[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 64 KB, 652x446, 65CFF072-7948-4E76-B48E-AAE385309ED3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12123389 No.12123389[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Can someone explain the chinese to me? Einstein wrote in his journal that they were industrious, filthy, obtuse people.

“even those reduced to working like horses never give the impression of conscious suffering. A peculiar herd-like nation [ … ] often more like automatons than people.”

Is this the result of the longer domestication process of their civilization? Agriculture domesticated humans, but the Chinese are the oldest civilization, what are the chinese?

>> No.12123435

>>12123389
They're the master race that /pol/tards wish they could be. China is going to surpass the west and /pol/tards will seethe. Me? I don't really care, I'll enjoy the show. I don't have a horse in this race.

>> No.12123462

>>12123435
Surpass the west in what? SSRI usage er capita? Amount of micro plastics consumed per person? Downward Fertility rate per couple? If you put a chinese and a !kung working 12 hour days in a polluted factory, will the Chinese enjoy it? What is the mindset of the chinese?

>> No.12123471

>>12123462
>Surpass the west in what?
In everything.

>> No.12123476

Ok Chang lol

>> No.12123584

>>12123435
even before reading your comment I thought that would be the best option because the west is in a very interesting "implosion" were the mindset is basicaly "we hate ourself" if the chinese become the dominant force this mentally will probably fade away, the chinese still maintain a lot of fortitude as a nation their fortitude can indirectly help the west to get out of this downer path it has taken
also there's a real possibility of a war with china both of this options offer a way to get out of this path

>> No.12125325

>>12123389
Can you do mental arithmetic as fast as these Asian kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYUcsqx5Bh4

>> No.12125663

>>12123389
You sound like a /pol/tard, but even worse because you fail so horribly to disguise the fact that you know next to nothing about China. You can tell yourself that the Chinese are simply inferior people, or you can face the fact that China is rising again and it doesn't have autism like the rest of the developed nations.

>> No.12125719

>>12125663
Out of all races, I consider the Chinese to be the most autistic. More specific, they're an unhealthy mix of autism and sociopathy
Flat affection and little to no emotional reciprocity. A culture literally dedicated to poker face. A strong preference for routine and harmony. They apparently also do better on the non-verbal parts of an IQ test.

>> No.12125779

The Chinese may well win in the end, at the cost of many valuable, beautiful things. It is unfortunate. They really are hive-like, efficient and optimized for collective survival and not much else.

>> No.12125786

>>12125719
>>12125779
do you guys really believe this?

>> No.12125806

>>12125325
That's amazing. Utube commnets are turned off. Do you know how they do this? Looks like something to do with using their hands as some sort of abacus. Certainly it wasn't anything I was taught in school.

>> No.12125857

>>12123462
Mining the solar system for example. The Chinese will just do it and leave the rest of humankind behind. We will still be busy squabbling over budgets and share of work for SLS block 5.

>> No.12125870

>>12125786
It's just a racial coping mechanism sad sacks do to defend their ego.

>> No.12125879

>>12125806
The Chinese don't waste time in kindergarten teaching their children about the 57 different genders. That frees up time for teaching math.

>> No.12125890

Korean here

AMA if you want

>> No.12125891

>>12125779
As far as eventually supplanting all races as the dominant people on this Earth, yes, they will win. May take another thousand years or so, but they have always employed a low key, slow, creeping growth strategy in colonization and demographic displacement. Although that may dramatically speed up now the whites have decided to collectively commit suicide. Once the West has become insignificant there will essentially be no one left to compete with. The Chinese are not burdened with liberal nonsense, they are highly pragmatic people, and pragmatism does not recognize "feels" in any sense other than a weakness to be ruthlessly exploited.

I would take the angle that although the cost will be very high, eventually they will make far better world guardians than the West. Once the dangers of unchecked industrialization and environmental pollution begin to clog every corner on Earth, so much so that their bureaucrats can not escape it, they have the social and political means to correct it. Their social cohesion and authoritarian nature will be able to respond rapidly. The West has already proved itself incompetent in this respect.

This of course assumes that the environmental catastrophe is survivable by a civilization at least. With world resources controlled by one dominant power colonising the stars will be their next step. No wasted resources on trying to achieve some fantasy of equality. Little wasted resources on feeding inefficient consumerism.

