[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 9 KB, 225x224, brain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1537832 No.1537832 [Reply] [Original]

i am tired of this. i am more intelligent than the people around me, yet i see them succeed where i only fail.

i have this grasp on the universe, on human nature that others do not have, and yet i have no girlfriend and just a small group of likeminded friends.

i am a well spoken, educated, tall, white guy, 23 years old and i must beg for a shit job to waste all my money at university. what is this life? why should i fight for this? to what end?

>> No.1537835

The main benefit of intelligence is the ability to play dumb.

>> No.1537838

You just kinda described me. I have the ability but no drive.

Okay, I'm not a condescending prick like you.

>> No.1537841

narcissism with a hint self biased judgement
lots of people think they are smarter than everybody else. the difference is if you can translate it into something in real life

>> No.1537839

You have fallen prey to the ludic fallacy. You believe that an aptitude for games is proof of your intelligence, but it is only proof of your aptitude for games and idealized, unrealistic spaces. Like most people, you are interested in things you are good at, so you are desperately trying to get into University despite no inherent interest in study.

Given your ridiculously overblown sense of self-importance, I can't see where I'd care if you killed yourself.

>> No.1537842

>more intelligent
>white

here's your problem

>> No.1537843

Its easy to have deep insights into the universe and human nature.

Its difficult to wake up every morning and be a good person.

>> No.1537845
File: 6 KB, 173x196, index.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wait till you're 25, doing the exact same thing, only with less friends.

>> No.1537860

>i have this grasp on the universe, on human nature

no you don't. none of us do, not even the best of us. stop kidding yourself.

>> No.1537868

Delusions of grandeur.

>> No.1537875

>i have this grasp on the universe, on human nature that others do not have, and yet i have no girlfriend and just a small group of likeminded friends.

Okay, really...what the hell does this even mean? If you have to go this far out to give yourself a false sense of importance then, perhaps, there is as little hope as you perceive.

>> No.1537873

>>1537832
80% of Frenchmen self-report that they are in the top half of lovers.

Society doesn't think you are that smart; it has been here longer than you, it will be here after you, and it has more information, so I believe it over you.

>> No.1537872

High intelligence doesn't get you success.
The ability to effectively manipulate people gets you success.

>> No.1537882

protip; you're actually a retard lying to yourself

also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

>> No.1537884

>what is this life? why should i fight for this? to what end?

You are a moron. this is the first question you should solve before doing anything.
You are a fucking hamster in a wheel, running to nowhere. You are not different from the retards in your high school that only thought of fucking.

Some of us could get women. We choose not, because it take effort and money. Even morons know that. They lie, they pretend, and they have been training since they are twelve. You just sit there and expect the women will fall for you because you are so fucking smart. It takes goddamn work, as anything else.

Some of us could get as much money as we want.
Dont believe me? look at this.
http://www.nycgarbage.com/
This guy literally sells garbage. 50 bucks a piece. What is stopping you from doing the same?

If you truly were as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be whining about this. I hope you reconsider your views on life. Arrogant losers like you make the rest of us look bad.

>> No.1537885

final sol'n: an hero on cam faggot

>> No.1537889

You know how no one seems to know how ignorant they are and just blunder on in ignorance?

You're exactly the same as them, but they're not sitting around whining about it, they're going out and doing things.

>> No.1537892

>>1537832

Oh and, by the way, you know what it takes to have a girlfriend? Forward momentum...it's not about where you are but where you aim to be. Set real, actionable, goals and take the necessary steps to achieve them. Stop sitting around and telling yourself how great you are and actually start doing things, okay? Or else end it. No one here will give a damn either way.

>> No.1537896

>>1537868
Whoever thought Paul Barman would change the
game?
I started rhyming when the radio was unbearably
lame
Rappaz R. N. Dainja
'Depression is closely followed
By delusions of grandeur.' (--Karen Horney)
I think about all the pube I got
While reading the Rubaiyat
And make babies in bunny slippers
With the JBs rockin' the Honey Drippers

>> No.1537898

Go to Canada, get a growers permit, grow weed and sell to dispensaries.

