[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 69 KB, 328x448, Carl_Sagan_Planetary_Society.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1476569 No.1476569 [Reply] [Original]

After the recent space exploration thread i decided to make a thread dedicated to carl sagan and my favourite thing in the universe, which happens to be his series: Cosmos.

If anybody wants to tell about the first time they saw those series you are more than welcome to.

(oh and btw link to his series on megavideo: http://quicksilverscreen.com/videos?c=44&pt=list))

Sagan was the most enthusiastic man alive. ENJOY!

>> No.1476592

I saw the Cosmos series when I was 6. I was mostly impressed with the synthesizer score. I was the only kid in my class who knew what atoms were, or how if you traveled close to the speed of light things in front of you would look blue, and things behind you would look red.

It's probably what first encouraged me to pursue an education and career in science. Ironic, because when I watch the show now it just strikes me as lame and dated.

>> No.1476619

>Ironic, because when I watch the show now it just strikes me as lame and dated.

I watch it from time to time just to see what enthusiasm people back then had and how its lost today. (and just to remeber my childhood years) Its sad that we lost such a great man who lured so many kids into sience, including myself.