[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-11: Warosu is now out of maintenance. Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.58 MB, 1284x2045, A44649EC-BFC4-42C0-83C0-29A286D82C4E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852347 No.14852347 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What’s the next cope for religiontards?

>> No.14852349

>>14852347
By religiontards I assume you're refering to space fanboys?

>> No.14852350

>>14852347
Clickbait.

>> No.14852352

>>14852347
Well for starters "organic matter" doesn't equal life. It just means stuff made out of carbon. There's non-biological organic matter all over the universe.

Second, I'm not aware of any religion that says life couldn't exist on other planets.

>> No.14852357

>>14852352
Christianity, Judaism, Islam

>> No.14852372

>>14852357
Source?

>> No.14852373
File: 50 KB, 155x170, +_80825db352bad3b2c687f547ecdf0697.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852373

>>14852357
There have been countless BREAKING news, only to end up being disappointments, if not outright falsehoods.

Remember when they found organic gas on Venus clouds? It turned out to be a mistake and venus was even more dehydrated that what is needed for life

I won't hold my breath on this one either

>> No.14852376

>>14852372
Old Testament.

>> No.14852377

>>14852373
That was not meant to be a reply. Sorry

>> No.14852382

>>14852347

organic matter means nothing. Its actually more interesting that the rocks near the curiosity landing site all turned out to be volcanic not sedimentary which might mean the 'lake' that was thought to be there might have been much less extensive and shorter lived than thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugBXwbUo1E

>> No.14852383

>>14852376
Almost everything was revamped by Jesus
Only Jews still cling to the Prequel because they refuse to accept that they weren't special in the eyes of God

>> No.14852390

>>14852357
None of those say there can't be life on other planets.

>> No.14852395

>>14852376
Source?

>> No.14852410
File: 35 KB, 499x499, ayy lmao smoking pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852410

>>14852352
>>14852390
>>14852372
The issue isn't that religions explicitly rule out other life in the universe, it's that they tend to be very geocentric.
Where even if there is other life out there, earth's life was created first and is somehow the most important.
In reality, vast numbers of aliens and intelligent civilizations could have arisen throughout the universe long before our solar system even existed. That would be a pretty significant detail for a genuine holy text to leave out ("In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" etc etc).

>> No.14852413

>>14852410
>In reality, vast numbers of aliens and intelligent civilizations could have arisen throughout the universe long before our solar system even existed.
And when you say "in reality" you mean "in my fantasy".

>> No.14852416

>>14852410
The CMB implies geocentrism.

>> No.14852417

>>14852410
>Where even if there is other life out there, earth's life was created first
source?

>> No.14852421

>>14852416
How?

>> No.14852426

>>14852421
We're at the center of the observed CMB dipole, a huge cosmic formation that wouldn't align with the orientation of the solar system unless we were at the center of the universe.

>> No.14852440

>>14852413
The "reality" part of it is that our solar system is only 4.6 billion years old, vs the universe being 13.8 billion. There's no reason other places couldn't have been habitable for a very, very long time before earth came along or before humans evolved.
And that there's no evidence that we fill any special role or occupy any special vantage point within the universe.

>> No.14852446

>>14852383
This. Christianity is basically "error-corrected" Judaism where God got annoyed that people were misinterpreting the rules so Jesus got sent to tell everyone they were retarded.

Islam is then a further "error-correction" of Christianity.

That being said, as far as I know there's nothing in ANY of the abrahamic religious texts that says life can't/doesn't exist on other planets. Those attitudes mostly come from interpretation

>> No.14852452

>>14852446
>Islam is then a further "error-correction" of Christianity.
lmao no. It's based on an early Judaizing heresy.

>> No.14852461

>>14852347
No idea what sky fairies have to do with this but organic compounds have been found before on Mars.

>> No.14852480

>>14852440
>there's no reason why my fantasies can't be true
Don't you have some Farmi Paradox thread to participate in, faggot? Your sort keeps rambling about imaginary religious boogeymen needing to cope, meanwhile in actual reality, you're the only ones perpetually coping. There's not a single shred of evidence for ayyylyums anywhere else in the universe. Including this thread. Organic material on Mars is not evidence of life. The team responsible for this discovery has stated this as well.

>> No.14852510

>>14852480
It's true we haven't found evidence for other life out there, and I'm not arguing we have, as your deranged flailing around would seem to suggest.
The age and vastness of the universe points to earth and humans not being special.
If earth is the only place in the universe with life, then why did God create the universe and then wait roughly 10 billion years before creating any life? Any good answer to that? What would be the point of having such a long stretch of lifeless universe before getting things started here

>> No.14852515

>>14852426
The CMB dipole is because we're moving relative to the CMB. It doesn't imply we're at the center of anything.

>> No.14852523

>>14852510
>The age and vastness of the universe points to earth and humans not being special.
Those are your subjective impressions and cult dogma.

