[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 40 KB, 450x450, 1659750444078758.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15245079 No.15245079 [Reply] [Original]

What exactly is deja vu?

>> No.15245081
File: 97 KB, 450x450, 1677831160523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What exactly is deja vu?

>> No.15245162

>>15245079
>>15245081
It's when you've gone insane but just a little bit

>> No.15245170

>>15245079
>>15245081
kek

>> No.15245535

Without people keeping a log of their thoughts, deja vu is probably a phenomenon that occurs in the brain only while the actually event is happening that fires of neurons that induce a sensation of surreal familiarity to having previous experienced the same events in a dream. It's clearly a true sensation people experience, but I'm unaware of any evidence where someone took notes of their foresight and later procured proof of it occuring.

>> No.15245644

>>15245162
Is it collision with another timeline? (bubble universe)

>> No.15245678

>>15245079
It's that sensation you get when a short-term memory feels like a long-term memory.

>> No.15246258

>What exactly is deja vu?
What kind of explanation are you looking for?
Something materialistic or something supernatural?
I don't have a materialistic explanation for you, sorry, and I think other anons of /sci/ would be better at providing that. I do have a supernatural explanation.

Here's my supernatural experience with deja vu or deja reve.
I use to get deja vu often. It started out about once a week, but soon became more frequent till it was every day, and then multiple times a day. As it became more frequent, the deja vu felt less like a memory that already happened, and began to feel more like a dream that I was remembering. I later learned this is called deja reve. As this was happening almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day, I noticed that sometimes I wasn't just remembering stuff that that had already happened, but that I could "remember" stuff that was going to happen. Once the memory of this dream deja reve was triggered I had a few seconds of precognition. I never knew when deja reve would trigger, but when it did I could predict the future quite accurately for a few seconds. This went on for weeks and I observed it until the question of determinism poped into my mind. Is the future really predetermined so that we can't change it? And so I sought to attempt to change the future, simply to see if it was possible. I planned that next time deja reve happened and I had a few seconds of precog I'd try to change the outcome in any way. It took me a few tries. It wasn't easy because I only had a few seconds to act and I never knew when it would happen and sometimes there was literally nothing for me to do but sit back and watch. Eventually I did manage to change things. I was able to repeat this experiment and change things only 1 or 2 more times but no more. This is when deja reve stopped happening, and it has never happened to me since.

>> No.15247015

>>15245079
Rebooting and updates.

>> No.15247038

>>15245079
>>15245081
I heard that it is caused by iron deficiency
It is synapses firing twice to recall a memory of something which just happened
A biological glitch

>> No.15247236

it's a top 10 eurobeat song

>> No.15247547

>>15247038
Totally false.
I can precisely remember that I had this exact thought of this experience exactly that many days ago.

>> No.15247576
File: 1.89 MB, 4032x3024, 2F2D5CDC-4238-4C52-9481-D682C487E330.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15245535
Funny you should mention that..
My life has become something along the lines of a final destination science experiment because of some insane drugs I took like 6 years ago.
I don’t talk about this with anyone. Ever.
When it happened I recorded a ton of videos for my family on an unused cellphone.
Didn’t eat, didn’t sleep, didn’t speak to anyone for days, just got in the cars and drove for a long long time.
Okay time to get to the juicy stuff:
>be me
>take some weird drugs because I’m early 20’s and psychedelics are cool yo
>this doesn’t feel like acid what the fuck
>fall asleep
>wake up next day totally normal
>go about my day
>three days pass
>some random event triggers a massive deja vu/flashback
>see an insane dream I had that I didn’t remember combined with the events that had just happened
>the dream was like a sequence of flashbacks, like someone was playing 10 second long video clips
>5 clips in total
>first one just happened
>immediately grab a sharpie and draw them on the nearest thing I could find (a piece of plywood I had on my bench)
>I felt like the clips were something like a story so I labeled all of the literary elements?? Idk I was pretty shaken up at the time
>you’ll notice the 5 events and some of them are crossed off. That’s because theyve already happened, exactly as I saw in the dream, and exactly as I wrote.
Picrel (also cont.)

