[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 15 KB, 250x243, frog2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12478281 No.12478281 [Reply] [Original]

Show me an example were a vaccine caused major side effects years after administration?

prove that the corona vaccine could be dangerous

>> No.12478284

You were vaccinated and infected with autism and homosexuality
QED

>> No.12478285

show me an example where mcdonalds caused cancer

>> No.12478293

well. one of the first vaccines was against small pox. People would "scrape" their children with small pox infected objects...

The side effect was that white people didn't die off, and since they didn't, their selfish elitist social system and its exploitative capitalism has destroyed the planet...

... so there is that...

>> No.12478300

I got vaccinated and my dick grew 3 inches a few years later. Now it's too big to fuck all but the loosest of pussies.

>> No.12478301

>>12478285
Even assuming this moronic comparison holds...
>show me an example where eating mcdonald's exactly twice caused cancer

>> No.12478303
File: 198 KB, 402x224, mizuki-splash.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I dont quite understand where all this anti-vaccine sentiment came from recently, especially on 4chan.
Like I don't really care if someone doesn't want the vaccine that's their right but I remember we would always poke shit at anti-vaxxers saying their kids were gonna fuckin die at 11 and shit and that theyre gonna bring back polio.
Whats with this massive demographic/opinion shift? It really only happened over the past like 5 years.

>> No.12478348

>>12478303
social media, thankfully it's still an alternate reality and most people will get the vaccine, but with time social media will destroy our society

>> No.12478351

>>12478303
This one in particular is largely caused by large distrust in current authorative figures I think. I'm in the wait and see boat specifically because my government wants to make it as mandatory as possible, while giving legal immunity from side effects lawsuits, to the companies making the vaccines

>> No.12478393

Depends what you mean by vaccine. If somebody creates a vaccine in their basement does that count? Also depends what you mean by major side effects. And you still haven't asked about how widespread those side effects are.

But assuming you're asking a sensible question, the answer you're looking for is no, there's never been a modern mainstream vaccine that has caused major side effects to a large percentage of the people who took it. Unless somebody has any credible source to say otherwise.

>> No.12478654
File: 18 KB, 482x1282, IMG_1726.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12478303
Because government blatantly lied so much wrt covid that nobody trusts them anymore.
>"don't wear a mask! Masks don't work, they only stop you from spreading it to someone else!" (people still parrot this dumb line)
>"Protesting for BLM does not spread Covid, in fact it might help reduce it! Protesting against lockdowns definitely spread covid though and should be locked down!"
>"You can't have restaurants open in California!! It's dangerous! Of course if you had a filming permit you could do anything you want, including have catering and restaurant seating right in front of all those restaurants we shut down."
Of course we have seen many politicians be hypocrites in regards to their lockdown bans as well.

Those things, in combination with a completely new, mRNA-type vaccine in a rushed timeline is why people are skeptical.

Also with something like covid with a pretty low death rate and the ability to just wear PPE & distance yourself to be careful It makes the risk of not getting vaccinated pretty low when u compare to risk of getting vaccinated

>> No.12478697

>>12478654
My government hasn't done any of this.
>>12478351
Eh I guess, perhaps it's an american issue.
>>12478348
4chan is the closest thing to social media I usr but I've gotta agree with you. Its a perfect platform for idiots to get attention. And if they dont get attentioj someone from here will screenshot it and post it, ultimately giving them the attention they don't deserve.

>> No.12478716

>>12478281

Show me an example of high levels of cadmium and lead in roadside vegetables in the 50s caused death.

>> No.12478727

>>12478303
people are only doing their job at weakening the western world

>> No.12478875

>>12478654
Actual retard.
>>12478303
Because Americans are panicked now on both sides into not trusting anyone or anything

>> No.12478920

>>12478875
Verified checkmark retard.

>> No.12478954

>>12478281
you mean non-mRNA ones?

>> No.12479058

>>12478303
Since 2016 election, the site got an increase of the low IQ type of poster.
>>12478654
>Those things, in combination with a completely new, mRNA-type vaccine in a rushed timeline is why people are skeptical.
That's not a good reason. You don't shit your pants that the rushed game Cyberpunk 2077 is going to make your anus permanently shut (best case scenario) or that it's going to make kids very violent. That's because you've fucked around with enough shitty unifished video games to know that neither are true.

