[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 6 KB, 300x168, pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15041065 No.15041065 [Reply] [Original]

Do you ever stop and think about how fucking pointless it is to be alive? Like, seriously, what's the point of all this? We're just a bunch of little specks of dust floating around in an infinitely vast universe, and when we die, we just disappear into nothingness. And for what? To pay bills, go to work, and then die? It's a total joke.

But you know what's even worse? The fact that most people are too fucking stupid to even realize how pointless it all is. They go through life with their heads buried in the sand, pretending that they're happy and that their lives matter. It's pathetic.

And don't even get me started on religion. People cling to their ancient superstitions like a life raft, when in reality, they're just deluding themselves. There is no God. There is no afterlife. It's all a fairy tale.

But you know what's the most absurd thing of all? The fact that people still believe in democracy. Like, seriously, what a joke. It's just a system that allows the rich and powerful to maintain their grip on society, while the rest of us are left to rot

>> No.15041069

Yeah, you overthink. Nature hates this. I bet you don't have any children. Foresight, reflection, and empathy is basically the opposite of what nature wants.

For your own good, forget about life being pointless. It gets you nowhere, meanwhile football fans are happier than ever. Pretend consciousness is a disease and do your best to mitigate symptoms. The quest for knowledge ends in a whole lotta no fun.

>> No.15041075

>>15041065

>The fact that most people are too fucking stupid to even realize how pointless it all is

You don't really think only special and intelligent people (like you) think about this, do you anon?

And your other points too, you're like a teenager who thinks they just discovered something deep. Are you sure you should be here?

>> No.15041077

>>15041065
Yea, maybe you should just end it. Good luck with your finals

>> No.15041081

>>15041065
The purpose of life is simple and complex simultaneously. There is a overall purpose to serve in the humongous grand scheme and extremely easy to do. But you're looking for meaning. The meaning of life is to experience the outcome of volition. As far as democracy, the smarter you get, the more anachronistic you become because true freedom is the only synchronous of living at all.

>> No.15041088

>>15041065
> im so smart that Ive discovered that my life that consists of masturbating and frog posting doesnt have meaning

if it took you your 16 years of life to realize it you are retarded

>> No.15041095

>>15041088
I know it's cringe but have you ever really stopped to think about how much of what we know about the universe is just complete bullshit? I mean, let's face it, we're just a bunch of monkeys living on a rock that's hurtling through space, and yet we think we have all the answers. It's just ridiculous.

But here's the thing that really gets me: why do we even bother trying to understand the universe? What's the point? It's not like it's going to do us any good. We're all just going to die anyway, so why bother?

>> No.15041107
File: 2.54 MB, 498x278, 1651675005897.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15041095
>let's face it, we're just a bunch of monkeys living on a rock that's hurtling through space
And you don't think that's amazing? That in the span of billions of years this strange, extremely complex universe has existed and in it's billions of galaxies, stars and planets, you were formed and given the gift of being alive, the gift of experiencing, the chance to see, taste, smell, feel all these wonderful things.
Stop being such a downer and open your eyes to the wonders of life.

>> No.15041108
File: 158 KB, 1230x1236, bankman ftx wojak 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15041065
That's what The Jews want you to think. Earth is unironically flat and space is fake.

>> No.15041123

>>15041095
>think about how much of what we know about the universe is just complete bullshit?
in what sense? what do you mean bullshit? we're just trying to explain the world around us using math and different diagrams.
>we're just a bunch of monkeys living on a rock that's hurtling through space
not a unique thought
>yet we think we have all the answers.
I don't think I've ever heard a scientist claim he has all the answers in any field, let alone the entire scientific community
>why do we even bother trying to understand the universe?
it's a rare drive. that's why most people aren't scientists. but all of us are curious, some more than others.

do you enjoy video games on posting on 4chan? you wouldn't be able to do it if not for the people with the drive to understand how the world works.

>> No.15041176

>>15041065
go do your homework instead of posting here

>> No.15041251

>>15041069
There's some good advice in here

>> No.15041275

>>15041065
Based and anti-cope pilled.

>> No.15041417

>>15041065
Nope, feel free to kill yourself

>> No.15041425

>all these people scared of even thinking about their own mortality itt
OP might come across as angst-riddled but he's actually better off than most.

>> No.15041433

>>15041065
>Do you ever stop and think about how fucking pointless it is to be alive?
Why does it have to be pointless? Existence itself is a point.

