[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 55 KB, 636x382, article-2515969-19BB5CFE00000578-935_636x382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14956239 No.14956239 [Reply] [Original]

my ancestors :)

>> No.14956247

>>14956239
Actually no, modern primates and modern pigs aren't your ancestors, that would mean you are from the future. In reality, you share a common ancestor with other primates and with pigs, but they looked way different than modern primates and pigs

>> No.14956250

>>14956239
>MY ancestors
yes

>> No.14956256

>>14956239
Peak Afro-Ukrainian genetics

>> No.14956258

>>14956247
got diagrams for what they looked like back when?

>> No.14956364

>>14956258
Not that anon but hominini was the last common ancestor and they look very similar to chimps

>> No.14956368

sasquatchgenomeproject.org/

>> No.14956372

>>14956239
Hey, is that.... grandpa....?

>> No.14956378

>>14956247
I can bet money our common ancestor with chimps was just the same chimps and humans broke away as a new species, with chimps just continuing to exist.

>> No.14958132

>>14956239
oh i thought it was the black chimp saying the white pig is its ancestor as a funny /pol/ joke but the posts don’t acknowledge that. chimps derived from a species who is our ancestor but we didn’t derive from the subspecies chimps. we don't come from pigs nor chimps they branched off from our actual ancestors. imagine a tree branch with two smaller branches sticking out of it. you are leaves from the end of the thick branch and pigs and chimps are both separate thinner branches that stick out from the thick branch. you are the leaves at the end of the thick branch. you say the thin branches are your ancestors but they aren't they deviated from the thick branch.

>> No.14958136

>>14956239
The theory of evolution was never proven to be true.
Soientists are forced to tell people to "imagine" monkeys turned into men, just like jews and their minions are telling people to "imagine" gas chambers used for delousing clothes and saving the jews from typhus are actually homicidal gas chambers.
Watch as those subhumans call me retarded to hide their inability to prove I am wrong.
When you make big claims, you better have solid and concrete proof.

>> No.14958143

>>14956239
you've been reading macroevolution.net as well?
at first I was skeptical, but the evidence is extremely compelling
>>14956247
no
see above
humans are the result of a hybrid between a wild pig and chimpanzee backcrossing with chimpanzees for a few millions years
>>14958132
common misconception, but not actually how evolution works after all
see macroevolution.net
>>14958136
you're even wronger than the people above
evolution is absolutely proven, there are mountains of evidence from a wide variety of disciplines making that clear beyond any doubt
however, evolution works quite differently from how most people, including most biologists, conceive of it

>> No.14958148

>>14958136
low tier bait

>> No.14958153
File: 63 KB, 800x795, FC8178E0-DC5D-4BC4-A4B2-2A41A2981C3C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958143

>> No.14958156
File: 273 KB, 840x894, 1635896.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958148
Oy vey

>> No.14958158

>>14958153
what is that image supposed to imply?
McCarthy thoroughly explains the orientation of the lower spine, including the sacrum and the coccyx

>> No.14958159
File: 1.15 MB, 686x776, 1637390567774.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread and the western degeneracy in a nutshell.

>> No.14958160

>>14958143
>>14958156
This is actually ok-tier bait.
Your website reads
>The chimpanzee is plausible in the role of one of the parents that crossed to produce the human race because they are generally recognized as being closest to humans in terms of their genetics
Because they are closer to humans means we derived from them? Thats it? Lol…

>> No.14958165

>>14958160
not baiting at all
I'm serious
go read macroevolution.net
>>The chimpanzee is plausible in the role of one of the parents that crossed to produce the human race because they are generally recognized as being closest to humans in terms of their genetics
>Because they are closer to humans means we derived from them? Thats it? Lol…
no, and it's typical of people with very little understanding to take a single statement and straw man that as being the only argument, which is exactly what you're doing there
in reality, that's just one of the countless pieces in place, and simply provides the by far best candidate for one of the parents, the one we backcrossed with
in contrast, gorillas are also such a hybrid, but between chimpanzees and the giant forest hog instead of the wild pig (also explained by McCarthy on the site)

>> No.14958186

>>14958165
I don’t have all the time in the world to read the entire website, McCarthy should have laid out a concise thesis somewhere in the beginning instead of of writing vague pieces. If he wants to convince me to believe in Macro evolution, he should have showed me a complete puzzle. Instead, he threw a bunch of puzzle pieces in my face and told me what the picture is. I concur that his opinion is false due to how unorganized his website is despite the effort put into organizing it. It seems like it was made as an inside joke between a couple of biologists to see how many people they can fool.

