[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 3.97 MB, 576x1024, 1681522000162300.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15353425 No.15353425 [Reply] [Original]

I remember my dad showing me this trick when I was little and I was so mesmerized I showed it to all of my classmates.

>> No.15353527

>>15353425
Imagine until these Tokkers find out how cameras work.

>> No.15353557

>>15353425
I know this is common bait at this point but I genuinely can't comprehend the thought process behind these clips. Firstly, why do they all hold an object? Why does holding something like an egg or a ball confound them any more than their hand alone? What is going through their minds when they feel holding an item somehow produces an effect more surprising than just their hand? Secondly, what alternative are they expecting? Do they just expect a blank void stretching infinitely into the background or something? The fact that they're surprised necessitates there must be a preconceived notion but I can't imagine what this must be. What exactly are these people expecting to see? They probably can't even answer it themselves because their expectation seems to be subconscious, but someone smarter must have a suggestion at least.

I guess this is why this shit keeps being reposted. It's just mind boggling to even begin considering the thought process behind being confused by this.

>> No.15353640
File: 9 KB, 351x314, CEE763EE-4CC7-445C-B5B0-7849F7C06097.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15353557
To flesh it out a bit for you: their point of view is that those reflected objects are in some sense “in the mirror” and the mirror “world” updates in response to changes in the real world. But then when an object is apparently blocked off from the mirror… the mirror world still updates with its correct position!!

It isn’t clever reasoning or correct reasoning, and it is easy to defeat, but it comes directly from some of the most basic cognitive skills that children develop in the first few years of their life, which frankly makes me wonder if there’s something wrong with *you* desu