559904

Does anyone know?

>> No.1559954

steriods help

>> No.1559957

i like this idea... but we have these limits for a reason.

look at the aftermath of people with hysterical strength, they are often hospitalized since their muscles are torn to shit.

drugs can do this, pcp for example, but nearly always have negative side effects

>> No.1559958

LSD

>> No.1559961

if you're one of the (un)lucky people who can manually produce adrenaline, it's a snap. But it's terrible on your heart.

There's a reason your body isn't like that all the time, it puts way too much stress on the system. You could break your bones with just your own muscles. I would not advise seeking this route.

>> No.1559974

>>1559957
>>1559961

As I said, I just want know how to produce such an affect. I wouldn't use it constantly (I like being able to move), rather, I just want the ability to do such a thing, even if it's never used.

>> No.1559985

Would Pavlovian training work? Like, have a friend attempt to beat the shit out of you for a month, but every time you see him coming, do something that you will inevitably use as a trigger. So you can eventually have unlimited power at the literal snap of a finger.

>> No.1559990

drugs, lots of drugs.

have a friend that is allergic to bees? use his extra epi-pen. just be careful.

caffeine also works by tricking your body into thinking it needs more adrenaline

>> No.1559993
File: 9 KB, 193x260, imgres.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Inhibit the production of Myostatin in your body with Follistatin.

From Wiki article:
>Lee & McPherron demonstrated that inhibition of GDF-8, either by genetic elimination (knockout mice) or by increasing the amount of follistatin, resulted in greatly increased muscle mass.

of course, this has not been tested on humans

Lack of or inhibition of myostatin is why apes are strong enough to tear your arms off.

<pic related, never lifted weights but ripped as hell

good luck getting someone to synthesize it for you

>> No.1559994

Generally, the time where the benefits would outweigh the risks would be when your body would release it anyway.

>> No.1560012

>>1559985

I've never heard of that. I'm not a masochist, but if that what it would take, then I'd do it.

>> No.1560016

>>1559961
>if you're one of the (un)lucky people who can manually produce adrenaline, it's a snap. But it's terrible on your heart.

question; how does one determine if you can do this?
i'm able to give myself controlled "thrills", whereby i can consciously enduce a "butterflies in stomach" sensation, similar to missing a step on the stairs.

the sensation seemingly spreads outwards from my lower left side.

>> No.1560026

did it ever occur to you to post it in >>>/fit/?

>> No.1560027

>>1560016
meant to post tripless but whatever

>> No.1560038 [DELETED] 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

This shit usually only happens when it is NEEDED!

Whenever you body produces an hell of a lot more adrenaline than it usually does.

>> No.1560039

>>1560026

It did, but I chose /sci/ after /adv/ to attempt a scientific approach to this.

>> No.1560042

OP needs to buy some PCP

>> No.1560054

>>1560039
>scientific approach

Go to damn >>>/fit/ they know more than us about the human body, especially muscles. Geez you're an idiot. there isn't anything scientific about it.

Just because /b/ is a retarded shithole doesn't make all other boards retarded except /sci/.

>> No.1560087

Measure your heart rate while you do it I guess. Also be careful it's not all in your head and you get excited, throwing off the measurements.

Or maybe go to the gym and get on a machine that won't hurt you if you mess up (i.e. not lifting anything over your head). Then find your normal weight limit where you can't get it to budge, and try lifting while doing that thing.

Or see a doctor, probably more sensible.
But that's lame.