>> No.14852527

>>14852523
So are yours, baiting nigger.

>> No.14852531

>>14852527
>So are yours
You seem to be fully psychotic. I wasn't arguing that humans are special at any point, let alone pretending that this view is scientific.

>> No.14852540

>>14852347
God made mars too you fuckin retards

>> No.14852541

>>14852480
>>14852510
The "Fermi Paradox" is taken as proof of aliens by redditor psueds. But nobody can actually formulate a proper equation for the likelihood of life, much less human-grade intelligent life. You can count stars and rocky planets in the habitual zone, but is astronomers having tunnel vision for astronomical considerations.

The lack of alien radio signals in the sky is only a "paradox" if you assume a fairly high probability of technologically advanced life forming on planets with the same astronomical parameters as Earth. But it's not a paradox at all if the chance of technologically advanced life is extremely unlikely. In fact, it's evidence FOR the rare earth hypothesis.

>> No.14852573

>>14852480
>>14852541
Recent discovery, that RNA can form spontaneously from organic molecules interacting with volcanic glass, points to abiogenesis on other planets being more likely than not.
It's obviously not direct evidence or discovery of other life, but it points to a high probability of it.

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/ast.2022.0027

https://www.science.org/content/article/did-volcanic-glasses-help-spark-early-life

>rare earth hypothesis
This is sort of moving the goalposts. A lack of other nearby intelligent civilizations would not make us alone in the universe, and given that earth has so far only produced 1 technological species as far as we can tell, it wouldn't be surprising if we don't find others. It's super rare even right here.
But another planet having a biosphere at all, even without anything that can talk or think, would still make earth less special and conflict with religions and geocentrism

>> No.14852576

>>14852573
Abiogenesis is a FAR cry from radio engineers!

>> No.14852583

>>14852573
>>This is sort of moving the goalposts.
And it's NOT moving the goalpost, the entire fucking "paradox" is the alien radio signals we aren't hearing. A world of common beasts and plants does not send out radio signals, the "Fermi Paradox" is specifically about life capable of building powerful radios.

>> No.14852589

>>14852573
>points to abiogenesis on other planets being more likely than not.
Anything points to it being more likely than not in the subjective perceptions of space fanboys. Don't care. Call me back when you have actual evidence.

>> No.14852591

The only guy here who brought up the Fermi Paradox was the "aliens = fantasies" retard >>14852480

>> No.14852593

>>14852591
>There's not a single shred of evidence for ayyylyums anywhere else in the universe.
He is 100% correct.

>> No.14852596
File: 147 KB, 800x789, 23523433.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852596

>muh heckin' ayyylyumm fantasies are real, retard!!!
>just because there is not a shred of evidence for it doesn't mean it's a fantasy in my head!!

>> No.14852599

>>14852347
My religion specifically says that God created many worlds, worlds without end. How is finding life outside Earth in any way disprove my religion?

>> No.14852602

>>14852599
B-b-because it just does, okay?

>> No.14852608

>>14852599
What is your specific religion?
There's only an issue if your religious text makes earth the first one, or the most central or most special one.

>> No.14852610

>>14852608
>There's only an issue if your religious text makes earth the first one, or the most central or most special one.
That's not an issue since you have no evidence whatsoever for it being any other way. lol

>> No.14852614

>>14852357
Fuck you
https://exopolitics.org/pope-endorses-evolution-of-alien-life-ufo-activity-as-part-of-gods-plan/

>> No.14852616

>>14852608
Mormon
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/pgp/moses/1?lang=eng

>> No.14852618

>>14852614
>Catholicism
>Christian

>> No.14852624
File: 172 KB, 480x360, 9893957e3d55f234d253cccb3d34226d.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852624

>>14852616
>Mormon
How the fuck can mormons still exist to this day when we know for a fact Joseph Smith made it all up?

>> No.14852626

>>14852593
>>14852596
That's right, there's no evidence yet. It's just weird to act like you have gone out there and done a broad survey and visited thousands of exoplanets or analyzed enough exoplanet atmospheres to confidently declare that the universe is lifeless, including microbes.
Just because we are not yet able to see something from here, doesn't rule it out

>> No.14852627

>>14852626
>there's no evidence yet
Okay. Then call me back when there is some. For now, you're the one coping, not the religious boogeymen.

>> No.14852628

>>14852626
>It's just weird to act like you have gone out there and done a broad survey and visited thousands of exoplanets or analyzed enough exoplanet atmospheres to confidently declare that the universe is lifeless, including microbes.
It's weird that you think I'm acting like that. I have said nothing of the sort.

>inb4 you quote some other dumbass in this thread because this gay board doesn't have IDs

>> No.14852638

>>14852347
unfalsifiable

>> No.14852640

>>14852626
Yeah, NASA is lying. Sure bud, I guess you think the moon is made of cheese too? Or that Jews are conspiring to breed out white people by manipulating immigrants to settle in European countries?