>We're just a bunch of little specks of dust floating around in an infinitely vast universe, and when we die, we just disappear into nothingness. And for what? To pay bills, go to work, and then die? It's a total joke.
You are confusing the biological nature of life with the cultural nature of modern society. Boiling your life down to paying bills, going to work, going through all the motions of modern society is your choice and there are far more experiences out there related to the human biological imperative that you are entirely discarding.

>But you know what's even worse? The fact that most people are too fucking stupid to even realize how pointless it all is. They go through life with their heads buried in the sand, pretending that they're happy and that their lives matter. It's pathetic.
You have it entirely the wrong way around. Most people don't realise how MEANINGFUL life is and don't realise the cognitive, emotional and primal depth of human biological existence and our mental landscapes.

>And don't even get me started on religion. People cling to their ancient superstitions like a life raft, when in reality, they're just deluding themselves. There is no God. There is no afterlife. It's all a fairy tale.
You can't know, you don't know. The absolute claim that there is no god is as mindless as the absolute claim there should be one. Within the physical limitations of this universe and given its size, it is far more likely for a being to exist to have the powers we would associate with a god than it is for it not to exist. But it wouldn't be a god, it would be to us like we are to ants in terms of things we can do, cognitively, physically, technologically.

>> No.15041435

>>15041065
>>15041433

>But you know what's the most absurd thing of all? The fact that people still believe in democracy. Like, seriously, what a joke. It's just a system that allows the rich and powerful to maintain their grip on society, while the rest of us are left to rot
Most people in the West already understand that democracy is a failed concept, it's not a matter of ignorance, it's a matter of entrapment in the financial and social system that is engrained in everyone.

You are incredibly ignorant and shortsighted OP. You have a lot of reading to do.

Also why am I even wasting my time, this thread is not science.

>> No.15041445

>>15041065
I've had it up to fucking here hearing the same old nihilistic shit being regurgitated as if it were a completely original concept, it's honestly the hallmark of an individual who is the internet version of an NPC but infinitely more insufferable.

Maybe there's no grand purpose in this cosmic ballet, but who the fuck cares? Go out there on the dance floor and dance anyway. In this brief moment between birth and death, why waste it ruminating over being cursed with sentience in an uncaring universe when you can actually just live life? Holy shit, people like you unironically prove those IQ distribution curve memes where normie intellect says the retarded shit while everyone else forges their own purpose in a purposeless universe. Manufacture your cope however you like, shut the fuck up, and go out there and dance.

>> No.15041452

>>15041065
Yes. Everyday. I think about suicide everyday. I don't have the normal motivations people have. I don't care about money, status, power, or sex. It's all tedious and boring.

>> No.15041456

>>15041452
Have you tried antidepressants?

>> No.15041461

You're right

THOUGHEVER unironically just try to enjoy whatever you can in life and stop overthinking

>> No.15041464

>>15041065
If I had no family, I'd kill myself. Not because I was sad they died (which I of course would be, I'm not a scrambled consciousness), but because I wouldn't have to worry about anyone being depressed about my sudden passing.

>> No.15041466

>>15041065
>The fact that people still believe in democracy
>System to allow the rich to maintain their grip
I would love to hear your alternative to democracy

>> No.15041475
File: 19 KB, 366x380, 1669210675412818.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15041452
>I don't care about money, status, power, or sex. It's all tedious and boring.

Let me guess, you spend all day studying fundemental base reality instead? Aspergers, many, well...no, few such cases. Joy?

>> No.15041484

Ye think too much lad, more fucking and drinking and when you get bored of that go build something out of wood or metal whatever fancy ya, bored of that as well ? ye lad go explore empty buildings/woods/mountains/sea shores.
Not enough for ye wanker? might you fancy sports like hoping ball in basket or kicking ball in net, maybe runing for ye life with tunes playing in ears ?

whatever ye do, avoid machine because ye lad don't know how to use it and is addicted, normal folks don't save frogs on their computers, this ya problem this box is source of ya problems but ye blind to see, after all box takes all your eyes.

>> No.15041496

>>15041466
Not OP but; remove FPTP and implement preffered choice ranking, remove jerry mandering by litterally gridding up areas for the purpose of voting, and there must be x representives for every y citizens, every citizen must vote, and voting date is a national holiday, there is an option for no preffered party, and polticians cannot be compensated by another means than their political wage which is a multiple of the median wage.

Democracy is about making everyone's choice matter and making sure the leaders are acting in the best interest of the people.

