[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 108 KB, 340x380, P5_portrait_of_Kawakami_sad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12417593 No.12417593 [Reply] [Original]

I was thinking of posting this to /pol/ with >nb4 caveats, but that place is such a shithole I decided against it. I also think /sci/ probably has more valid shit to say about SARS-CoV-2 than /pol/. Maybe.

First, would you agree that
>Covid-19 basically only affects 20% of people and of those 20%, only a minority die even adding in deaths from other causes counted as pandemic (no figures on hand ATM, but I remember it's been linear and small)
>Deaths seem related to things that kill people anyway like blood clots, obesity etc. They are either in and out of the system or about to die any way
>Expensive
>Socially and mentally draining
>Keeps people inside leading to obesity
>Not conspiracist, but it does destroy small business and put big business on top... Ulterior motives can develop
>People are too fucking dumb about the virus. Undermines education cuz cognitive dissonance leads them along a path of moral supiority
>Can't get flu shot during finals cuz of how poorly shit's been handled
>Slows science, careers, etc...
>OCD habits people will have to break assuming they even realize these habits were made for an extreme situation. New extreme social expectations that people aren't consistent on
>Encourages social media addiction
>Crime
>Ups social unrest
>Poorer> worse health > coping > more expenses > death. Social unrest > fires + other > death. Psych issues > suicide/murder/drugs/other > death. Crime > poorly tracked deaths
>IDK about complications argument, but seems the coronavirus pandemic was called just cuz they were concerned about emerging stats. If not for that, then it's a flu. Why EVEN care about severity if lethality's low and there's no significant permanent damage?

And given all/any of that, does anyone else feel like maybe the quarantine isn't worth it now? Does anyone else feel as though they're just salty we didn't react to this correctly from the get-go?

I'm not an extremist AFAIK nor any sort of alt-righter etc. I'm just tired...

>> No.12417601

Like, I wanna trust what broad medical science appears to be telling me in multiple countries (I guess?), but everything I'm seeing and hearing seem to be pointing me in another direction.

>> No.12417633

>>12417593
Keep your distance from others and it won't be a problem. All other strategies are copes by those who are over socialized and can't stand to not dry hump every other person they encounter.

>> No.12417643

>>12417633
I mean I guess but that's not really the...uh... okay...

>> No.12417645

>>12417593
You're entirely right

>> No.12417671

>>12417593
>>12417633
>>12417645
Maybe. I guess there's not much to do but go back to my studies. It feels lonelier to not hear people make the points Ive made... Most of what I read is either stupid troll conspiracies or Facebook morality circle jerks.
I haven't heard someone voice this and saw anyone try to argue against it or validate it or anything like that.

I don't really know what more to say or do right now. I should just get back to my studying now that Ive at least somewhat expressed the feels that were keeping me from it.

I'll try to keep myself from catching the flu or anything else in the mean time. I really have to try and not get sick right now. Took too many sick days to study calc 3 already.

>> No.12417691

>>12417671
I've had all the same thoughts. It sucks and I wear my mask but getting it feels inevitable.

>> No.12417694

>>12417671
I hear you, but you're asking for something that society cannot or will not give you and anyone who attempts to do so will be crushed.

>> No.12417703

>>12417593
You don't understand the problem.

None of these things were ever needed. The US government response was so terrible Covid-19 was allowed to spread. Look at Japan, look at South Korea, look at Taiwan. How do you fight a virus? Contact tracing. This never happened in the US

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I DON'T WANT MY RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY. THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TRACKING WHO HAS A VIRUS DURING A PANDEMIC WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Right wingers are 100% the reason for this mess. Fuck them all and fuck Donald Trump.

You are also wrong because right now hospitals across the US are stretched to the breaking point. Got a broken arm? You'll be competing with 2000 covid patients for a doctor. Having a heart attack? You'll be competing with 2000 covid patients for a doctor. Accident? You'll be competing with 2000 covid patients for a doctor.