>> No.14852643

>>14852640
>the WEF bot is glitching out

>> No.14852647

>>14852624
all religions, philosophies, rules and laws are made up

>> No.14852650

>>14852347
"It's just a clump of cells", she said.

>> No.14852651

>>14852347
>Project Blue Beam has been initiated, first shilling has occured
okay

>> No.14852657

-beings more than 100 light years from earth are viewing our solar system
-signals from human technology have not yet traveled far enough to reach them
-other beings don't have a telescope good enough to analyze earth's atmosphere or view its surface with any detail
-they can't see much other than the dimming as earth transits the sun, so they can estimate its mass and distance from its star but little else
-alien says to the other
>you don't have a SHRED of evidence that there is any life on that planet, stop being such a coping retard with your silly fantasies, faggot. lol

>> No.14852660

>be Mars rover engineer
>*idea*
>secretly cum on rover tires at night
>cum sticks and air dries
>"Hope nobody saw that"
>rover lands, begins surveying the Martian landscape
>Know your seed will forever be preserved on Mars as it gets smeared around the Mar tdd in landscape
>colleagues report finding organic matter on the surface
>ohshit.jpeg

>> No.14852674

>>14852657
Sure, let's go with your retarded fantasy. Your ayyylyums make a completely reasonable objection. Now what?

>> No.14852683

>>14852674
>humans viewing a vague blur of an exoplanet, and being unable, with current technology, to verify either way if it has life or not, is a "retarded fantasy"
lol k.

>> No.14852687

>>14852683
You sound like you're having a full-blown psychotic episode. You literally just made up some fantasy about aliens 100 light years away from Earth, but I guess it's not a fantasy to you? Are you saying they're communicating with you telepathically? Are the aliens in the room with us?

>> No.14852695

>>14852687
You're either missing or evading the point. Earth could be viewed from a distance and be dismissed as not having any life, but that assessment would be wrong

>> No.14852712

>>14852695
>Earth could be viewed from a distance and be dismissed as not having any life
By your purely imaginary entities? Okay. Their dismissal would be fully justified.

>> No.14852728

I predicted this a while ago. NASA is actually deliberately trying NOT to find life in space because they don’t want to get bombed by extremists. But they do want funding to keep coming in, so what are they to do?

Send Perseverance to “look for life”- except, it won’t actually test for life on Mars. It bottles samples and stores them, to send back to Earth after about a year of collecting. By the time the samples get back, anything that was living will have decomposed enough that you can’t say if it ever was living and then NASA announce “ORGANIC MATTER FOUND ON MARS” which sounds like life, but actually isn’t.

They confirmed life on Mars in the fucking 70s and NASA has literally never repeated the experiments since.
But don’t take my word for that, hear it from the guy who designed that experiment and got rejected by NASA for every proposal to try it again to rule out false positives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIPZayCEDA [Open]


Tl;dr THE REAL REDPILL IS THAT NASA DOESNT WANT TO FIND LIFE

>> No.14852732

>>14852712
>would be fully justified
No, it would not. You don't make a confident assessment and declare anything either way, if you don't have enough information or the technology to get it.
Earth could be noted as being in the habitable zone of its star and flagged as a candidate for life, and then you wait for a good enough telescope to be made, and take a closer look

>> No.14852733

>>14852515
Cosmologists say it means we're at the center. Why are you denying science?

>> No.14852735

>>14852732
>No, it would not.
It would be, since they wouldn't have a single shred of evidence for life anywhere else in the universe, either. You sound severely retarded.

>> No.14852739

>>14852733
Cosmologists don't say that. Makers of religious pseudoscience propaganda choose to interpret it that way.

>> No.14852753
File: 22 KB, 326x272, 1662882884001773.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852753

>>14852480
Your assumption is that life elsewhere is any more advanced than us or the simple animals we've observed, that's what makes detection difficult, it's pretty hard to zoom in on cavemen 90 million lightyears away, even if they were on the same level of technogical advancement as us it could take hundreds to millions of years for any signals to arrive which could be drowned out by the immense amount of cosmic noise.

>> No.14852756

>>14852739
They literally said it, in their own words. Were they lying?

>> No.14852762

>>14852753
>Your assumption is that life elsewhere is any more advanced than us
I didn't make any assumptions whatsoever. You are really losing your mind. You are the only one who keeps spouting fantasies. I'm just reminding you there is not a single shred of evidence to support them.

>> No.14852781
File: 7 KB, 255x195, 3cfb6d22a27a8e79cfd79ad78732860bf88a1f5b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852781

>>14852347
Uh, this is a bit disturbing. The original Viking mission experiments did return positive for life, but the results were rejected because they couldn't find organic matter.
Now you're telling me they did?

Here's Gilbert Levin saying why the proof was rejected:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIPZayCEDA

>Gilbert Victor Levin was an American engineer, the founder of Biospherics and the principal investigator of the Viking mission Labeled Release experiment.

