[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-11: Warosu is now out of maintenance. Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 69 KB, 1080x564, retard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006386 No.15006386 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

>>https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/FSIQ/

>> No.15006388

>>15006386
You'll fit in great here.

>> No.15006394

>>15006386
autism and/or male

>> No.15006442
File: 149 KB, 1080x702, Screenshot_2022-11-22-12-36-43-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006442

>>15006386
Fuck... I'm retarded...

>> No.15006460

that women are subhuman niggers and we had to come up with an artificial IQ measure for them to shut the fuck up

>> No.15006464

>>15006460
and you're ESL

>> No.15006472

>>15006460
I did the test you can see above. The verbal IQ is highly dependent on literacy rates. It's not concerned with "emotional IQ." It had a section on detecting real words with scrambled letters vs random letters, and a section on connecting concepts together as synonyms (which had a number of words I did not recognize at all) both are highly biased to rate native English readers higher. ESL people would rate lower for sure.

>> No.15006474

>>15006472
yes me too, i got 98 verbal even with my shitty english

>> No.15006508

>>15006442
The anti-jew

>> No.15006512

>>15006386
you took the test in your second language

>> No.15006528

>>15006474
got 108 this time

>> No.15006738

>Perma online midwit board
>No one posting their results
I wonder why....

>> No.15006756
File: 45 KB, 720x462, Screenshot_20221122-231213-544.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006756

>>15006386
How do i cope with low verbal iq

>> No.15006766

>>15006756
read a dictionary and you could pump it up by 30 points

>> No.15006770
File: 205 KB, 1125x804, 572E8385-8AA4-4A23-8C4E-16594F332EEC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006770

Never been so relieved to be a midwit

>> No.15006776
File: 55 KB, 741x390, image_2022-11-23_002710.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006776

Did the test, now my computer screen is blinking, help me anons. I don't want to be kidnapped.

>> No.15006792

>>15006770
Based averageoid

>> No.15006795

how do smarter people than me exist?
I can't fathom how someone can see patterns that I can't.

>> No.15006796
File: 46 KB, 923x481, capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006796

>>15006386
Yeah, I'm autistic. How could you tell?

>> No.15006797

>>15006795
You know, it is a little strange that there are smarter and dumber people at all.

>> No.15006831
File: 16 KB, 703x265, testscore.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006831

damn, that's rough nigga
that green square task was really fun tho

>> No.15006849
File: 28 KB, 742x325, dumb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006849

is this midwit level?

>> No.15006853

>>15006849
no, that's borderline disabled level

>> No.15006858

>>15006853
cool, how do I get my free gibs now?

>> No.15006947

inspect element
choose your own IQ

>> No.15006965

Which of the three determines your success in math

>> No.15007060

>>15006965
Verbal seems to be the clearest answer because it relates to finding patterns and abstracting connections. But spacial can give you a better geometric intuition. Memory would make you less prone to mistakes and able to hold more in your mind. In effect they probably all contribute to your success in mathematics.

>> No.15007523

It says i've got an IQ about 88 but i am a math major kek

>> No.15007600
File: 13 KB, 765x223, wtf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15007600

my memory in general is holding me back, short-term especially, it's almost as if my brain is constantly spamming the refresh button and i cant remember something i saw two seconds ago just because a change occurred, in interviews i literally read off of a script word for word because otherwise i will freeze up and say i don't know to "tell me about yourself"

>> No.15007613

tried it
i was practically guessing cause i could barely see the difference with the shapes.
got 127 memory iq and 97 the rest. \

>> No.15008316

>>15006386
You're the smartest anon in /sci/.

>> No.15008562

>>15006386
Is this more accurate than mensa.no?

>> No.15008609

It means you will remember for the rest of your life quite precisely where you were when you said something retarded.

>> No.15008619

>>15008562
>more accurate than mensa.no
>verbal IQ
I doubt it.

>> No.15008623
File: 440 KB, 972x1805, Jdud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15008623

>>15006386
Wait, I'm... retarded?

>> No.15008630

>>15008623
You exaggerate a lot, it's definitely average.

>> No.15009951

>>15008619
Professional IQ tests such as the WAIS-IV and SB-V also test verbal IQ. On the WAIS-IV it's even the most g-loaded index.