>> No.14958192

>>14958186
what a lot of total nonsense
he makes his point very clearly, and states his thesis over the course of the first few pages of the hypothesis section
he's also not trying to convince you to believe in macroevolution, everyone who isn't a total ignoramus knows that macroevolution is true for a fact based on the enormous amounts of evidence from myriad disciplines
what he's pointing out is that evolution works quite differently from how most people, including most biologists, conceive of it
his website is actually amazingly well organized, and anyone would stand to gain vast amounts of knowledge from perusing it for any time

>> No.14958205

>>14958143
Literally the most schizo thing I've read all night.

>> No.14958206
File: 445 KB, 540x930, 1667112678505283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958192
Not a single proof of a monkey evolving into a human.

>> No.14958207

>>14958186
His thesis is that chimps raped pigs and humans are manchimppig hybrids.

>> No.14958210

>>14958205
those are the facts, like them or not
nothing "schizo" about it whatsoever, McCarthy is literally a PhD geneticist who has specialized in and studied hybridization all his life
>>14958206
except there is mountains upon mountains of evidence demonstrating conclusively that humans evolved from earlier primates (the standard view being from a common ancestor of chimpanzees, but of course also from the other great apes further back, but the more correct view being that humans are the result of a chimpanzee and wild pig hybridizing and then the hybrid backcrossing with chimpanzees)

>> No.14958213
File: 142 KB, 717x694, 1633900341453.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958210
Not a single proof of a monkey evolving into a man, other than mountains of abstract unproven garbage.
Show me a single monkey turning into a man without making excuses like "we need a few million years" or "you are retarded".
You will never ever be able to. That is because you stand on the side of lies, evil and falsehoods.

>> No.14958215

>>14958210
If there are "mountains of evidence" then maybe that schizo should produce some genetic evidence of hybridization before he shits out this nonsense. The videos of "X-human hybrids" he posts are suitable for a Weekly World News cover not a scientific journal.

>> No.14958220

>>14958207
not really, he implies that it's most likely that a male wild pig mated with a female chimpanzee to begin with, and doesn't imply rape was necessarily involved (although it is a possibility)
>>14958213
again, mountains upon mountains of evidence for that
you ignoring and hand-waving away an enormous body of evidence you're not even remotely familiar with doesn't make it disappear
enjoy remaining ignorant
>Show me a single monkey turning into a man without making excuses like "we need a few million years" or "you are retarded".
thanks for demonstrating just how ignorant you are
hilarious
>>14958215
he literally presents a vast amount of such evidence
those videos you're talking about is just anecdotal evidence gathered from far and wide, they're entirely peripheral to the primary body of evidence
it's typical of ignorant people to confuse the two, and to erroneously attempt to use the former to argue against the latter

>> No.14958221

>>14958210
Just because a scientist has a PhD doesn’t mean their paper is automatically correct. Qualified individuals must review McCarthy’s hypothesis before I believe it. Why is it just one guy? There should be a collaboration of PhD geneticists for a discovery this grand.

>> No.14958222

>>14958220
When you make big claims like man being an evolved monkey, you better have solid and concrete proof.
You have none, hiding behind words, abstract garbage, away from reality.

