[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 12 KB, 166x196, 1281992032333.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15386358 No.15386358 [Reply] [Original]

Why is only some academic information debated among the public? Various theories in economics, historical facts, the effectiveness of vaccines – just to name a few – have mountains of evidence that point to one conclusion, but still end up in the realm of politics. But I’ve never seen anyone argue that water contaminated by sewage is good for you, or that uranium isn’t radioactive. Why are some facts unanimously accepted and others aren’t?

>> No.15386367

>>>/pol/

>> No.15386394

Hundreds upon hundreds of papers are published every month in any given field. Even academics don't keep up with anything except their particular subfield. Normies don't have the time to keep up with research from a particular field, let alone all of science. Only when some conclusion keeps being published time and time again (often when it becomes consensus), it has a chance of penetrating the public discourse.

>> No.15386449

>>15386358
Eisenhower said “Of all these [Displaced Persons] the Jews were in the most deplorable condition. For years they had been beaten, starved, and tortured.”
DeGaulle and Churchill didn't say a word about gas chambers. There is culture of oppression narrative, many take the exodus from egypt literally. All the camps in the west turned out to be labour camps, not extermination. After ww2, started because of the invasion of Poland, Russia occupied Poland for 45 years. Somehow we needed to prove that the Nazis were worse that the Russians. Hence a reasonable doubt.
Vaccines are complex. Yes they protect from some diseases. But they have bad effects too. Covid vaccines are not very good, and since their introduction rates of heart disease and cancer have skyrocketed.
The real question is why you personally refuse to entertain the hypothesis that the so called consensus is wrong.
Just the fact that denier go to jail or the immense pressure on doctors regarding covid vaccines should be enough to intrigue you.

>> No.15386456

To put is more succinctly, of course there is a consensus when you censor those who dissent.

>> No.15386467

>>15386449
>Covid vaccines are not very good, and since their introduction rates of heart disease and cancer have skyrocketed
Source?

>> No.15386484

>>15386467
CDC

>> No.15386509
File: 23 KB, 1233x532, cdc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15386484
They've only published trends up to 2019. I combed through their website and all I could find was pic related, which contradicts your claim. Faggot.

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/NHISDataQueryTool/SHS_adult/index.html

>> No.15386544

>>15386358
>Various theories in economics
Those theories make things more expensive for me.
>Historical facts
The left is trying to rewrite history.
>the effectiveness of vaccines
I was forced to quit my job over it
>I’ve never seen anyone argue that water contaminated by sewage is good for you
People aren't trying to make me drink sewage water.
>uranium isn’t radioactive.
People aren't trying to force me to buy uranium
>Why are some facts unanimously accepted and others aren’t?
You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you upside the head cattle. You lack the ability to critically think and it's clear that you've never published a paper in a meaningful field. You have no idea he w corrupt the process is.

>> No.15386565
File: 272 KB, 657x527, mhm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15386544
>You lack the ability to critically think and it's clear that you've never published a paper in a meaningful field
Maybe, but at least I didn't lose my job because I'm afraid of needles.

>> No.15386566

>>15386358
>Why is only some academic information debated among the public?

Generally 'public discourse' is the result of propaganda efforts. Most people simply parrot opinions they heard elsewhere, often like a philosophical zombie without any awareness of the actual meaning used.

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”
― Edward Bernays, Propaganda

>> No.15386567

>>15386565
You don't understand. I got the moderna shots. They kicked my ass worse than any virus ever did. I refused to get a booster and was forced to quit or get fired. I'm never getting an mRNA vaccine again.

>> No.15386568
File: 128 KB, 1670x983, CovidIFR.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15386565
Why did you trust a stranger to inject an experimental drug into you for the common cold?

>> No.15386569

>>15386358
You've never heard anyone claim the water makes the freaking frogs turn gay?

>> No.15386572

>>15386569
Atrazine actually is causing gender bending frogs.

>> No.15386579

>>15386572
based

>> No.15386624

>>15386358
>But I’ve never seen anyone argue that water contaminated by sewage is good for you
Bill Gates argues that.