[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 354 KB, 945x915, the-moon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1443727 No.1443727 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /sci/. Just a reminder.

Human beings have stood on the moon.

And it happened more than forty years ago.

(This should blow your fucking mind.)

>> No.1443889

The universe has been around for about 13 billion years and in only a couple thousand years we have figured out how to travel to the our moon. We have only just started.

>> No.1443923

I meet people who are Neil and Buzz's age who fear computers and microwave ovens, and then think that it is people from their age group who orchestrated the moon landing and my head is truly full of fuck.

Also, google "In Event of Moon Disaster"

>> No.1443937

>>1443727
mind=not blown
mind was blown when I was 3 and said, "has anyone ever been to the moon?" and my parents replied "yes"
now it's just a piece of history.

>>1443923
dude they had microwave ovens in the 60's, these things aren't scaring them.

>> No.1443950

>>1443727
Sooner or later technology will begin to diminish in complexity (as it has done before many times following periods of prosperity driven progress). One day humans will look back in amazement of what we have accomplished, with little understanding of how it was done.

>> No.1443993

>>1443937
Well, my grandmother must be a special case, then. She's from rural wartime england...perhaps that's her problem?

>> No.1444017

>>1443923

lol my grandma and great aunts were "rosie the riveter" types in world war 2, built airplanes etc.

but if you bring up algebra, she will tell you are an idiot if you think x or any other letter can equal a number. makes no sense to her.