[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 79 KB, 1024x683, 14child-vaccines1-jumbo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14838203 No.14838203 [Reply] [Original]

https://web.archive.org/web/20220715000606/https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/14/health/childhood-vaccination-rates-decline.html/

>> No.14838216

>>14838203
OP here. I think the pandemic waiting lists and delays are a poor excuse. We would have caught up by now. People aren't interested.

For what it's worth my wife and I decided to hold off on giving our two youngest any of their vaccines until the pandemic craziness is over. Our doctor and herbalist (ivy league grad) opened up to us about some concerns she has about the systemic safety issues and the medical industry's blindness to the risks.

She says more and more parents are choosing to delay or simply seek alternative measures such as bolstering natural immunity after watching the way scientists and governments rushed out a first its type to market vaccine and pressured people into taking it.

We've started critically examining the role of medicine but also technology in our lives, especially as relates to us deferring responsibility to so called experts. I guess we were surprised by the caviler attitudes shown towards people's individual health requirements. It just seemed so ruthless and unreasonable, but also slightly hysterical. Having discussed it with other parents in our area it seems to be a very common sentiment.

We do plan on giving our kids the MMR vaccine when they are a few years older though, so we aren't totally against vaccination. Just my two cents on why we are choosing to delay, but I'm curious to hear if /sci/ has any other explanations for the huge decline?

>> No.14838227

>>14838203
push push push push push

>> No.14838259

>>14838216
>We do plan on giving our kids the MMR vaccine when they are a few years older though, so we aren't totally against vaccination. Just my two cents on why we are choosing to delay, but I'm curious to hear if /sci/ has any other explanations for the huge decline?
I'm skeptical about that one most of all. The MMR is the one most alleged to cause autism, and it's also the only childhood vaccine I wasn't allowed to take (due to a hereditary allergy to one of the ingredients). I only got it when I was going to college but all my life I never encountered any of those diseases despite living in a high-traffic area for foreigners.

>> No.14838263

>>14838259
Not that I'm saying not to get it. It didn't give me autism when I was 18 lmao (though obviously that's a little late for neurological issues to develop in somebody) but I'm more glad I had the chickenpox vaccine than the MMR.

>> No.14838483

>>14838263
>It didn't give me autism when I was 18 lmao
Anon, I...

>> No.14838662

>>14838216
>but I'm curious to hear if /sci/ has any other explanations for the huge decline?
What is the 'huge' decline? 3 percent?
>The percentage of children worldwide who had received three doses of the vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, known as DTP3 — which Unicef uses as a benchmark for immunization coverage fell five points between 2019 and 2021, to 81 percent. Measles vaccination rates also fell to 81 percent
Looks like it.
>About 26 percent of Brazilian infants had received no vaccines in 2021, compared with 13 percent in 2018.
Mostly a third-world issue, it seems.

>>14838263
>(though obviously that's a little late for neurological issues to develop in somebody
Why would it be a little too late? Most neurological issues develop in adulthood, otherwise Alzheimer and Parkinson's would not be a thing. The MMR vaccine doesn't 'cause' autism. I thought we were over that hill with screeching parents and practicians who wanted to cash in on vaccine damage claims.

>> No.14838732

>>14838203

Remember how everybody was saying MRNA was amazing new technology and covid would be over once everybody took 2 shots.
Then covid was not over at all. Then the MRNA vaccines only provided coverage for like 3 months then the supposed amazing MRNA technology that was supposed to be able to be changed in a couple of months did not change once in years despite endless new variants arriving.

I mean you cant just expect to fuck up so badly for so long and not to have people start to ask questions.

It was the absolute classic case of over promise under deliver.

Also a classic case of pour tons of money into something until you have a half solution then just go with that and never invest any more money into it.

A new covid vaccine now is incredibly risky as its so unlikely many people will try a whole new line of vaccines at this point. Also since it takes years to study it, its just not going to ever have the funding behind it the first ones did. So here we are, with a over promised under delivered vaccine that took away peoples trust, and an economic situation where it wont be worth it for companies to fix this problem.

>> No.14838735

><statistic> depends heavily on credibility of <institution>
><institution> flushes its credibility down the toilet by repeatedly lying in the name of <Current Thing>
><statistic> mysteriously plummets
many such cases

>> No.14838843

>>14838203
The covid vax push destroyed the credibility of vaccines as a whole, it's that simple.

>> No.14839051

>>14838843
people finally woke up to the contagion vaccine scam

>> No.14839090
File: 381 KB, 2544x4000, 2342532.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14838203
Because cattle are cattle, whether they're pro or anti-clotshot. Take a cattlehead, tell it repeatedly that its an "antivaxxer" and sooner or later it will adopt your construct as its new identity and become a useful boogeyman for your medical totalitarianism cause to rally against.

