[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 25 KB, 360x200, opposing force.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12501682 No.12501682 [Reply] [Original]

According to mainstream Science the speed limit of the universe is the speed of light. Not sure if this is really true but let's say that it is.

Well let's say that an object is travelling through space at the speed of light and a force is applied upon on it tending to accelerate the object.

Well, that's basic, if there is a force accelerating an object at the speed of light it should surpass this speed.

UNLESS an hypothetical new force suddenly appears in opposition to this force that is accelerating the object.

Example: light beam travelling in direction to the center of a black hole. The black hole has a force of acceleration that is it's gravity.

If the force of gravity isn't making any effect on the speed of the light beam there is only one explanation: another force is opposing to it and deaccelerating the object.

That's what I wanna discuss with you today. I have my ideas about this force but I wanna ask your first what you think about it and if you really think that it's real.

>> No.12501698

Special relativity simple it’s just a new geometry with d^2=s^2-t^2
Just watch this
https://youtu.be/u1sYHOAsBQE

If you know trig you can probably learn special in a 20-30 hrs

>> No.12501700

>>12501682
>speed of universe is speed of light
No mainstream science says speed of universal expansion is basically limitless, travel through universe is speed of light limit

>> No.12501707

It's all relative.
You can accelerate forever from constant force in your own reference frame but everyone who sees you going past will think you're only asymptotically approaching c.
No counter force is required.

>> No.12501712

>>12501682
>Well let's say that an object is travelling through space at the speed of light and a force is applied upon on it tending to accelerate the object.
Sure, but you would need infinite force to accelerate an "object" going at the speed of light.

>there is only one explanation: another force is opposing to it and deaccelerating the object.
No.

>> No.12501790

>>12501682
If a thing can travel at the speed of light, must it always travel at the speed of light, or can it also travel slower than the speed of light?

>> No.12501799

>>12501700
If you have a piece of spandex, and you stick two pins in it in arbitrary places, then count the threads in the spandex as a measurement of 'distance', then *pull on the spandex* to make the non-thread-count-distance *larger*, the number of threads between pin-A and pin-B *remains the same*. That's what's happening to our physical Universe.

>> No.12501800

>>12501707
this. there is no speed limit as you would experience it. you could go so fast that you're zipping by stars in the blink of an eye, and light would still go the speed of light faster than you.

>> No.12501803

>>12501799
(didn't finish my thought, damnit)
..so since pulling on the spandex to stretch it is happening *outside* the reality of the two pins you stuck in it, *C does not matter anymore*.

>> No.12501822

>>12501682
>The black hole has a force of acceleration that is it's gravity.
I thought that the gravity is not a force and instead is just a change of spacetime geometry that gives the illusion of a force affecting an object.