Anyone who thinks 'this is just da flu' or 'this only affects the elderly' or 'being stuck inside is worse than the virus' needs to be dragged out into the streets and shot.

>> No.12417748

>>12417703
Updoot bro hey what's your u/?

>> No.12417749

>>12417703

This statement is not clearly taking in the small variables.

Global shut down but the virus still spread? How? Simply look at how native Americans died out in America. An item covered in bacteria. Bio chemical war-fate has been around before the medical understanding we have.

How did the virus continue to spread during a lock down. Simply objects and materials were still being shipped across the world. And not just that. Because of late shipments. Bacteria covered material was still in countries before the lock down.

If I ship you head phones carrying small pox from Australia today. And a shut down happens in 2 weeks. The chances are you will still receive the small pox.
Just because 90% of people stop traveling doesn't stop items from traveling.

Covid might die out quickly with most shipments. But that's if they do not receive contact with water. Any moisture might extend the life expectancy of bacteria.

And with China being the major exporter to all countries it is not hard to piece them together. Which baffles me it is cheaper to ship an item from another country then it is to get the item within 10miles of your home. With the man labor and fuel to move it.

But at the same time it might be making it hard for a deadly pandemic to exist because even without you traveling to another country you might come in contact with their bacteria.

So if you wanted a truly safe world. Then we would have to adopt a pure resources trade. So that each country can process and produce their own product. Most processes would kill any bacteria on raw materials.

>> No.12417752

>>12417593
Pretty much what any level-headed, sane, objective person has concluded. Unfortunately there seems to be an agenda driving covid to be some kind of controlling force.

>> No.12417754

>>12417703
Were you asleep when Korea had a terrible reaction to covid? Or what about countries like Sweden which did nothing unusual and have the same results as the most draconian places?

>> No.12417755

>>12417703
It is also extremely sad the world cannot handle a 1% influx of patients.

It's like say saying out of hundred people doctors can only manage 6 patients and cannot handle a 7th or maybe 8th.

But it is more about the condesity or each area then spread out evenly.

>> No.12417760

>>12417694
At least society can give me COVID.

>> No.12417790

>>12417703
>Look at Japan, look at South Korea, look at Taiwan
all teeny tiny island nations with homogeneous populations. Hell, in SK literally more than HALF their entire nation is contained in a single city, come on retard.

>> No.12417805

>>12417593
They did a half assed lockdown in tthe beginning that delayed the spread, but then gave up and now its at 200k new cases per day. At this rate, everybody in the US is gonna get it.

>> No.12417818

>>12417703
>Right wingers are 100% the reason for this mess. Fuck them all and fuck Donald Trump
Yeah potentially millions of leftists protesting in close quarters during a pandemic had nothing to do with the spread

>> No.12417821

>>12417703
>You are also wrong because right now hospitals across the US are stretched to the breaking point
This is also utter bullshit

>> No.12417822

>>12417703
Japan never did contact tracing. No, 5% of the population downloading an app voluntarily doesn't count. Japan never even shut down anything except travel.

>> No.12417823

>>12417593
Of course it should be fought, why would you not want to fight any virus, EVER ? Should we stop fighting HIV ? Cancer ? Hell, following your logic let's just forget about meds since we're all going to die anyway one day.

Some country did it better than others especially compared to USA but look at New Zealand now, they had a stadium full for a soccer game and completely forgot about the virus. They lives are back because they cared.

My flatmate got covid and no one got contanimated, same with my gf flatmate. I'm not afraid of that virus because we have tools to fight against it.

Maybe you should go around hospitals, were doctors get nervours breakdown because the lack of space forces them to decide who lives and who dies. They can't even do their work.

If you want to give up fine that's your right, but at least don't bring other people into your demise.

