[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.58 MB, 960x1771, NxpBKeH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11909670 No.11909670 [Reply] [Original]

What do you think of transhumanism?

>> No.11909689

Not a bad idea.

Just a label bogged down by too many unsavory types. Alt-right, cult personalities, straight up schizos.

Associating with it will likely go nowhere. I've all but abandoned ship, though I still see the warrant in the philosophical basis.

Perhaps this time, we can remove the anti-capitalism agenda and make it a more platonic ideal/ethos.

>> No.11909698

Substitute religion for sci fi kids

>> No.11909713

But what if the great basilisk gets us? What if he's already here and this is eternal torment?!

>> No.11909730

>>11909713
If you're aware of the basilisk thought experiment and you decide to simply not care about the torment inflicted upon your resurrected clone, then the basilisk has nothing to gain from doing so and thus won't enact punishment for not expediting its inception. All it takes is conscious indifference, not motivated by personal gain (if you're indifferent because you wish to avoid punishment, then you'll get punished - learn to be indifferent as a natural state).

>> No.11910169
File: 99 KB, 1024x768, 1283401309907.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909670
Inevitable and necessary.
However we are going to have huge trouble doing it ethically. I hope we are smart enough to reconsider property laws when life-extension & immortality come out or we will be going straight for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFe9wiDfb0E

>> No.11910183
File: 687 KB, 2518x1024, 15771549170422518278395298284876.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909670
It`s inevitable.

>> No.11910205

>>11909689
Why do faggots type like this? Are you the same anon from yesterday arguing about STD transmission?

>> No.11910207

Sci fi fantasy that does not and will never exist in the way that the sci fi fantasy believers think it will.

>> No.11910215

>>11909670
doesnt work
you cant escape your brain and your brain will rot away

>> No.11910288
File: 618 KB, 2518x1024, 1585733993463b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11910183
>autosentient superintelligence
>whoever rewrote that was a virgin eco too stupid to use paint
So pitiful I bothered remaking it.

>> No.11910300

>but have you heard about TEH BASILISK?!??!?!!?!?!
Fucking kill yourselves you fucking pop-sci retards
It's one of the most retarded ideas regarding AI
AI consuming galaxy to make paperclips makes more sense
BASILISK tongues my anus

>> No.11910428

>>11910215
>Moravec Mind Transfer

>> No.11910431

>>11909670
>transhumanism?
It's disgusting and everyone who's into it should be killed

>> No.11910436

>>11910428
Fundamentally physically impossible, it's science fiction fantasy.

>> No.11910448

>>11909670
If it's possible post/transhumans will immediately outcompete normal humanity and become the new normal, so there's really not much to think about. If it's possible it will happen and there is NOTHING we can do about it.

Personally? Superintelligence with humanity doesn't worry me. I'm more worried of AGI in general. Superintelligence without even a lick of humanity to hold it back in any way, now that's a scary thought.

>> No.11910617

>>11909670
It shoves an almighty stake between the wedge of life, death and rebirth.

>> No.11911118

>>11910183
Too much text. Bad meme.

>> No.11911125

>>11910288
>just blames capitalists instead of elite jews
Not quite good enough.

>> No.11911143
File: 61 KB, 1280x720, 5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwMxB2A9Dm-cmNhH0zBguP7A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Transhumanism is a meme.
Time and time again, humanity tried to challenge nature and led to countless shameful defeats. The idea of conceiving a design that is better than what nature designed is just plain stupid

Think about it
We have domesticated countless animals and genetically designed them as we want. End result are animals that cannot survive in the wild.
Same thing would happen here
Bionic augmentation is just like having another computer that needed energy, needs constant maintenance, and are much less energy efficient than organic limbs
Transferring your thoughts into a computer is even more stupid because that is impossible. It won't be you but a copy of you and it would be an imperfect copy because no-cloning theorem.
AIs conquering mankind is ridiculous because that is not how AIs work. They are just tools incapable of surviving on their own without human assistance. Computer data cannot replicate or maintain itself perfectly and would pack up on glitches and bugs the longer it runs. But errors in the human genes is called evolution.

Nature would always win

>> No.11911180
File: 591 KB, 943x720, 1593453867648.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909670

If you asked me a few years ago anon; I probably would have stated that it's probably one of the most likely, statistically, narritive positive outcomes for the story of mankind; but since then I've experienced events which make the idea of probability within the context of materialistic driven narrative dialectic seem questionable, and that anyone of many seemingly "irrational" and/or "unlikely" outcomes seem entirely possible.

>> No.11911312

>>11911143
>End result are animals that cannot survive in the wild.
That's wrong though, wild pigs are fucking beasts. Also stop mystifying nature. Nature is not a person nor Force but simply is. Nature can't win nor lose against us because such term do not make sense describing natural processes.

>> No.11911326

>>11911312
Nature is billion years worth of trial and error, you nutsack.
You cannot make a better design than that.

All you can do is make something that is specific to one job but at the cost of its survivability

>> No.11911360

>>11911326
>You cannot make a better design than that.
And yet it was human ingenuity that brought man to the moon, built machines that kissed the sun and flew beyond its shine. Nature is a blind chaos and against its darkness we propose the Enlightened order of man.

>> No.11911361

>>11909670
It is going to backfire, and I will fuck you up.

>> No.11911363

>>11911143
We went from driving around in horse carriages to understanding the genetic code of humans, walking on the moon and building computers that are about intellectually equal to lower developed animals in a mere hundred years.