>In 1997, Levin published his conclusion that a 1976 Viking lander had discovered living microorganisms on Mars.

>> No.14852790 [DELETED] 
File: 2.79 MB, 1420x1422, soyjack.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852790

>>14852347
space

>> No.14852794

>>14852410
i've got no clue what is this fucking muttoid brain damage show me a fucking european country where majority of Christians believe in creationism

>> No.14852797

>>14852794
excluding orthodox i guess i'm not sure what they're up to

>> No.14852805

>>14852794
The Great Apostasy is rampant in Europe so they probably don't believe it.

>> No.14852816

>>14852790
well, it's brazilian so...

>> No.14852818

>>14852440
>universe being 13.8 billion
Debunked by JWST chud. We don't know much and most everything else is just theory.

>> No.14852822

>>14852762
Yet you're arguing as if someone here has claimed that they have direct evidence or proof of ayy lmaos. No one here has done that, so it's a weird strawman.
Pointing out the age and vastness of the universe, and humans' currently limited ability to study the rest of it, is not a fantasy. Seems like curiosity or open-mindedness offends you in some bizarre way
>call me back when there is some evidence, otherwise shut the fuck up and stop speculating
Calm down. This is not something that's worth having a manic episode over

>> No.14852825

>>14852818
JWST observed a galaxy that's 13.3 billion years old. Don't think that debunked anything

>> No.14852826

>>14852790
make die

>> No.14852827

>>14852347
>Not one post with source
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-s-perseverance-rover-investigates-geologically-rich-mars-terrain
Here you go lazy faggots.
>In 2013, NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover found evidence of organic matter in rock-powder samples, and Perseverance has detected organics in Jezero Crater before. But unlike that previous discovery, this latest detection was made in an area where, in the distant past, sediment and salts were deposited into a lake under conditions in which life could potentially have existed.
It's literally nothing but clickbait ad farm "news" orgs hyping up a nothing burger with OP being a clueless shit stirrer.

>> No.14852829

>>14852825
They observed a high-redshift object with the wrong composition to be that old, thus debunking one part of the current big bang model.

Your choices are:
1. Redshift is quantized and therefore doesn't represent an age measurement.
2. The universe is steady-state and thus older than you think.

>> No.14852833
File: 434 KB, 1080x1817, Screenshot_20220917-093436_Instagram.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14852833

>>14852347
They done did what?

>> No.14852835

>>14852781
>Now you're telling me they did?
No, they didn't back then and they didn't now
The Viking life detection experiment was so poorly thought out it's almost adorable in hindsight.

>> No.14852837

>>14852440
Is there any actual evidence for ayy lmaos at all? Not a smidge? Not a token? Not an eensy weensy bit? No? Huh, that seems to make life, especially complex life, fairly important!

>> No.14852838

>>14852833
Very big W for abiotic oil.

>> No.14852840

>>14852805
i thought it was common amongst all christians?
anyway, from what i understand, bible is written in such a way that common folk of 2000 years ago could understand it, so the God didn't literally come down to earth and made things (pretty sure God doesn't have a physical form at all?)
creation of light might mean big bang
a day might just mean a period of time between certain events
earth and sky might mean atmosphere and the outer layer of the planet or maybe stabilization of it i've got no clue what's the consensus on how the earth came to be
water and plants might mean a large body of ice hitting earth bringing liquid water to the surface of earth
sun etc. might mean the process of shaping the solar system into what it is today
the bible translations might also be imperfect, it's not that uncommon, no?
i don't know, interpreting bible literally as is is just a such fucking troglodyte double digit iq mouthbreathing thing to do from my point of view

>> No.14852844

>>14852840
Believe in a divine Creator is one of the foundational Christian doctrines, but many Western people who say they believe in God disbelieve in his most important miracles and doctrines.

You can see this reflected in how many people ordain women to preach.

>> No.14852846

>>14852373
Yep. People hear Nasa and think serious science guys, but they actually do quite a bit of clickbait announcements.

>> No.14852847

>>14852837
Not receiving obvious signals from alien technology doesn't mean much. If it's a planet with relatively simple life, it's going to be difficult or impossible for us to detect it right now, even if that life is plentiful.
If we assumed, for the sake of argument, that sure, earth has the only life in the universe, that would raise a bunch of other questions. Because as mentioned previously in this thread, earth occupies no particularly special place in the universe, and we haven't identified any reasons why life could arise here but nowhere else.

>> No.14852849

>>14852347
Can I get a non-popsci translation? Burn all journalists

>> No.14852852

>>14852822
>as if someone here has claimed
Are you sure you're in the right thread, retard?

>Pointing out the age and vastness of the universe, and humans' currently limited ability to study the rest of it, is not a fantasy
This is your purely subjective cope. Objectively speaking, there's not a single shred of evidence in favor of your position. What issue do you take with this observation?