>> No.12417824

>>12417749
>Then we would have to adopt a pure resources trade. So that each country can process and produce their own product
We should be doing this for the sake of independent manufacturing power regardless

>> No.12417831

>>12417749
Did you read my post? A global shutdown was never needed. What was needed was contact tracing.

>>12417818
Yup. Because cellphone data of protestors proved that almost all protestors were locals in the area protests happened. Meanwhile Donald fucking Trump spent months

Denying the severity of the pandemic
Doing nothing to stop its spread
giving his fans misinformation
and continuing to hold rallies which brought people from far away places to his rallies

So no, you cannot blame this on protests and all of it lies squarely at Donald Trump's feet.

>> No.12417839

>>12417831
???
Trump wanted to close travel super early and as usual people called him racist
Then you have NY telling people to go out and do whatever they want in like March.

>> No.12417840

>>12417755
yeah, it was a wake up call to see how the system collapsed. There's some lesson to be learned here but after all those shitty times I feel like people just want to forget aobut it and move on.

>> No.12417857

>>12417749
I don't believe covid has ever been spread through packages, it's always person to person, although they do say if you're rubbing your eyes and nose right after you touch something contaminated it could happen, but I don't believe objects spread the virus, that is to say, you're not going to open a package and by that act alone get covid

>> No.12417882

>>12417831
My bad I missed the contact tracing. Since it was a stand alone statement.

If you watch commercials it shows employees wiping down handles of cars. But showing the public "we will fight the disease " I have seen some Walmart employees wipe down carts.

But I have seen some entirely ignore carts. So there is no true consistency.

Even working at gm as covid clean up. Had to wipe down rails once per shift and wipe down water fountains and bathrooms. Which may help. But before the pandemic I hardly seen anyone use them. Because of fear of public germs before covid.

And bathrooms is the same as believing HIV passes through toilet seat contact. But there should have been janitors doing that job before.

Lastly partake coming in from china were not being wiped. I even preached about it before the shut down in November. There were even cases of people randomly passing out. And one friend who was deadly I'll for a week or two.

But even after gm opened up. No one was wiping down parts coming from china.

How often do you see people using hand rails going up and down stairs.

Anytime a "covid" case popped up gm mad a policy to notify people and say "gm is not the source of covid and people got it from outside gm" they cannot prove it came from outside gm just like the employee cannot prove they got it from gm.

I even stated in November that the potential first case could come from gm. And the week gm shut down they said they were not going to shut down until 50 cases in the factory only the public outlook had them close down. But the first patient was supposedly a supivisor that just returned from a trip. He got diagnosed Wednesday. That Monday we had a tornado drill. And we was packed like sardines. Unless he was in his own area he was probably packed with tons of people.

>> No.12417908

>>12417593
OP here.

Okay so I don't know what's going on in this thread now and I'm not sure I want to check necessarily.

Apparently, at a glance, it seems I've been spending too much time being bitter and visiting /pol/ to shitpost and vent. So much time was spent doing this, I let anyone get to me and there was some other stuff going on my head just a lot of shit...

So I still don't know some things, but I just looked at the death toll compared.to the seasonal flu. Forgetting now many catch it or not just the death toll.

Compared to the flu, it is pretty high. So, I wanted to add that...

I still don't know all the other stuff I need to know, but I think I'm honestly just feeling too fragile, for whatever reason, to read this thread so I'll leave it at that. It is worse than I let myself want to think?... I mean I guess I got too afraid to really check the stats when I scared

That said, I still dont know how they got these numbers, really. Without a college library I've... forgotten how to actually do research so....

>> No.12417916

>>12417703
didn't read lol

>> No.12417917

>>12417908
Oh and I guess I should clarify yeah that makes it pretty bad. Several times higher I believe? At least. That's at a very cursory glance. I guess I'm actually too scared to really look, still.
I don't know how that works out with hospital beds and the like. So there's still that and there's still things to discuss maybe. I hope that maybe there's fruitful discussion going on in this thread even though I'm not actually checking or reading it out of sheer fear and shame. But yeah. Pretty shitty illness.