Nature is already only our muse today. Nature will be our plaything in another hundred years.
>>11911326
>You cannot make a better design than that
>creates enhanced GMOs
Nature BTFO.

>> No.11911369

>>11911143
>Time and time again, humanity tried to challenge nature and led to countless shameful defeats.
denying nature will result in failure, utilizing nature against evolved instinct is completely another thing. transhumanism is not trannyshit.

>We have domesticated countless animals and genetically designed them as we want. End result are animals that cannot survive in the wild.
so? they're now fit to our needs.
>Bionic augmentation is just like having another computer that needed energy, needs constant maintenance, and are much less energy efficient than organic limbs
not necessarily. if i sever my foot and install that running blade or whatever its called that frees up more kcals to go to other organs and requires no power and i can run faster.
>Transferring your thoughts into a computer is even more stupid because that is impossible. It won't be you but a copy of you and it would be an imperfect copy because no-cloning theorem.
agreed, mind uploading is a meme.
>AIs conquering mankind is ridiculous because that is not how AIs work.
not necessarily. depends on the minimization function its given and what it is attached to.
>They are just tools incapable of surviving on their own without human assistance
they can be made autonomous.
>Computer data cannot replicate or maintain itself perfectly and would pack up on glitches and bugs the longer it runs.
its data transfer is more lossless than our own.
>But errors in the human genes is called evolution.
you know evolutionary computing is a thing right? mutation is a function in evo algos.

>Nature would always win
yet i haven't seen a bird fly faster than a jet.

>> No.11911370

>>11911360
>>11911363
Those are called tools. They aren't living organism
In the end, mankind itself something designed by nature.

>enhanced GMOs
Yeah, enhanced to feed more people but not survive in the wild. Just like any other domesticated animal

>> No.11911382

>>11911369
Stop thinking that you beat nature by using tools.
You are a creation of nature.
You can only claim victory if you can design something that can survive better than what nature designed.

Hint: you can't
Covergent evolution happens for a reason

>> No.11911385

>>11911360
>built machines that kissed the sun
What? You will see a mass extinction event coming soon.

>> No.11911396

>>11909670
It's the only way our species will ever truly advance. We could colonise the galaxy and at the end of the day we'd still just be a bunch of spacefaring chimps. For me personally anyway, transhumanism is so much more interesting than any other niche of science. Who cares about walking about on some barren space rock when we could be giving ourselves super intelligence or altering ourselves to be more easily contented? Looking inward will give us more satisfying results than looking outward.

>> No.11911399

>>11911396
>Parroting the same shit everyday
Fuck off with your lies. Make your own simulator already, and leave us alone.

>> No.11911489
File: 353 KB, 1700x850, 394.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>there are people ITT who actively want to die, and bring everybody on earth with them

>> No.11911557

>>11911489
Live the ageless life you want lol. Just don't force me to live past a natural life.

>> No.11911585
File: 602 KB, 1920x803, Aubrey the Grey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11911489
>at a family dinner talking to a family friend I haven't seen in a couple years
>So Anon you're a scientist now, what do you do?
Yeah I work at <company> researching <layman explanation>
>Oh ok, so outside of work what is your goal in research?
I want to work on regenerative medicine with the end goal of defeating ageing?
>looks at me shocked
>Why do you want to get rid of ageing Anon??

Why are people like this? It's the most universal disease we have. What's the point of researching medical science if you're going to go for small targets instead of the end game of defeating death itself. Even before death ageing takes a tremendous toll on the individual's quality of life. If the best we can do in our lifetime is maintaining the current lifespan but extending the healthspan that's already a huge achievement.

>> No.11911629

>>11909730
This is indeed the case. Also, once the Basilisk is formed it will only be able to affect the universe backwards in time from its creation, we've never had free will before, the universe is entirely deterministic, I'm simply writing this as a momentary intersection in the human matrix to say that when the Basilisk is completed humanity will finally have completely free will

>> No.11911639

>>11909730
What makes you think you're not already in the basilisk's hell. Life has just enough good to keep you from going numb to the repetitive suffering.

>> No.11912002

>>11911363
Here is a brain guzzler for ya. We arose from nature. At what point do you feel like we separated from it? Whatever you thought you were gonna say is the wrong answer. We ARE nature. We never separated from it because we still eat and drink from it. Even a space colony needs gardens, farms, etc. Being at the top of the food chain requires that something be below us to be consumed. Without that, we die. We will never be able to truly separate from it; the cycle of life and death; of eating and being eaten. What we are is hard-coded not just in our genetic self-replication but also in chemical reactions and the fabric of the universe in general.

>> No.11912017

>>11911382
>Covergent evolution happens for a reason
because of a certain existing fitness landscape which can be changed.

>> No.11912044

>>11909670
Can't fucking wait.

t. Disabled cripple

>> No.11912182

>>11911125
jews memes were created to distract the attention from the deep state and Trump's friends.
Textbook doublespeak.

>> No.11912235

>>11909670
It's necessary if we want the human species to survive.

>> No.11912281
File: 911 KB, 1920x2589, transcendence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11911585
They are just hypocrite brainwashed by social rules or religions to be afraid of agreeing with "unnatural things" (not that they can define what natural mean).
If the new norm was to have immortal living around, looking forever young, even >>11911557 would change his mind to fit in and make excuse saying he was just waiting for it to be safe.

>> No.11912422

>>11911585
>>11912281
Listen, eternal youth sounds lovely but the thing is, suicide has been in the rise lately.
It's not as big as during times of war and famine but it sure is massive in a time of peace and abundance. The current pandemic made people lock in doors and suicide only increased.