>> No.14852866

>>14852844
>Believe in a divine Creator is one of the foundational Christian doctrines
divine creation doesn't necessarily conflict with big bang theory and evolution like i've tried to explain in my previous post
do protestants really think otherwise?
>You can see this reflected in how many people ordain women to preach.
not in my country, seems really silly to me

the more i know about Christianity farther west the more i understand why so many people don't like Christians

>> No.14852867

>>14852866
>the more i know about Christianity farther west the more i understand why so many people don't like Christians
Sadly our Christianity became decadent and abandoned the faith. There are still faithful people, but there are only rarely faithful priests and shepherds.

>> No.14852868

>>14852347
>>14852357
>>14852376
i feel the need to defend the kikes about this since this is not true at all.
there are many examples in the jewish mythology that abstract things that are out of this world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim
same for many other religions.
stop being a fucking cunt, i myself dont believe in higher power but people like you are unironically the biggest cultists

>> No.14852881

>>14852357
>Judaism
Wrong, literally written in the first chapter of the first book that God created the stars.
Several Rabbais concluded that if God indeed created those, than life must exist on them.
t. Yeshiva Jew.

>> No.14852883

>>14852881
Not a single rebbe agrees that god put extraterrestrial life on other stars

>> No.14852887

>>14852883
Simply wrong
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3012/jewish/Is-There-Life-on-Other-Planets.htm

>> No.14852918

>>14852881
You're getting paid to post in green shilling/COVID threads, aren't you?

>> No.14852938

>>14852357
Islam actually allows for the existence of aliens.

>> No.14853385

>>14852640
>Or that Jews are conspiring to breed out white people by manipulating immigrants to settle in European countries?

Anon... You know this is true

>> No.14853389

>>14852352
Isn't there some claim that there's diamond on other planets like neptune? By your definition isn't that organic matter? So this is nothing new.

>> No.14853436

>>14852918
We don't believe in the climate fraud or the covid scam.

>> No.14853439
File: 745 KB, 680x458, 1635327653317.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14853439

>>14852347
>one step closer to proving life outside earth actually exist

Let's fucking go!

>> No.14853556

>>14852347
I want real aliens with high-tech and stuff, not some stupid unicellular organism

>> No.14853558
File: 23 KB, 1500x1500, 186 - angry glasses mustache open_mouth soyjak stubble template variant feraljak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14853558

>I want real aliens with high-tech and stuff

>> No.14853559

>>14852849
>non-popsci translation
See >>14852827 >>14852833
Straight from NASA
>>14853439
>life outside earth actually exist
>Actually believing this
Lol
>>14853556
>I want real aliens
If that's what you want then you're probably going to be disappointed since aliens don't exist outside the realm of science-fiction.

>> No.14853639

>>14852849
>space nerds find 'cool rock'

>> No.14853806

>>14853558
i do not care about some microscopic space worms. sorry that you feel different about this

>> No.14853911

>>14852347
>>14852352
>>14852349
Christcucks hold so much power over science even the big bang was an idea dreamed up by a religious fanatic who then tried to establish a scientific basis for it because it satisfied his judeo-christian-muslim mythology. I have come to believe the big bang theory is a load of shit.

>> No.14854157

>>14852347
nasa deceive people

>> No.14854296

>>14852756
>source: my ass

>> No.14854303

>>14852829
>wrong composition to be that old
or this is a wrong guess.
hand-wavy af

>> No.14854644

>>14854303
The theory surrounding the Big Bang demands the galaxy be different than it is. If it's really that old and redshift isn't quantized then all their math about the early universe is false.

>> No.14854648

>>14852347
God put life on Mars to test your faith

>> No.14855285

>>14852347

FFS I HATE ROBOTS

HUMAN COLONISATION MISSIONS WHEN?

>> No.14855287

>>14854296
You can just watch the documentaries about the CMB. They're on film.

>> No.14855314

>>14855287
Would you pls post a link if you know of a good vid on this? It is intriguing.

>> No.14855319

>>14855314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnwl22hxiE

>> No.14855332

>>14855319
thanks anon

>> No.14855346 [DELETED] 
File: 114 KB, 634x768, Narcissus-Caravaggio_(1594-96)_edited_by_niggers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14855346

>>14852347
>science vs religion thread
why do scientists hate god? is it the prohibition on lying or the prohibition on masturbation and other forms of narcissistic self love?

>> No.14855347

>>14855346
Why not both?

>> No.14855364

>>14855346
I think Caravaggio got it right.

>> No.14855730

>>14853389
>Different forms (allotropes) of pure carbon, such as diamond, graphite, fullerenes, and carbon nanotubes are also excluded because they are simple substances composed of only a single element and therefore are not generally considered to be chemical compounds.

>> No.14855885

>>14852347
>organic matter
C ?