>> No.1537899

>>1537832
Being intelligent is a form of stupidity. The average person is stupid, therefor you must be able to deal with them.

People do not like
-those who seem smarter than them
-those who look down upon them
-those who cannot relate to them

If you want to succeed, then start acting stupid, get to know stupid people, talk about stupid things with them. You need connections because connections are how you get places, not skills.

Life (in societies) is just a popularity contest.

>> No.1537911

>>1537885
do it faggot

>> No.1537914

>>1537899

Wow...your approach to networking seems to be akin to amassing a zombie horde. I'd advocate a more localized approach myself. Though, admittedly, that is entirely dependent on the market segment that you're trying to enter.

>> No.1537916

>>1537899
>the average person is below average
Average person detected!

>> No.1537919

neckbeards trying to understand socializing/networking/how not to be neckbeards....and missing it

>> No.1537921

>>1537899
Why hang out with stupid people?
Hang out and network with smart people.
They are more interesting, have more money, and be kinder.

>> No.1537926

>>1537921
>be kinder
TEEHEE!
Are kinder, obviously.

>> No.1537930

we all think were greater then those around us.
only people who realize that hardly anyone is...become suicidal.
depressing?

>> No.1537938

Guess what. >>1537832, >>1537839, and slightly less than half of the posts in here are from the same fucking moron who has a superiority complex and is actually pretty intelligent, but a complete failure in the sense that they think good things come to them.

>> No.1537940

>>1537938
fail point was fail

>> No.1537965

>>1537832

That's because you're a pretentious little dickwad.

If you really think this way, you're probably not more intelligent than your peers.

>> No.1537967

might just be a sperg, or an autist

>interest gotillo

>> No.1538000
File: 73 KB, 750x600, 1239551025133.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

stop being a narcissist
you used the letter, or pronoun rather, "i"
over 9000
confirmation.

stop judging yourself and jerking off so much.

>> No.1538008
File: 125 KB, 600x603, 1233369769740.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck trying to get some big social group or win a special girls heart.

I have a handful of small groups I alternate between, which means I don't have to do everything with or tell everything to the same people, I split up different parts of my life and personality up between different small groups. Too damn complicated to try and find some select few that like ALL the things you do, or appreciate EVERY part of who you are.

And women? First, the whole friends first thing is a pain and a waste. For one, never date someone out of any of your circles of friends, it fucks everything up before, after, and during.
--Don't let someone you're interested in fucking get too deeply embedded in any of your social groups. It messes things up when you have to weigh what she wants versus what everyone else wants to do, trying to give her enough attention to keep her happy and so on. Then aside from it looking like you are choosing her over them or them over her everytime you do something, what happens when you get tired of her and dump her? Will they still want her around despite her now being an ex? Will she still try and hang out with them whether you're there or not, her talking shit about you while you're not there and turning them against you or sharing things you'd rather them not know? And of course, what if she gets bored, dumps you and starts fucking one of them, or a friend fucks her and now she's not only cheated on you, its fucked up a friendship and maybe killed the whole group.

When you want a girl around, do like I do.
Find someone that suits your tastes, sit and talk with them or whatever, get them interested, and then do whatever makes you happy- a romantic companion, just a casual friend you get to fuck at the end of the day, or just like me, just do the seduction thing and have something to fuck whenever you feel like. Then go and do what you want with you

>> No.1538026

OP is obviously an idiot because he does not realize intelligence is the manipulation of other people. Even the concept of intelligence is (consciously or not) your superintendence of other people's perception of your personal worth

>> No.1538040

>>1537832
the thing is you're not as smart as you think. youre a pretentious head up your ass full of shit kinda guy. so no its not that shocking that you fail while others succeed.

>> No.1538050

>>1537839
HAHAHAHAHA so true

>> No.1538078

>>1537882
Holy crap... Apply this to driving!

>> No.1538086

>>1538008
tl;dr

>> No.1538737

>>1538008
interesting points