[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 118 KB, 750x1000, 1676593063068218.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15357962 No.15357962 [Reply] [Original]

It is very frustrating and significantly degrades my quality of life. It's only mental, intrusive thoughts and excessive doubts about absolutely everything that never leave me alone.

>> No.15357990

>>15357962
Go to liftmode, order nac. Take 1500mg first thing upon waking, while fasted, don't eat for 60 min after. Take another 1500mg 2 hours after lunch, don't eat for an hour.
I promise. Also basically cures schizophrenia while you're taking it. May experience some Vulcan level emotional blunting but it's worth it for the bad head man to be quiet.
Trust me.

>> No.15358009

>>15357962
Zoloft works, but takes weeks too register, I'd recommend taking low doses of amphetamines (starting at 10mg) to get an instant effect.

>> No.15358838 [DELETED] 

Bump

>> No.15358943

>>15357990
Recommended brands of NAC?

>> No.15358949

>>15357962
you sure do seem to like talking about yourself on social media

>> No.15359210

>>15357962
i had the best results with erp + ssri treatment
erp without ssri is kinda hard for me, fear just doesn't go away quickly, also this shit is always trying to slip back, starting with small rituals then regaining full control over your life

but ssri are shit, antipsychotics are shit, i hate these meds and their side effects, so i chose to suffer without retard pills

>> No.15359238

>>15358949
you sure do seem to like posting needless smug passive aggressive remarks that add nothing to the discussion

>> No.15359381

>>15357962
Depends on the cause. I can't help you with a personal experience but I could help you consider alternatives if and only if the OCD is contingent upon yet other underlying causes. Other psychiatric disorders can result in presentations or misidentification of OCD as the root issue, when its root cause could be neurodevelopmental, for example. Only a professional could help you figure that out, and a rather competent one at that.

e.g. autism -> anxiety -> compulsions, or ADHD -> anxiety -> compulsions, or other drugs, or brain damage (rare of course), or a Somatopsychic presentation. Somatopsychic is the most interesting and most rare studied, like anxiety disorders developing or worsening possibly in conjunction with things like allergies or similar. Granted it's also a little silly as of course life being shit could therefore be suggested a "somatopsychic" etiology so don't overinterpret or add more meaning to my words than they can carry.

Anyway, just really generalized brief food for thought. Sometimes it helps to broaden ones horizons to further negotiate and explore solutions, and sometimes medical professionals are really bad at helping patients navigate or even know about the landscape of ideas.

>> No.15359586

>>15357962
You can easily cure OCD with depression. When you're depressed you won't give a shit about things being orderly or maintaining routines

>> No.15359615

>>15357962
Normally I don't fuck with these threads but you're getting bad advice. Most people are thinking of someone cleaning a room too many times, not someone who lightly touched a bottle of windex so now its poisoning all their food and their entire family (actual OCD).

So here's the only thing that's going to help; OCD is the doubting disease. Its all about "but what if, but this time, but its possible that... " and then you're fucking cooked. So the only way to get better is to tell it to shut the fuck up, sometimes out loud. Its not right. Its not giving you correct information. Sometimes terrible shit will happen in life, but it has nothing to do with your obsessions. You're obsessions never ever play out the way OCD tells you they will. Its never been right, its never been helpful. You have to sort of create a new you from square one and tell OCD-you its a bad model. It doesn't work. Its fucking really hard and you have to work at it but eventually it starts to chip off, and that's what it feels like. OCD itself is a terrible thing, not you being correctly apprehensive of highly unlikely terrible things.

You have a disability and like anyone else with a disability, you're going to have work with the world in a different way.

good luck

>> No.15359630

>>15357990
Why the fuck should they trust you you anon narc addict

>> No.15359853

>>15357962
>How to deal with OCD?
LSD once a month for a few months will cure it. It rewires neural pathways and creates new ones, so you aren't overusing the same pathways that cause the OCD-Loop.

>> No.15360058

ocd is what makes me successful.
I'm the guy who shoots 95% free throws and spends hours on subtle market inefficiencies.
I don't want to 'cure' it.
Guess my advice would be to do something that you are passionate about and that is challenging enough, and work at it like a beast.

>> No.15360087

>>15360058
I don’t think you understand what OCD is or how impaired people can be on the severe end of the disorder

>> No.15360262

>>15357962
Could you name a concrete example of what you are experiencing?

But a few common "remedies" would be nature, military service, discipline, embracing certain parts, again going outside, seeing family, not being a bitch...

>> No.15360365

>>15359615
>OCD is the doubting disease. Its all about "but what if, but this time, but its possible that... " and then you're fucking cooked.
I completely identify with this. It's exhausting and frustrating, I get away from my loved ones and spend a lot of time having bad times. At the end of the day I end up very tired but the intrusive thoughts continue and I suffer from insomnia.
OCD is a constant torture that progressively increases.

>> No.15360373

>>15360262
>military service
Only allowed if you are willing to cut off your junk and dress like a fag now. That won't help the OP.

>> No.15360629

>>15360365
Yeah man, the most evil thing OCD does is says "but no, this time I'm fuckin' right, this time the thought is worth obsessing over," and the only way out is to tell it no. OCD sufferers are always ten steps into a bad future. The key is recognizing that you're wrong.