>> No.14839096

>>14838203
>TRUST THE PLAN....
>I MEAN, THE SCIENCE!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQYTb9DwKjQ

>> No.14839097
File: 55 KB, 580x326, 165354624352354.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14838216
it start in israel right before the omicron, see the red scary column second from the left?
it literally say "critically ill and mortality", you also have the PIMS cases which have magically gone after a few weeks.
this table was intended to assess risks between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated at the ages specified there, after people saw this it was the end of the kids vaccination campaign

>> No.14839112

>>14838216
>MMR vaccine
You're a moron

Give the tetanus and polio vaccine at most. All my ancestors got measles and they're fine.

>> No.14839145

>>14838662
>About 26 percent of Brazilian infants had received no vaccines in 2021, compared with 13 percent in 2018.
Based Brazil keep doing the right thing

Brazil will be the next superpower

>> No.14839517

>>14838843
This
>>14839090
Meds

>> No.14839603

>>14839517
Why are you losing your mind, cattle?

>> No.14839679

>>14838216
I think the pandemic and the mRNA vaccines are a major reason why some parents are opting out of vaccinating their children. I never had any reason to question vaccination; it wasn't until the government decided to mandate it that I started doing my own research. Governments and big pharma may have shot themselves in the foot.

>> No.14839688

>>14838662
>The MMR vaccine doesn't 'cause' autism. I thought we were over that hill with screeching parents and practicians who wanted to cash in on vaccine damage claims.
Given the lies about the mRNA vaccines, I wouldn't be surprised if we're not getting honest information in regards to autism and vaccination. I also suspect that it's not so much one vaccine that is dangerous, but giving dozens of them within the first year of life. At least from a common sense standpoint, that's a huge amount of immuno stimulation.

>> No.14839814

>>14839688
This. We know that autism is at least in some cases caused by metabolic shock. An autoimmune reaction from adjuvants or multi-virus shots has a high chance of being the cause.

>> No.14839840
File: 283 KB, 1241x866, 1643470159990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14838203

Because they are increasingly recognized as poison.

>Sars-CoV-2 Spike Protein Activates Human Endogenous Retroviruses ( HERV-W )

>https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/394819504

>https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=HERV-W

>> No.14839853

>>14839688
>>14839679
Honestly who even knows at this point. It's really an awkward situation when you realize there is zero reason to trust any of the entities held up by the media as being worthy of trust. It's not like I want to drop all medicine and go back to the stone age, but it's safe to say if these fuckers tell me to take another vaccine, I'm doing the opposite.

>> No.14839859

>>14839688
>Given the lies about the mRNA vaccines
Association fallacy.
>>14839814
>We know that autism is at least in some cases caused by metabolic shock
I don't think this has ever been shown to be true. Such anecdotal evidence, most of which are based on singularly attestations and studies that do not clearly differentiate between causative and concomitant factors, clearly don't suffice in establishing a link. Moreover, if a set of autistic symptoms is caused by a metabolic shock or an autoimmune reaction, it immediately stops being autism and would instead be classified as an autoimmune disorder causing autism-like behavioral features, meaning that the autism diagnosis itself would become irrelevant beyond maybe getting services.

Ignoring here the numerous large-scale studies that have shown no association between the diagnosis of autism and MMR vaccinations, arguing that vaccines 'cause' autism is a deliberate misuse of language since you ultimately substitute a psychiatric for an immunological diagnosis and vice versa. It would be a different story altogether if you were inquiring about the effect of vaccination on child development and skill acquisition via a vector of causative agents, but given the fuzzy and incoherent definition of autism, it's very clear that most autism diagnoses (at least 90 to 95 % according to numerous studies) cannot be the result of some immunological or metabolical issue caused by vaccines. Again, for the average Joe out there, saying 'vaccines cause autism' or 'can cause it' is akin to saying that 'all autism is caused by vaccines' and the latter is obviously false.

>> No.14839867

>>14839859
Paid shill.

>> No.14839872

>>14839814
>We know that autism is at least in some cases caused by
Yeah no. Nobody knows what causes autism in any cases. There are many hypotheses tho.