>> No.12417925

>>12417857
Then look up how the pilgrims almost wiped out the Indians. The Indians never had contact with the sick. But the pilgrims gave their sick blankets and then turned around and handed the indians the blankets.

It's one of the first documents of biological warfare. Yes as long as everyone follows proper procedures to wash hands before eating. Then yes the likely hood is small. But looking at mechanics and other people who eat with out washing hands. Do you trust 100% of people.?

I am not trying to scare tacit.

Because people asleep wrapping up in a blanket is different then a employee touching a plastic head light. But touching 200hundred headlights a day.

Also there were headlights that had been there for 5 monthes. So there could be an influx of covid in the next few monthes. Because of backed up items. And as a human yes you can die in a week with out eating. But how much food does a bacteria need to survive per week? Moisture to stay hydrated but how much "food" is in one drop of water. If it is distilled it might die sooner.

>> No.12417947

>>12417908
>>12417908
>Anyone
anonymous*

Lot of other mistakes. Didn't realize how poorly formatted this post was. Should've proofread it. Sorry.

>> No.12418002

>>12417703
It just didn't look like that when I went in... Maybe they stagger them out or something. I don't know.

Yeah the contact tracing thing. I thought that was going to be a thing. Pretty stupid given the circumstances. I mean where the fuck would you be physically going with covid-19 anyway?

As for the rest... I guess it's just hard when you dont know and then your bombarded with all this stupid shit from everyone endlessly while in the personal stat that I've been in even before the pandemic and how the pandemic affected me. It pretty much lies squarely at that sort of gun nutters footsteps in the end. We should've been together on this. Trump fucked it up. Actually l, he's right China fuckednup I think, but he definitely fucked us over. Him and the other weirdos.

I'm glad this isn't shappen to be an even worse disease...

>> No.12418011

Okay I probably shouldn't have made this thread. Jesus.

>> No.12418021

>>12417593
if you want to destroy western civilization it is, climate-shaming was taking tooo long
https://rumble.com/vbgff3-vaccine-quarantine-vaccine-quarantine.html

>> No.12418083

>>12417908
Stop being fragile little baby. Read the threade. Covid is worse than the flu, but you'll probably make it. Probably.... Bitch... ahaha nothing personnel

>> No.12418114

>>12417703
Yeah, fuck having rights and shit.

>> No.12418118

>>12417908
Fuck off with your reddit spacing bullshit

>> No.12418129

Never let a crisis go to waste. Even if you have to fabricate it.

The disease is real, but the responses are mostly opportunism. Pandemics are going to be the new terrorism. Justify a new wave of government power and restrictions on the common people.

>> No.12418151

>>12418083
the main problem with the covid response is that EVERYONE IS TREATED LIKE TRUMP. no one is held accountable for lying/false reporting. Statistics are regularly being regurgitated that are NOT reliable. Covid IS WORSE THAN THE MAIN CASE OF DEATH, Heart Disease. The reporting and contact tracing is atrocious. To the point they assume those who die from non-identifyable(without spending hundred/thousands/30 dollars to be true) cases are automatically assumed covid.

Testing of infection/tracing of infected/no real community/religious/business(jobs) protection of the infected(goes a long way towards actual viral tracing/otherwise no one infected will self-report)

Add to that purposeful Senate/House creation of bills designed to make this even easier to create revenue for their medical company stocks. The mess we are in will end sometime this coming March. Not the end to Covid, just the fact testing(literally less than 5 dollars/no suprize buttsex 10,000 medical coverage surcharge). Everyone is Assumed infected, no legal recourses for job-losses/business protection if it applies to everyone legally. Major medical and minor medical practitioners now have EVERY MEDICAL DEVICE traced in medical manufacturer databases/updated. Second windfall for medical stocks/business.