>> No.14958225

>>14958221
>Just because a scientist has a PhD doesn’t mean their paper is automatically correct.
no one argued that
keep putting up dumb straw men, though
what I pointed out is that it's all based in the most rigorous investigations into genetics and hybridization on the planet, it's not "schizo" at all, it has an undeniably scientific foundation
>Qualified individuals must review McCarthy’s hypothesis before I believe it.
first of all, that's not even remotely how science works, that's an argument to authority, a classic logical fallacy
besides, he is himself one of the by far most qualified individuals on the planet in this context, so your argument is doubly stupid
>Why is it just one guy?
because people presenting uncomfortable facts are not typically sided with
>>14958222
>you better have solid and concrete proof
and again, such proof exists, there are literally mountains upon mountains of evidence for just that
also, I'm not sure why you keep repeating "monkey", because monkeys are far back in the evolutionary tree for humans, and monkeys and apes are two very different things
you might as well talk about rabbits or mice, which we share an ancestor with even further back, or go even further back than that
there's nothing abstract about any of this, it's based on tangible scientific evidence from a vast array of disciplines, including paleoanthropology, genetics, biogeography, and evolutionary biology

>> No.14958227
File: 126 KB, 581x960, E6A2E60A-4C3D-42D3-803A-CBB4E5AE8057.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958220
> it's typical of ignorant people to confuse the two, and to erroneously attempt to use the former to argue against the latter
> it's typical of people with very little understanding to take a single statement and straw man that as being the only argument, which is exactly what you're doing there
I’m seeing a pattern here, everytime someone points out the invalidity of macroevolution.net you claim that its a typical misunderstanding or deliberate straw man. You are so enveloped in this McCarthy’s “mad idea” that you deny all arguments against him without thinking deeply about them. You are either shallow or schizo, I suspect the latter.

>> No.14958228

>>14958227
the only pattern I'm seeing is you literally making fallacious arguments, including incredibly pathetic straw men, and then crying about it when called out
there is no invalidity of the website, it's all rigorously based in facts and evidence
his idea isn't "mad" at all, that's just you projecting your own ignorance about the matter onto it
I've spent far more time studying this than most people, certainly incomparably more than you, and know orders of magnitude more about it than you ever will, so the notion that I haven't thought deeply about them is another hilariously false piece of nonsense
repeating "schizo" to yourself doesn't make the evidence go away
again, enjoy remaining ignorant

>> No.14958229

>>14958225
I hope this was an elaborate bait because if it was you fucking got us mate.

>> No.14958230

>>14958229
not baiting whatsoever, those are the facts whether you like them or prefer remaining ignorant
see: >>14958165

>> No.14958236

>>14958225
>your argument is doubly stupid
It’s not and heres why. If a document is peer reviewed it means other qualified experts agreed with the data not the opinion. The probability of McCarthys magnificent mad idea of pig chimp hybrids goes down the drain based on the fact that no one dared to look at it. You can masturbate to pig chimp sex but please don’t force your schizo material on naive folks who may take fiction as fact. It is a creative idea but theres no credibility.
Also, how is it an uncomfortable fact? If we find out that my ancestors were pigs id be more than happy to masturbate to my ancestors unloading chimp sperm in pink pig pussy. Sadly this never happened…

>> No.14958240

>>14958230
Where are the remnants of hooves? I don't see any on my body. Shouldn’t humans resembled pigs at one point 50/50? The math doesn’t add up. I think you are in a dream.

