[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 61 KB, 400x498, 1263766982768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1497473 No.1497473 [Reply] [Original]

Imagine explaining the concept of colours to a man who has been blind since birth. Concept of colours and vision are alien to him. To a blind man, colour is not something that can be touched/tasted/heard/smelled. Because the said blind man cannot detect colour, he would say there is no empirical proof that colours exist. He would then judge - very logically - that colours don't exist.
The same can be said of us and God. We cannot detect God (or evidences of his existence) with our five senses. Thus we judge that there is no empricial proof that God exists. Is this logical though? Can we really claim to say something exists or does not exist based on our limited senses? Maybe God itself is a concept beyond us?

>> No.1497478

Why is obama on a unicorn with a sword?

Why is he hanging out with hue laury & stalin?

>> No.1497483

>>1497473
buuuuut you can explain to him that different wavelengths of light makes the retina send different signals to the brain which are then interpreted as so called "colours".

And he would undestand although he cant imagine how colours look like.

>> No.1497491

Heathens! Heathens Everywhere. God's ONLY son DIEd FOR YOU, so that you may LIVE. I could go on and on about how much I love The Lord. Mohammad, Budduh, Allah i love them all. I am so full of Love. So brothers and sisters let us pray to God's son Will H Christ our Lord and saviour, Amen.

>> No.1497500

Colors are just the human brain's perception of different wavelengths in the electromagnetic spectrum, it's all in our heads. If the human race has monochrome vision, the existence colors would be insignificant and irrelevant to us. So, if we cannot perceive something, how is it even relevant in our lives?

>> No.1497508

congratulations your logic has just invented agnosticism. again.

most "atheists" are in fact agnostic, as claiming to know with absolute certainty that a god does not exist is just about as logically flawed as being a fundamentalist christfag. I have yet to see substantiated evidence of the veracity of any religion or lack of religion, or any proof either way of the existence of a god. so instead I don't go to church or debate with christians to prove them wrong and instead I just live my life.

>> No.1497538
File: 35 KB, 744x567, 1266041199695.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

imagine derp derp derp derp derp herpa derp god thread derpa derp herp herp.

>> No.1497581

With knowledge the blind man can recognize color exist. Just as science has shown us atoms exist, and genes control if we will be a human or swine it has opened doors to the invisible. These steps are dissolving the basis of religion, and relate to the fear of science from major religions. Religion is a safe box for those who are afraid to accept the responsibility of their own existence. The cost of their fear of reality is far reaching, and disregarding the deaths of the past could easily lead to the end of humanity over something no truer than the tail of the three pigs. We can easily trace our major religions back to ancient sun gods, and I don’t think any educated person would accept the view of these myths and live their lives in fear of the ancient sun gods coming down to kill them. They are child’s stories from the beginning of thought, not facts provable and repeatable as seen in science. The same is true of today’s major religions. There is no proof of a Jesus ever existing unless you accept the bible as true, and if you do that than you accept murders, genocide, rapes, child abuse, slavery, and a continuing list of atrocities. You also accept the myths of the old sun gods; and in the view of this person need to get help from a good doctor who deals with cult issues. I view the bible as a control method used by the major christian segments to gain wealth and power over humanity.
When you can prove god exist than come back with something for the blind man that sees more than what religion wants him to see. Science has done this and in doing so has let him see the colors in his mind that are real. Religion has done nothing but tied him to a view of endless blindness with a lie of seeing something in the future.