>> No.14839901

>>14839859
I try to maintain a reasonable discussion here. I did not yet allude to the issue that the progenitor of the 'vaccine-autism' claim, Wakefield, has taken a lot of money via lawyers, around 200,000 pounds, who represented families who themselves were interested in filing in damage claims for their child's autism diagnosis. Wakefield has specifically manipulated the data to give the families' lawyer a scientific study that could be used in court to support their cause, meaning that the families could cash in on said damage claims. That also happened in the USA. Back in 2000, no vaccine damage claims were filled in that linked autism to the MMR. In 2003, there were 2,000 such claims. Why? Because, for better or worse, some lawyers and the families they represent very well understood that they could potentially cash in big on such vaccine damage claims. And then, ordinary anti-vaccine activists have started using that argument to recruit parents who blamed themselves for their child's 'autism'. Now with that, parents had no reason to blame their genes or their habits or their capabilities as a mother or father. The clearly unwanted child was broken by the doctor, most likely the same guy who also redirected the child to some autism center to get it diagnosed there. Kill the messenger, as we all know. And because autism diagnoses are easy to get and not provable by any biological test, potentially every family could fill in such damage claims. It's very clear how anti-vaccine activists came to target autism. It couldn't have been any other condition.

>> No.14839922
File: 107 KB, 1024x576, p0cj5l79.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14839901
Will your organization hire me?

>> No.14839927

>>14839922
No arguments?

>> No.14840059

Vaccines cause autism, rate of vaccinations in early age correlate with rise in autism and other things, you can't say we are still getting better at detecting it, eventually there will be 1 in 20 people who have autism 50 years from now due to increases in vaccinations at an early age.

>> No.14840062

>>14840059
It's all the metals in vaccines that accumulate during early childhood which stunt and damage brain growth in the brain and cause autism.

>> No.14840074

>>14840059
>rate of vaccinations in early age
Nearly 100%
>correlate with rise in autism
also correlates with rise in transsexuality. Vaccines cause troons.

>> No.14840151

>use the efficacy of other vaccines to sell covid vaccine
>covid vaccine is a complete failure

>> No.14840160
File: 50 KB, 681x596, 335324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14839927
I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm trying to get a new job.

>> No.14840247

>>14840059
> rate of vaccinations in early age correlate with rise in autism and other things, you can't say we are still getting better at detecting it
Source?

>> No.14840271

>>14839859
>Association fallacy.
It's not an association, it's literally the same groups of people (FDA, CDC, Pfizer, etc) approving the mRNA vaccines who pushed for the childhood vaccination schedules. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Given their manipulation of the information regarding the mRNA vaccines, I feel like they have a much greater burden of proof to show the others are safe. They created the situation.

>Ignoring here the numerous large-scale studies that have shown no association between the diagnosis of autism and MMR vaccinations
Large scale studies showed the mRNA vaccines didn't cause myocarditis...until they did.

>> No.14840281

>>14840271
So let us know when any study that's not made up shows an association between autism and MMR. Until then, we'll keep saying nuh-uh.

>> No.14840288

>>14840271
>It's not an association
It is. You make the ungrounded assocation that because you think a product was rushed, every similar product must have been rushed too. That's literally the definition of an association fallacy.
>approving the mRNA vaccines who pushed for the childhood vaccination schedules.
Now, it's clear that you get your info from infowars because it's the federal government and the health bureau, not pharmaceutical companies, that create childhood vaccination schedules.
>I feel like they have a much greater burden of proof to show the others are safe
Because of that, you are now suspicious of vaccines that have been in use for decades, some of them for more than a hundred years, for which we have clear data about their long-term impact?
>Large scale studies showed the mRNA vaccines didn't cause myocarditis...until they did.
What study showed that mRNA vaccines cause myocarditis? Are we again using anecdotal evidence to refute large-scale studies that have found no such association? Also again, association fallacy. Because you're scared about the mRNA vaccines, you now automatically believe that the MMR vaccine must cause autism, because it just must despite the fact that numerous large-scale studies show that the autism rates of unvaccinated and vaccinated children are practically identical. I would also like to know how via what biological pathways vaccines cause autism when such biological pathways have never been identified? Do you think professional scientists would just miss out on autoimmune disorders if they were found in every autistic child or is it just another conspiracy?

>> No.14840310

>>14840281
>we'll keep saying nuh-uh.
>we
Your buddies are on other platforms. Here you are alone and hated by basically everyone.

>> No.14840311

>>14840288
I mean, I forget that I'm mostly talking to Americans. Every little thing must turn into a huge controversy. Be that the rigged election in 2020, Q-Anon, race war, jews, lizard people in the government, obviously autism, asthma, peanut allergies, cancer etc. must all be caused by vaccines because, god forbid, people earlier couldn't possibly have had them and were extremely healthy. That's why the average life expectancy was 40 in 1900. The Covid jab causes myocarditis, palsy, it contains nanoparticles that control your brain, they can be remotely controlled by 5G, 5g antennas sterilize you and cause brain cancer.