>> No.15041497

>>15041065
No, because I'm not a globetard atheist

>> No.15041499

>>15041065
>babby's first existential crisis

>> No.15041527 [DELETED] 

>>15041065
i know what the goal of life is, but nobody listens, which means I'm right

There's possibly multiple goals, but for now we should shoot for the obvious one. It's a long term one. And that is
>find out how and/or why are we here
That's the current goal. When we get there then we'll work out what to do next.

Some people say it's not possible to find out how and/or why we're here. But i think that's a silly opinion when we've only really started to probe the depths of the universe within the last 200 years. Technology 1000 years from now will be super advanced. As an individual every bit of work you do to progress the human race towards the goal of finding out how/why we're here is work worth doing. Even if you're just flipping cheeseburgers. I think we're pretty close to having it everyone here now in this thread will live to find out how/why we're here too. Life extension medicine isn't very far away. We need people to live much longer anyway, it will speed up progress, and we won't keep losing our smart people, and everyone will have plenty of time to learn and help out if they want

>> No.15041529

>>15041065
i know what the goal of life is, but nobody listens, which means I'm right

There's possibly multiple goals, but for now we should shoot for the obvious one. It's a long term one. And that is
>find out how and/or why we are here
That's the current goal. When we get there then we'll work out what to do next.

Some people say it's not possible to find out how and/or why we're here. But i think that's a silly opinion when we've only really started to probe the depths of the universe within the last 200 years. Technology 1000 years from now will be super advanced. As an individual every bit of work you do to progress the human race towards the goal of finding out how/why we're here is work worth doing. Even if you're just flipping cheeseburgers. I think we're pretty close to having it everyone here now in this thread will live to find out how/why we're here too. Life extension medicine isn't very far away. We need people to live much longer anyway, it will speed up progress, and we won't keep losing our smart people, and everyone will have plenty of time to learn and help out if they want

>> No.15041543

>>15041466
>alternative to democracy
Aristotelean meritocracy

>> No.15041585

>>15041484
aye

>> No.15041598

>>15041529
so I'll translate this from retardanese to normal speak: you cope by thinking we will eventually figure out the nature of reality

well done, you're not any different from anyone else coping by believing in some distant brighter future, good job.

>> No.15041606

>>15041466
Anarchism, let's all go back to monke and kill each other like the animals we are, we still do it now anyways, just with more steps, so let's cut the bs and take each other out for good

>> No.15041619

>>15041065
They are not stupid, you are however silly to not realize that pointlessness creates meaning.

>> No.15041624

>>15041619
>not realize that pointlessness creates meaning.
A nothing statement.

>> No.15041637

>>15041456
Yes I am on them right now.

>> No.15041640

>>15041095
Indeed we know less than we think we do. We aren't monkeys on a spinning rock traveling through space though.

>> No.15041680

>>15041065
Shouldn't this thread belong on /lit/ or /r9k/?
>most people are too fucking stupid to even realize how pointless it all is
How would you know that? Are you a mind-reader? Maybe even Instagram thots occasionally entertain these basic-bitch pseudo-philosophical thoughts. You may not be as special as you think. It's just that most people quickly realize that there is no point in wallowing in self-pity and just try to pass the time in whichever way they prefer while clinging to whichever beliefs they like (religion, politics, whatever).
>pretending that they're happy and that their lives matter
They are probably happier than you and their lives matter more than yours in most societal settings. It's true that we will all die in the end, but when you watch a movie you usually don't skip right to the ending.
>people still believe in democracy
If it is any consolation, most Republicans no longer believe in democracy.

>> No.15041686
File: 40 KB, 397x370, if only you knew.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15041107
>the gift of being alive

>> No.15041690

>>15041065
>babby's first existential crisis

>> No.15041694

>>15041065
>Anno Domini 2022
>not believing in THE Scientist on the cross

>> No.15041756

>>15041065
Is this from Neil Tyson's newest book?