>> No.14958245

>>14958236
it is, and I explained exactly why
>peer reviewed
again, peer-review is unscientific nonsense, one of the least scientific notions imaginable
>magnificent mad idea
it's hilarious how ignorant morons try to vapidly project like this
>masturbate to pig chimp sex
typical childish emotional response to someone who cares little for facts and wants to keep remaining ignorant
enjoy ignorance
>schizo
nothing "schizo" about any of it, it's rigorously scientific
>no credibility
it has maximum credibility for anyone who sits down and goes through the evidence
you know, something ignorant morons like you will never do, as you instead opt to shout vapid and pathetic fallacies from your position of total ignorance
>Also, how is it an uncomfortable fact?
the vast majority of people already think it's strange to think about us developing from other apes, such as a common chimpanzee-human ancestor (the religious nutjob in this thread is proof of that), and would be even more uncomfortable with the fact that humans are hybrids between chimpanzees and pigs, an animal to which comparison is often seen as an insult and which has traditionally been seen as lowly and unclean
combine this with the fact that the vast majority of biologists don't have anywhere close to the same deep knowledge of hybridization and rigorous understanding of the theoretical foundations of evolution based on the evidence as McCarthy does, and it's very easy to understand why people have a knee-jerk emotional reaction to it and prefer not dealing with the facts and to remain ignorant instead
>Sadly this never happened…
it did, though
humans are the result of a chimpanzee and wild pig producing offspring fertile enough for backcrossing, and then just that occurring subsequently for several million years
>>14958240
>Where are the remnants of hooves?
McCarthy discusses the anatomical evidence in great detail
>Shouldn’t humans resembled pigs at one point 50/50?
millions of years ago, yes

>> No.14958246

>>14958240
>>14958245
http://www.macroevolution.net/hybrid-hypothesis-section-2.html
>Shrewsbury and Johnson (1983, p. 475; see also Susman 1979, p. 226) state that "the distinguishing features of the human distal phalanx are the broad spade-like tuberosity with proximal projecting spine and the wide diaphysis, which is concave palmarly to create an ungual fossa. These features are not seen in primates such as the monkey and gorilla." This distinction, which was also present in the various extinct hominids (Musgrave 1971, pp. 539, 541), has been explained as an adaptation facilitating the manipulation of objects with the fingertips. If such is the case, why should these processes also be found on the tips of our toes? Do these hoof-like ungual tuberosities actually reflect a relationship between humans and ungulates like the pig? That is, are they vestiges of ancestral hooves?

>> No.14958252

>>14958246
Archaic hominids used their toes for manipulation just like some modern monkeys do. If you're looking for a hybrid, look to an archaic monkey type not pigs.

>> No.14958263

>>14958252
>Archaic hominids used their toes for manipulation just like some modern monkeys do.
again, these particular anatomical features are found in no other primate than humans
>Lastly, consider the ungual tuberosities. These small, hoof-shaped processes tip the bones (nail phalanges) that underlie the nails of our fingers and toes (see illustration below). Nonhuman primates do not have such processes. "When comparing the nail phalanges of apes to those of man, a pronounced slenderness of the former can be observed. If the impressive strength of pongid hands is taken into consideration, this is surprising" (Preuschoft 1973, p. 45).
the first page of his hypothesis literally explains that only features unique to humans that aren't found in any other primate are what's interesting
of course McCarthy knows that various primates use their toes to manipulate objects and to grab branches, and it's amusing that you think that's a "gotcha"
>If you're looking for a hybrid, look to an archaic monkey type not pigs.
again, see the very first page of his hypothesis
the entire point is that humans seem to have:
1) a ton of chimpanzee traits
2) a ton of unique traits not found in any other primate, but all of which found in wild pigs
thus looking to an "archaic monkey type" would be incorrect, and looking to pigs and evidence for hybridization would be correct

>> No.14958265

>>14958246
It’s like arguing with a flat earther, you’ll never win. I’m done, someone else take over.

>> No.14958268

>>14958265
it's not, because anyone can easily call out dumb flerfers by asking something as simple as how Sol can rise due east and set due west across every single latitude on the equinoxes, which is totally inexplicable in any flerfer model
what I'm explaining here, which McCarthy explains in great detail, is entirely correct, and rigorously based in science
you hand-waving it away when called out on your ignorance of the facts and evidence by trying to associate it with something absurd is just more proof that you prefer remaining an ignorant moron rather than familiarizing yourself with the actual facts of the matter

>> No.14958272

>>14958268
why is chimp pig hybridization not as wide spread. why was today my first time hearing about this. science truth and logic always prevail in the end. why is this so niche, is there any books I can read about this or were the other geneticists scared to come out about this. what are the implications of being part pig to society and how does that affect the future of bio research.

