[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 65 KB, 600x750, brilliance.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1202613 No.1202613 [Reply] [Original]

I discovered this already a long time ago and always see it confirmed in one way or another. The French language is the worst human language that i know of.
Have you ever talked to french people? If so, you'd probably notice that most French people are just plain marginally stupid. and I mean like 90+% of the French people I've spoken.

My theory is that i requires more brain activity than other common languages, thus leaving less brain left for other activities, such as thinking logically. I've experienced this myself too. I didn't know French as a kid younger than 10j and i considered myself pretty smart. Later i started learning French, the basics didn't have much of an impact. But the longer I learned French, the worse i got and it also left a negative impact on the rest of my thinking abilities. Now that i don't use French anymore i feel like my brain has been set free and is expanding again.
I admire the good things French people have done but really, they are just stupid, and they can't even help it.
Most French people don't even speak another language, and those who do, aren't as stupid as 'real' Frenchies.
In comparison to other languages like english, French is pretty hard, for most people.
Don't let it eat your brain!

What do you think of my theory?

>> No.1202625

I... I... No.

>> No.1202653

>leaving less brain left
stopped reading right there

>> No.1202671

I personally think that indian languages cause a similar effect. Although I think it is more of an evolutionary effect than a learn and derp as you're claiming.

Over generations they have used a less complex language to English, so as their brains did not require more advanced lingual skills, they did not develop.

>> No.1202679

A beautiful theory,
but in order to gain proper support you must run statistical tests, or obtain ones already made.
A listing of countries by IQ where french is the primary language in compared to where English/Spanish are dominant.

The comparison is biased due to many factors, but it will suit your needs nonetheless.

>> No.1202690

> In comparison to other languages like english, French is pretty hard, for most people.
English is the biggest dick of any language to learn, you know?

>most French people are just plain marginally stupid and I mean like 90+% of the French people I've spoken.
Please say you are American, it would make my day.

>> No.1202698

>>1202610
w W w . A n O n t a L k . S E rbqxt phsj obxtjut hixbcupvmsdlw

>> No.1202721

>>1202690
The most likely possibility is that he lives in Quebec.
Upon even casual observation there are dozens of mentally deficient individuals in Quebec.
But they don't actually speak "real french" as people from France believe, as they call it "trash french."

>> No.1202745

>>1202690
>Please say you are American, it would make my day.
not American, I'm European

>> No.1202760 [DELETED] 

>>1202609

W W w . a n O n t A l k . S E hjj gegvb eoj nl ohqdkbr zu jj q pzk ejv

>> No.1202772

>>1202690
you kidding? English-German-dutch are historically related, same with the Latin based ones (Spanish-french-Italian) from everything ive seen and heard, Japanese is by far the hardest to get.

English irregular nouns are fucking stupid though, when i get elected god im eliminating all irregular nouns and verbs.

>> No.1202804

>>1202772
How does one get themselves elected God?

I figured it was a process of eliminating competition.

>> No.1202806

Currently I do not live in Quebeq, although i have vague plans to live in Canada (maybe Quebec, maybe not) in the future. I have not yet been there so can't talk about the people there. It appears to me that people who learn it as their primary language are more heavily affected than those who learn it as secondary or later.
Perhaps "Trash French" is less 'damaging' to the human brain than regular French?

Compare French to the Vista of langauges.

>> No.1202809

sage me already

>> No.1202829

I'm not saying that other languages are not hard, I'm just saying that French is bad for your brain.

>> No.1202850

OP that would imply that madarin, which is much harder to learn due to the accenting and alphabet, which is spoken in china would lead to srs bsns stupid chinese people. thats not the case, in fact the opposite is true because a difficult language is somewhat of a mental exercise and can actually help increase your intelligence. i say that if french are actually stupid, it has to do with the gene pool, culture or otherwise rather than the language