>> No.15009971

>>15006849
be honest anon, you guessed on some of the anagrams didn't you? you get negative points for wrong answers

>> No.15010075

Full scale: 127

Memory: 138
Verbal: 113
Spatial: 124

Took this test a year ago as well. Think my score is worse this time, though my spatial IQ is definitely higher this time around (must be all the anatomy I've studied). The verbal IQ seems to be higher too, but it's still really low, which bothers me. I guess I need to work on my verbal reasoning more. My memory IQ has gotten worse, I remember getting a near perfect score on the exposure memory task last time, this time I managed 18/26. My memory has certainly gotten worse.

>> No.15010152
File: 203 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_20221124-091728.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15010152

>>15006386
Okay I guess since I haven't slept in two days and am dealing with a flare up with my intestines. Granted I usually get like a 105-110 on these things so I am not that big brained anyway.

>> No.15010197
File: 299 KB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_20221124-160321.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15010197

>> No.15010207
File: 84 KB, 796x631, 1669298932572056.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15010207

>this thread

>> No.15010266

>>15009971
Yea I did. I honestly just couldn't see most of the scrambled words in the time they gave

>> No.15010311

>>15009971
>>15010266
that's part of the test tho. if you're not going to have enough time to sort out all of the anagrams then it's enough to figure that certain letter combinations like DRNAI are more than likely going to make a word

>> No.15010696
File: 94 KB, 1080x600, IQ_pp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15010696

The king has arrived

>> No.15010705
File: 722 KB, 853x1000, 1666813357813963.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15010705

>>15010696

>> No.15011165
File: 111 KB, 736x736, 1669305841923716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15011165

>>15010152
Here's a (you) my friend. I understand the autoimmune / inflammatory shit you are probably dealing with.

I'm 90% convinced my gut issues have lead to malnutrition as a child and thus by extension a low IQ.

Hope you have a great day!

>> No.15011174
File: 179 KB, 1125x592, 1631690031620.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15011174

>>15006386

>> No.15011253

>>15006386
That youre a loser.

>> No.15012468
File: 26 KB, 1021x336, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15012468

>>15006386
I'm a confirmed brainlet

>> No.15012507

>>15006386
>What does this mean?
That you're either illiterate or ESL.

>> No.15013066
File: 123 KB, 1242x829, 0C06C648-C9E9-4590-B6DB-CC782DA6EBED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15013066

>> No.15013091

>>15013066
t. Actually reads literature

>> No.15014385
File: 261 KB, 1170x910, 5CDB3EB7-640A-4D4B-AAB3-A9B7ABFAD764.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014385

Do I fit in here

>> No.15014443
File: 6 KB, 228x221, 2957172758272.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014443

>it's another "let's jerk each other off over our IQ scores" thread

>> No.15014467
File: 591 KB, 664x562, healthy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014467

>>15006386
i score high

>> No.15014478

>>15014443
t. 110

>> No.15014513

>>15006460
You lack abstract thinking capacity if you don't understand how language effortlessly maps onto various morphism structures (I am not expecting a non-math reader to know what this means, but yo use morphisms every day in your life and you should be aware how they work even if you don't know the term for it -- that is how I invoked that word), and is therefore a good indicator of ability of abstract/structured thinking.

>> No.15014552

>>15014513
i was mostly baiting but this particular test is only useful if you assume all participants know what the words in the synonym recognition part are derived from so it's completely useless if the test taker is either ESL or just not very eloquent
as an example, two years ago i got 85 from the verbal test and now i got 108 and there has also been a similar discrepancy in tests i've taken in my mother tongue
in general this test is pretty shit maybe save for the memory score (but even then if you know some of the logos it becomes a lot easier to memorize them)

>> No.15014603
File: 25 KB, 933x321, Screenshot (244).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014603

Makes sense I guess. It's in line with other scores I've gotten. I did speedrun the spatial part though.

>> No.15014604

>>15014552
>ESL
Why do you say that like it matters? It only does for an online test. Who gives a shit about these anyway? Only real world ones are valid.
>or just not very eloquent
"not very eloquent" is a qualifier that can be broken down further, and when done so reveals that the person isn't actually as apt at abstract shit as they think they are.
For example, I learned English in part by simply analyzing the sound shifts that occured that sets it apart from German, my native language. E.g. a "p" in Proto-Germanic became a "pf" or "f' in German, but remained a "p" in English, I was able to extrapolate from my knowledge of "Apfel - apple" and "offen - open" that somewhere within English a word like "Affe" with the almost same meaning but with a "p" instead of an "ff" could be found.