>> No.15041774

>>15041065
But it does matter, most idiots think it doesn't and so go on and just waste their lives doing meaningless bullshit that really actually does not matter. Yes, shit matters. Like what? Well, you and me both like having stable lives, such as a house to live in and enough food and other survival needs, and emotional fulfilments of achieving personal goals, and of course most important of all, out of anything, is growing our knowledge as to change the default situation of reality, and remove somehow the bad shit that happens in it. There, what other meaning do you want? Remove the bad shit, create the good shit. Take the rough situaiton of reality and, however you can find, change it to be a better situation. And I assure you, it will matter very much so to you and other people, whatever good you do, no matter how seemingly insignificant

>> No.15041782

The meaning of life is, as I intend to prove, actually to achieve immortality. Consider this. We require more time then we have as to discover deeper meanings of life. Death is what prevents this. Therefore, death is the obstacle which prevents us from understanding the meaning of life. Ergo, the de facto meaning of life is to achieve immortality, as to have enough time to investigate what the deeper meanings of life are.

>> No.15041784

>>15041065
ah yes and /sci/ is the perfect place for your therapy session tranny

>> No.15041808

I did but then Armored Core VI got announced

>> No.15041878

>>15041095
>have you ever really stopped to think about how much of what we know about the universe is just complete bullshit? I mean, let's face it, we're just a bunch of monkeys living on a rock that's hurtling through space
contradiction

>> No.15041999

>>15041598
well people say life is pointless, I'm saying no at least there's this one important point. Pretty much everyone I've mentioned it to says its not possible, they don't say that we'll eventually figure it out

>> No.15042011

Any purpose to think of in life is an evolutionary purpose, since the brain ultimately is an evolutionary advantegous mechanism for the survival of the species and so on and so fourth

>> No.15042135

>>15041529
>find out how and/or why we are here
here is the answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5xRl0yfqEo

>> No.15042245

>>15041107
unfathomably based take

>> No.15042247

>>15041108
kys nigger christcuck

>> No.15042385
File: 190 KB, 728x553, b73e859ae195999cf0bb6f6edca2659a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15042390
File: 143 KB, 276x309, mercurious-pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15041065
no, not really

>> No.15042393
File: 481 KB, 948x714, live-with-lightning.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15042390
finding the point may well be the objective

>> No.15042472

>>15041466
Petition-based republican technocracy/meritocracy.
Individual positions (of leadership) within domains can be election/mandate based. But there's no overarching national elections, China-style.
Bonus: since it requires more thought, it's an automatic filter on people that shouldn't vote.

>> No.15042485

>>15041065
You have low intelligence, so you might not appreciate the fact enough that the animal organism (hint: that's you) is literally a once-a-universe (as far as we can tell) occurrence. Now modulate this to a more modest "once a galaxy cluster" if you are too autistic -- I don't care.
The fact is, most of your vapid thoughts on the "triviality" of life are factually wrong. You midwits always use stars and planets as packaging material to bolster your point -- dead, simple objects.

>> No.15042489

>>15041065
Welcome to adolescence. It gets better. Read Sartre and Camus to sate your teenage angst. I recommend Existentialism Is a Humanism and The Myth of Sisyphus. Simple mostly straightforward reads by philosophical essay standards.
TL;DR: life has no meaning (and that's a good thing)

>> No.15042973

>>15041065
>Like, seriously, what's the point of all this? We're just a bunch of little specks of dust floating around in an infinitely vast universe,

I don't think about it like that. It's more that we are literally just walking bags of shit, and piss, and cum.

>> No.15042978

>>15041065
Anon, the only way to deal with existential nihilism, if you want to deal with it, is to find adequate distractions. Maybe this sounds a little too downmarket for some people, but once I turned 22, created some accounts on dating sites, and started fucking pussy on the regular, I barely thought about questions of meaning anymore. I also enjoy water parks, cruises, and math books.

>> No.15042984
File: 25 KB, 646x731, 32523.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15041065
>t.
0% intellectual substance. 100% rationalized mental illness.

>> No.15043574

>>15041065
Congrats. You stumbled on the truth.

Hope you can handle feeling this way. It never gets better, until the day you die.

>> No.15044020

>>15042978
What a chad

>> No.15044206
File: 6 KB, 259x194, 330203F4-99E9-4331-8AFB-9BCA4B93764D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Personally, I often wonder why anything, although my life is quite comfy, and this question kinda adds to it. Why, anons? Why?

inb4 repeat of the npcesque responses
>hngh teenage angst, you’re not deep, fucking nihilist, get your dick wet, why don’t you just kill yourself if there’s no point, you should be productive, be happy and forget

But why, you fucking niggers?

>> No.15044218

>>15041065
Sounds like a temper tantrum. Remove the cursing and you’ve got something going.

