[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 23 KB, 474x467, th-2453196288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14794198 No.14794198 [Reply] [Original]

>if you go there you will make more money and work in more prestigious positions and it will be easier to find a job
>so ambitious people apply
>theres alot of competition so only the more capable or smart get accepted, plus you have to be organized and plan applying in advance

so it acts like a filter that selects for desirable traits that their future potential employers want and that's why graduates in those unis are prefered for hiring, and it's a self perpetuating cycle

Also the programs may be better thus increasing their capabilities more but I'm not sure

Also you network with people who at least will work in good positions in important businesses/make their own business, and some of them will be top tier in mega corporations, so that helps when working and adds another desirable trait to hire you, also you may network with Chad professors

Due to this the unis have relationships with businesses bc the biz want to snatch the good ones first and the uni wants to be attractive to students, so even more demand for those unis

Those unis get good students so some of them stay doing research being more desirable even for would be researchers and not career seekers

Also idk why but it seems to me that rich people parents try more to put them on rails towards at least good private unis, if not prestigious, so another filter but idk it's consequences

Plus they're expensive af so not everyone can pay them, selects for well off people, idk consequences

Still the question remains of how the cycle started in the first place

---am i correct in my assessment?

>> No.14795205

B[(c)UM]P

>> No.14796284
File: 3.82 MB, 4272x2555, ModernAcademia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14794198
>---am i correct in my assessment?
No. No, you're not.
If Peak-"Scientific Progress" is stupid meme-coins, then OOF.
I personally like to believe that we are experiencing some "technical difficulties", but will be resuming previous advancements once the current ""nonsense"" is finally dealt with.
If you've been reading what these "Prestigious Universities" have been publishing over the past few years, you would probably be asking to see the manager in charge of things.