[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 79 KB, 653x653, 617960cfa3101bf2ed6ca9501f63b4c8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14746564 No.14746564 [Reply] [Original]

I want immortality, where do I start?
Know math, know some physics, can code.

>> No.14746569
File: 488 KB, 653x653, immortality.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746564
guise pls, I don't want to disappear.

>> No.14746577

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

Use two well known platforms for rejuvenation and memory transference through metamorphosis.

Respectively The Immortal Jellyfish: [YouTube] The Immortal Jellyfish (embed)
For rejuvenation.

And any common moth or butterfly:
[YouTube] What’s Inside A Caterpillar 'Cocoon?' (embed)
For memory transference during a metamorphosis.

Both these creatures have abilities you require, both create pods for their transformation.

Withdraw the jellyfishes ability to restore the human body, its genetic code etc, and ask a powerful artificial intelligence to write an ad-hoc parallel to human functions (or do it yourself over a couple of decades if you're autistic enough).
Do the same for the moth/butterfly but specify you only want the memory transfer ability, and combine it with the rejuvenation ability inside an encapsulated biological reaction.
(a literal human cocoon)
Remember to specify the exact age you want the AI to write the specifications to.

Get your hands on a fancy bio-printer and CRISPr editing laboratory, then create what the AI told you to make from the schematics.

Enter the chamber and then get (most likely painfully) reconstituted to whatever age you set the parameters to, with your memories intact.

Make sure you keep an eye on maximum memory capacity and add in digital cyborg or biological solution to your body if you intend to not forget anything in your retardedly long existence.
This can range from making the brain slightly bigger after a few transformations, storing memory in a digital "brain" inside or outside your body, or fucking "magic". (idk)

If you did all that you will now be able to transform and rejuvenate into pretty much anything since the metamorphosis process can be hijacked further to include any body form.

Oh yeah.

And you can potentially live until the proverbial stars burn out.

>> No.14746618
File: 594 KB, 640x480, 2022-04-15-1925_9-CapObj_50021.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746564
Biology. Get BSc. Get MSc in 'molecular genetics cellular and developmental biology' or whatever equivelant your country has. Do PhD on current hottest ageing theory, but keep your knowledge of the field broad. Go to all relevant conferences, join the facebook group, do good research.
Currently your best bet is to go after the transposon theory of ageing. But keep in mind the haulmark of ageing.
I am a very junior member of a research group working on ageing and anti ageing technology. So if you have any questions, which papers are good for starting out, which researchers are worth reading, which labs do this kind of work, or even a quick overview of how it all works, feel free to ask, i'll do my best to answer.

>> No.14746630

>>14746564
With your background, you should design better robotic arms, microfluidics using silicon wafers, and automated spectroscopy machines. Make pickaxes and plowshares for the field, rather than trying to till the soil yourself. This would make the biggest impact.

>> No.14746652
File: 752 KB, 703x593, orion_03_13_002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746577
This is mostly sci-fi bullshit, but you are right about some animals haveing clues to immortality.
The Cnidarian Hydra vulgaris has active PIWI piRNA pathway in it's stemcells, which appears to be something that could work in humans. It would give us unlimited rejuvination of cell populations which still have active progenitor stem cells. It could solve the senescence and sterile inflamation problems. But many cell populations don't have remaining progenitor cells, and this also wouldn't solve the cancer problem.
The Termite Macrotermes Bellicosus has reproductives that live about 700 times as long as the workers, and the key difference there is the somatic activity of the same PIWI piRNA pathway.
Acoels, and Planarians also have similar high longevity (seemingly unlimited) and sofisticated ant transposon measures.
Interestingly, certaine cell types in humans, the germline cells to be specific also have active transposon silenceing like the PIWI ortholog the HIWI system, and these cell lines don't age. (a baby starts out young, our sperm and eggs don't have aged DNA)
Unfortunatly, most cells that become cancerous also figue this out, activate the PIWI or HIWI or MIWI (depending on species) piRNA system, and have unlimited reproductive capability.
So it's not as simple as turning that system on, and we don't even know how to do that.
Artificial tartgeting of transposons is also hard, as they show high polymorphism.
Over all it is absolutely a solvable problem, but it won't be easy and contrary to what you seem to believe, AI is not magic and can't just do this for us. Not yet atlesat.