People lack knowledge of microbiology. That's why they have that fear. It can be avoided without education if people get a lot of vaccinations throughout their lives, but Americans aren't really the most health conscious people to begin with.

It's pretty dumb of the average village idiot to think the vaccine is rushed when they have no idea about the what/why/how regarding regulation and research.

>> No.12479061

>>12478920
Not the guy you responded to but he's right. You're a retard. It wasn't rushed.

>> No.12479177
File: 64 KB, 1183x226, Screenshot 2020-12-18 012913.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12479058
>>12479061
So Emergency Use Authorization isn't rushed? And did Moderna complete their 2 year COVE study?
Do we have Cyberpunk 2077 shitty unfinished mRNA vaccines we have tested on humans before?

These mRNA vaccines will probably be a great thing in the future. But I'm happy with PPE & current risks with covid as is. Let the people take the vaccine who want it. We only need 65% or so immunity to reach herd immunity threshold...could probably get that number voluntarily.

>> No.12479231

>>12478697
You realize people do have memories that work better than that of a goldfish, right? There's no downvote button here for you to memory hole things that don't fit your daily narrative.
You are the reason why credibility has been destroyed and no one believes your crap anymore.

>> No.12479250 [DELETED] 

>>12478303
It's a minority who think that way. The vast majority is still in favor of vaccines and not retarded. They're just tired responding to these retards all the time.

>> No.12479270

>>12478281
Oral Polio vaccines are known to cause poliomielitis when not stored at the right temperature.

>> No.12479485

>>12479231
>people do have memories that work better than that of a goldfish
not the loud ones

>> No.12479824

>>12479250
There's a big difference between being against all vaccines and being against this particular vaccine until more in known about it but keep on conflating the two and see how much that benefits you. If you have to strawman your opponents, you have no valid argument.

>> No.12479829

>>12478281
Why EXACTLY are people so concerned with some possible side effect 10-15 years down the line that probably doesn't even exist and they don't give a shit about the real and documented side effects of eating American "cuisine"? They also don't give a shit about the real dangers of air pollution that causes millions of deaths every year.

>> No.12479846

>>12478303
I have absolutely no problem with regular vaccines and am generally always on the "science" side of political discourses.
But I do not understand why I or anybody else who has 0 chance of dying from this virus needs to take this novel type vaccine which we have no long term studies of.
Even if the chances of it having sides effects are incredibly low, the risk of injecting this into literally billions of people is insane.

>> No.12479856
File: 1.89 MB, 292x351, 1606418947616.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12478300
this

>> No.12479864

>>12479058
>we can make an educated judgement on the vaccine safety this means we can safely pump this into 7 billion people
I keep hearing this argument. You retards just cannot grasp the problem here

>> No.12479982

>>12478281
Gardasil

>> No.12479986

>>12478293
>their selfish elitist social system and its exploitative capitalism has destroyed the planet
why do they keep pushing this narrative?

>> No.12479993

>>12478281
Prove that you're insufferable? You just did.

>> No.12479994

>>12478293
>The side effect was that white people didn't die off, and since they didn't, their selfish elitist social system and its exploitative capitalism has destroyed the planet...
Yeah because all other races and culture didn't purely out of moral reasons and not because they were busy playing in the mud

>> No.12479999

This is the go to case for people not wanting a vaccine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_swine_flu_outbreak

>> No.12480238

>>12479231
What the fuck are you even talking about.

>> No.12481531

>>12479864
There's no judgement that was made, retard. Vaccine being safe is a fact like 5g not giving you covid is also a fact.

You've never amounted to anything, never done a project, never read a technical paper. I bet you can't even do a simple biochem problem. Yet you speak as if you have any grasp of reality, when all you're doing is engaing in severe denial about your lack of competence. You're also craven, probably suffer from a mental illness. Put that and the other stuff and the retard is born.

>> No.12481589

>>12479177
Vaccines weren't rushed, they were delayed by nonsensical regulations. The regulations shouldn't be there to begin with.

The vaccine was ready in late february. It was already proven efficient thanks to studying coronaviruses over years. All they needed was the genome sequencing.

>>12479177
>Do we have Cyberpunk 2077 shitty unfinished mRNA vaccines we have tested on humans before?
You didn't understand the analogy. You don't worry that this video game will make your anus permanently shut because of your exposure to many video games like it and the fact that no one has really tried to sell that idea to you.

