[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 60 KB, 768x448, jpegPIA22094.width-768 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14715030 No.14715030 [Reply] [Original]

The mission will last 45-50 years travelling at 0.9c using the sailbeam concept including design optimisations I have made for breaking capacity, due to time dilation the crew will experience 20 years, I have also discovered a mechanism that makes cryosleep practical so there will be 2 rotating crews of 240 for ten year "shifts" on the ship which will be a elongated dumbbell shape composed of a metallic calcium based alloy (won't oxidise in space and the inner habitat coated in Teflon then covered with soil, the dumbbells rotating radius will be ~276 m and simulating 80% earth Gravity. Total mass will be ~ 500,000 tonnes and will require the energy of 1.41E+25 J to accelerate to 0.9c this will be provided by self replicating geothermal units covering the entire surface of Venus after Venus has been covered with radiative coolers emitting in co2's transparent wavelengths (we've already designed similar solar power based system proposals for the moon) and accelerating a sail beam for 2 years netting 0.5g's which after addition to the bola vectors will emulate 100% earth gravity at a angle, the entire surface of the bola will be covered in seesaw like terrace's (it will feel and look like rice terraces on a hill) that rotate when breaking and cruising hence changing the vectors of gravity (during cruising the bola will be sped up to make up the difference to 1g).
The target for this mission is Trappist-1, of which each planet has a 30-60% chance of having a atmosphere and being 7 planets in the system at least one or two i am confident will be terraformable.
Who here will risk it all for a fresh start? (Artificial wombs and frozen embryos will be used to speed up the birthrate )

>> No.14715033
File: 31 KB, 694x968, soyence bingo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]