Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 146 KB, 1280x720, mathwt_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12430502 No.12430502 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Math is one of the last disciplines where you can be an independent thinker. You base your reasoning on proofs, and you can independently verify (or reject) the reasoning of others.

This is quite rare even in science and makes mathematics a long outpost for reason when most other disciplines have (((committees))) and (((communities))) with internal politics that will invariably be taken over by the left.

That's why (((they))) are trying to make mathematics seem as gay as possible. Don't let them control the narrative. In other disciplines you need millions of (((dollars))) to run a laboratory that can make any successes in that field. But in Mathematics all you need is pen, paper, and a mind that still prefers using reason instead of hype.

>> No.12430507

there 10 000 mathematicians worldwide, most of them above 50.

It's over. They won by their sheer number.

>> No.12430508
File: 126 KB, 1131x622, fuck math.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12430508

>implying math is not gay

>> No.12430513
File: 275 KB, 900x900, fuck math2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12430513

>>12430508

>> No.12430532

>>12430507
We may be a lone voice in the wilderness, but it IS possible to have knowledge outside of committees and "official sources" telling you what you can and can not say, while still maintaining intellectual rigor.

>> No.12430565

>>12430502
Who's they?

>> No.12430575

>>12430565
(((International Element)))

>> No.12430609
File: 12 KB, 300x168, mathoppression.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12430609

>>12430502
If you are the tiniest bit literate in math and statistics, you can immediately see most of the arguments about BLM, the gender pay gap, etc. are full of shit. That is why common core math that is being pushed into schools is so terrible--they want to disarm you of even the most basic tools for reasoning and questioning. Because if you really started to dig into it, you would see all the "social justice" and "critical race theory" stuff being pumped into people's heads isn't about justice, but rather creating a society of fungible worker/consumer units with the end goal of elites controlling reproduction of the species and everyone else is a cog in the machine of a global government.

>> No.12430669

>>12430609
>reee common core bad!!
>>>/pol/
ironically, common core actually gives you better reasoning tools

>> No.12430690
File: 60 KB, 800x594, medium.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12430690

le conservative rage thread

>> No.12430706

They already did you retard, it's called coommon core. All forms of logic or roadmaps to truth are being purged or corrupted.

>> No.12430726

>>12430669
Spoken like a true retard.

>> No.12430761

>>12430502
They successfully convinced a lot of mathematicians (mainly women and nonasian-nonwhite) that math is racist because reasons.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/sns-tns-bc-edu-math-racist-20191010-story.html

https://www.realchangenews.org/2020/07/01/systemic-racism-everywhere-even-and-oddly-math

https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1124962.pdf

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/teaching-maths-white-privilege-illinois-university-professor-rochelle-gutierrez-a8018521.html

(many more articles, just google)
This is the beginning of the end. Math will be 'deconstructed' and 'decolonized', leaving behind nonsensical rubbles. It happened with most (if not all) sciences. Math will fall too.

>> No.12430779

In the West, maybe. Chinese civilization will have no patience with this nonsense. Ethnonationalism will save the day yet again.

>> No.12430794

>>12430502
This reminds me of the 1930s germans rejecting "jewish physics", and then the USA later developing the A-bomb from "jewish physics".
The germans were SEETHING about einsteins relativity, and now you are absolutely SEETHING against "leftist science"

>> No.12430837

>>12430794
>he thinks the irrational leftist mob is the Einstein in this context
Anon I..

>> No.12430863

>>12430609
No. The "social justice" and "critical race theory" are just about dispossessing and oppressing whites as revenge. Clear as water, no schizo required.

>> No.12430949

>>12430837
>>12430837
>>he thinks the irrational rightist mob is the Einstein in this context
Anon I...

>> No.12430962

>>12430949
I don't understand your rebuttal

>> No.12430965

>https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/sns-tns-bc-edu-math-racist-20191010-story.html
Niche pedagogical idea that literally helps kids do better. "A 2016 Stanford University report looked at ethnic-studies classes in San Francisco high schools and found that attendance increased by 21% and GPA increased by 1.4 grade points"

>https://www.realchangenews.org/2020/07/01/systemic-racism-everywhere-even-and-oddly-math
A very well recognized issue in data science and statistics. This idea is not contested by any respected mathematician, computer scientist, or other institution. If you're going to train models to predict things like criminality, you need well constructed and heavily considered datasets.