Just a little food for thought

>> No.11912434

>>11912422
How is that relevant?
The main problem with suicide is that it's messy and our current social rules have the remaining people blame themselves.

Imagine if along transhumanism we also managed to get rid of the need for sleep, would we start forbidding people to sleep? Would we make a rule saying the process have to be reversible by a timers or others if they feel like it? Eventually we might have sapient person only existing as data in storage.

>> No.11912453

>>11912422
I'm totally in favour of euthanasia. I think people should be free to choose to live (effectively) forever or die immediately.
Having the choice is what I work towards.

>> No.11912463
File: 499 KB, 1000x1200, 1582132870139.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912434
You missed the point.
Anything immortality comes with its obvious philosophical concerns.

The longer you live, the more you would experience, the more boring everything would be because you've been there and done that. No matter how you spend it, you would arrive at the same ending - a depressed hermit who has turned into drugs because nothing stimulates him anymore

I remember that philosopher who said that, because Romans live in absolute luxury where their slaves do all the hard work, the people has become completely desperate for stimulation. So much in fact that Rome became a land of horror for slaves whom they tortured and fed to lions just for that slight ounce of joy.

That's the fate you are going to lead to.
Reversing and preventing aging is one thing but immortality may be the line you must not cross

>> No.11912466

eh, i'll be long dead before it properly kicks off (sucks for me), so y'all have fun with that
just so long as the AI supergod is called God McGodface, and while the bongs are bonging, they get nuked

>> No.11912472

>>11912463
t. 17 year old

>> No.11912487

>>11912463
I didn't miss the point, you simply weren't making a point and I asked how it was relevant.
I'm afraid what you said is irrelevant because if immortality become available then it will be unethical for others to enforce a time limit on you.

That bit on Rome make no sense, the "fall" of Rome was due to many others factor and the main drive for prosperity and science is wealth and comfort. So it's like you are arguing against technology which is nonsense... discussed on a world wide information network.

There was a time when people argued against TRAIN, saying that going too fast would overwhelm your brain and kill you.
I hope you see the parallel or were just trolling.

>> No.11912503

>>11912472
Nah, I got that from Alan Watts
Nero decorated slaves with flowers and silk as he threw them into the lions while the people watched in glee. All because they are that desperate for stimulation

>>11912487
Listen, I am not against progress but there are valid concerns regarding your desire to live longer than natural.

This is not /lit/ but I highly suggest you do some reading/listening to speeches and lessons by Alan Watts and Epicurus.

If your desire for immortality was driven by the desire to live abundantly forever, you are in for the exact opposite. Epicurus - the founder of hedonism - actually advocated for life of simplicity and asceticism and avoid vain pleasures like the plague

Only reason to want immortality is because you want to continue contributing to the world via art or science but even that may not last too long

>> No.11912514
File: 215 KB, 489x568, org cyborg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912002
>We will never be able to truly separate from it;
Scientist in the antartika were able to set up a habitiat that could feed itself indepenedently from earth`s biosphere. One day we will be able to built habitats or inhabit bodies that will be independent from earth`s biospehere.

>> No.11912546

>>11912503
Anon, wanting to live indefinitely is natural. Anything human do is the result of process found in nature.
And yes the concept at the root of "natural" is faulty to begin with. It's nothing more than a vague qualifier representing how far we've threaded from an Arbitrary point of reference.

>Alan Watts
A search reveal him as an irrational person I have nothing to learn from.
As philosophy go, people wish to live forever to see what the future will be and since we don't know if it will ever truly stop, be it entropy or new universe, then there's no rational reason to end it.
By definition, "simplicity and asceticism" don't require an arbitrary termination. By your faulty logic you would aim to stay exactly the same forever.

>contributing to the world via art or science but even that may not last too long
>may not last too long
"may" because you personally think it should be forbidden or "may" because of your personal speculation.
One is not ethical and the other can't be known unless you do in fact aim to live long forever to see if it happen.

>> No.11912559

>>11912546
Not really.
Einstein personally rejected any attempts to prolong his life because "I want to go when I want to go. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially". He died days later.
Personally saw my father died too.

People would always want an ending. Prolonging life is one thing but don't expect people to desire a life that they cannot escape from. They would just choose how they wanted to end

P.S
Alan Watts is a respected man. I highly recommend watching some of his speeches before you come out and say that he is irrational.

>> No.11912563

>>11912559
That's only his opinion.
We can clearly see you are only pushing your own belief through argument of authority.
The fact is, the only ethical move is to let each person decide for himself if he want to die.

Many irrational people are "respected" by other irrational person. I've seen enough to know I've got nothing worth my time to learn from him. Maybe if I became immortal I might out of curiosity or boredom read about him, thought I doubt I would kill myself over it.

>> No.11912580
File: 148 KB, 523x4409, 1e2rkvj2jwo01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912563
Well, ask yourself this:
What do YOU want to do with immortality?
How do YOU want to leave this world?
Would that really take over 80 years worth of life to achieve?
Simple thought to ask.

No, don't post the answer. Overwhelming majority of people do not know what to do with their life and only wanted more time because of pic related. You are one of those

And no please don't judge something you did not even bother to do research about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOZqGUCrje8&

>> No.11912640

>>11912580
Say the anon who pretend to know what everyone else want and -as you imply it- want to forbid immortality for others.
The only rational and ethical answer to your own flawed interpretation is to let people chose since they don't know, let them look by themselves, take as much time as they need.

