[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 2.36 MB, 420x420, 111125545.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12183192 No.12183192 [Reply] [Original]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincar%C3%A9_recurrence_theorem
I find it obnoxious how science has dressed up such simple ideas as something so profound, absolute, penetrating, and grandiose. It's the essence of clamped kulture, I mean seriously? "Poincare recurrence theorem"? Are you kidding me? What is the point of this narcissistic masturbatory nonsense. A young child who builds a downward sloping train track where the train is incapable of overcoming the slope on the other side, can come up with a system that returns to an approximation of a sort of "ground state", no matter how the surrounding environment changes. Then of course, logically, mathematics has to produce and name some theorem whereby given some constraints these other things can be readily inferred or known for certain.

It is absurd. The formalism and ancillary utility that's been found rises to completely obfuscate how braindead simple the core idea is. This shit is mostly baggage. And people wonder why things are stagnant, everyone wants to wrap themselves in terms, phrases, and all manner of almost quasi-religious language to make it seem like they're some >9k IQ God.

I mean look, I may be a tad bit harsh on this particular example, but I think you all know what I'm talking about.

>> No.12183214
File: 44 KB, 960x720, pedantic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12183192
I agree, shallow and pedantic

>> No.12183430

>>12183192
i don't think you are nearly as good as a mathematician as you think you are.

the language and notation can be dense, but mathematicians strive to say only what needs to be said. tweak any part of the assumptions built into theorems, and a good mathematician will throw an example that breaks your intuitive and obvious understanding

>> No.12183448

/sci/'s "mathematicians" fall the same rabbit hole as every autistic hobby forum on the internet, like musicians or writers. They masturbate endlessly over language and form while producing utterly mediocre unimpressive effort themselves.

Then someone comes over and says something absolutely fucking profound using direct simple means and we are treated to a symphony of cope and denial
>N-No... I-it's shit- h-he used a pleb scale
>E-everyone c-can play in 4/4
You know like this very thread

>> No.12183472

>>12183448
samefag

>> No.12183491
File: 35 KB, 210x277, award.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]