I did not read linguistics papers. I was 11. I literally only cared about Pokemon and Dragonball Z. I was just adept at abstract thinking.

You can use the same analysis/stratagem to quickly form networks of tightly interrelated words, naturally after modulo the extremely trivial derivations (e.g. the synonym of "wet", "wetter", would not be allowed if you already stated "wet" in such a quiz about synonyms or finding words via phonetics quiz, both of which were on my IQ test).

If you can't, you are either more autist or not as smart as you thought you are.

I mean if you are literally a nationally read expert dork math professor who talks like a 12 year old outside math, feel free to disregard my points, but they apply to anyone below that.

>> No.15014658

Why does it seem like everyone with high memory/verbal iq has relatively lower spatial and vice versa? What is the difference between a memory/verbal intelligence and a spatial intelligence?

>> No.15014659

>>15014604
>Why do you say that like it matters? It only does for an online test. Who gives a shit about these anyway? Only real world ones are valid.
if the prompt is huge and the options would be towering or colossal there is 0 chance you could possibly know what they mean if you've never heard what a tower is or colossus or the equivalent adverbs
>"not very eloquent" is a qualifier that can be broken down further, and when done so reveals that the person isn't actually as apt at abstract shit as they think they are.
i'm definitely not eloquent in russian and i would do extremely poorly in this sort of a test in russian but despite that, in my mother tongue i would perform very well
does that mean the first mean i'm bad at abstract thinking or bad at the language?
>wall of text about german
i'm pretty sure you've got to be retarded to not recognize this pattern even as a kid
>You can use the same analysis/stratagem to quickly form networks of tightly interrelated words
i've got no fucking clue how can you even imply this while simultaneously saying that knowledge of vocabulary is irrelevant, what if your mother tongue is chinese? how are you supposed to guess what oeffnen means if you've never seen that word?
also in what way is "wetter" a synonym to "wet"?

>> No.15014690 [DELETED] 
File: 117 KB, 959x960, hmmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014690

meh

>> No.15014703
File: 25 KB, 740x276, hmmmmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014703

whatever

>> No.15014708

Why does memory iq weigh so much more heavy than spatial iq for total iq

>> No.15014731

>>15006796
pretty much the same here but im dyslexic as shit and got 90 on verbal

>> No.15014864

>>15014659
>i'm definitely not eloquent in russian and i would do extremely poorly in this sort of a test in russian but despite that, in my mother tongue i would perform very well
does that mean the first mean i'm bad at abstract thinking or bad at the language?
First of al, abstract thinking defines an entire field. This includes some linguistics, verbal, and grammar, as well as language use in a more artistic sense, and of course math, CS, logic, etc.
Now am saying if you fail in one of these fields, you are bad at abstract thought? Nope, I don't see how you could derive such an implication from my statements. But you notice how the nature of the beast of discussing such topics is us talking about POPULATIONS of people. And there, different rules apply. If you have a population A of people and one of B, and both groups have identical aptitudes at abstract thought but the people in B are shit at linguistics and especially creative writing (the latter is not usually regarded as an abstract endeavour, but as I tried to explain, abstractism strongly maps onto creative writing ability. The reverse isn't necessarily true), then yes, I will say their abstract thinking strength is less, because I deem mentioned verbal/linguistics to be part of its total domain.
>i'm pretty sure you've got to be retarded to not recognize this pattern even as a kid
Yes. I used that as an example because it (a simple consonant shift, which between every Euro language exists) is literally the easiest and most relatable, so my point about the mechanism is clearer.
I hope you don't enjoy being treated like a special-ed case, and having have to be talked to very slowly without difficult leaps. I don't, so I thought my simple example is a good illustration.

>> No.15014884

>>15014659
>i've got no fucking clue how can you even imply this while simultaneously saying that knowledge of vocabulary is irrelevant, what if your mother tongue is chinese? how are you supposed to guess what oeffnen means if you've never seen that word?
As I hoped to get across, I refer to the functional mechanism, rather than list off the precise possible implementations of such. I admit it's easy to get the impression that because I talked about sound shifts, that must mean I mean this is the only such function in consideration. I actually mean an entire category of functions to enable such associations.