>> No.14855915
File: 7 KB, 244x206, images[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14855915

>>14855319
>Catholic theologian
>Galileo was wrong

>> No.14856002

>>14852410
>It is understood from some expressions in the Quran that some beings that were held responsible like human beings were lived in the world before human beings. However, it is not possible to say something definite about what kind of beings they were.

>“We created man from sounding clay, from mud molded into shape; And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.” (al-Hijr, 15/26-27)

>According to Ibn Kathir, the hinn belongs together with the jinn to those creatures who shed blood on earth before humankin

Just go home and be quiet

>> No.14856005

>>14852347
>organic matter
There are shit tons of ways to create these in non-biological settings you monk
An example is hydrothermal alteration of rocks creating H2 and reacting with CO or CO2

>> No.14856024

>>14852347

Organic matter =/= life. OP is a retard.

Also abiogensisis has never been proven and it is mathematically impossible.

>> No.14856251

>>14856024
The most complex organic chemical we have proof of being produced abiogenically is petroleum. Sadly it's far from a building block of life.

>> No.14856420

>>14852410
What a display of absolute ignorance. There are religions where universes are continuously being created. Even the judeochristian creation myth allows for interpretations where this universe is only a fruit in the three of knowledge, that has infinite fruits to allow to experience everything that is good and everything that is evil.

>> No.14856432
File: 34 KB, 600x800, atheism-statism-comic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14856432

>> No.14857155 [DELETED] 
File: 140 KB, 735x680, see.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14857155

>>14852347
>>14852352
>>14852357

>> No.14857309

>>14857155
Abortion is murder and I still support it, deal with is christfag.

>> No.14857377

>>14857309
I also support abortion if it's for blacks only

>> No.14857416

>>14857155
sopher clamp goes brr

>> No.14858375

Damn, why are atheists so fucking annoying on the internet?

>> No.14858391
File: 57 KB, 680x573, 1663294297683856.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14858391

>>14858375

>> No.14858396
File: 521 KB, 828x616, abortion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14858396

>>14857309
Child murderers aka leftists deserve to be shot.

>> No.14858433

>>14857377
this
predestination is the way

>> No.14859289

>>14852347
WTF, MICROBES WERE FOUND ON MARS?
HOLY SHIT, I'M AN ATHEIST NOW

>> No.14859305

>>14857155
The fetus constitutes life, but I don't care. Let the woman evict that thing out of her property. I am pro landlords.
>>14857309
Unironically based
>>14858396
My gf is fiscally conservative i.e. right-wing and she had an abortion a few years ago. Cope retard, I am going to bust a nut in her again

>> No.14859336

>>14858396
>Child murderers deserve to be shot.
fixed that for you

>> No.14859342

>>14859336
>leftists deserve to be shot
Yes, that's what he said.

>> No.14859346

>>14852373
>>Remember when they found organic gas on Venus clouds? It turned out to be a mistake
Nothing has been conclusively proven. There is presently no "turns out" in this story.

>> No.14859355

>>14852657
>-alien says to the other
>you don't have a SHRED of evidence that there is any life on that planet
And he'd be objectively correct.

>> No.14859360

>>14852728
NASA
>oooh noo those evil religious extremists will blow us up if we find life anywhere else
religious extremists
>god put life on mars too? god is great!

get over the paranoid shit, nobody cares.

>> No.14859370
File: 105 KB, 641x530, 1647051050731b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14859370

>>14852347
'matter' by it's nature is 'organic'

>> No.14859383

>>14852373
I remember in the 90s when they claimed to have found worm fossils in Mars rocks. It came up again in 2020. Seems like the stories just get recycled every couple of decades.

>> No.14859426
File: 441 KB, 850x618, 1641026851811.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14859426

>>14859383
>worm fossils on mars rocks in the 90s
No. Not worms. What they found was smaller than even regular bacteria, let alone worms:
>The structures found on ALH84001 are 20–100 nanometres in diameter, similar in size to theoretical nanobacteria, but smaller than any cellular life known at the time of their discovery.

Pic related is what they were talking about in 2020, these are actually a size plausibly created by worms, a few millimeters large. Completely different from what they found in the 90s. Not even in the same ballpark.

>> No.14859433

>>14859370
Wrong, retard.

>> No.14859443

>>14859305
>My gf is fiscally conservative i.e. right-wing and she had an abortion a few years ago.

your gf is a whore

>> No.14859450

>>14859305
>My gf is fiscally conservative i.e. right-wing
Your gf is a neocon boomer retard.