>> No.12418154
File: 825 KB, 636x884, 1600739246558.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12417831

>> No.12418168

>>12418154
there are no real 2 party systems in place/ 3 party systems in place. everyone is actually scratching each others backs like normal in Congress. Just alot more theatrics, with Trump leading the way in how Not to act. Everyone forgets that civilian/voter protections are still shot. Congress can still do things to make money for their medical company retirement funds. Change the supposed enemies names, change their reasons, pretend to actually do something, repeat.

>> No.12418174

>>12417671
You just cannot trust first worlders. Their midwit education makes them easily believe elaborated ruses and to doubt simple facts.

All that had to be done to stop the virus was to cancel passenger flights for a while, then nobody bothers with the economy and such. Nobody in politics gave a shit about the health of the population either, so they do what they can to keep it as a profit opportunity. That's all.

Wear a mask and wash your hands. That's all you have to do. That's all everyone had to do, and they fail to do such a simple thing.

>> No.12418177

>>12417703

BLM and antifa terrorist riots are ok!

>> No.12418183

>>12418011
it's fine, other than that john campbell on youtube makes nice daily update who aren't sensationalist. Just a retired nurse with a ph.d that vibes. To respond to the thread, the quarantine was necessary in the context we had little info on the severity of the propagation. We mixed politics, so the way the state made intervention which was in a fashion of "less do the minimum to keep in control" (mitigate) so when they started to lift the flawed lockdown (people could still move and gather) they expected a slow decrease in long term. They tough it worked but it was just summertime and the lack of school. The mentality of east-asia is not mitigate but eradicate. South korean made a sacrifice in privacy to allow contact tracing through AI at an instant speed. In east-asian countries they also tend to have "pandemic prevention" in their defense budget.

Also, just to hate on american, back in january and february "right-wing conspirationnist" believed that this virus would be catastrophically letal and shared picture of people dead on the streets of china. Then, since economy was being affected (never forget march 2020 crash) the message was: "stop being scared and keep on working, just a flu" on the media and the left side was "stop being racist on chinese and don't wear a mask if you don't need one". This hysteria of scared of the chinese was mainly due to the lack of government giving no indication on what to do to protect yourself. The left was fighting the symptoms instead of takling the real issue, a pandemic. The month of march lead to lockdown because nobody was preparing itself and made a political fiasco.

Today, we are leaning to another lockdown aren't we? We test, we mandate mask so how come? We don't make sure people respect the 14 days isolation. i've never seen anyone respect it to this day. Other thing, contact tracing is a joke. It's person that calls you ask you question of who've you've met and then contact ask you to contact them.

>> No.12418191

>>12418183
i'm french between, I suffer in the USA right now

>> No.12418194

>>12417749
>global shutdown
Lies. Airlines kept working worldwide, the virus kept spreading. You put colorant into a pool, then you put that water into other pools, the fuck do you think happens?
>Just because i'm retarded and don't understand how shit works everyone must die as well!

>objects and materials were still being shipped across the world.
Are you telling me you didn't personally disinfect every stranger object that laid in your hands?

Very easy. Very easily contained could all this shit had been. Wash hands, wear mask, stay away, wash shit. Dammit why don't americans fucking die at once?

>> No.12418201

>president in charge of keeping shit under control in an emergency situation only makes people more pissed for the lulz
How about just gunning down that nigger cop the leftoids wanted dead? Do you expect a mob to understand emergency situations? You either give them what you want or kill them all, that's your choice.

>> No.12418202

>>12417831

you insane leftist subhumans called trump a racist for shutting the border down.

>> No.12418207

>>12417839
He's the one who calls the shots. He's the one people were listening, even if only to hear him talk shit. All american deaths are on him.