>> No.14746673
File: 213 KB, 512x384, Saturn_00402.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746630
This is actually a good response, go into engineering and designe better machines for ageing research. We need cheaper faster rt-qPCRs, precision autopipettors and generally labs with less human error. We need better DNA extraction kits or even machines, we need better sequencing, better bioinformatics, because fuck BLASTZ, that shit can't ID transposons for shit. Something that can deal with polymorphism and can find a series of different consesus sequences based on genetic drift.

>> No.14746783

>>14746564
Start here: https://www.rlecoalition.com/support-biovivas-new-dementia-study
Or you can ignore the demand of clinical study and get that therapy for a fraction of the price somewhere abroad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJNE0alsaQ

>> No.14747296
File: 212 KB, 1264x1174, SeenYourMug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746577
Hey, "scraps of Olympus", right!
I've seen your mug a thousand times!

>> No.14747312
File: 73 KB, 800x714, hahaha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746577

>> No.14747710

>>14746673
finished course in
>bioinformatics
which was just tweaked search algorithms...

>> No.14747765

>>14746564
Aging doesn't exist. It's a disease from cadmium deficiency, which is needed for proper kidney function, homeostasis, damage repair, old collagen removal. Nutrient homeostasis gets increasingly out of tune (some accumulate, some are list) similar for the kidney, sodium gets lost likely the reason why we need salt, as it pours out of the malfunctioning kidney, iron can't be excreted, and some toxic substance(s) also can't be removed and it accumulates until you die.
Lead and mercury are also essential.

>> No.14747772 [DELETED] 

>>14746564
Also from the ice core data it seems that we are not the first civilization around, there was one older one in the interglacial period, and they probably fucked something up. In fact we may still do it as cadmium was gradually getting depleted, long time before its discovery. (it is now in the oceans)

>> No.14747776

>>14746564
Also from the ice core data it seems that we are not the first civilization around, there was one older one in the glacial period, and they probably fucked something up. In fact we may still do it as cadmium was gradually getting depleted, long time before its discovery. (it is now in the oceans)

>> No.14747791
File: 12 KB, 279x181, 70E7C542-F914-4E40-8EBA-E9FBC48B4B9A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746564
Youre paving a path where a path has already been made
/x/
You’re welcome
Im not kidding btw

>> No.14747883
File: 411 KB, 521x403, Whirlpool_galaxy_005.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14747710
Well then you are well suited to tacckle the transposon polymorphism problem, if you are interested in cureing ageing.
I suggest reading up on the basics of biology (asumeing you are not a biologist), with a focus on subindividual level: organic chem, (maaaybe a bit of biophysics), biochem, enzymology, genetics, cellular biology. developmental biology and anatomy. Of these you can find the simpler 2-300 page textbooks and the more in depth 1000-1200 page ones all on libgen for free. Go for the short ones for most, but the long ones in biochem and genetics and cellular biology.
Then read up on ageing and transposons, for that you need scihub and google scholar. Start with Lopez-Otin et al 2013 The haulmarks of ageing, and Gorbunova et al 2021 The role of transposable elements in ageing and age associated disease. Expand from there.
>>14747765
No matter how many times you say that, it won't be true. There are animals that don't age and they have no special access to cadmium. They do however have ways to silence transposons, which other animals or plants don't.
Also, what is the mechanism of action? The mechanism of action for ageing via replication error, oxidative stress, LINE1 retrotranposition, etc, etc, are all clear and well documented.
>>14747776
Then why do animals in the ocean still age? Seriously man, these ideas are fun, but this is not reality. Go write short storyes and have them published or just post them on /x/ (that place could use some actual creativity), but stop pretending you belong here on /sci/. You don't.

>> No.14747887

>>14746564
Just write a book with your thoughts and ideas, what’s the problem?

>> No.14747917
File: 224 KB, 852x399, 1644490434735.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14747887
A copy is just a copy, and that would be not a very good copy. By the same logic you could recommend him to take a photo of himself and relax.

>> No.14747924

>>14747883
>Then why do animals in the ocean still age?
Which do?

>> No.14748015
File: 2.81 MB, 1x1, 10.1016@j.cell.2013.05.039.pdf [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14747924
Are... are you trolling or retarded?
Literally all fish, and ocean mammals age, ageing is almost ubiquitous in living things. There are very few examples of creatures that don't age.
I do research on this and even i can only name a few non ageing taxa.
Also you failed to answer the qesion of mechanism of action. How does cadmium influence ageing?

>> No.14748020

>>14748015
Answer the question, please. Which sea animals are documented to age? The pdf is unrelated.
>Also you failed to answer the qesion of mechanism of action. How does cadmium influence ageing?
I explained it right in the first post.