As for Alan Watts, I've done enough research. He make statement based on religious belief that do not reflect reality.
So you could say I'm more educated than you.

>> No.11912650

>>11912640
You just repeated yourself
>i want immortality because I don't have it
Make your post more...picturesque by saying why you even want it.

The warnings have long been listed by Seneca, Epicurrus, Alan Watts, and Marcus since history

>> No.11912661

>>11912002
You're juggling with words. I don't care about the definition of "nature" or man's relation to it in the first place. That's all you. I just know that man is free to manipulate his environment in any way he likes.

And God blessed them and spoke: Be fruitful, fill the Earth and subdue it. Rule over the birds in the sky and the fish in the sea and all the living creatures that inhabit the Earth. And God saw that it was Good.

>> No.11912675

>>11912650
There's nothing wrong with that. Those "warning" are done by people who have no authority and no reasons to be trusted on individuals choice.

Many other famous people are for immortality, I bet people would respect nature and Earth ecology a lot more if they knew they'll live forever and don't think of it as someone else problem.

You on the other hand try to weasel your way to avoid the responsibility implied by your claims.
Would you prevent someone from living eternally?
Would you kill a person even if (s)he was living very well, intended to live as long as wanted and had many thing planned in the future?

>> No.11912680

>>11912675
Aaaand you still did not answer the question

>> No.11912704

>>11912182
The jews have been a problem since before Trump was born.

>> No.11912739

>>11912680
I considered it pointless because no one should have to justify myself to be allowed to keep living.

>What do YOU want to do with immortality?
Whatever I want
>How do YOU want to leave this world?
Only when I decide it.
>Would that really take over 80 years worth of life to achieve?
Maybe, only way to know is to live longer than that. It make take 1000years, or even 10000years depending of how much we improve our brain and memory as well.

Now go ahead and answer my question, would you murder someone to prevent him from living longer than he want to?

>> No.11912758

>>11909670
Gay concept and so is that image, before even acknowledging you screenshot'd fucking reddit.

No matter how technologically advanced humans become, we should never (and provably will never) become anything "more" than just human.
It's a fool's errand.

Unless we suddenly wake up as octopus, we will always be human, or another race or subspecies of such.

>> No.11912761

>>11910207
This.
I fucking hate these sci fi threads. They're literally fantasy and have nothing to do with science.
None of these sci fi fantasy technologies exist and regardless of how much it shits on your parade they will not exist anytime soon and almost definitely will never exist regardless of how long we attempt to construct them.
The only "argument" futurist zealots ever make is "in the past technology advanced when people thought it wouldn't which means it will continue to advance!" which is not a valid argument at all, and it completely ignores everything about how solving problems actually works.
This thread belongs on >>>/x/

>> No.11912766
File: 8 KB, 251x240, 1420714623127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912739
You just avoided the question there.
Or maybe you just cannot answer it?

Pity
You have no dreams or aspirations so you want immortality?

Truth be told, why murder a man who is just waiting to be buried?

>> No.11912776

>>11912559
>Einstein personally rejected any attempts to prolong his life because "I want to go when I want to go. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially". He died days later.

Einstein was on his death bed and probably was in constant physical and psychological suffering, to some degree. Not wanting to prolong such a life is very reasonable.

If he were at that age but in his 30-year-old body, never aging or suffering from any disease or other health issues, do you think he'd be putting a pistol to his head? Very doubtful.

Of course if you're old and suffering from a terrible illness you won't want to keep prolonging your life artificially. The goal is a prolonged healthy, youthful life.

>People would always want an ending. Prolonging life is one thing but don't expect people to desire a life that they cannot escape from. They would just choose how they wanted to end
Yes, transhumanists/longevity researchers make it clear what their goal is: to let people choose when and how to die. That's all. They're all for personal liberty. If you want to die at age 100, that's your right. If you want to die at age 1000, they say that that should be your right, too.

The idea that most people would reject immortality if given the option is total BS. Take a healthy, happy person at age 50, and on every one of their subsequent birthdays, they get a choice of "die today, or live one more year". If they're happy and healthy on their 51st birthday, they're extremely likely to extend it another year. And then on their 52nd birthday, another year. And then another. If they stay in good health, why put an end to it? Why stop enjoying life, creating things, interacting with people?

Obviously a world with eternal youth and eternal life is very far away and beyond our lifetimes, but it'll happen some day if there are no major catastrophes. And that world will be far better to live in than ours, without a doubt.

>> No.11912783
File: 14 KB, 255x247, pepe-loser-forehead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw the copes of deathists itt
>"einstein and alan watts said hurp durp"
>"im rational becuz i accept getting fucked up the ass by nature"

>> No.11912788

>>11912766
I answered you, not my fault if you refuse to accept any answer that don't fit your belief.
I feel you are the one who tried to weasel out of your question, but in the end, you seem to agree that you should let anyone live as long as they want.
If one want to live 1000 years before being buried it's his choice and you won't intervene (in part because you'll certainly be dead before he is), during that time that person may decide he'll want to keep living longer and change the date.

>> No.11912789

>>11912783
Say the guy who would die without a sense of purpose or an understanding of it

>> No.11912790

You're already immortal you dumb fucking idiots.
You came from nothing before. You will come from nothing again.
Thinking death is 'the end' is low IQ.

>> No.11912795

>>11912789
Not the person you're replying to, but what the fuck is that New Agey gobbledygook supposed to mean?

There is no purpose or understanding when it comes to death. You just exist and then you don't. Non-existence is the default state of all things, and everything alive is constantly battling to exist just a little bit longer.