>> No.15044319
File: 2.16 MB, 437x246, dioitch.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HAH! What a foolish sentiment. Ponder, existence? I? Nonsense, life is a buffet, free for the most greedy to take and take as they please. And I, one not shaped for sportive tricks, or made to please a looking glass, will take and take until the balance of power, NO, the entire concept of power, is consolidated solely in my rapacious hands! And then, I'll take even more. I, who have bested all others in a battle of wits, who lacks all virtue, will do so shamelessly. In this brutal, zero sum game, I will succeed with my disgusting, low character, and with power in hand, I'll get up close to the faces of all the ugly virtue peddling sycophantic hypocrites, and force them to look on as I live a virtueless existence, with none able to stop me!
>>15041107
Gift? What a joke. Life has no gifts, but that doesn't mean I won't squeeze that snarky bitch by the throat and wring the gifts I want out from her, for everything it has. HAHAHAHAhAhA

>> No.15044339

>>15041496
That's an implementation of democracy, not an alternative to it.
>countless democracies have proportional representation instead of FPTP
>some also have ranked preferrence voting
>a few countries I think have mandatory voting (Australia's one)
>no preferred party is casting just a blank ballot/vote
>some countries have laws against moonlighting for politicians, but be careful incentivizing corruption and pushing it into the dark instead of just criminalizing it with laws

>> No.15044350

>>15041069
Quest for knowledge is for my ego tho
Know more words & concepts to better express myself. Also learn other languages to speak with non English speakers, Learn about world history and cultures to appreciate them.
Learn basic sciences such as Phys, chem, bio (mainly horticulture, mycology) to make home repairs, tinker, understand machines/tech, self sustainability.
I do these things because they're necessary to realise my ambitions and life goals on top of natural existence.
Hopefully I'll be remembered positively by the People I call friends.
Then again I'm an uneducated, poorly read midwit who flunked secondary school.

>> No.15044354

>>15041782
Lol lmao nigga your body is just a flesh vessel.
Our bodies are like store bought flowers - they have a limited lifespan but we still appreciate, care for and prolong them.

>> No.15044362

>>15042489
Any other reccommendations for an uneducated mid 20 something?

>> No.15044661

>>15044354
Your body dies, you die. There is no special sauce that you get to keep going with. This is it. No more. No less.

>> No.15044694

>>15041065
>pointless
What is a pojnt?

>> No.15044717

>>15041065
No. I think about how it's almost pointless, it should be pointless, but it's not.

If we were to describe the universe to our current understanding, we should all be P-zombies. What I'm saying is it would make more sense if we were all P-zombies that couldn't experience anything, qualia, pain or pleasure. We should be organized atoms that can process information, eat, sleep, fuck, discover mathematics, and avoid "pain", yet have no more capacity to suffer than a rock. But we aren't, we're here to witness the universe in a universe that, to our understanding, should have no witnesses. And when this shit is all over in heat death or a singularity, the amount of joy and suffering that happened mattered, even if all trace of information is destroyed. That's what's fucking weird. If it were all pointless there would be nothing confusing about it.

>> No.15044957

>>15044717
This. The whole subjective experience side of human existence is so odd to me it almost makes me question the standard depiction of the mind. It's why I'm not afraid of dying, more just confused by it and find it hard to wrap my head around beyond "it's somewhat comparable to a deep sleep". The subjective experience shapes so much of what my life has been and will be.

>> No.15045522

>>15041690
Reminds me of the time when I was a dumb kid watching some kind of Discovery channel documentary then proceed to cry BC I thought a black hole would consume Earth

>> No.15045825

>>15044206
Because you can’t have your cake and eat it too, that’s why. Our reality is rational so we should try to operate rationally. That means educating people on leading their lives in a way that brings further understanding. Because if no one tells them, they will remain stuck in their ways. An object in motion stays in motion

>> No.15046121

>>15041065
No one says shit like this if they’ve been laid in the past 2 days.

>> No.15046295

>>15046121
>didn't have sex for three days
>start having deep thoughts
Happens every time

>> No.15046313

>>15045825
You just don't get it, it should be obvious which why I'm talking about. HINT: It's the big one.
>Our reality is rational so we should try to operate rationally
Why? Why IS? Why is IT? Why is it RATIONAL? Why WE? Why we SHOULD?
>Because if no one tells them, they will remain stuck in their ways
Why? Why THEM? Why THEIR ways?
Don't look at me as if I'm crazy for asking.
WHY?
>inb4 because x, because if x then y, because it should be x and not y, because if not for x then all is equal to 0, because it is all 0 and we need x=/=0 or else
But why?