>> No.12430971

>>12430962
>I don't understand
I'm not surprised.
I was taking your worthless unqualified remark and changing it to show you how worthless and unqualified it is.
This isn't your hugbox echochamber, you have to actually put effort in your posts if you want a proper conversation. If you just want to waste time shitposting then keep doing what you're doing buddyboy :)

>> No.12430972

>>12430965
>https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1124962.pdf
The use of the word "Whiteness" here is misleading outside of an academic context because it's an academic fucking term that is constantly misused by non-academics in non-academic settings. Here "whiteness" refers to power structures centered around historical racial identity as opposed to simply "being a white person". Moreover, this was published in "The Journal of Urban Mathematics". What the fuck else would they be talking about?

>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/teaching-maths-white-privilege-illinois-university-professor-rochelle-gutierrez-a8018521.html
One retard college professor has a shitty take on math education. Oh no! The jews are ruining the world! In reality, the idea this professor is presenting has much more to do with math ability as an insufficient gauge for intelligence, rather than "we should get rid of math because black people are bad at it".

None of these articles are saying the fucking concept of math is racist you retard. I don't even agree with half of the shit said in these articles but they're fucking criticisms of pedagogy and statistical bias, not of whatever calc 4 undergrad bullshit you flunked out of. If you gave a fuck about education these would be very high on your list of "things to sort out". inb4 Reddit spacing, there's too much shit to talk about to not use newlines.

>> No.12430975

>>12430971
the leftist mob is real you faggot transexual

>> No.12430979

>>12430975
ah, so you just want to shitpost with low effort posts. That's not my jam, i prefer actual discussion, so I'm not gonna waste time on you. Have fun kiddo :)

>> No.12430987

>>12430979
I am Muslim. When the time comes your passive aggressive trans shit will grant you a full flight right down from the ceiling of a high building.

>> No.12431031

>>12430972
Look at this one rationalizing a literal attack on mathematics by multiple fronts. You live in a fictional world.

>> No.12431039

>>12430972
Imagine if there were an academic term called Blackness which means being a ghetto crackhead as opposed to simply "being a black person".

>> No.12431050

>>12431031
None of those articles are attacking mathematics. They're criticisms of American mathematics education and statistical bias. Your presupposition is that black kids do badly in math classes because they're stupid. But the Stanford study you fucking brought up literally concludes that teaching the same math in a different scenario makes better grades. ACTUAL PROOF THAT THERE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ISSUE IN THE WAY WE TEACH MATHEMATICS TO BLACK PEOPLE. You're fucking ridiculous dude

>> No.12431059

>>12431050
"Dude", a sign of low intelligence is lacking the ability to see the big picture by connecting the dots. You seem unable to do this.

>> No.12431062

>>12431039
I can't believe I'm fucking defending the erroneous nomenclature of critical theory but you are so retarded that I have to. "Whiteness" in a critical context refers to power structures and expectations that are inherently preferential towards white people and culture. There is no implied negativity towards the people themselves, only the structures that derive from them. The false equivalence you're making is ridiculous.

>> No.12431063

>>12430972
none of the reactionary retards in here are smart enough to even begin to understand anything you posted. Let them cry about how the jews are destroying math while they work at arbys.

>> No.12431068
File: 490 KB, 1200x630, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12431068

>>12431059

>> No.12431080

>>12431062
>There is no implied negativity towards the people themselves, only the structures that derive from them. The false equivalence you're making is ridiculous.

I will keep asserting that a sign of low intelligence is lacking the ability to see the big picture. I'm sorry man but not much can be done for you unless you see it yourself, but I think there's quite a low chance you ever will. In the meantime, you can keep ranting and rationalizing.

>> No.12431082
File: 743 KB, 828x1013, 08F05D5C-D66D-4ABC-9BC8-1FC2FB6D1D3F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12431082

>>12431062
>"Whiteness" in a critical context refers to power structures and expectations that are inherently preferential towards white people and culture. There is no implied negativity towards the people themselves, only the structures that derive from them. The false equivalence you're making is ridiculous.
No, you are retarded if you don't see what a podgrim looks like.

>> No.12431083

>>12431080
You still haven't actually attacked anything I've said. You've showed no evidence that I'm wrong. Only asserted that I'm wrong and cannot be helped.