>> No.15247591
File: 515 KB, 1539x2048, 93E15CE9-9339-4713-AC0C-5DCAA4424F56.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15247576
(cont)
>you’ll notice on my board there that the last clip I saw in my dream is my own death
>this is where it gets literally unbelievable
>I watched my own death in the dream
>I fall/jump/get pushed off of a building, idk how I fall exactly but there is broken glass in the air with me as I’m falling
>land on ground
>feel split second of pain
>smell blood and wet sidewalk
>everything goes dark
>when I had this dream and the flashbacks and wrote the board I had no clue where that building was as I had never seen it, but I remembered the water and planter arrangement in the front and that the building was mostly glass.
>weird
>be a few weeks later
>drive to new city because I’m losing my fucking mind
>see the building in the distance
>body freezes and my blood runs completely cold
>can’t even move to steer
>can’t breathe
>it’s literally THE fucking building down to the last detail
>stop and take pictures
>take a final destination suicide future selfie
>this picture I am sharing with you bros as some form of proof
Ik what you’re about to say
>but anon if you kill yourself isn’t that a self fulfilling prophecy
I AM OF SOUND MIND AND LOVE MY LIFE. Other than these events my life is fairly decent and I’m not suicidal in any way shape or form.
I am posting a picture of my face. I don’t even care if you dox me as this is arguably the most important thing I’ve ever done.
Proof that humans can accidentally receive information from the future, or proof that the future already exists, as in its deterministic, like free will doesnt exist..
more details in next post

>> No.15247596

>>15247591
Just never ever even go near that building or that town for that matter.
It's okay if all of it doesn't come true. You don't even know if that was the dream of a death or just an accident. Sometimes there are deja vu that seem like one thing but it's another and you can't tell until it has happened.

>> No.15247597
File: 170 KB, 750x1334, AE519ED8-550F-4089-91D6-FFA01C48B553.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15247591
Last of 3 posts.
>this is the exact spot where I die bros
>address is 1615 East 13th Ave. Eugene, OR, it’s the Jaqua center or whatever it’s called on the University of Oregon Campus
>I’m not sure how long I have exactly because in the visions I wasn’t like an old man I looked almost the same
>still have another one of the “clips” to happen first
>not sure this will reach many people here but if it does and you see this in the news you know what it means
>hold me bros I’m scared
>no I will not take your meds like I said other than this insanity happening my life is fine

>> No.15247598

>>15247596
> Just never ever even go near that building or that town for that matter
Ahh yes I’m glad you brought this up bro
I actually tried to change vision #2 and vision #3 prior to and while they were happening. Me trying to change them is exactly what causes them to occur the way I saw, which means somehow time is always broken like this, and also that I cannot simply “avoid the building bro”
There is no changing it that’s why it’s horrifying.

>> No.15247607

>>15247598
>I actually tried to change vision #2 and vision #3 prior to and while they were happening
That's the problem. Why even 'try' changing it?
Obsessing too much over it will simply backfire. But you can change some deja vu. I have done it myself. Can't say I'm happy with the results. But it's totally possible. And after it was all done I realized I simply chose one option over another. The one I avoided didn't happen. But I also saw the one that came to pass. Amazing stuff.

>> No.15247608

>>15247598
Also I’m currently living on the complete opposite side of the country
I still feel it though, there’s a physical sensation when I think about it long enough, it starts directly behind my eyes and it seems to pull my attention “inward” idk how else to describe it, like time isn’t what we think it is, or it is it’s just bigger. Like on a larger scale time is all happening simultaneously and bits can get “mixed up” or if you take certain mind altering substances you can change the way you perceive time or accidentally perceive bits that haven’t happened yet. Like skipping pages in a book.
I wish I knew what the drugs were that I took but I left town shortly after I realized what was happening and I never figured out who the drugs came from (got it from a friend of a friend)

>> No.15247611

>>15247607
I wish I felt that level of confidence but this wasn’t like your average deja vu, so I’m probably spazing out in the wrong thread anyways, just figured someone smarter might find some connection. Like one tard said though I think Deja vu is mostly a misfire causing you to feel familiarity at unexplained times giving the sensation of having seen it before.
What I saw was not like any Deja vu I’ve ever had.
Ik guys this belongs on /x/ -_-

>> No.15247901 [DELETED] 

>>15245079
skizophrenia

>>15247038
wrong. i often tell this stuff to other people and they form memories too. it comes like im having an idea.