>> No.14748040
File: 3.27 MB, 1x1, patnaik1994.pdf [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14748020
>I explained it right in the first post.
This one? >>14747765
But this doesn't explain anything. That's why i linked the PDF. To explain how ageing works. How does lack of cadmium cause that? And how does lack of cadmium cause any of what you said in this post? You should be able to show me, molecule by molecule, atom by atom, system by system, interaction by interaction. In you post all you do is say it causes things, you don't say anything about how or why. Which is why this belongs on /x/.
>Answer the question, please. Which sea animals are documented to age? The pdf is unrelated.
Literally 2 min of google scholar finds you hunderds of papers on the ageing of fish, as it is important subject in food production.
You can also find similar articles on sea mammals, crastations, and other taxa

>> No.14748092

>>14748040
>But this doesn't explain anything. That's why i linked the PDF. To explain how ageing works.
So basically you want me to explain how cadmium prevents your bullshit theory of aging? Well it doesn't your theory is wrong and contrary to known evidence (parabiosis/blood plasma replacement).
>You should be able to show me, molecule by molecule, atom by atom,
No I shouldn't. Basically the mechanism is that heavy metals are needed in proteins, which do not work correctly without it. Often these are regulatory proteins, like calmodulins and kinases which regulate other processes, so their poor function has devastating effects. Calmodulins wander around with calcium, instead of providing a set point like they do with lead, so anything that depends on it gets out of tune. Lead deficiency causes gigantism (it is needed in regulation if growth hormone release) diabetes (likely not regulatory, but needed for splitting glucose into pyruvate) nearsightedness (possibly indirectly by causing permanent muscle contraction, also night blindness as the pupils also dilate poorly.) and a kind of mental disorder with the lack of abstract thought that makes people write a thousand pages of gibberish about a topic, instead of being able to summarize and filter it into some kind of simple abstraction.
>Literally 2 min of google scholar finds you hunderds of papers on the ageing of fish,
Which are about determining the age and the difficulty of doing so. Sea mammals likewise are known to live for centuries (whales with old harpoons stuck in them have been hunted) with no clearly apparent deterioration. I don't known what crastations are.

>> No.14748101

>>14748040
>crastations
Oh, you mean crustaceans... They are known not to age, only grow too big to moult. The effect of the deficiency on arthropods seems especially devastating, as it seems to cause hepatopancreas failure, and quick death.

>> No.14748105

>>14746569
>I don't want to disappear
Thats exactly what immortals want. This is why you are mortal.

...for your ways are not my ways.

>> No.14748140
File: 218 KB, 574x433, Nigger learn to read.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14748092
>No I shouldn't.
Yes you should. The DNA degradation model of ageing can be shown atom by atom, molecule by molecule. We undersand how cytosine and adenine methylation and histone metylation and acetylation controle gene expression and therefore transposon activity. We know how transposition insertion and ORF2 endonuclease activity at AAAA/TT sites causes mutation and loss of proteostasis. We can show atom by atom, bond by bond how radiation and oxidative stress cause single nucleotide mutatuons, and we can show how copying errors occure. These are things we all see and even do in genetics classes. We liiterally do the experiemtns and see the effects. This is basic shit. It is also clear and can be shown in many cases molecule by molecule, how DNA degradation leads to the various symptoms of ageing, like in the case of sterile inflamation or bone fragility.
>Basically the mechanism is that heavy metals are needed in proteins, which do not work correctly without it.
Yes, some enzymes need some heavy metals. But unless you can explicitely show me which need cadmium, how much intake you need to have correct function and how lack of these specific cadmium useing proteins cause ageing, you don't have anything but conjecture.
>Which are about determining the age and the difficulty of doing so.
Did you read as much as a page of the article i sent you?
Discussion doesn't really work if we don't look at eachother evidence,
Now please link me any paper on the mechanism of action of cadmium deficiency causing ageing.

>> No.14748166
File: 1.39 MB, 1x1, 1-s2.0-S0044523111000362-main.pdf [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14748101
You are right, many species of crustaceans (sorry, english is not my first or even second language, i'm hungarian) do not age. They have renewal in stem cells, and and many anty scenescenece mechanisms, includeing anti transposon mechanisms, and anti oxidative stress mechanisms, supporting the DNA degradation model. What is interesting to your point is, that longevity is not affected by being in an ocean. Apparently deep sea, freshwater cave and fresh water high altitude crustaceans live the longest and show the least senescence.