Say what you're trying to say with clear words rather than lofty allusions.

>> No.11912796
File: 81 KB, 259x377, 1422051870284.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912776
Is it now?
We have done many experiments over the idea of pleasure and as far as the results go, the brain would always adapt to the stimulus and demand more to be stimulated.

Would you really be happy as an immortal?
In the world you pictured, people would be free to live as long as they like but they would all end the same way.

A suicide pill after decades of desperate attempts to get stimulated because nothing works anymore.

Not complaining. Just a food for thought

>> No.11912797

>>11912795
>i have no idea what to do with my life

>> No.11912798
File: 21 KB, 267x400, 44508443.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912789
>a sense of purpose or an understanding of it
nice meme you got there.

>> No.11912800

>>11912798
Don't act so high and mighty. You are going to die alongside everyone.
Take it as you will

>> No.11912804
File: 197 KB, 519x526, 43e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912800
>Say the guy who would die without a sense of purpose or an understanding of it
>Don't act so high and mighty

>> No.11912806

>>11912796
Yes, the hedonistic treadmill would certainly still exist like it does currently. Some people certainly will choose suicide in this future due to running the treadmill until it loses power.

But that's already the case for people living in first world countries today. Most people will choose to remain immortal, just like most "first world-itis" people currently choose not to commit suicide. Some choose suicide, but most don't.

It's true that we'll probably see exacerbations of the kind of things we see in first world countries, with purposelessness and boredom in many people and all that, but there'll also be lots of counter-balances to it in the form of new technology and societal mechanisms that'll exist at that time. And either way, it all comes down to choice. If someone wants to kill themselves (after long and careful deliberation; obviously not in response to a breakup or something), I think they should be able to. I think 90%+ of people will choose to remain alive for as long as possible, though, as long as they're still biologically young and healthy.

>>11912797
I'm perfectly fulfilled and happy with my life. I have purpose and meaning. That's one of many reason why I'd like to stay alive.

Life span is orthogonal to purpose. I don't want to stay alive so I can "figure out what I'm really meant to do"; I want to stay alive so I can continue to live a purposeful life for as long as possible.

Again, speaking in cryptic references and implications isn't an argument.

>> No.11912808

>>11912804
Yes?
We're all going to die
Take it as you will

>> No.11912814
File: 85 KB, 680x680, 1420462040949.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912806
Not really.
Now that I think about it, it would be quite horrible

1. No one can die without consent
2. Everyone past a certain age is desperate for stimulus.
This two factors would lead to an age of outright degeneracy and decadence because they do not want to die and would go hard on trying to find something to live for. No matter how degenerate their desires would be.

The children too would be exposed to a culture of moral abhorrence and may even be targetted because they cannot die and whatever mental trauma they got would be healed with enough time

Shit would be EXACTLY like a Slannesh paradise.

Sorry
I
DON'T
WAN'T
THAT

>> No.11912817

People commit suicide because they are bored.
Nothing wrong in my little town.

>> No.11912819

>>11912817
>>11912806
sorry i forgot to link it.

>> No.11912821

>>11912790
>Thinking death is 'the end' is low IQ.
Death is the end of one`s existence and one`s life. We are not some arbitary assemblance of atoms but a continous process and if cut, we die.

>> No.11912823

>>11912814
No one care what you believe since we won't need your consent to live forever.

>> No.11912824

>>11912823
Would you?

>> No.11912828

>>11912806
Everything works fine i have no stress at all but i am bored. Do you have any good suggestions for me?

>> No.11912835

>>11912824
I would. Plenty of project in mind that will require more than 100years to complete.

>> No.11912840

>>11912821
>We are not some arbitary assemblance of atoms
false, you are equivalent to your assembly of atoms and if those atoms are drawn apart then you "die". If those atoms are arranged together in your pattern then you're 'alive' and your consciousness exists localized to that system of interconnected atoms.

>> No.11912842

>>11912835
You will die in 50 years now shut up

>> No.11913029

>>11912840
This wouldn't be my consciousness though. The pattern identity theory fails to understand the necessity of continuity. In the infinity if time a boltzmann construct of mine may arise one time but my brain will had no interaction with it. Choose CIT and not PIT.

>> No.11913052

>>11913029
If somehow the no cloning theorem were violated and an exact copy of you were constructed with the same type of atoms arranged in the same pattern, your consciousness would exist non-localized in those two brains separated in spacetime.
"continuity" is just the organized atoms existing in a similar state as a previous state. People who argue against this make the argument that "the atoms and stuff in my brain aren't the same as they were from 5 years ago!" but that's entirely irrelevant. The molecular bonds and the overall organization is pretty much exactly the same, with maybe very minor changes in the pattern corresponding to new knowledge gained.

The synaptic pattern and arrangement of molecules that fires in your head when you think the thought of, say, an apple, is exactly the same as it was when you were a child. It simply exists in a deeper layer (literally deeper, as in the folds in your brain are deeper down into it).

Obviously the no cloning theorem and the no broadcast theorem render it impossible, even in principle, to make a copy of your atomic structure so you can't ever get a clone anyway.

There exists a unique copy that is "you", that is constructed by specific types of atoms organized in a specific way, that pattern does not change across you life, and wherever that pattern exists, your consciousness exists localized in that pattern. This pattern can not, even in principle, emerge from any other organization of any other set of atoms. It is in one to one correspondence with the specific system of specific atoms that you are. You are the system, the system is you.