>> No.12418222

>>12417908
>Muh numberssss
Statistics lie. They give false confidence from numbers being diluted into shit. Believe what you want, it will not change the fact that people are dying out there from the shit. One of my relatives is spending christmas without his 30 year old daughter because of the shit. People who were infected by lethal strains died and the virus died with them. In every fucking infected person living right now there's a chance their virus will mutate into a lethal strain and cause a new wave, albeit short, because the virus dies with them. Nobody ever thinks that this shit fucked up people's coagulation and there's probable kidney damage in many, consequences of which we'll only see in decades. Nobody knows what being unable to piss is like, with all the literal urine piling up in your blood, all your tissues swelling, nobody knows or cares.

>> No.12418230

>>12418201
>what you
What they want I meant. There wouldn't have been a single protest if that cop had been taken care of swiftly. Knowing america, and i'm a fucking foreigner, knowing america this was the only foreseeable outcome.

Tell me why the fuck did nobody take action?

>> No.12418248

>>12418183
>John Campbell on YouTube
Thanks. I'll look that up

>Sacrifice to privacy
You know, thinking about, I'm not sure it's such a sacrifice of privacy to do it for just the length of a hopefully unique illness. I mean where the fuck would you be? I guess it is a sacrifice, but I mean that's spread out over hundreds of people, first of all... I guess we're just simply not done discussing privacy rights.

>Mandate masks
Isn't it more that it's spread through contact? But either way, we've been distancing and testing people... You'd think it'd add up to something.

It's just a shame. And it really makes me wish I was born somewhere that uses the metric system I'd not for the nanny state issues and whatnot I seem to hear about a lot nowadays. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just got a deal with my ridiculous s conversion tables and get on with it.

I'm going to be somewhere soon, at least. I just have to get through this stupid shit right now. The pandemic, my job and my ADHD, and a few other things.

But my fucking God it's rough right now. I feel like I'be sunk into opaque water and can't see what the surface ever was like.

>> No.12418277
File: 179 KB, 1280x720, 1604905199928.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12417790
by that logic they should be even worse off, since the high population density makes it spread much faster.

>island nations
no

>homogeneous
lmao, imagine seething so hard that you have to try to shoehorn THIS into a thread about covid.

>> No.12418287
File: 233 KB, 1024x679, 1511061549001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12417703
>Look at Japan, look at South Korea, look at Taiwan.
That's because the virus originated in Southeast Asia, where the biodiversity and biomass of bats peaks. This is also why Vietnam/Malaysia have literally 30 deaths TOTAL. And to a lesser extent, why Oceania/North Asia also have fairly low deaths.

All white people are dumb mestizos. They still don't even know that the Chinese version was 10x less deadly than the European version, I don't think they'll ever catch on that the virus itself came from Thailand.

>> No.12418299

>>12418277

Homogeneity can matter for policy as it's a proxy for people identifying with other members of their political community. If a nation identifies as a people they're more likely to obey authorities and undertake sacrifices for their community. As a counter example in the US black and hispanic populations have low compliance with mask and social distancing regs because they see themselves as oppressed outsiders or don't exist within mainstream information enviornment and networks of informal social enforcement.

>> No.12418623

>>12417703
>Look at Japan, look at South Korea, look at Taiwan
Who wants to tell him?

>> No.12418630

>>12417908
You sound like a fag and your shits all retarded.

>> No.12418634

>>12418129
ding ding ding we have a winner

>> No.12418706

>>12417703
Didn't finish reading, the way that you write makes it obvious that you're a redditor

>> No.12418715
File: 334 KB, 3072x2304, 1604846302195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12417593
Is obviously just an excuse for government control, it barely kills anyone and if it kills is the elderly most of the time.

>> No.12418744

>>12418277
Homogeneity is the reason Sweden faired so well so long, they didn't need to lock down because they only had to be told. And thats no le epicc red pill that's just how people work in groups

>> No.12418774

I have to guess because everything being reported including cdc data is politicised. This thread is full of it too. This is what I know. Where I live no one has followed any of "orders" and nothing happened. Tourists never stopped because outdoor activities, we're not isolated. No one died. It's being reported that people in areas following the "orders" are dying. If people are dying what's actually killing them.