On the other hand, if things do turn out to produce an extinction event, oh well, great filter and all that. The west and the rest of the world would have achieved the same result without a decent shot at the stars.

>> No.12125895

>>12123389
>Einstein wrote
I wonder what the Chinese think about Jews?

>> No.12125910

>>12125890
Why does Korea seem similar to Japan in a sense but the actual personalities of the people are different?

>> No.12125919

>>12125890
What's it like knowing the Chinese will swallow Korea soon?

>> No.12125931

>>12125890
Are S. Korean women shaving their cooters yet?

>> No.12125934

>>12125890
What does Korean poontang smell like?

>> No.12125949

>>12123435
They will have a harder time as global custodians after the United States recedes as a superpower. Imagine trying to keep the rest of the world from developing nuclear weapons as you invade and genocide indiscriminately.

For all of America’s foreign policy failures, keeping a lid on nuclear proliferation has been pretty effective besides a few glaring exceptions.

>> No.12125964

Question for you guys: When you guys say China you really mean East Asians in general, correct?

>>12125910
I'm not a psychologist

Colloquial explanations that I've heard all my life for why Koreans aren't as reserved as the Japanese have to do with because Koreans suffered under Japanese colonialism yadda yadda

It's also a cultural concept as well: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_(cultural)

>>12125919
IMHO Korea is defined by the fact that it's managed to stay alive as an independent entity despite being in such close proximity to China. Geopolitically speaking China has been in a far more powerful state many times in the past and still Korea was able to stay separate. So going by historical trends it seems unlikely to say that's going to happen.

>>12125931
No

>>12125934
Tbh I've never put my face near one.

>> No.12125982

>>12125964
>When you guys say China you really mean East Asians in general, correct?
No, if people want to refer to all east asians they usually just say "all asians". This does not include south asia or anything west of it, but it sometimes includes southeast asia.
>>12125964
>for why Koreans aren't as reserved as the Japanese
I wouldn't say that is the only difference. Koreans for instance seem super fashion conscious but Japanese seem to wear anything so long as it looks good even if it's retro. Also there is nothing quite like k-pop and its community in Japan.

>> No.12126025

>>12125982
I don't think I am that fashion conscious but I try to look good. Regarding our obsession with looks, I've never interrogated another Korean about it but I personally just see it as the pragmatic thing to do. 90% of other people's first impression of you comes from appearance, so why not try to make yourself look as best as possible.

Kpop's growth was something financed and orchestrated in a major way by the government. It was developed with the goal of being exportable, which Jpop never was.

>> No.12126101

>>12126025
It could be cognitive bias, but the Koreans at my university seem to prefer a lot of expensive clothing that goes for a specific look you might see in a magazine or something, while the Japanese idea of dressing well is less conspicuous and more of just whatever seems to go well in their closet. I don't mean this as a point against Korea since I actually like those outfits, but it's a very unique thing I noticed the Koreans (and some Chinese) students do that the Japanese ones don't. Someone also told me that the korean immigrant students at his school were often hard to get to know because they mainly associated with other koreans and would frequently go to bars or clubs or stuff with only their korean friends where it would be weird to bring their other friends along. There are lots of east asian immigrants in the US and I can confidently say the country of origin tends to have an effect on what the person is like.

>> No.12126122

>>12123435
No one wishes they were chinks

>> No.12126127

>>12125719
>t. never met a chinese person

>> No.12126132

>>12125786
yes.

>>12125870
Chink

>>12125890
Why do you cut your weiners?

>> No.12126151

>>12125719
Cope. You know that really sounds like some stereotype to me. I won't bother arguing with you because I know I can't change your mind. However, I would like to point out that the Chinese don't dedicate hours to teaching their kids about the 100 genders or critical race theory. Sounds pretty autism-free to me.

I will explain why they get higher scores on non-verbal parts of the IQ test as well, because subjects like the sciences and mathematics are taught with heavy emphasis in China. It is only natural for people to do better since they have trained their memory and spatial abilities more.

>> No.12126331

>>12123389
>Can someone explain the chinese to me?
They eat rats, dogs and insects. What else is there to explain.

>> No.12126351

>>12123389
What do they have on thier heads?

>> No.12126363

>>12126151
>However, I would like to point out that the Chinese don't dedicate hours to teaching their kids about the 100 genders or critical race theory.
The vast majority of Americans aren't, either.