In other words, your mind right now is the product of dumbass celebs trying to fearmonger. If you were knowledgeable about the science, the disinformation and fearmongering wouldn't convert you and turn them into a puppet. In the same way, there's no amount of angry moms and retard SJWs that will convince a seasoned gamer that violent video games will turn people into violent maniacs.

It's amazing how conservatives in the US, which bitch and moan about regulations, are suddenly pro regulation when it comes to vaccines, when those regulations are nonsensical anyway.

>Let the people take the vaccine who want it
No, you're going to have to take it. Hopefully the covid passport thing gets traction.

You don't have a right to not make your body a weapon for the vulnerable people. Living in a society comes with responsabilities.

>that pic
I don't care how many citations you bring up. There are irrelevant to someone who actually understands pharmacology when it comes to vaccines, microbiology and immunology.

Once you understanding the fundementals, correlations like "let's way for a muh 2 year study to rule X out" becomes irrelevant. It's why masks were obviously beneficial when considering the fact that reducing viral load is a factor to not making worse.

Do you need a study of correlations to verify laws of physics being respected in a 10 years?

>> No.12481616

>>12481589
>Vaccines weren't rushed, they were delayed by nonsensical regulations. The regulations shouldn't be there to begin with.
>The vaccine was ready in late february. It was already proven efficient thanks to studying coronaviruses over years. All they needed was the genome sequencing.
Peak NPC talk. If you're going to stick a needle in me, then you're going to have to do it properly

>> No.12481671
File: 34 KB, 645x729, brainlet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12478281
>prove that the corona vaccine could be dangerous
lack of proof that it is safe = proof that it could be dangerous

>> No.12481681

>>12478281
"The study found that vaccinated children in the study see the doctor more often than unvaccinated children." https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/17/22/8674

>> No.12481686 [DELETED] 

>>12481681
This endless stream of /pol/ fueled conspiracy garbage is getting exceedingly tiresome. It's just so fucking boring, monotonous, and unimaginative. At least put some fucking effort into your trolling you lazy cunts. Trolling is supposed to be an art, but all you fuckers do is flood this board with bottom of the barrel regurgitated and steaming horse shit. It's not even entertaining. No wonder m00t created that containment board. But unfortunately all it did was create a safe space for you mongoloids to get each other all riled up so that you build up the courage to shit all over the other boards too. Just fucking die in a nice, warm, and cozy house fire already. At least that would give us some respite from the cancer that you're spreading.

>> No.12481698

>>12481686
Stale pasta. Go back to réddit where you belong.

>> No.12481700

>>12481531
Anything made of waves can be given Corona via the right wavelength. Physics implies this. Your ideas are literally creating a pandemic.

>> No.12481713 [DELETED] 

>>12481698
This endless stream of /pol/ fueled conspiracy garbage is getting exceedingly tiresome. It's just so fucking boring, monotonous, and unimaginative. At least put some fucking effort into your trolling you lazy cunts. Trolling is supposed to be an art, but all you fuckers do is flood this board with bottom of the barrel regurgitated and steaming horse shit. It's not even entertaining. No wonder m00t created that containment board. But unfortunately all it did was create a safe space for you mongoloids to get each other all riled up so that you build up the courage to shit all over the other boards too. Just fucking die in a nice, warm, and cozy house fire already. At least that would give us some respite from the cancer that you're spreading.

>> No.12481718 [DELETED] 

>>12481700

>> No.12481723 [DELETED] 

>>12481616

>> No.12481725 [DELETED] 

>>12479846

>> No.12481728 [DELETED] 

>>12479824

>> No.12481750

Not one person mentioning the narcolepsy caused from the rushed swine flu vaccine. Fucking hopeless you lot.

>> No.12481764

>>12481589
>No, you're going to have to take it. Hopefully the covid passport thing gets traction.
>You don't have a right to not make your body a weapon for the vulnerable people. Living in a society comes with responsabilities.

A majority of the population is so likely to survive the virus with no complications that it's just laughable. Let the "vulnerable people" get the fucking vaccine if they're so scared of the virus. I'm not taking this vaccine which has already had a load of red flags and precedents which show that the bodies pushing it have little confidence in its safety, especially when they are completely indemnified of any wrongdoing or liability if I have any life-ruining (or life-ending) side effects from the vaccine. It is literally at your own risk to take it and you should not force people to take that risk, it must be their decision.