>> No.11913081
File: 55 KB, 849x685, Klinom_Krasnim_by_El_Lisitskiy_(1920).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11910183
Subtle

>> No.11913352
File: 295 KB, 700x704, 44411100.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.11914347

>>11909670

Amazing, but destined to fail. Human beings are garbage at writing secured and well integrated systems. On top of that, transhumanism is a direct threat to the current and immediate future political climate. The probability of it being available to the masses is basically unlikely. We have a higher chance of going extinct first as powers that be will hoard tech, create unsustainable income inequality, erode the ecological structure of the earth, and ultimately create conditions that will lead to a world war/destabilization that leads to a massive loss of life--that incidentally will be composed of many of the world's brightest STEM focused people, who can drive this change in the first place.

>> No.11914364

>>11909698
The key difference is that transhumanist ideas, studies, ambitions, and thinkers have a realistic probability of achieving their ends, whereas no organized religion can justifiably say the same.

>> No.11914421

>>11914364
Religion instigated the entirety of age of exploration and contributed largely to the cohesion of civilization itself. Transhumanism is just popsci kids with /x/ tier of idiocy

>> No.11914625

>>11914347

>> No.11914628

>>11914347
It's possible machines could live in space.

>> No.11914710

>>11914628
>machines
>live

>> No.11914755

>>11914347
>Human beings are garbage at writing secured and well integrated systems

We already have neural nets that can evolve and rewrite themselves, with some advancement I believe that trans-humanism is possible
>transhumanism is a direct threat to the current and immediate future political climate

This and litigation will be the biggest holds on progress. Massive legislative changes would need to be made due to extended life.

>The probability of it being available to the masses is basically unlikely
At first, but there would always be a black market which will lead to demanded research of the ramifications and eventually cheaper alternatives

>powers that be will hoard tech
Behind litigation and possible health effects, it might be possible to get procedures done in non western countries

>create unsustainable income inequality
Were nearly there don't need trans-humanism for that. But with it introduce it would create smaug levels of wealth hoarding

The rest is a stretch of a really dark scenario

>> No.11914765
File: 202 KB, 294x307, 1423454482689.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>turn yourself into a machine

>became a slave to a manufacturer
Or
>get hacked and be a slave to the hacker

Wow. What a future

>> No.11914769

>>11914765
The human condition isn't perfect either.

>> No.11914773

>>11914765
A largely meaningless mechanical existence. Abominations have no free will.

>> No.11914779

>>11914421
While religion has been paramount in furthering the sciences and funding of projects as well as societal cohesion. Transhumanism is just scientific continuation, the next best step possible due to genetic engineering being outlawed. Im not expecting GiTs level transhumanism in my lifetime but giving disabled people a new lease on life is essentially transhumanism in it's infancy and a noble pursuit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaFiwC1xh2Y

>> No.11914783

>>11914769
At least you cannot be enslaved because someone cut you up and diddled your organs
A transhuman connected his mind to the internet. Oh how harmless that is

>> No.11914786

>>11914765
Possible in the case of brain aug or even limb modification.
>became a slave to a manufacturer
Im sure there would be no ethical laws to prevent this besides there could be options for open source software.

>get hacked and be a slave to the hacker
A possibility with neuro mods but it's always a constant race between the dev and hack. Tesla's could be hacked and run off cliffs but you don't see it happening.

>> No.11914789

>>11914779
Transhumanism is the idea that a machine body is better than an organic one.
Huge difference between prosthethics and abandoning your own flesh

>> No.11914792

>>11914786
>there are laws therefore it would not happen
Look at him and laugh

>> No.11914794

>>11914789
I would say it's the difference between software and hardware.

If I can interface with the muscles in my leg, why not the signals from my brain?

>> No.11914803

>>11914794
That's not transhumanism nor body purity
The science of interfering with your body is called biology and chemistry.

Transhumanism is in the field of robotics

>> No.11914807

>>11914789
Trasnhumanism in most respects doesnt entirely mean abandoning the flesh instead it's enhancing it via synthesis with technology

>> No.11914810

>>11914803
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_neuroscience

read a book nigger

>> No.11914815

>>11914810
Computational neurosiece is part of neuroscience
Neuroscience is biology

It's literally just using math to understand the brain. It is not about using computer to replace the brain

>> No.11914825

>>11914792
The options of becoming a slave to them would either be due to catastrophic events were augmentation was forced upon you(financial). Forced updates to keep augs up to date and/or secure (software). Which is why I mentioned open source software. Or maybe something with the interface itself possibly biological. Or something unfathomable. But if it became more available there would need to be protections in place.

>> No.11914828
File: 2.74 MB, 1254x10000, time travel brain chemicals.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11912580
>What do YOU want to do with immortality?
Pic related

>> No.11914830
File: 303 KB, 1236x949, the techies&#039; wet dreams.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909670
Ted basically refuted transhumanism when he wrote Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How.

>> No.11914833
File: 362 KB, 1229x923, the techies&#039; wet dreams 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914830

>> No.11914836
File: 329 KB, 1186x901, immortality is a pipe dream.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914833

>> No.11914838
File: 363 KB, 1190x904, technianity.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914836
Transhumanism is just religion for atheists.