>> No.12126370

>>12126363
Public schools and media train americans in communist race/gender theories

>> No.12126384

>>12125964
>Question for you guys: When you guys say China you really mean East Asians in general, correct?
No, /pol/tards mostly seem to hate Chinese people in particular. They see them pretty much as Einstein (ignorantly) described in the OP, but even worse. Koreans and Japanese people are seen as much more individualistic and closer to Westerners, even if they're still more collectivistic than Westerners.

>>12126025
What's the deal with all the plastic surgery? Americans certainly get a lot of it too, but it seems like so many people are under this weird delusion about wanting to look a certain, very unnatural way. I think people in ~30-40 years are going to look back and laugh at how ridiculous most cosmetic surgery looked, kind of like how we look at 80s fashion and CGI.

I'm not even necessarily against the idea. I just think it looks so fake, over-the-top, and unattractive. Not only does it just make you look the same as other people who received the same procedures, but it typically fucks with the nuanced natural symmetry of the face and body and just makes you look less human. I imagine future plastic surgery will be much more subtle, tailored, and careful to preserve natural ratios.

>> No.12126390

>>12126370
No, they don't, that's just what your /pol/tard propaganda is training you to believe. It's probably taught in less than 1% of all schools in the country. You're just incapable of properly evaluating anecdotal information.

>> No.12126394

>>12123389
There is over a fucking billion of them
Almost all of them have been propagandized since birth.
They are usually pretty chill though

>> No.12126397

>>12123389
what are you asking by prefacing with 'crops domesticated civiliazation, oldest civ is china, then you ask 'what are chinese' ? what do you mean by asking a vague question after that? are you implying something odd, doesn't it answer without asking?

>>12126351
uh, do i have to answer, why don t you take a internet search field trip to google and look up what those are, im finished putting stuff out for idiots. 'letmegooglethatforyou' used to be a thing but now everyone's acting like its 2007 or an earlier year like idiots

>> No.12126400
File: 29 KB, 276x315, SAT scores.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12123389
They are doing so well because they separate the smart students from the dumb ones at a very young age (this is considered racist in America).
We could be competing in math and science with them if most gifted children didn't spend years on remedial material waiting for the dumbest common denominator to catch up

>> No.12126473
File: 34 KB, 482x549, 1585099674090.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12126122
I do, Europe has no future. I wish they would annex us already. Existence as a lesser servant race under a totalitarian Chinese regime is preferable to the slow decline into Yugoslavia 2: Bantustan caliphate edition Europe has planned for itself. I'd rather farm cabbage for my Han masters, at least they have the decency of shooting you instead of burning you alive when you don't meet the cabbage quota.

>> No.12126647

>>12126473
lol literally wtf are you talking about, go outside and have sex.

>> No.12127471

>>12126363
Oh boy is there a surprise for you....

>> No.12127478

>>12123389
No magical secret OP, the Chinese have just had thousands of years of societal cohesion, punctuated by brief regime changes. Collectivism is a chief tenet and virtue pushed by the ruling class. That's it, just collectivism.

>> No.12127480

>>12125857
Lol now this I believe.

>> No.12127491

>>12126400
The smartest people of America are competing with China in math and science. In fact I believe the USA IMO team (ironically almost entirely consisted of Chinese people) is the best IMO team in the world. US academia (as autistic as it might have become) is still one of the most renowned academia in the world. The problem though, is that most of the US is not as good as most of the China, thus the only people who can take advantage of arguably one of the best university-grad school education in the world are people who either are international students, or the small percentage that actually learned things outside of school. US higher education is definitely better than China's (the latter has only been developed recently and is still playing catch up), but if the US does not start making sure that most of its citizens aren't retarded China will catch up soon in academia and higher ed as well.

>> No.12127556

>>12123389
>the Chinese are the oldest civilization
This isn't even true.
Firstly they're not even a continuous civilisation. The modern Han are not the same Chinese as the ancient Chinese.
Secondly, 3000 years of continuous history puts them at no older than the Greeks, and is still less than the Syrians and Mesopotamians.
It's just a meme the Chinese government puts out to make people think that somehow China deserves to be at the head of the world.

>> No.12127560

>>12125931
Yes.
Both the Koreans I've had sex with did, at least.