[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 196 KB, 979x1280, IMG_0735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15494022 No.15494022 [Reply] [Original]

I have taken so many drug tests for pre employment and or at the hospital in the litany of visits I’ve had. Never once tested positive for drugs even an hour after taking them. I’ve been hair follicle tested and nothing. I had diverticulitis last year and was in the hospital getting dozens of doses of hydromorphone and morphine, got sent home with 2 dozen OxyContin 5mg. 2 days later I get a random and it shows nothing. I have been on 2mg of Ativan daily for 2 years and took a drug test yesterday for pre employment that was laboratory tested and came back negative for benzos. I literally took 2mg 3 hours before the test was administered. I didn’t care because it’s prescribed but how the fuck is this possible?

>> No.15494035
File: 9 KB, 249x250, Pepedaddy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15494022
So if i jizz in your butthole you couldn't be tested for being a homosexual?

>> No.15494039

>>15494022
whats the point of a drug test before such a thing? Surely the marker ought to be if you can function. Insurance companies and politicians are very distasteful

>> No.15494043

>>15494039
Every junkie thinks he's "functioning." People are just tired of delusional people getting high and fucking things up.

>> No.15494057

>>15494039
I am a cdl driver for one. But it seems like most companies drug test these days regardless. Most likely their insurance carrier forces them to. The world is shit.

>> No.15494082

I've never had a drug test her in Switzerland for reasons of employment. Had a bunch of jobs too, but this just isn't done here...and likely not in most other countries either.

>> No.15494084

>>15494082
I am from germany, never did a drug test either. Went to Spain, England, France, Polen, Austria.. To work there, never did a drug test. Must be american degeneracy or something

>> No.15494091

>>15494022
It is possible to become so tolerant to benzos that you would be functional on a dose that would sedate an elephant with no impairment. this is an awful, abysmal thing to have happen to you and i hope to god you keep a stash of benzos on hand so you dont go through withdrawals, people can die from that, just not using a drug that you had been taking for years even if youre not addicted

>> No.15494092

>>15494084
It helps keep people of crime out of essential society-maintenance positions like trucking and civil service.

>> No.15494138

>>15494022
>how the fuck is this possible
One thing you haven't thought of is people lying on the internet (shocking, I know).
>diverticulitis last year
>getting dozens of doses of hydromorphone and morphine
>sent home with 2 dozen OxyContin 5mg
I 100% guarantee this did not happen.

>> No.15494144

>>15494092
>diversity is our strength low trust society
Ok, aha.

>> No.15495556
File: 144 KB, 577x543, Hi There.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15494022
Most standard/rapid 'dip tests' are fairly garbage.

Certain people have variations in the function of various metabolic pathways in the liver - some are 'rapid metabolizers' of certain things; some are 'non-metabolizers' and everything in between.

If you truly wanted to know what was going on - you'd have a urine drug test that wasn't just a dip-test and was sent out to a fancy lab that does the breakdown of all the specific molecules - ie instead of just saying 'opioid' or just saying 'benzo' it tests for each specific one and specific metabolites

That, combined with a 1 time test to determine whether you have any specific metabolism abnormalities with how your liver is handling things - would be the best way for you to get the clearest answers which you seek.

If tests continue to be negative despite taking the meds & having no explanation for why they shouldn't be in the system - then consider pissing away money to get your pills tested to make sure some addict working at the pharmacy isn't somehow swapping them out (or idiot at pharmacy giving you wrong pills) - obviously, each of these scenarios is very unlikely if this is something that has occurred over multiple years.

Main point - basic urine dip tests are often crappy and unreliable; too many false positives and false negatives - I generally avoid making clinical decisions off of them and instead we send all samples out for advanced processing. Conflicting results are disgustingly/disturbingly common.