There are other such networks. If you read the words "thou", "serf", "knight" (sorry, hard to come up with examples on the fly), is the next word in that (Markovoid) chain not more likely something like "maiden" or "ye olde" than "pre-algebra"?
Temporal, social, dialectal, etc. there is literally a universe of possible connectives besides phonetics.

Listen, I don't have all day.

>also in what way is "wetter" a synonym to "wet"?
I found it interesting to see how you would react to that (if you did).
It's an endomorphism. It's not a synonym in the everyday sense of the word, but if you regard the word under abstract mathematical principles, you can regard it just a a "scaled" version of precisely the same thing, which is generated by its endomorphic structure.

>> No.15014888
File: 533 KB, 2351x3384, __remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_hakonnbo__94f4664f6a924d7ee3183f7798c7e2b6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014888

>>15006738
Because we have this thread every week, dumbass.

>> No.15015337

>>15014708
They make a note about how they use self-reported standardized test scores submitted after the IQ test to try to improve the accuracy of the results, so memory/verbal IQ probably correlate with the standardized test scores more than spatial IQ does.

>> No.15016459

>>15014864
>If you have a population A of people and one of B, and both groups have identical aptitudes at abstract thought but the people in B are shit at linguistics
well that would in itself imply they aren't equally competent following your idea of what abstract thinking is but whatever
>and especially creative writing (the latter is not usually regarded as an abstract endeavour
and i don't see why would it be, regardless, even if this was true it still isn't relevant to what i've wrote. There is absolutely no reason to assume the verbal test has any worth if the participant isn't either native english speaker or at least very proficient because that particular test relies on vocabulary so much. This has nothing to do with creative writing or whatever branch of linguistics you're talking about because simply being exposed to a particular word multiple times is much more valuable in this case than having good linguistic skills in general
>>15014884
>I refer to the functional mechanism, rather than list off the precise possible implementations of such
yes i understand that, but genuinely, you simply cannot just try to measure this with this type of test because there is so much interference with how broad one's vocabulary is the result is never going to be accurate and especially so if the test taker is not proficient in english

>> No.15016526
File: 18 KB, 703x266, 1657683438714.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15016526

>tfw memorylet

>> No.15017949

>>15006386
You're retarded and you will never forget. Given you're able to realize it ...

>> No.15017952

>>15015337
Is this not because iq tests typically ignore spatial iq? Or do they ignore it because it correlates worse with life outcomes or sum?

>> No.15019939

This is a facebook iq test. You can refresh the results page and get two different results even with the same amount of correct answers.

>> No.15020249

>>15006386
You're the opposite of a jew, as jews score particularly high on verbal but lower on spatial and memory.

>> No.15020279
File: 154 KB, 1076x790, 1669740216797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15020279

t. midwit irl

>> No.15020826
File: 246 KB, 1349x2015, Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 21-32-20 Full Scale IQ Test Results.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15020826

>>15006442
How do you barely know what words mean?

>> No.15020839

>>15014658
probably the regions of the brain that're responsible for both of those respective functions

>> No.15021421
File: 17 KB, 699x265, Selection_001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15021421

ESL ;c

>> No.15021434
File: 31 KB, 698x303, Wordsmith.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15021434

>>15014658
Probably ESL's and autistics skewing your perception.

>> No.15021474

>>15021421
btw, am i smard enough to go into physics?

>> No.15022555

>>15021474
Too smard... You must be retard to do physics unfortunately...

>> No.15022874
File: 40 KB, 813x334, awwshieet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15022874

And I thought that those anagrams would fuck me over because english as a second language..
How do I into memory anons?

>> No.15022877

Retards score intelligence.

Intelligence is a use of brain.

Intelligence is not judged at all.

FUCKING tardcake

>> No.15022880

Something interesting to people with ADHD who may have a high IQ: Without adderall I score 120 with highly asynchronous results. Verbal is always high, memory and spatial are trash. On adderall, I max the scores. Something to consider for people who may not realize ADHD can be hyperactive or inattentive, and who may be suffering some perpetual sense of failure where your brain only works 1 day out of 900.

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action