>> No.14859478

>>14859450
not him but
you dont know what neocons are, retard
neocons tend to be very anti-fiscally conservative in practice, see george bush

>> No.14859484

>>14859443
I was ok with it. Cope retard
>>14859450
>pro abortion
>neoCON
Neocons are still conservative retard, literally go on any neocon forum and ask them what they think about the overturning of Roe v. Wade, they cheer for it. They simply disagree with the current GOP on policies such on national defense, interventionism and fiscal protectionism
>boomer
She is 25
>retard
Nah she is smart

>> No.14859485

>>14859478
No shit, and so is his gf. self-describing as "fiscally conservative" is the defining neocon meme, it's what makes them who they are
>but they aren't actually what they claim
NO SHIT RETARD

>> No.14859487

>>14859478
>neocons tend to be very anti-fiscally conservative in practice, see george bush
Differentiate between the politicians and the electorate. The electorate is fiscally conservative except for military spending since it is deemed "necessary" by them.

>> No.14859501

>>14859487
>The electorate is fiscally conservative
kek no way
who actually believes this anymore?
everyone wants free shit and thinks the government can magically take care of them by printing more money and getting into more debt

>> No.14859505

>>14859484
>Neocons are still conservative
They're not fiscally conservative, which he's just explained to you.

>ask them what they think about the overturning of Roe v. Wade, they cheer for it
That's technically not a conservative position, either. lol

>> No.14859538
File: 144 KB, 980x612, Dream of Arcadia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14859538

>>14852347
That just means we get to justify colonialism through the mandate of spreading Christ's word once again. It's pretty based and I'm not seething the least. Heaven on every Earths.

>> No.14859541

>>14859505
>That's technically not a conservative position, either. lol
k
>They're not fiscally conservative, which he's just explained to you.
Except they are
>>14859501
>everyone wants free shit and thinks the government can magically take care of them by printing more money and getting into more debt
Yeah and those are called democrats, at least in the USA. Here we call them differently
>>14859485
>self-describing as "fiscally conservative"
Point out where I said she "self-describe" lol, I know who she votes for and I know her ideas on taxes and spending, retard

>> No.14859548

>>14859541
>Except they are
Mentally ill quadrijabber.

>> No.14859553

>>14859548
Here's your (You)

>> No.14859555

>>14859553
Keep posting and making your functionally illiterate ilk look deranged.

>> No.14859559

>>14859541
>Yeah and those are called democrats
kek you're retarded
republicans are almost exactly the same
George Bush was more leftist than Clinton. Trump was more leftist than Obama.

>> No.14859560

>>14859555
(You)

>> No.14859564

>>14859559
Gr8 b8 m8

>> No.14859574

>>14859564
What bait? You think trump was a fiscal conservative?
You think his supporters are? lmfao

>> No.14859609

>>14859574
No and no
>George Bush was more leftist than Clinton. Trump was more leftist than Obama.
Is still retarded

>> No.14859901

>>14859609
trump spend more money than obama
even before covid

>> No.14860311

>>14852510
>the universe is unimaginably big and old
>life has only occurred once
>this means we aren't special somehow
Hehehe...
Yep, this is going in my discord server.

>> No.14860342

>>14860311
They won't even accept it when all the famous atheist cosmologists can admit that the CMB violates the Copernican Principle.

>> No.14862474

>>14852347
God put it there.

>> No.14863456

why does life on mars invalidate other religions again?

>> No.14863475
File: 69 KB, 452x363, 3524344.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14863475

>>14863456
Because my dogma is the only true dogma.

>> No.14863478

>>14863475
Christianity in particular seems pretty open to the concept of aliums tho

>> No.14863480

>>14863478
Okay, but my dogma is not open to the concept of Christianity.

>> No.14863499

>>14863456
It invalidate the old religious conceptions of the universe where the earth was all that existed in the physical realm and there was nothing below the ground or above the skies.
Religions, especially christianity, will do anything to stay relevant and adapt to new discoveries. It shouldn't have survived the debunking of nearly all of its dogmas about the universe, the earth and humanity but it did. So I guess it'll find a way to tell us that alien life is completely fine within its belief system.

>> No.14863501

>>14863499
All that must be really baffling to a mouth breather who thinks religious texts are supposed to function as objective accounts of reality like his soience dogma.

>> No.14863508

>>14852881
Sup jew bro, have you read Nitzavim already? Hope you did

>> No.14863536

>>14863480
sure but nobody really cares about your dogma after you repeatedly demonstrate your need to make strong claims about things you didn't read

>> No.14863540

>>14852887
>>14852881
lmao
even jews have cucked out

>> No.14863548

>>14863540
biblically speaking the earth is flat, so aliens like hollywood made you believe don't exist, they're just demons

>> No.14863619
File: 31 KB, 614x500, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14863619

>>14852347
>What’s the next cope for religiontards?
Oh no, NASA found le heckin biological thing no one can verify in some desert like land on Earth

anyway, see pic

>> No.14863748

>>14852347
Organic matter isn't life you fucking über retard.

>> No.14863768

>>14863619
Mormonism is literally a sex cult though.
How are their numbers so low?