>> No.12431085

>>12431080
>i can't prove, or explain anything but the fact you aren't making bullshit up out of thin air proves you're stupid
uuhhhhh can I get a number one with a large coke?

>> No.12431095

>>12431085
>be book "smart", never know reality
>say "thats illegal!" proudly as a man pulls a gun on you
>shoots you as your dying words are "you are going to jail"

>> No.12431106

>>12431083
>>12431085

There's no way the anon will see what I am implying, because apparently he's either stupid or willingly (even unconsciously?) missing the big picture, as it's really hard to swallow. He probably cannot fathom that there's a conceited effort by a large number of people to construct ideological systems aimed at delegitimizing, denigrating, deconstructing and ultimately eliminating anything that can be perceived as 'white', included people themselves. Many ask themselves why many German Jews remained in Germany after 1933. They just rationalized Nazis like you do. You know 'Jewish lies' and 'Jewish degeneracy' and 'Jewishness' were just academic concepts, well studied by Nazi philosophers and academics, unrelated to 'being a Jewish person'. It turned out that the big picture was the Holocaust. So keep on rationalizing my man, you do you.

>> No.12431114

>>12431095
honestly schitzo rambling is kind of cute, it's comforting to know I'll never have to compete with you for anything, and you'll die in your sleep when the homeless guy next to you shivs you for your sleeping bag.

>> No.12431118

>>12431106
>He probably cannot fathom that there's a conceited effort by a large number of people to construct ideological systems aimed at delegitimizing, denigrating, deconstructing and ultimately eliminating anything that can be perceived as 'white', included people themselves
This is teetering schizophrenia. This isn't even an argument. You're just stating that you believe something.

>They just rationalized Nazis like you do. You know 'Jewish lies' and 'Jewish degeneracy' and 'Jewishness' were just academic concepts, well studied by Nazi philosophers and academics, unrelated to 'being a Jewish person'. It turned out that the big picture was the Holocaust. So keep on rationalizing my man, you do you.
You fundamentally misunderstand how the Nazis came to power.

>> No.12431125

Listen brother I have work to do but this was fairly fun. Next time you do one of these threads (there's always a next time), put something in the name field and let people discuss with you. Don't engage in worthless, bad faith arguments. Tell me the name now and I'll have notifications on for it. Bring good evidence, I'm a fast reader. If you're so confident in these ideas, bring me the same evidence that convinced you.

>> No.12431128

>>12431118
I think he subconsciously understands exactly how the Nazis came to power considering how hard he's pushing the idea that the jews are here to destroy western civilization and there can only be one way to stop it...

>> No.12431141

>>12431118
Ah yes, the schizo argument. I am not even white anon, and all I care about is that math is under attack because, in some way or another, it is being grouped into the 'academic' 'whiteness' concept, in order to destroy it. Yes, I believe they are coming for my math. Also I do know how Nazis came to power, and that is unrelated to what I am saying about many Jews not fleeing Germany. I am sorry man.

>> No.12431152

>>12431128
I love Jews, nearly all my academic examples are Jews. Without them I would not know nothing about math and math would not be what it is today without them. Keep on projecting lies.

>> No.12431158

>>12431141
a word of advice, if you can't properly explain your reasons for believing something to someone else. It's because you don't know why you believe it yourself.

>> No.12431176

>>12431152
> (((They))) are going after math
> other disciplines have (((committees))) and (((communities)))
>That's why (((they))) are trying to make mathematics seem as gay as possible
>In other disciplines you need millions of (((dollars)))
>(((International Element)))

>> No.12431180

>>12431176
I'm not OP

>> No.12431192

>>12431180
i really couldn't tell, you should probably think about who your positions are indistinguishable from

>> No.12431202

>>12431176
>>12431158

I think this conversation is ultimately polluted by the fact that OP is a schizo troll that made the muh joos argument, so that the environment is too charged to have an honest discussion about the fact that anti-whiteness argument are being used to destroy math education and math. Maybe some more intelligent OP will spark the conversation again.

>> No.12431212

>>12431062
>the culture and society created by white people is evil and oppressive
>but we aren't saying that white people are evil ;>), why are you so fragile whiteboi?

Neck yourself faggot.

>> No.12431220

>>12431202
just don't talk to that redditor. Its obvious they're a cuck. Most people agree with you.

>> No.12431233

>>12431212
was nazi germany evil?
are the german people evil?

