[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 24 KB, 400x300, wind-farm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1201323 No.1201323 [Reply] [Original]

Get off the oil usage or course, but...

If you use solar in large quantity, you're keeping valuable solar rays from reaching the ground, the vegetation, etc.

If you use wind in large quantity, the wind will not hit the trees birds, affect the weather, etc. as "it should".

If you harness the power of ocean tides, you take away the effect they have on the rotation of the earth and that sounds like it could be REALLY unfortunate.

If you harness gravity, the rotation of the earth or solidity of the crust could be affected.

If you use nuclear, you could be stripping the environments of certain potent minerals that might be needed, or you might poison the environment with radiation one way or another.

What's the answer?

The answer is don't worry too much about it, but get the hell off of oil.

>> No.1201342

So we should totally ban swimming right?

>> No.1201346

>If you use solar in large quantity, you're keeping valuable solar rays from reaching the ground, the vegetation, etc.
desert

>If you use wind in large quantity, the wind will not hit the trees birds, affect the weather, etc. as "it should".
Okay we're done.

>> No.1201340
File: 4 KB, 126x125, trollderp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1201323
>If you harness the power of ocean tides, you take away the effect they have on the rotation of the earth and that sounds like it could be REALLY unfortunate.

>> No.1201354

solar collectors on the moon

>> No.1201348 [DELETED] 

>>1201321
W w w . A N O n t A l K . s e ktplqsr m adjr rsdkev v pyzllxid i wch

>> No.1201364

>>1201354
That will fuck up the moon's gravitational pull!
The moon will crash into the ocean.

and that sounds like it could be REALLY unfortunate.

>> No.1201399

That's why solar panels should only be installed on areas that would serve as natural absorbers anyway, like on the roofs of residential homes or on the sides of sky scrapers.

>> No.1201406

>>1201321
W w W . a n O n T A l k . S E s ab nfjvtohgvg x yy llol lvhdvirtluaki n

>> No.1201433

> OP is 14 years old

>> No.1201439

We should make a gigantic asphalt slab in the middle of a desert somewhere with efficient heat sensors embedded in it everywhere and use the electricity produced from that.

>> No.1201456

Theirs a few holes in your argument.

Put solar panels in deserts since theirs no vegetation.

Wind cannot be stopped by a windmill. (Put a brick wall in front of a fan, the wind still goes over and around the fan)

Tides are caused by the moon and are going to happen anyways unless we blow up the moon.

Gravity is a constant force, you can't just use it up.

Nuclear is probably not good at the moment but I'm sure will find some better things in the near future.

Also, energy generation is very natural. Ever heard of lightning, chemical reactions, the fact that the Sun's a nuclear fusion plant? Theirs a ridiculously large amount of energy being generated all the time.

>> No.1201478

I like how you tried OP, but you messed up on every single one of those, as none of them make sense.

>> No.1201498
File: 44 KB, 640x481, 1275249396643.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah, ok.

>> No.1201506

OP, if you use the air around you right now too much, it might throw off the planet's rotation. So, stop breathing.

>> No.1201540

>If you use solar in large quantity, you're keeping valuable solar rays from reaching the ground, the vegetation, etc.

Place the solar panels where there are no vegetation

>If you use wind in large quantity, the wind will not hit the trees birds, affect the weather, etc. as "it should".

Bullshit, the wind merely moves the windmills.

>If you harness gravity, the rotation of the earth or solidity of the crust could be affected.

Gravity as a energy source? OK, OP is a troll.

>> No.1201697

Methods based on nuclear or fusion physics I have no problems with since they only mean that certain materials created in supernovae are used up in our direct vicinity.

The other things I partly understand your concern for (except the gravity thing, I don't know what you had in mind there), but remember that there are already tons of things disturbing ocean and wind waves, so don't worry.

>> No.1201776

What.

I... just... WHAT?!

>> No.1201836

sage