>> No.15046354

>>15041065
>Do you ever stop and think about how fucking pointless it is to be alive? Like, seriously, what's the point of all this?
It's pointless when you spend your days not building towards something.
I'm jealous of athletes because they spent their days focusing on getting better every day until they reach their peak.
I spend most of my days doing nothing and working in a job that means nothing to me at all. I hate the fact I'm not building something, the fact every day is not one day closer to this goal. I know al this and yet I still do nothing but just survive every other day hating the fact I'll day without leaving anything behind.

>> No.15046366

>>15046354
No one leaves anything behind. You exist to consoom. Whether your definition of consoom is marvel movies or making marvel movies, you’re still consooming brain juice. Once you’ve seen it, it can’t be unseen. And if it could, you wouldn’t be in this thread telling us your troubles

>> No.15046373

>>15046366
this

consooming is all there is, any other answer is cope

>> No.15046378

>>15046354
Why not read and study topics that interest you?

>> No.15046388

exam weeks got these niggas shit-posting their garden variety nihilism

>> No.15046408

I like tiddies

>> No.15046422

>>15041095
You're a cringe atheist teenager but I'll give you a different perspective on this.

Without living creatures like animals and humans to observe the universe does it even really exist? Without conscious observers something is the same as nothing, in a way the we give the universe a meaning instead of the other way around.

>> No.15046489

>>15046366
>No one leaves anything behind
The fact you know a lot of people that lived centuries ago proves you are wrong.

>> No.15046548

>>15041065
>And for what? To pay bills, go to work, and then die?
Thats just the cattle farm (((boomers))) enslaved us in. The real purpose of life is to entertain God.

>> No.15046553

>>15046489
This. Even if your name doesn’t become famous, every single thing you do has an effect on the world and other people, and those effects and their effects and so on continue cascading into the future

>> No.15046903

>>15046548
what if i dont want to entertain god

>> No.15048497

>>15046903
it's not up to you, palooka

>> No.15048558

>>15041065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQXJmpwM4
I want to make true Coherent Extrapolated Volition: if we knew more, thought faster, were more the people we wished we were, had grown up farther together.

>> No.15048641

>>15041065
idk what to tell you man, unironically kill yourself if you dont like it

>> No.15048844

I know the truth man, and let me tell you, IT IS BEAUTIFUL!

God is an infinitely expansive fractal of light and love.
Imagine an infinite space. Now... infinite spaces entwined with each other, then infinite upon infinite sets of infinite spaces. An expansion of further degrees of infinity. There are infinitely many higher degrees of expansion.
Existence is a material idea of itself. (It is the ONLY WAY THIS WORKS) Because existence is also knowledge, there is self-knowing or awareness. (Human beings are made in the image of God). Because there is harmony of self-awareness, there is bliss and love.

ETERNAL BLISS. ETERNAL PEACE.
MOKSHA. THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS WITHIN YOU.

>> No.15049684

>>15041065
Phenomena have valence, they feel good or bad or neutral, which means all your actions have a moral component. All meaning is postulated by this fact.

>> No.15051663

>>15046121
That’s the meaning of life. To release as much dopamine and oxytocin as possible in a safe manner. To live in a daze and forget all your problems.

>> No.15051668

Is this stupid fucking thread still up?

>> No.15051699

>>15046422
Life on this planet is not special. Eventually the sun will destroy it.
There might be another planet with habitable conditions elsewhere where life blossoms and is eventually destroyed. Generalizing, this has probably happened, and will happen, many times.

>> No.15051709

>>15046422
Existance is primary, consciousness is secondary.
Assume all life on Earth goes extinct, does, say, Mars stop existing?

>> No.15051710

>ITT trade that refuse to accept their life is meaningless and just a cog in the machine
>>15041445
Ah yes, just cope. The ultimate answer to why we’re here. Also feel free to peruse your vain hedonistic as if they mean anything!

God faggots like you is why we’re in this mess

>> No.15051712

>>15041065
Surely this is AI generated

>> No.15051720

>>15041069
Knowledge and a successful life are not mutually exclusive.

>> No.15051733

>>15041782
Pointless delaying the inevitable, entropy can't be defeated.

>> No.15052314

>>15051733
This. You WILL die and you WILL like it, chuds.

>> No.15052360

>>15041065
>/sci/ - Science & Math

>> No.15052379

>>15041065
Good bait. Have a (You).