[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 85 KB, 268x319, tumblr_kxe3xfzzSn1qz849zo1_500-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1257444 No.1257444 [Reply] [Original]

hey /sci/
what do you believe will be the most realistic and plausible interpretaion of our world in 2100 ?

>> No.1257449

flying cars

>> No.1257454
File: 12 KB, 470x456, 1276855202438.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tentacles. Tentacles everywhere...

>> No.1257455

Just like now, only dirtier.

>> No.1257457

nanotechnology will exist, no wars, new energy resources

>> No.1257470

>>1257457
There will always be wars, though. It's human nature to blow the crap out of the guy we don't like. We have killed each other for thousands of years and we will continue to do that until a bigger enemy appears or we all nuke each other.

New energy sources and nanotechnology are very plausible though.

>> No.1257472

A lot more people, or less, but almost definitely not the exact same amount, almost definitely.

>> No.1257474

Most (if not all) computers will be way more intelligent than a human. Not only that but they will have figured out how to provide analogue computing methods as well as digital.. I mean, our synapses are way slower than electrons in a chip, but, we have countless numbers of them going on at once while a chip is dealing with everything one bit at a time.

Once you combine our brains' analogue power + the speed of a chip.. shit will get unbelievable. Machines will be able to postulate and conduct scientific experiments way faster and more accurately than humans do today. In fact machines will pretty much run everything we want by then.. people will start to wonder though, what is the point of organic humans when our machines are just fucking better at everything? Real cyberization would probably start to hit the masses by this point; people whose consciousness (or at least copies of it) are embedded in the Internet (or whatever it evolves into), into machine carrier-bodies etc.

>> No.1257475

>>1257470
What he meant was "no big wars, and no wars in the advanced areas of earth."

>> No.1257476

\[Tau]\[Tau]

>> No.1257483

>>1257470
the empathic bubble of societies' consciousness expands as technology, specifically communications, shrinks time and space

when is the last time your local municipality declared war on the next town over? yeah, thats what i thought.

we might fight alien species in the future, but once we solve energy and manufacturing (nanotechnology) there isn't much left to fight over.

and remember, as our technology grows more powerful, the consequences of war become heavier and more serious to consider. it isn't a direct drive to fight, we also take flight. if the weapons/technology of destruction are powerful enough, flighting farther and farther becomes a more reasonable proposition.

for some reason we don't have enough land space on earth? if technology is powerful enough, flighting to another planet or something like a space tube colony become a reasonable alternative. and this isn't even taking in the new third option cooperate/assimilate

>> No.1257492

instead of cell phones people will just sit in bed all day, telecommuting their fat asses while a few dorks spoon feed them syrup covered tomatoes, enriched and fortified with 400 newly discovered elements. Also the lame ass mole concept is gone, instead replaced with a flamingo, which is 19g of fluorine at at 7:19pm.

Cause fluorine is one badass motherfucker that doesnt take shit from anyone, except 30 of the new elements, which have a pauling scale of over 4 billion. They will oxidize your brain if you even think about them

>> No.1257496
File: 71 KB, 661x953, 1277199780284.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1257483
>the empathic bubble of societies' consciousness expands as technology, specifically communications, shrinks time and space

>> No.1257502

humans will be fatter and you'll be dead op.

>> No.1257503

>>1257492
Implying any elements we haven't discovered yet will be fit for human comsumption and not highly dense toxic and radioactive

>> No.1257505

>>1257503
what about negative elements?

>> No.1257510
File: 238 KB, 222x195, House_cupcake.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1257483
Did you forget the MUSLIMS?!

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Nah to be serious, you make some good points there and I tip my hat to you, good sir.

>>1257476

Fuck yeah, big power suits and hoofs for feet would be mad.

>>1257474

Cybermen... LOL awesome.

>> No.1257512

>>1257503

new periodic trends emerge past the lovely, scenic island of stability to produce new elements that are not only safe to eat, but actual foods themselves.

>> No.1257516

>>1257510
>Did you forget the MUSLIMS?!

The young muslims will dance to our rock and roll and we will partake of their hookah and the older generations can just go fuck themselves and die.

>> No.1257523

I cant wait for the future. It's going to be fucking tight. I'll even get laid then. Fuck yeah, future, here I come. Pun intended LOLOL BAHHA

>> No.1257525

Once we start going out into space to mine asteroids well fight over who has the right to those resources.
Then gundams, gundams everywhere

>> No.1257534

Space niggers
That is all

>> No.1257537

>>1257525
>Once we start going out into space to mine asteroids well fight over who has the right to those resources.

Do you realize just how many asteroids are out there?

Also, the elements for sustaining carbon lifeform processes are NOT out there to support the same scale in biological growth.

>> No.1257556
File: 130 KB, 1600x1200, portal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1257512
Will there be one called cake?

>> No.1257562

>>1257537
You do realize that there are some asteroids out there with estimated worth in the trillions, composed mostly of nickel, iron etc? Just waiting for someone to come mine them or tow them off?

Not only that but in the vastness of space, once space travel becomes something more accessible to the public then you can sure as hell bet that eventually there will be space pirates/raiders out there jacking the better asteroids, with governments from Earth and/or mining coalition militias trying to fend them off.

This kind of thing would happen once it became easy for the public to travel past Mars and back reliably, and we are like 20+ years from even being able to set foot on the red planet. So within 100 years depending on space tech advancement, it might still be mostly government or private-corporation run. Once the public can get into space is when things could start getting nutty. In a few hundred years you might see larger colonies declaring independence from Earth;s government etc. Yes, just like Zeon. It's practically inevitable that Earth government will lose its grip on colonies that are practically self-sufficient and able to profit/function much more if they weren't tied down by Earth politics. Only, I don't think they'll use mobile suits to fight off the Earth militaries.

>> No.1257571

>>1257483
>we might fight alien species in the future, but once we solve energy and manufacturing (nanotechnology) there isn't much left to fight over.

I used to think this then I played an mmorpg and saw begging. humans are self centered useless shits. they will never be happy unless they're in stasis

>> No.1257583

ITT: trillion dollar space ships go BOOM BOOM SCHPEW WOOTOO yay