>> No.14840316
File: 38 KB, 467x264, 32523423.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14840311
>the average life expectancy was 40 in 1900
lol. You're a dumb shill with zero critical thinking skills.

>> No.14840334

>>14840316
>lol. You're a dumb shill with zero critical thinking skills.
Again, no argument. All you can do is post basedak memes like the unemployed /pol/-tard you are. I bet. your inability to hold down jobs and your lack of social skills is also the government's fault, isn't it? Or it's the black guy's fault or the jews?

>> No.14840336

>>14840334
Why are you projecting, incel?

>> No.14840339

>>14840288
I don't think you know what an association fallacy is. That's when you claim a person is guilty because of someone they associate with. In this case, the people I'm calling into question are in many instances the exact same people who approved the childhood vaccine schedule. It's not guilty by association, it's literally the same people.

>That's literally the definition of an association fallacy.
So you really are misusing it, great.

>Now, it's clear that you get your info from infowars because it's the federal government and the health bureau, not pharmaceutical companies, that create childhood vaccination schedules.
Oh, the FDA and CDC aren't government organizations?

>Because of that, you are now suspicious of vaccines that have been in use for decades, some of them for more than a hundred years, for which we have clear data about their long-term impact?
More than a hundred years? The fuck are you talking about? Variolation? The first true vaccine was created in 1963.

>What study showed that mRNA vaccines cause myocarditis? Are we again using anecdotal evidence to refute large-scale studies that have found no such association?
You're not even trying to have a rational debate, are you?

>> No.14840340

>>14840336
>Why are you projecting, incel?

>> No.14840344

>>14840339
>trying to reason with the WEF shill
how new are you?

>> No.14840387

>>14840339
>I don't think you know what an association fallacy is. That's when you claim a person is guilty because of someone they associate with.
No, not really. Please, read up on it if you want to challenge me on that. But that actually misses the point.
>the people I'm calling into question are in many instances the exact same people who approved the childhood vaccine schedule.
I'm aware. You don't agree with their approval of the covid vaccine. Obviously, you question if any of the vaccines they approved were as useful or harmless as advertised. The problem? You're right and wrong. You're right about the corruption and about the credibility, but you're ultimately still wrong because a flawed approval process does not in itself prove that vaccines approved prior to the Covid jab have negative effects for which we have hard data now anyway.
>Oh, the FDA and CDC aren't government organizations?
Yet, you claimed it's also pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer. See your comment >>14840271
> it's literally the same groups of people (FDA, CDC, Pfizer, etc) approving the mRNA vaccines who pushed for the childhood vaccination schedules
I don't see how Pfizer could have directly participated in it. Obviously, they lobby. Why wouldn't they? Any industry lobbies. Simultaneously however, you fail at mentioning that while the whole standard vaccine program is a 7 billion dollar industry, your friend, anti-vaxxers and alternative medicine, also cash in millions.
>Variolation? The first true vaccine was created in 1963.
So, I figure, all the vaccine programs prior to 1963 were not true vaccines then. Not a dose of substantially weakened or even unfunctional viruses?
>You're not even trying to have a rational debate, are you?
I am sorry. You have shown no proof whatsoever. What studies prove it? Anecdotal evidence on your facebook feed is not hard evidence.

>> No.14840399
File: 55 KB, 640x880, 3252343.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14840387
>Obviously, they lobby. Why wouldn't they?
I guess you've given up on trying to hide who you are and why you're posting. lol

>> No.14840446

>>14840310
Joke's on you. This whole thread is just me samefagging.

>> No.14840637

>>14840387
>but you're ultimately still wrong because a flawed approval process does not in itself prove that vaccines approved prior to the Covid jab have negative effects for which we have hard data now anyway.
I never said it proved that, I said they should have to go through the scrutiny of proving they're safe since it's now obvious that they're willing to obfuscate the truth. Once you lie, you no longer have the benefit of being perceived as trustworthy.

>Yet, you claimed it's also pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer. See your comment >>14840271
Yes, it's all of them, so why in the world would you act like I didn't mention multiple government organizations?

>I am sorry. You have shown no proof whatsoever. What studies prove it? Anecdotal evidence on your facebook feed is not hard evidence.
And you're an obvious troll. I shouldn't have to produce evidence when the CDC and other health organizations have admitted myocarditis risk is elevated in young males, which we were assured wouldn't be the case after the initial roll out. You're obviously aware of this, so why are you going to play dumb? Just to waste my time?

