[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 21 KB, 400x400, yWRigl6B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12507135 No.12507135 [Reply] [Original]

I just can't.

School math just ruined it for me.
I studied calculus and subjects which at nature are extremely complex, in their most shallow form, things I do not understand to their core.

trigonemtry functions like COS and SIN are something most math pupils don't understand at core.

How am I supposed to understand things that mathetmaticans took centeriues to discover?

I feel dumb because I can't be gauss, or a good mathematician.

I hate high school math so math.

>> No.12507137

I feel inhuman.

>> No.12507153

>>12507135
LEARN THE ART OF PROBLEM SOLVING.

>> No.12507154

>>12507153
>12507153
Great answer, nigger. Faggot.

>> No.12507169

>>12507135

>trig functions are something most math pupils don't understand to their core

what the fuck is so complicated about a function that associates a right traingle's angles to its sides?

what is so complicated about using the squeeze theorem to show how derivatives of trig functions are other trig functions?

furthermore, what is so complicated about using Cauchy's Mean Value Theorem to show how a derivative based extrapolation of a trig function has an error bound that approaches 0?

>> No.12507174

>>12507135
Literally me. Story of my life. This will be the reason I kms myself one day, I swear to God

>> No.12507187

>>12507174
That's not the only bad news.

I could write an entire book on how being bad at math leads to a shit hellish life. I will maybe some day.

It doesn't start and end with math lessons and programming, you wish.

We being retarded are doomed to suffer. I have to invest weeks of research to understand something a prodigy figured out on his own in about 2 minutes.

We are not equal, I am not human.

>> No.12507290

>>12507135
Because they've already solved it. It's like saying "how can I find my way to Oregon?" When interstates and maps and GPS exist.

>> No.12507296

>>12507135
Read about the history of mathematics and read the original texts.
Start with Euclid's Elements.

>> No.12508501

I can't even tell whether this whole thread, and OP in particular, are sarcasm/pasta or genuine.
Calculus and trigonometric functions are "extremely complex at nature", what in the actual flying fuck.

>> No.12508533
File: 112 KB, 820x729, shining.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12507135
>>12507174

1. Be glad. I wish I never got good at math. All it does is allow you to calculate how fucked everything is.

2. You are not learning, your repeating what your shown like an animal.
You just have to memorize the formulas, then use the correct one when you see the question. Don't try to understand what or why.
The quadratic formula works because the teacher says so.
Now replace A B C with the correct numbers from the problem.
That's usually the extent of highschool/early college math.

3. Cheat. Everybody is cheating. I know the stuff and I still cheated because it's just easier. Don't feel bad anon, your not dumb your just honest.

4. It's all bullshit anyways.

Pulling a quote from another thread.
>in math you have an elf kingdom which holds an infinitely many infinitely long closets each with infinitely many socks , and mathematics tells you that it's reasonable to consider such nonsense and also asserts (as an axiom!) that there exists a function that for every closet picks a sock, even though there's no algorithm to do it (because the whole premise is in the fairy tale imagination land to begin with and has no connection with reality).

>> No.12509263

>>12507135
Just guess the answers anon. That's how I got my degree