>> No.14958275
File: 36 KB, 426x403, 1504441105272.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958268

>> No.14958279

>>14958272
>why is chimp pig hybridization not as wide spread
first of all, we have zero idea how widespread it is or isn't
McCarthy's stabilization theory shows clearly that new species generated through such a process would be an extreme rarity, occurring only once every many millions of years due to how it would require the offspring of two wildly different species with low chromosomal compatibility to be sufficiently fertile for backcrossing to successfully occur and restore fertility and allow for the stabilization of the new species
secondly, it could also be that it's much less widespread today due to natural climatic changes, as it's been estimated that the tropical rainforest is only a hollow shell of its former glory today due to natural processes that have occurred over millions of years, which were also instrumental in causing humans to move out of the rainforest and spread across the world in the first place
>why was today my first time hearing about this
you can say that about any little-known scientific fact
most people also think the Big Bang happened and that space is expanding, anything hilarious and absurdly false notion that is commonly accepted as fact
and most people also think that Sol is powered by nuclear fusion in the interior rather than powered externally by massive interstellar and intergalactic currents
one day has to be the first day you hear of a fact you haven't heard of before
>science truth and logic always prevail in the end
not necessarily true at all, it's equally possibly for humanity to degenerate and descend into ignorance and promptly destroy ourselves
just because something is true doesn't mean people will inevitably recognize it as true
>why is this so niche
see: >>14958245
>what are the implications of being part pig to society
see the same as above
like I mentioned there, many people already struggle to accept being even related to chimpanzees, thus pigs, commonly associated with lowliness and ignorance, are a tough sell

>> No.14958280

>>14958275
literally the most common flerfer model in existence, retard
do you think I didn't include that when I said "any flerfer model"
doesn't even remotely explain how Sol rises due east and sets due west across every single latitude on the equinoxes
nice try, moron
also, Earth has been circumnavigated north-south, so that claim is retarded and wrong too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transglobe_Expedition

>> No.14958285

>>14958280
fake

>> No.14958288

>>14958285
>still doesn't address the fact that Sol couldn't possible rise due east and set due west across every single latitude on the equinoxes
also, not fake at all, but it's still hilarious that your retarded standard flerfer model doesn't account for one of the basic observational facts there is

>> No.14958289

>>14958279
>many people already struggle to accept
funnily enough, in islam (maybe christianity and judaism too) it is said that pigs and chimps are devolved humans cursed by god

>> No.14958291

>>14958288
>also, not fake at all
no proof

>> No.14958297

>>14958291
first of all, there's tons of proof that the expedition did indeed occur
retards like you will always just deny literally any historical fact when it's inconvenient to your delusion
secondly, still not addressing the basic observational fact that Sol rises due east and sets due west across every single latitude on the equinoxes
please provide me a flerfer model which explains this fact
hint: you can't, not even remotely possible without the most ridiculously dumb ad hoc explanations there is, like "magic" or "sky daddy just snaps his fingers and it is so"
typical retard
>>14958289
yep, not surprising, because while chimpanzees are obviously very similar to humans in appearance, pigs do have some overt traits that are very characteristic too, especially the nose
in fact, these days I can't look at people's noses without seeing the nose of our pig ancestor sitting right on everybody's faces, that prominently protruding cartilaginous sniffer

>> No.14958318

>>14958297
Do you eat pig?

>> No.14958338

https://youtu.be/vtLhX4Sx1Kc

>> No.14958342
File: 363 KB, 1080x739, 1611826958315.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958297
>magical sky daddy

>> No.14958343

>>14958342
you don't need to be le genius prodigy to prove god
first mover proves god

>> No.14958352

>>14958318
I only eat what human physiology is optimized for, i.e. 100% high-carbohydrate plant-based foods
dead animal remains are extremely toxic to human physiology
>>14958342
typical braindead religious moron
>>14958343
wrong, nothing proves the existence of any purported creator deity, because no such deity exists
in fact, the "first mover" argument does a great job at disproving any possibility of such a deity existing

>> No.14958356

>>14958338
at least he's close

>> No.14958357
File: 337 KB, 1002x1308, 1619921534265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958352

>> No.14958382

>>14958357
not even remotely true
retarded straw men that only people who are so dumb that they believe in religion ever bring up

>> No.14958402
File: 486 KB, 750x938, 1635041589710.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958382
"You are stupid" is not an argument.