>> No.14840650

>>14839859
>I don't think this has ever been shown to be true. Such anecdotal evidence, most of which are based on singularly attestations and studies that do not clearly differentiate between causative and concomitant factors, clearly don't suffice in establishing a link. Moreover, if a set of autistic symptoms is caused by a metabolic shock or an autoimmune reaction, it immediately stops being autism and would instead be classified as an autoimmune disorder causing autism-like behavioral features, meaning that the autism diagnosis itself would become irrelevant beyond maybe getting services.
IIRC this was largely proven in the suramin autism study at caltech.

>> No.14841644

>>14840311
You will likely be the first to kill themselves when the majority of what you have mentioned is proven true in the coming decades. "lizard people in government" is actually true I can assure you. Please adjust/remove entirely your overton window.

>> No.14841929

>>14838203
> vaccination
not science, shill

>> No.14844292
File: 1.74 MB, 1408x4320, toxic_shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14840311
>That's why the average life expectancy was 40 in 1900

Wrong.
The reason why the life expectancy was so low because it was the AVERAGE life expectancy.

With the rise of Allopathic Medicine they introduced a shitton of arsenic & mercury based medicine alongside with strong opiates and sedatives as "symptom supressors".

> mercury teething powder for the children
> beginning of "hospital birthing" because of the marketing "painless birth" which was acutally
> give the women in labor or who are breastfeeding opium and ether
> which caused neurological damage in the newborns
> which then died with 0 years old (hence decreasing the average age of lief expectancy)
> the oversusage of petrochemical derived "medicine" lead to death
> especcially in children because
> "if symptoms don't go away just take more opium"
> thats it
> picrel

>> No.14844303
File: 2.32 MB, 832x412, 1658749346695013 (1).webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14840311
Oh here an illustration of the spraying of pesticides like DDT, Paris green and other stuff back in the days

>> No.14844313

>>14838203
Disinformation is winning. Vax ALL the kids or Trump will get the nuclear codes

>> No.14844314

>>14838732
>Remember how everybody was saying MRNA was amazing new technology and covid would be over once everybody took 2 shots.

>MRNA curing cancer, chronic pain, IBS? It's more likely than you think!
They seriously got ahead of themselves with that one

>> No.14844776
File: 57 KB, 480x712, 1628030600323.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14844292
Who the fuck puts mercury in their children?

Back in the days people were really dumb.
This does not make sense to compare this with vaccines.
There is no mercury in vaccines.
Its just dead virus or mrna.

>> No.14846825
File: 771 KB, 1176x3520, flu_Poison.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14844776

>> No.14846833

>>14839859
>numerous large-scale studies that have shown no association between the diagnosis of autism and MMR vaccinations
Right, studies
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39054778

>> No.14846946

>>14838203
Because the pandemic fueled the antivaxxers delusions and they're even more retarded than before.

>> No.14846998

>>14844292
Don't forget scopolamine/morphine concoction used up to the 70s. Or thalidomide.

>> No.14847023
File: 2.18 MB, 740x4320, best_medicins.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14846998
> Or Quaaludes
> heroin
> and other opiates and sedatives
> list goes on and on

>> No.14847053

I heard the vaccine killed more than it saved

>> No.14847948

>>14846946
Wait how did the antivaxxers increase in numbers if it simply fueled the existing antivaxxer delusions?

>> No.14848232

>>14844776
>There is no mercury in vaccines.
Uh... Well actually...

>> No.14848239

>>14848232
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/index.html

>> No.14848262

>>14848239
Phew, the CDC said it was safe. We can all rest easy. Which reminds me, I need to get my 6th boost- ACK!

>> No.14848308

>>14848262
kek.

>> No.14848487

>>14838203
The covid vaccination being such a farce probably made some people doubtful of other things the world health organisation tells them.
People getting 4-5 vaccinations for a relatively harmless virus they already had contradicts everything we've been tought about vaccines

>> No.14848595

>>14848262
>Phew, the CDC said it was safe
Phew! That was close. I almost had a moment of self-awareness. People back in the day were so stupid! I'm so much more intelligent!

>> No.14848682

>>14848487
Not to mention the frankly incredible stats coming out of the health system crisis. A 14% reduction in vaccination in Florida led to an 8% reduction in infant mortality.

>> No.14849725
File: 2.48 MB, 640x4616, 1647422782761.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14848595

>> No.14850217

>>14849725
Safe for children though. CDC says so.

>> No.14850219

>>14848682
many such cases. vaccines are dangerous.

>> No.14850393

vaxchuds... those links in the description... i don't feel so good...