[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 12 KB, 225x225, 889.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12588539 No.12588539 [Reply] [Original]

I was on Prozac, now on Lexapro, im asking myself, does some antidepressants actually enhance Motivation ? im not really depressed but really lazy and sad because im lazy, im just lying to have some meds to feel better and more motivated so i can stop being sad
i don't want adderall, i dont wanna end up addicted, i just want something that can help me

>> No.12588553

venlafaxine (Effexor) could help. It's an ssri and nsri, so it helps stimulate norepinephrine and dopamine production.

>> No.12588560

>>12588553
Thanks, what should i say at my next appointement ( in about 2 weeks ) to stop Lexapro and go on effexor ?
its only been a week that im on Lexapro i fear that the doc tells me to go on because not enough time has passed

>> No.12588581

>>12588539
>im just lying to have some meds
Fix your diet and excercise more retard. Antidepressents are far from magic pills, in fact I'll sell you some magic pills with no active ingredient that will have the exact same effect

>> No.12588592

>>12588581
retard im on a diet and im lifting, i just wanna make sure i keep on the right way instead of falling back into laziness

>> No.12588635

>>12588592
Trust yourself rather than falling under the delusion that drugs will handle motivation for you, do you really want to end up on drugs forever so you don't have to be self-motivated? Besides, SSRIs make your dick soft

>> No.12588720

>>12588635
honnestly ? i want to help myself and progressively stop it, also SSRIs help me to stop being a filthy coomer

>> No.12588800

>>12588592
What’s your diet? What’s your lifts? I bet they’re both shit and you’re gonna fail without any drugs.

>> No.12588839

>>12588553
That one really fucked me up. Don't use it, the drug is notorious for causing withdrawal symptoms.

>> No.12588871

It's great that you're working out and eating good food dude, I'd recommend trying to figure out where you see yourself in a year or two if you want to help with the motivation. If you can see clearly into the future you know why you are doing all the things you are doing it all makes sense and you won't get distracted as easily. Jordan Peterson has something called the future authoring program or something, give it a Google you don't have to buy it but it's give you an idea of what to do. Write out where you see yourself going in as much detail and go for it

Also, start meditating. You don't need to believe any crazy shit just being with some Sam Harris or Tara Brach guided meditations. It's just paying close attention to experience and if you practice it can help stop spiralling stupid damaging thoughts in the moment, a seriously useful tool on your journey to self betterment. Good luck dude

>> No.12588886

>>12588539
Talk to your doctor. How you react to changes in your neurochemistry is unique and cannot be determined over the internet.

I would recommend using this site which helped me in addition to medication
https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/cbt.htm

It's self CBT, the best therapeutic method for a variety of psychiatric conditions including major depressive disorder. CBT is based on the principles of stoicismand helped me a lot with my mdd, gad, and OCD

>> No.12588896

>>12588539
no, they don't enhance motivation, they are supposed to make you feel better. amphetamine is what you take for motivation. try nicotine for amphetamine-lite, just dont get addicted

>> No.12589071

>>12588800
Diet : 8 eggs a day, almond milk, potatoes, rice, fish ( 1600kcal a day ) and i got 20kg dumbbells, i do curls, squats, Overhead press, bench press and lateral raise, i reckon that i don't work much my back and my triceps tho
>>12588839
oh, so getting off it is hard ? the only one i tried was prozac and it was easy to get off it
>>12588871
i will check i promise, thanks for the tips i will start meditating anyway its not like i have much to do at home these days
>>12588886
thanks for the link, imma check that
>>12588896
tho when i was on prozac the first weeks were amazing and i felt so much motivated

>> No.12589082

>>12589071
I was on venlafaxine. No withdrawal symptoms as long as you taper properly like your doc tells you too. If you quit it immediately without tapering then you'll get flu like symptoms and brain zaps.

>> No.12589102

Stuff tends to be addictive precisely because it works, if something makes you feel good you're naturally going to want more of it. Either develop some will power and try not to get hooked on stuff or try to sort your shit out without meds.

>> No.12590412

>>12588560
Dude these medications can have serious drawbacks and shouldn’t be used unless you really need them. Venlafaxine is used in those cases SSRI doesn’t work and so higher side effects csn be tolerated, but if you are not depressed don’t use this shit.

>> No.12590558
File: 448 KB, 2500x1667, 1519321899-hard-boiled-eggs-horizontal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

its quite amazing how these Joe rogan/reddit type people will tell you to eat tons of cholesterol in spite of all the science clearly showing that this is a retarded idea. Its just like some stoner trying to convince you that smoking weed 5x a day makes you smarter and more creative, literally these people will convince themselves that something is good for you simply because its pleasurable.

Are there any fields of science where people approach from a more biased and unscientific perspective than nutrition? Maybe race and sex but even that im not sure about

>> No.12590579

>>12589071
That routine and your diet is sub par. Back to the drawing board.

>> No.12590597

>>12588539
They’re barely better than placebo but don’t believe all the schizos that say they’ll fuck you up permanently. You might as well try them and if they don’t help just stop taking them.