>> No.14958404

>>14958352
>I only eat what human physiology is optimized for, i.e. 100% high-carbohydrate plant-based foods
Nice bait.

>> No.14958413

>>14958352
cope

>> No.14958443

>>14958402
neither are your retarded straw men, so what's your point?
I'm not making any argument, I'm asserting that you're a dumb religious moron
>>14958404
still not bait, that's also 100% factual
>>14958413
seethe more at being faced with the facts

>> No.14958461
File: 118 KB, 800x789, 1608554556990.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14958443
>The world coming out of nowhere makes perfect sense, folks!

>> No.14958481

>>14958461
>the braindead religious moron repeats the exact same straw man he set up earlier even after getting it called out
hilarious
embarrassing

>> No.14958485

>>14958481
Not an argument midwit soientist.

>> No.14958486

>>14958485
>neither are your retarded straw men, so what's your point?
>I'm not making any argument, I'm asserting that you're a dumb religious moron

>> No.14958491

>>14958486
Why do you exist?

>> No.14958498

>>14958491
>Not an argument
>>neither are your retarded straw men, so what's your point?
>>I'm not making any argument, I'm asserting that you're a dumb religious moron
>Why do you exist?
multifaceted question which can be answered at myriad different levels, precisely zero of which involve any imaginary creator deity
it's hilarious how the typical braindead religious morons think asking questions like that imply the existence of a creator deity when no such deity exists
embarrassing

>> No.14958505

>>14958498
Sorry you cannot answer something children can answer.
Typical soientist, arrogant, little man with a big ego, deluding himself into believing he is so much smarter than the average Joe.

>> No.14958512

>>14958505
>Sorry you cannot answer something children can answer.
literally no child ever who hasn't been brainwashed by religious morons like yourself ever posit any creator deity as the answer to your question
savagely destroyed
hilarious
embarrassing, but still hilarious
typical braindead religious moron

>> No.14958517

>>14958512
Why do you exist? Where do you come from?

>> No.14958525

>>14958228
Do you think reading schizo web pages counts as research?

>> No.14958569

>>14958517
>multifaceted question which can be answered at myriad different levels, precisely zero of which involve any imaginary creator deity
it's hilarious how the typical braindead religious morons think asking questions like that imply the existence of a creator deity when no such deity exists
>embarrassing
>>14958525
see above:
>>14958210
>nothing "schizo" about it whatsoever, McCarthy is literally a PhD geneticist who has specialized in and studied hybridization all his life
>>14958225
>what I pointed out is that it's all based in the most rigorous investigations into genetics and hybridization on the planet, it's not "schizo" at all, it has an undeniably scientific foundation
so keep coping by parroting the word "schizo" until you can't breathe all you like, it still remains scientific fact

>> No.14958578

>>14958569
So you exist for no reason? Is that not irrational?

>> No.14958594

>>14958578
not what I said, retard
hilarious how the braindead religious mind immediately tries to set up a false dichotomy when you don't give them what they want
more hilarious and more embarrassing

>> No.14958598

>>14958594

>> No.14958603

>>14958598
actually, that was an argument
it was a sound refutation of your pathetic attempt at setting up a false dichotomy
hilarious that you are too stupid to even recognize that
keep fuming from being shut down, you braindead religious moron

>> No.14958617

>>14958603
Insults are not an argument midwit soientist.

>> No.14958622

>>14958617
>gets actual argument savagely deconstructed and destroyed
>keeps parroting the same psychological defense mechanism
poor guy
they really did a number on you with the religious brainwashing
sad and embarrassing

>> No.14958629

>>14958622
The atheist cries in pain as he hurls lame insults at you!