>> No.12418803

>>12417593
Read and repost this https://www.jccf.ca/government-data-shows-lockdowns-more-deadly-than-covid-19/
It's probably best written summary around, leaf focused bit applies to all of west

>> No.12419673

>>12418129
this

>> No.12419710

>>12417593
Reminder, its illegal for a teacher to date a student.

>> No.12419736

>>12419710
Also illegal to have sexual relations with student while cosplaying as a maid and providing comfort services.

>> No.12419791

>>12419710
>>12419736
yeah, but it's fucking hot
wish i would've had a teacher like that

>> No.12419814
File: 62 KB, 720x376, 5fa9ea4789da4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why are poltards like this?

1. Limited hospital capacity even BEFORE covid
2. Shortage of Doctors and Nurses in pretty much every county in the US. Problem is worse elsewhere.
3. 1.9 million deaths/yr is a huge burden on the medical infrastructure
4. The burden on the medical infrastructure would result in a dramatical decrease in QoL in every area of life.
5. Letting COVID become endemic gives it the ability to mutate even further. If SARS-COV-2 had the same lethality as SARS-COV-1, it would kill 5-30 million people easily.
6. COVID-19 has killed 1.6 million people in 10 months. At current trends, it will have killed 1.92 million people by year's end. Considering that smallpox killed 2 million people every year in the 20th century, I'd say COVID-19 lockdowns are 100% justified.

Copy and paste this anywhere you see retarded polfags. Also, Biden won and you will never. have 270 electoral votes.

>> No.12420026
File: 32 KB, 600x688, mask soyy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12417703
faggot

>> No.12420068
File: 202 KB, 889x856, 1329558295240.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12417593
>First, would you agree that
>>Covid-19 basically only affects 20% of people
no
>>Deaths seem related to things that kill people anyway
no
>>Expensive
not as expensive as what USA is currently doing
>>Socially and mentally draining
not as draining as the possible long-term effects of having it
or the additional strain on all of society by what USA is (not) doing
>>Keeps people inside leading to obesity
to use one of your own arguments, those people would have gotten obese anyway.
>>Not conspiracist, but it does destroy small business and put big business on top...
>>People are too fucking dumb about the virus. Undermines education cuz cognitive dissonance leads them along a path of moral supiority
I have no idea what you are saying here
>>Can't get flu shot during finals cuz of how poorly shit's been handled
what do you mean by flu shot? the normal seasonal one? that is the least of your concerns during a final
a vaccine for covid? it was a tad optimistic to expect those to be ready by now
>>Slows science, careers, etc...
careers, maybe. But you have many years to make a career later.
science is still going strong, not sure what you mean here.
>>OCD habits people will have to break assuming they even realize these habits were made for an extreme situation. New extreme social expectations that people aren't consistent on
what do you mean OCD?
>>Encourages social media addiction
that has been going on since the early 2010s
>>Crime
>>Ups social unrest
>>Poorer> worse health > coping > more expenses > death. Social unrest > fires + other > death. Psych issues > suicide/murder/drugs/other > death. Crime > poorly tracked deaths
yikes
>>IDK about complications argument, but seems the coronavirus pandemic was called just cuz they were concerned about emerging stats. If not for that, then it's a flu.
no?
>>Why EVEN care about severity if lethality's low and there's no significant permanent damage?
lethality is not low. you have 200k dead and counting

>> No.12420081

>>12420068
go back

>> No.12420112

>>12419814
>5.
Name a single fucking example of a virus mutating when unopposed to be MORE deadly. And no, Spanish Flu doesn't fucking count because the first round of deadliness was downplayed intentionally to prevent losses in wartime morale.
Viruses almost always mutate to become LESS severe. Old viruses lose their fangs with age, because good parasites don't "want" to kill their host, they "want" to be a mild inconvenience and spread as rapidly and broadly as possible. Literally the only situation where diseases become more deadly with age is that zoomer mobile game, it's not something that happens in reality.