>> No.12431237

>>12431212
>the culture and society created by white people is evil and oppressive
Tell me how I know you don't talk to black people.

>> No.12431259

>>12430863
look up Franz Boas

>> No.12431360

>>12431106
>turned out that the big picture was the Holocaus
no that's falacious, the Nazis didn't see extermination as an end goal, they decided they didn't like a minority group owning their banks, media, and politicians so just wanted them to leave their country, others wouldn't take them
It was the final solution after all others failed

>> No.12431413

>>12431360
pretty reasonable all things considered, we should do it again

>> No.12431424

>>12430794
This is the most retarded shit I've ever heard. There's no such thing as leftist science. All they want is a to get prestigious positions for free

>> No.12431427

>>12431424
leftist science is anything I don't agree with

>> No.12431469

>>12430972
>The use of the word "Whiteness" here is misleading outside of an academic context because it's an academic fucking term that is constantly misused by non-academics in non-academic settings. Here "whiteness" refers to power structures centered around historical racial identity as opposed to simply "being a white person".
A few pseudoscientists came up with a definition that lets them hate on white people while simultaneously denying that they're doing so. Best of both worlds really.

>> No.12431480

>>12430794
>people did a thing in the past
>therefore my nonsense is directly comparable and I'm the good guy in that comparison
The NSDAP really is infinitely useful. Imagine living in a world where you couldn't derail any conversation by shouting "Nazi!"

>> No.12431501

>>12430513
This is the most cringe twitter shit I've seen all day with 'I did a maths degree im smart' written all over it. Fuck off cuck.

>> No.12431520

>>12431192
shutup faggot

>> No.12432005

>>12430949
>>12430971
You're the retard equating relativity to a political ideology, not him.

>> No.12432249

>>12430863
Dispossessing whites is not the end goal, but rather a step towards an integrated world government. No schizo required, this has been openly talked about for almost a century now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9XeyBd_IuA

>> No.12432305

when did /sci/ become so infiltrated by these fucking golems

>> No.12432387

>>12430971
>I was taking your worthless unqualified remark and changing it to show you how worthless and unqualified it is.
Pretty sure that's the textbook definition of Strawman fallacy

>> No.12432628

>>12430502
not agreeing with any of this /pol/ schizo shit but it is true that maths is the last "hard" field where you can still be an independent and accepted. idk how this would change though because as you point out all you need to do to prove something is write it down.

>> No.12432687

>>12430609
What...what actually is bad about that?

>> No.12432788

>>12432687
Is it better to be happy or to be free?

>> No.12432793

>>12432788
happiness can only be achieved by living free

>> No.12432800

>>12432793
So any form of government that promises to take care of you and make you happy while at the the same time restricting your choices and freedoms in life is doomed to fail.

>> No.12432804

>>12430502
Im worried about Drew Durnil here. Looks like a substance abuse problem.

>> No.12432828

>>12432800
China succeeded
National success can only be achieved through minimizing the cost of anarchy

>> No.12432843

>>12432828
>China succeeded
lol, China won't exist in 15 years.

>> No.12432861

>>12432843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVEV9kD_r1Q

>> No.12432990

>>12431082
Legitimately confused by this image

>> No.12433043

>>12431501
Fuck off it's funny, have some humor.

>> No.12433049

>>12430609
It would be just easier to not give out data to do statistics on.

>> No.12433794

>>12430669
If it's taught correctly.

>> No.12433799
File: 6 KB, 259x194, 1606815823176.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12433799

>>12431424
Bankers have physics envy

>> No.12433875

>>12430794
yeah, see you in 20 years when they drop gay bombs on all Chinese metropolitan areas

>> No.12433910

>>12430690
God that takes me back

>> No.12435690
File: 2.63 MB, 996x5137, asianwhite2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12435690

>> No.12435699

>>12430794
funny because the Germans were right. Einstein was a hack and fraud and relativity is some donkey shit for retards

>> No.12435716

>>12430690
based bfedtard

>> No.12435722
File: 653 KB, 480x468, NotTheJews.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12435722

>>12431202
all just a coincidence eh historically illiterate retard?

>> No.12437806

>>12432628
We'll probably see a minority make an incorrect theory or proof that can only be disproved by the ten or so mathematicians in that field, but no one has the guts to do it and it festers for decades.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action