>> No.14748179

God sent his only eternal and begotten son, Jesus Christ, through whom we may achieve eternal life here and the world thereafter. - John 3:16

>> No.14748191

>>14748179
Go back to /pol/ anon, this is not the place.

>> No.14748201

>>14748140
>how radiation and oxidative stress
Do irradiated people age faster?
No, they don't. And this is the exact problem. You worry about extremely soecific details without bothering to figure out what details are important.
It's probably zinc finger domains in the case of DNA damage.
>>14748166
>Apparently deep sea, freshwater cave and fresh water high altitude crustaceans live the longest and show the least senescence.
While those on land (all arthropods) are going extinct.

>> No.14748306
File: 414 KB, 1x1, 1-s2.0-S2666555720300058-main.pdf [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14748201
>Do irradiated people age faster?
Yes, they do. Radiation sickness overlaps with ageing in many ways, various forms of radiation cause progerioid symptoms. Exteded exposure to radiation causes progeria. (paper related) Regular exposure to oxidative stress causes progeria. Regular exposure to any DNA damageing factor causes progeria. And partial silencing of transposons increases lifespan. As does increased activity of DNA repair mechanisms. Seriously anon, read the Lopez-Otin et al 2013 paper i uploaded earlyer. There are douzens and douzens of hard experiementla resaults supporting the DNA degradation model. Some of which i have done myselfe.
Can you provide the same for your cadmium deficiency model?
>While those on land (all arthropods) are going extinct.
What? Thats a different taxon anon. And didn't you say cadmium was all in the ocean? So why do the freshwater inland taxa of crustaceans live long?
And also you still need to show atleast which proteins require cadmium, what intake we need, what we have, and how the disfunction of these proteins cause each of the ageing symptoms.
The DNA degradation model can do that, (seriously read the fucking paper), you have yet to show me anything concrete.

>> No.14748363

>>14748306
>Exteded exposure to radiation causes progeria. (paper related)
>In an early experiment, 600 female C57BL/6 mice at 1-month-old were exposed to chronic gamma-irradiation at very low dose rates of 7 or 14 cGy/year. The results showed that the life span determined by the survival time of 50% was increased in irradiated mice, from 549 days in control group to 673 days in both irradiated groups. The mean life span of mice was extended by about 23% and the differences were significant between the control and the irradiation mice

>>14748306
>What? Thats a different taxon anon.
Crustaceans are arthropods.
>And didn't you say cadmium was all in the ocean? So why do the freshwater inland taxa of crustaceans live long?
I said that the effect on arthropods is different. They just die without cadmium. Freshwater crustaceans are also highly threatened. The most surprising is the dying out of insects, for which there really isn't any other good explanation.
>And also you still need to show atleast which proteins require cadmium,
I gave you zinc finger domains for cadmium and you can take calmodulins and protein kinase C, and somewhere in the glucose->pyruvate pathway for for lead.
>The DNA degradation model can do that, (seriously read the fucking paper), you have yet to show me anything concrete.
OK. Why can't you fix it if you understand it so well?

>> No.14748619

>>14748191
>/pol/ is where eternal life comes from Jesus
>/sci/ is where eternal life comes from uploading your consciousness into a Reality-as-a-service simulation developed by Indian outsourcing firms and marketed by tech gurus to people who like artist renditions of outer space

>> No.14748745

>>14746652
>Hydra vulgaris has active PIWI piRNA pathway in it's stemcells
A useful protein in low locomotive conditions.
The wear and strain of high oxygen environments and gravity constraints will kill its effectiveness in humans. Far too unstable.

>> No.14749425

bump

>> No.14749945

>>14746564
>Know math, know some physics, can cod
so, you say you havent any of the skills required to solve mortality...

>> No.14750159

>>14746564
by preventing all time paradoxes

trust True Loving Faithful God is in control

>> No.14750259

>>14746564
Start with Judaism. If you live like the greats (e.g. Enoch) you won't see death

>> No.14750266

>>14749945
See >>14746630

>> No.14750271
File: 769 KB, 500x288, FlawedEveryHerald-size_restricted.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14746564
Imagine wanting to live forever on this planet... L O L Lucky for you that's not part of the plan. It's all just circles mapped onto circles mapped onto circles, information is not lost.
You already have immortality, you just mistook the body for yourself. One of those is going to fall apart. Jesus saves... have a nice day. You think that last part is a joke, but it's not.

>> No.14750275

>>14750271
Jesus deez nuts LOL