>> No.14864078

>>14852347
obviously the LORD put life on mars

>> No.14864307

Satan put it there to decieve you and take you away from the path of God and it's working

>> No.14864373
File: 70 KB, 640x572, 4chan mods.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14864373

>>14852347
>religion vs science thread
>+179 replies and 17 images omitted. Click here to view
religion vs science threads are banned on this board, why isn't jannie cleaning it up?
chop chop jannie

>> No.14864378

>>14864373
>Jannies
>Doing their job
You get what you pay for. Only reason they janny at all is to power trip on their favourite boards

>> No.14864869

>>14852781
they decided the Wolf Trap was badly designed when it signaled positive for life. they would not have done that if it signaled negative. there's a very strong bias against extraterrestrial life among scientists.

>> No.14865434

>>14852347
carbon-containing matter =/= life, retard

>> No.14865541

>>14865434
You should explain this to the crazies who believe oil and coal are fossil fuels.

>> No.14865767

>>14863619
>atheism is le bad because of muh fertility
IQ test captchas on /sci/ when

>> No.14865775

>>14865767
If atheism is good, why does nature cull your genes?

>> No.14865783

>>14852446
And judaism is "error-corrected" zoroastrism

>> No.14865788

>>14865775
Believing in the truth sometimes is not the most convenient way of life, brainlet-kun ;-(

>> No.14865792

>>14865788
Why does nature cull your "good" genes, though?

>> No.14865799

>>14865792
Because believing that nothing exploded and created something is contrary to reality, and self-delusion induces stress and reduces sexual fitness.

>> No.14865801

>>14852357
>Christianity, Judaism, Islam
All of these religions accept that life can exist on other planets.
Islam in fact openly states there is life on other worlds and Earth is just one creations of God in heavens.

>> No.14865814

>>14863499
>Religions, especially christianity, will do anything to stay relevant and adapt to new discoveries.

Christianity and Islam were always open to idea of life on other worlds. They took this concept from Greek philosophy.
First theologicians who advocated this go back to 13th century IIRC.
Quran literally has statements about other worlds than Earth in first pages.

>> No.14865830

>>14852352
so the universe is alive?

>> No.14866079

>>14852347
>>14852352
> i'm not aware
you only had to write this

>> No.14866519

>>14852352
this.
fuck clickbait retards.

>> No.14866527

>>14852347
Anyone remembers
> muh life on Venus
news?

>> No.14866543

>>14865767
>the purpose of evolution is survival and reproduction... except when it makes my team lose, then it has no purpose

>> No.14866544

>>14866543
>survival and reproduction is le good b-b-because it just is, okay??
This is what religitards actually believe. Wow. Just wow. Learn antinatalism, retard.

>> No.14866558

>>14865767
>IQ test captchas on /sci/
>MENSA partners with 4channel with CERN funding to create the first IQ captcha for image boards
>3 days since implementation, starting set limit = 120 IQ

>college related questions disappear
>wojaks disappear
>coom bait threads disappear
>frog posting is cut by half
>anime posting disappears except in math general
>homework questions disappears
>stealth pol threads disappear

>set limit increased to 140 IQ

>climate change threads disappear
>maths, chemistry and physics general are still the same
>space general disappears
>0.999... ≠ 1 threads disappear
>anti-religion threads disappear

>set limit increased to 160 IQ

>astronomy threads disappear
>evolution threads disappear
>flat earth threads still going
>academia depression green text threads still going

>> No.14866562

>>14865788
>truth does not always correspond to reality because my mind knows better

>> No.14866567

>>14865792
shhh, don't call atheists dysgenic subhumans anon

>> No.14866568

>>14866562
Of all the people who have replied to me, you are perhaps the most retarded one.
Read the reply chain again, carefully.

>> No.14866575

>>14866567
Ummm sweaty, we are eugenic and more evolved that religious monkeys which is why we are antinatalists.

>> No.14866578

>>14866558
> Im smart and whay I think is for smart people so i made this story up to prove my point!!!!!
You are autistic

>> No.14866600
File: 32 KB, 1050x576, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14866600

>>14866575
>was getting to a stage of consciousness that can decide your species and self future just to choose to never reproduce anymore and just allow your atoms to be recycled into metaphysical poop part of your plan?

>> No.14866610

>>14866568
>Of all the people who have replied to me, you are perhaps the most retarded one.
I'd never be able to surpass the master (you)

>> No.14866611

>>14866600
Ummmmmmmm sweaty? Evolution doesn't have a plan.

>> No.14866663

>religion vs. science thread
BANNED IMMEDIATELY
>science vs religion thread
i sleep

4chan is blatantly a globohomo propaganda outlet barely disguised as a lightly moderated anything goes imageboard

>> No.14866681

>>14866663
They even deleted my meme
https://archived.moe/sci/thread/14852347/#14857155

>> No.14866683

>>14866663
>NOOOO WHY IS THE SCIENCE BOARD BIASED TOWARDS... science?
yikes...

>> No.14866718

>>14866683
>yikes...
>>>/r/lgbt
>>>/r/teenagers
>>>/r/npcs

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action