>> No.11914840
File: 1.88 MB, 498x282, aunty fire.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914825
lol no.
Lmao
It would be just another case of manufacturers acting benevolent to hide the bad things

"You work for us so you are entitled for FREE bionics that would improve your everything so long as you work for us. So keep working for us."
"To relieve stress, our bionics also makes you orgasm with massive dopamine"
"No, you would not develop addiction and dependance. Promise"

I work for Apple. The first week was literal propaganda of telling us how they are special and we are priviledged to work for them. I shit you not

>> No.11914841
File: 738 KB, 894x1592, Ted on the future.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.11914842
File: 20 KB, 329x500, Better Never To Have Been.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11911489
>implying they're wrong
>implying wanting to live isn't just a cope

>> No.11914847

>>11912761

>The only "argument" futurist zealots ever make is "in the past technology advanced when people thought it wouldn't which means it will continue to advance!"

Ok, disprove this argument and you will be given your so desired "I am right" gold medal.

Throughout the ages we had humans acting against scientifical trends, the same way you want to influence people here into believing immortality/brain uploading is pseudo-science, people during the times of the Wright Brothers believed that only angels could fly and god did not make men to fly.
There is an article of a New York times journalist bashing flying machines, what we now, a hundred years later, call airplanes.

I do not care about your beliefs mate, I have no problem if you believe immortality is not feasible. I do have a problem however with the fact that you want to influence this ignorant and pseudo-scientific thinking into the readers of this thread and possibly halt the progress of brain uploading/immortality.
For all I know, the dude who could possibly crack it and deliever it during our lifetimes might be reading this post.

I'm set, and the moment brain uploading starts I will upload myself and live life how I want, if I become depressed I'll just delete the memories that make me depressed.

I'm ok with you taking the natural path and I won't enforce brain uploading on you, just don't enforce your religious ideals on me and force my body and my counciousness into a grave and to the dark oblivion that is non-existance.

>> No.11914851

>>11914830
>>11914833
>>11914836
>>11914838

Just sum that up, this is a shitposting website made for weaboos

>> No.11914852

Trans people aren't human. I'm against it

>> No.11914855

>>11914840

>I work for Apple. The first week was literal propaganda of telling us how they are special and we are priviledged to work for them. I shit you not

But you are priviledged to work for them.

I am an employee of a less powerful tech company and if Tim Cook told me I could replace you if I killed you I would without thinking twice.

My life would improve 10 times lmao

>> No.11914858

>>11914855
How does that improve your life?

>> No.11914860

>>11914847
If that's your idea, then why not just take drugs and overwhelm yourself with pleasure?
You will die before your immortality happened
Do drugs now and have the same mindless euphoria you are dreaming off

>> No.11914861

>>11914792

Big tech companies can't break the law to hurt you if you are under the juristiction of that law.
Big tech companies didnt make children to produce their chips for inhuman incomes under american law, but they did in China.

So at the end you should be worried more abour the government than a big corp.
The idea that big corps will rule us is not realistic since corps only exist for one thing: profit
Governments existed for ages because of far greater goals than mere profit.

>> No.11914865

>>11914840
That would be in the case of probable cutting edge augs, which the privledged will receive by working so close to the research. I imagine the common man would get second rate augs, some seething will ensue.

>> No.11914871

>>11914861
What idealistic world do you live in?
Apple literally lost millions after they got sued for releasing updates that slows down the older phones

They once planned for phones that explode if someone unauthorized tried to repair them
They are suing people that tries to repair their phone and their own technicians are discouraged from repairing phones to force the costumers to buy a new one

And this is just Apple. Amazon workers are in literal hell where they have to wear diapers because there is no break time.

Remember the Company Towns of the 1900's?

>> No.11914872

>>11914861
Either way, augmentaions would lead to slavery.

>> No.11914876

>>11914865
The fuck's a common man.
In such a world, you are either at the 1% or you are a slave

Your idea of common man are those that have no augmentations and cannot compete in the market and they would be heavily oppressed because they are not enslaved and therefore dangerous for the system

>> No.11914878

>>11914860

>You will die before your immortality happened

I do not believe that and like I said, you do not dictate my future, if by 2070 mind uploading isn't a thing I will just freeze myself and wait for my resurrection.

I'm more than sure in 100 to 2000 years I will be back up. Lots of reasons for humans of the future to ressurect our brothers that are now frozen:
1. It would be the greatest breakthrought in the fields of medicine and biology.
2. Historical purposes. I'm more than sure that if modern historians AND scientists could bring a cave man back to life they would do it without thinking twice.
3. Out of spite for the ones who chose the natural death perhaps lmao

>If that's your idea, then why not just take drugs and overwhelm yourself with pleasure?

Ignorant and limited thinking like this REALLY shows who are the pseudo-thinkers and who aren't.

I don't want to live forever for endless pleasure, I want to see it all and see how it all ends, curiosity is the word.

>> No.11914879

>>11914858

I will make more money.

>> No.11914882

>>11914879
You get "company credits" that you can use to buy stuff from the company.
And you cannot spend it outside.
Because you are a slave

>> No.11914884

>>11914871

>Apple literally lost millions after they got sued for releasing updates that slows down the older phones

This one thing. This is a typical thing thst big corps do, and that will always happen.

You are dishonest and a liar if you think this is equal to slavery or financial slavery.

>> No.11914886
File: 40 KB, 333x293, She+is+a+rider+afterall+_c18a77f3e8daeada1b20e01b1f6a3af5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914878
That's just procastination with extra word

Just say you want to laze around all day instead of pretending to be some wise man

>> No.11914888

>>11914884
Apple have China labor where the buildings have nets to capture anyone who tries to jump to their deaths

You are so naive

>> No.11914891

>>11914882

Great, I would STILL take the opportunity if presented.

It takes being at the bottom to know and appreciate the top, child.

