[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 74 KB, 645x729, d27.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14710558 No.14710558 [Reply] [Original]

So I have been lurking on this board of and on and it has come to my attention that there needs to be some education about a lot of your guy’s talking points. Science and the the terms used in the field are empirical and very straight forward, so i will cover some basic terminology and misconceptions i see the most

1. Energy
I feel like this is the most misunderstood and misused term. “Energy” energy is simply the ability to do work. Now if you flush your brain and take that basic stated concept and apply it impractically “Work” simply a force acting upon an object.

2. Theory
The term “ conspiracy theory” or “it’s just a theory” in itself is scientifically wrong. In a proper use a “theory” is the highest substantiated amount of evidence that a prediction or hypothesis can grant. People often misuse this as speculation or a thought.

3. Matter
The concept of matter is simple. “Matter” has mass and can be substantiated by observations or measured at the molecular level. Matter has 3 simple forums, a gas, a solid or liquid. All measurable matter has mass which will get into our next few points

4.volume

Volume is the amount of matter occupying a space. You can have a small amount of matter over a large space or a large amount of matter is a small space, the ladder creating more density.

Science is empirical and can justify all observations and phenomena to our current understanding of science. I would be happy to discuss any of these points or have people add their own to be debated/discussed

>> No.14710567
File: 1.25 MB, 1760x2492, a11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14710558
Ignore this garbage post by faggot OP and roll for your gf instead.

>> No.14710577

>>14710567
rolling, sadly all the choices suck ass

>> No.14710611

>>14710567
JK Rawling

>> No.14710619

>>14710558
Rolling, but also:

>energy
Shit definition, there's plenty of kinds of energy that don't follow this definition.

>theory
Do you also get butthurt over other misnomers like dimension, organic, vegetarian?

>matter
Is not required to have mass, which is to say coupling to Higgs field is variable.

>volume
Has nothing to do with space or matter.

Your views are very naive. How much education do you have, and why are you so intent on ruining everyone's fun?

>> No.14710634

>>14710558
>energy is simply the ability to do work. Now if you flush your brain and take that basic stated concept and apply it impractically “Work” simply a force acting upon an object.
Hamiltonian mechanics exists independent of the forces acting on a system. What's the work being done in the QCD Lagrangian?
>Matter is mass
And what's mass you dumb fuck?
>Volume is amount of matter occupying a space
What's "a space" you nigger? Furthermore, are you saying vacuum chambers have zero volume? Kill yourself pseud.

>> No.14710637

>>14710567
Rolling for 40-44 pls

>> No.14710638

>>14710567
Roll

>> No.14710646

>>14710638
rip trauma GF is probably the worst I could of rolled