>> No.12481884

>>12478293
Europeans learned about that method from slaves.

>> No.12481893

>>12481884
... who learned about it from the chinese

>> No.12481908

>>12478303
CCP bots.

>> No.12481912

>>12478300
big if true

>> No.12481922
File: 28 KB, 460x259, 201217203003-tucker-carlson-12172020-large-169[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12478303
Pic related. Most watched show on cable television.

>> No.12481935

>>12478281
dood they injected a lady with air bubbles. do you want air bubbles in your blood stream? because that is how you get air bubbles in your blood stream

>> No.12482027

>>12481616
Why do schizos like you see everyone as a NPC when you all all the characteristics?

You're too dumb to understand what was said.

>> No.12482034

>>12481700
>>12481700
>Anything made of waves can be given Corona via the right wavelength. Physics implies this.
EM waves have zero rest mass, you do realize that, retard?

>> No.12482042

>>12481764
>A majority of the population is so likely to survive the virus with no complications that it's just laughable.
It's not just about survival or lack of complications (rate is too significant for complications to ignore).

It's about reducing the spread as much as possible, vaccinating people to greatly reduce likelyhood of having a coronavirus epidemic in a country that's as seasonal as the flu. Covid will get worse in the future.

>I'm not taking this vaccine which has already had a load of red flags and precedents which show that the bodies pushing it have little confidence in its safety
You're not taking it because you're too dumb to get through a review paper of MRNA vaccine. It has nothing to do with imaginary side effects.
You don't know if it has red flags, as you have no knowledge of pharmacology.
And you're incapable of calculating the risk mathematically.

At least be man enough to admit you're full of shit and work to get better.

>> No.12482068

>>12481589
What science? I have a degree in a biological science and work as a microbiologist. I may not be an expert immunologist but I can follow studies & understand how an mRNA vaccine works. I just know that things can go easily go wrong or get overlooked in the real world.

>No, you're going to have to take it. Hopefully the covid passport thing gets traction.
>You don't have a right to not make your body a weapon for the vulnerable people. Living in a society comes with responsabilities.

People that get vaccinated, wear PPE and physically distance themself will have a risk so minuscule it's not worth talking about. Everybody is weapon to vulnerable people. Maybe you passed a flu to an old lady that killed her. If we really wanted to keep people safe we would completely trace your every moment, mandate what you eat & exercise so that your immune system is 100% tip top shape.
Also nobody will force me to take anything. Not only will black market be strong, but people will fight over this.

No need for everyone to get the vaccine. Mentioned herd immunity numbers before. You are just a fear mongerer. Somehow people across the world are living fairly normal lives with much less lockdown procedures and the world hasn't ended.

>> No.12482208

>>12482068
So you work as a microbiologist, yet can't seem to grasp why it's silly to worry about long term damage, when any damage that would happen would be due to autoimmune problems which vaccines cannot seriously cause? Vaccines, including this MRNA one, aren't going to make the body have a lot of persistent autoantigen for there to be an exaggarated response over a long period of time, across many parts of the body. The presence of a viral infection which, over time, is far more likely to cause autoimmune problems would be what's causing autoimmune related problems.

>People that get vaccinated, wear PPE and physically distance themself will have a risk so minuscule it's not worth talking about.
Yeah you're not a microbiologist. It's pretty basic in microbiology that viruses can be inactive for a long time. And as long as a pathogen can continue to exist, even if a person is asymptomatic, it can be reproduced by host cells.

If you were a microbiologist, you'd know that this virus can also become seasonal like the seasonal flu if it's not controlled well, by increasing the measures used to limit the spread (this includes vaccinating as many people as possible). Ask your mentor about where you can find evolutionary models of this virus.

>Not only will black market be strong, but people will fight over this.
Modern day algorithm can easily make sure the documentation or ID can't just be spoofed easily.

>Somehow people across the world are living fairly normal lives with much less lockdown procedures and the world hasn't ended.
They acted early and people followed guidelines, unlike Muttanistan where animals like you are allowed to roam around freely.

>> No.12482482

>>12479829
Known dangers are bounded. Not hard really.

>> No.12482488

>>12481671
Correct. That is the precautionary principle of survival.