[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 42 KB, 720x405, default-1536607343-cover-image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12716181 No.12716181 [Reply] [Original]

do conditions/traits such as autism and schizophrenia actually exist in the way people think, or are they just designations for patterns of behaviour?

>> No.12716389

I don’t know I’m not a nueroscientist
I just listen to the voices in my head

>> No.12716454

In diagnostic context schizophrenia and autism are lists of symptoms.
In analytical and philosophic context anoedipal libido is schizophrenic.
In its original context autism was a 'self-condition' characterized by withdraw into fantasy to escape an unpleasant reality, and a necessary symptom of schizophrenia. In my analytics autism is self-sympathetic resonance of libido.

>> No.12716582

>>12716454
autism (developmental disorder) != schizophrenic autism

>> No.12716607

>>12716181
Schizophrenia and autism have one thing in common; excessive pruning in the fusiformis area of the brain

Schizos also have excessive pruning around mid 20s in the prefrontal cortex, which leads to the promodral conditions.
Moreover, schizos have larger than usual ventricles.
This is a prenatal thing because you can see that some of the neurons that should have traveled from the stem during the formation of the brain is replaced my gliacells on the corners of the ventricles, something only happening from birth.

Moreover, schizos are typically hyper-responsive to stimulants that stimulate dopaminergic systems. They go nuts over doses of ritalin that you and me wouldnt be conscious of.

>> No.12716615

>>12716181
you can research mental illness in real time on /pol/

>> No.12716622

>>12716607
Sorry, schizos don't have pruning in fusiformis. Idk what i thought when I wrote that.

But to answer your question, some form of randomness is always a factor in the brains formation. You see that in the 16-25th prenatal week. Usually that's where the causes of autism happens; some lateral asynmetry in the brain is common but they have excessive asymmetry. Idk if there's a correlation between asymmetry and severity of autism, but i mean..

Do conditions exist objectively? There are certain structures in the brain that when damaged give very specific symptoms. When they are damaged, altered or different from a certain threshold (that is based of some form of "average brain") it does show itself in the behavior of an individual.

So i guess both of your options are true.

>> No.12716654

>>12716454
Drop freud man, neuropsychology is knocking at the door.

>> No.12716740

>>12716607
>>12716622
how do you know all this?

>> No.12716754

>>12716607
I am a diagnosed schizo. I take vyvanse rx'd by my doctor for focus problems.

I don't get worse when i take it. It treats my negative symptoms. I think you're wrong buddy.

Or my schizo is actually a demon talking to me.

>> No.12718265

>>12716181
Autist here, I've studied evopsych and biopsych.
Here's what I've gathered on the two topics, both interest me a lot as I have a specific kind of autism which is very commonly misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, I even thought I was schizophrenic for a while.
>Autism
The social aspect is 99% curable with proper treatment, diet and training.
The other aspects such as stimming, sensory overload, ect are incredibly understudied and there are a few ways to treat but no known cure.
It's not so much a behavior pattern many environmental and genetic factors play a role, there's a recent wealth of evidence showing that melatonin levels and proper gut biome play a large role in autism.

>Schizophrenia
Incredibly broad disorder, it really should be re-categorized into many different disorders.
Some people are just a bit weird and get diagnosed, some have significant brain structure problems and are fucked, it's really just a catch all term for any disorder that doesn't fall into the known categories. That being said, many cases don't have much to do with patterns of behavior and are rooted in biological causes, it's actually insane to me that diet isn't the number one factor looked at when diagnosing schizos as there is very strong evidence that proper diet can alleviate symptoms and in some cases simply cure a patient.

I should also point out that both Autism and Schizophrenia have both been shown to be evolutionary advantageous in specific situations, so they may in many cases be simply slightly different patterns to ""normal"" human that serve an adaptive purpose to society as a whole (in the past).