[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 48 KB, 500x500, hawking.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15470041 No.15470041 [Reply] [Original]

Hope this is a /sci/ related question?
Took an iq test it's mid 80s.
Is it scientifically possible to increase IQ?
There seems to be debates between scientists on this topic.
I see the test as random patterns but what does that mean in real life?
Can I never get a PhD that I wanted?
Can I never understand higher and scarily advanced math? Or does it mean I just have to work harder than someone with a high iq.
If the brain can physically change while learning something for example the taxi driver experiment where specific parts of their brains were bigger because they had to memorize whole cities, and once they stopped being a driver that area shrank.
IQ is a good predictor of financial success and academic success.
But does it means to just give up and rot?
Will I never be able to understand what Stephen Hawking understood if I pursue a path that he was on hypothetically?
Would I be able to make contributions to the academic world, discover, or invent something?
If you're an expert on a topic you should be able to break it down well enough to explain it to a grade schooler, although it will of course take longer.
But that's obvious cope right.

Can you increase IQ scientifically?
Is my learning forever stunted?
Is it over?

>> No.15470043

>IQ is a good predictor of financial success and academic success.
it isn't

>> No.15470053
File: 77 KB, 500x375, tumblr_n83c7pHVJR1trci4bo1_500-3525845748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15470041
>block of text
didn't read

>Is it over?
always has been. and your iq is not at fault for that.

>> No.15470056

>>15470041
you sure do seem to like talking about yourself on social media

>> No.15470063

>>15470056
This is the only website I post on.
Have you find my other posts?
You wanted me to post my homework questions instead?
What's the point of your post?
And yea I do like to talk about myself when asking a question that will help me understand something.
So the information I provided about myself was be necessary, unless you wanted me to say " a friend of mine's iq is... teehee"
Please fuck off.
I'm not in the mood.
Shitpost if you're going to be funny about it.

>> No.15470065
File: 112 KB, 306x306, 1685355169971.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15470041
>Is it scientifically possible to increase IQ?
Within limits of approximately one standard deviation.
>I see the test as random patterns but what does that mean in real life?
It means you're not a fast learner when it comes to abstract concepts.
>Can I never get a PhD that I wanted?
Any retard can get a PhD nowadays. Acadummic degrees are about obedience, not intelligence.
>Can I never understand higher and scarily advanced math?
Probably.
>Or does it mean I just have to work harder than someone with a high iq.
Math can become so abstract and high level that you won't achieve an understanding only based on hard work within your lifetime unless you're high IQ.
>IQ is a good predictor of financial success and academic success.
No, it's not. Academic success is the result of mindless obedience. Financial success is the result of attractiveness and psychopathy.
>Would I be able to make contributions to the academic world, discover, or invent something?
Sure, you can be co-author of a low quality paper with Pajeet and Zhang et al in some irrelevant niche topic nobody cares about. You can write the introduction explaining how this topic is relevant to bipoc lgbtqia+ identity politics. This is how modern acadummia works.

>> No.15470068

>>15470053
>didn't read
Not shocking.
A lot of you are pseudointellectuals.
I'm wondering why someone on a big brain board can't read a paragraph or two and then post.
At least your shitpost was funny, thanks for the laugh.

>> No.15470088

>>15470065
Ah, a rebel.
>Math can become so abstract and high level that you won't achieve an understanding only based on hard work within your lifetime unless you're high IQ.
Can you give an example of which math area is like that. And also what is the accurate term to describe different areas of math? Like geometry is a different discipline than calculus or whatever, or you can use whatever than discipline.

>Sure, you can be co-author of a low quality paper with Pajeet and Zhang et al in some irrelevant niche topic nobody cares about.
This is good enough for me.
>You can write the introduction explaining how this topic is relevant to bipoc lgbtqia+ identity politics.
I'm not someone that can be bought to write about something relevant to my niche topic no one cares about unless it's my only option then I include a small insignificant snippet.
Sometimes you have to play by the rules.
There's a lot of dogma in academia, but that's why you can think for yourself and be resilient against it or use your "psychopathy" and ignore it but use it to your advantage.

I don't care for the paper of PhD.
Well I do, the status is great, but I actually care about the material.

>Any retard can get a PhD nowadays. Acadummic degrees are about obedience, not intelligence.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAlI0pbMQiM&t=615s
You'll enjoy this video.
Also can you define intelligence, like what it means to you?

>> No.15470117

>>15470065
Yea you seem like a "I'm tired of this fucking shit kind of guy".
Picture matched your post.
Few can do that.
Knew it would be one post.
You are content with your shitpost, you busy this Sunday, can't entertain me?
Do I bore you?
The only good post in my thread and you seem anti academia which is unusual to me, and intriguing.
Few good posters that can shitpost effectively.
God I hate this fucking site.

>> No.15470131

>>15470041
>Hope this is a /sci/ related question?
It's not
Go to /adv/ and ask them what a certified retard should do with himself

>> No.15470150

>>15470131
Asking about the science of how the brain can be improved, neuroscience, and brain development is science.
But every board has their own culture.
Do you wake every morning and look at your Mensa certificate before you do your morning routine?
Are high iq people usually assholes?

>> No.15470157

>>15470131
>>>15470066
You lurk in this thread instead?
You seem to be offended for some reason, can't control your infantile emotions and must resort to degrading and insulting.
How old are you youngster.
If you're a boomer, I forgive you, you earned the right to be an asshole.
But something tells me you're just one of the autistic savants that has trouble making friends and afraid of making eye contact.