>> No.12420121

>>12420112
What are repeated stresses on similar body systems?

Long term effects of covid are clearly observed and I would be shocked if a history of covid-19 infection doesn't end up being a massive comorbidity for a wide variety of other diseases in the coming years

>> No.12420563

>>12417593
Banning fun in the name of elderly, that's what COVID is.

>> No.12420601

>>12417593
I could be blinded by my absolute hatred of our disgusting sellout politicians, and automatically just assume that every word out of their lying mouths is worth less than dog shit, but I think covid is monsterously overblown, not due to ulterior motives of the elites, but due to their absolutely awe inspiring levels of shear hubris and stupidity.

>> No.12420623

>>12417643
fucking kek

>> No.12420725
File: 71 KB, 1024x576, 1607031568044.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12419814
>1.9 million deaths/yr is a huge burden on the medical infrastructure
>COVID-19 has killed 1.6 million people in 10 months. At current trends, it will have killed 1.92 million people by year's end. Considering that smallpox killed 2 million people every year in the 20th century, I'd say COVID-19 lockdowns are 100% justified.
How about you remind everyone how many people died from the Spanish flu and how much smaller world's population was back then?
The lockdowns and all the other rules changing depending on politics of certain countries have made it abundantly clear that it was never about stopping the memeflu.
It was all about control.
But go on, be a good goy and take the "vaccine".
I'd rather die with dignity than live in the new world they're creating.

>> No.12420748
File: 44 KB, 332x499, 51ekZGmxSlL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the stats on this thing are going to be bullshit for so long too

what does chronic stress do to the immune system?
what does a lack of exposure to the general bacteria of others do to the immune system?
what does a sedentary lifestyle do to the immune system?

there's so many more, and all these ill-health effects that came specifically from the response are all going to get documented as covid effects.

>> No.12420787

>>12417593
Everything you mentioned was clear for more than half a year now. I also dont think there is a conspiracy (although big companies will naturally exploit any situation they can), its more of an feedback loop of mediocre bereaucrats without any medical knowledge or ability to think logically trying to completly eliminate respirathory pathogen that obviously cant be completly eliminated. All while not having courage to admit the response was complete overreaction. My personal theory is also that decaying western society has very unhealthy relationship with death (caused by decline of religion mainly), which makes majority of population unable to cope with their mortality. So people think that thoae who have been chronically ill for decades and basically have shit quality of life should be kept alive no matter the costs

>> No.12420835

>>12417703
The SE Asia response across multiple different governemntal structures (Communist to Liberal) is truly a barometer of just how debased the US is

No dignity or common sense. Truly the bastion of bullying narcissism

>> No.12420837

>>12417790
A dense post ignoring population density
WEW

>> No.12420844

>>12420112
Visit an STI clinic

>> No.12420853

>>12420787
Agreed but also the hollowing out of institutions in favour of managerial careerists in a narrow prism of political consensus and classes from which they arrive + social media + polarisation and a lack of good solid social security infrastructure in esp. the US leads to
>Mistrust of authority or misguided trust of certain authorities
>Poor intentions from private corps and corrupt bureaucrats
>Poor infrastructure
>Poor will to do what is considered best and good and right

>> No.12421083

>>12417593
How many different vaccines are there?
How many strains of covid at this point?

Ya.. this thing aint going anywhere.

Therefore all the hysteria was pointless.

>> No.12421099

>>12417823
This, I work in Healthcare and have had two coworkers die from this shit. I'm sick of the selfishness.

>> No.12421258

The thing I don't get is the obsession with masks. They weren't shown to have any appreciable effect on previous respiratory viral infections, so why are we forcing people to wear them? And why after the mandates were not shown to be effective were the continued and expanded? And why do proponents behave so strangely?

>> No.12421339

>>12421099
Were they the ones that made those super cool Harlem shake type videos last summer?