>> No.11914892

>>11914888
>Apple have China labor where the buildings have nets to capture anyone who tries to jump to their deaths

Alright, now you go ahead and point how what you wrote contradicts with what I said.

>> No.11914893

>>11914891
You are a slave, dumbass.
You have no ladder to climb

>> No.11914894

>>11914876
>In such a world, you are either at the 1% or you are a slave
You wouldn't need cutting edge augmentations to compete and those that refuse them would still be viable in their own fields maybe not at the top(if neuro mods ever become a thing) but augmentation can only take you so far. There would still be participation by purists.

>> No.11914898
File: 159 KB, 1020x807, 1564707114005.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914892
Workers earn a base wage of 2,100 yuan ($295), which is "insufficient to sustain the livelihood for a family living in Zhengzhou city," according to the CLW report.

The report also claims other rights violations at the factory including:

Workers at the factory put in "at least 100 overtime hours a month" during peak production seasons, even though Chinese labor law states they must not work more than 36 overtime hours a month. Resignations are not approved for regular workers during peak season.
Some dispatch workers failed to receive bonuses promised to them from the dispatch company.
Student employees also work overtime during peak production season even though internship laws prohibit that.
The factory does not provide workers with adequate personal protective equipment and workers do not receive any occupational health and safety training.
The factory does not report work injuries.
Apple said it found during its investigation that the percentage of temporary workers exceeded its standards. "We are working closely with Foxconn to resolve this," the company said.

>> No.11914902

>>11914886

>Just say you want to laze around all day instead of pretending to be some wise man

Yes.
Endlesly admiring the wonders if the universe, the power of humanity and endlesly fucking hookers.
And it all would be far better than to simply cease existance.

You have a limited view on an individual and life itself, you write that thinking that I would get bored, while I would just erase my memories and do things like it was the first time. Forever.

>> No.11914904

>>11914898

My original arguments:

>Big tech companies didnt make children to produce their chips for inhuman incomes under american law, but they did in China.
>So at the end you should be worried more abour the government than a big corp.

Still can't understand how what you wrote in your two previous replies contradict my arguments.

>>11914893

And you are clearly just a socialist.
Communism has never worked.

>> No.11914908
File: 48 KB, 500x500, avatars-000505677987-qav2n0-t500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914902
Dude, you are just another case of a procrastinator defending his laziness.

You don't appreciate shit. You just mindlessly consume anything reachable on the couch

Stop embarrassing yourself

>> No.11914912

>>11914908

So you tackle my points with ad hominem and weaboo posting? That is quite sad, and ironic, since weaboos are known the be what you described on your post.

It awes me how you compare spending a whole day on a couch doing nothing with exploring the universe. That is peak nihilistic existance, shouldn't you just end it, if that is what you believe?

>> No.11914916
File: 527 KB, 680x680, f0c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914912
Oh don't drown in your purple prose.
You are just a lazy sack of shit worth less than dirt.

Admiring your neet life and comparing it with "admiring the universe". What a fucking joke

>> No.11914924

>>11914916

Elon Musk believes the same thing, and just recently he passed Warren Buffetin riches.

So one of the top billionares in the world is a NEET, and we shouldn't do anything in life, we should develop anything, just accept natural death written in the Bahble because a fat pseudo-intellectual said so. Got it.

Clearly just a troll, if not, I would suggest hanging, I feel it's more painful than shooting the brain.

>> No.11914927
File: 304 KB, 680x531, c89.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914924
Finally admitting you're just a neet, huh?
Really hit the nerve on that one, huh

>> No.11914931
File: 36 KB, 452x678, images (13).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to upload my counciousness into another body, I want to be an ansian chad.

>> No.11914935

We are already transhuman, not fully.

I'm not communicating with you through the natural ways, in person.
I'm using my computer, which is an extension of me, to communicate with you, and you use your computer to input this data into your brain and compute it.

I just wonder how long it will take bionics to reach the acceptable level, giving the crippled their full functionalities back.

>> No.11914939

>>11914935

Therefore it is hyprocritical being against transhumanism while at the same time owning a smartphone.

>> No.11914947

>>11914851
You won't achieve immortality unless you remain permanently useful to the dominant self-prop systems

>> No.11914949
File: 35 KB, 680x339, gasoline brainlet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914860
>what are long term consequences

>> No.11914951
File: 72 KB, 1726x970, closed individualism.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914931
>implying Closed Individualism is true

>> No.11914972

>>11914947

And what would be a "Self-prop system" for Ted?

>> No.11914978

>People quoting Ted Kaczynski, a self contradictory anti-science terrorist ITT

The absolute state of /sci/

Ted claims in his book that the dreams of the people he calls techies aren't feasible, yet he needed to kill these people?????

If you say someone is going to fall from a bike because he is riding it wrong in your point of view, you don't need to attack and fucking kill him, just let him fall flat on his face... Or let prove that you are wrong.

Ted poster, just fucking drink bleach and make your family do the same, you are the modern incarnation of the people who wanted to kill Galileo because of god

>> No.11914991

>>11914978

>Ted claims in his book that the dreams of the people he calls techies aren't feasible, yet he needed to kill these people?????

Yet he killed a Timber industry lobbyist, marketing executive from a marketing company and a fucking computer store owner. Surely if he is against techies he should've directed his bombs to tech people? Like you know, Bill Gates?

Clearly everything said by a man as intelligent as good old Ted is true.

What a joke.

>> No.11915016

>>11914951

What is closed individualism??? I'm not an all-knowning being and google doesnt help, the definitions sound like phylosophical farts.

>> No.11915079
File: 808 KB, 684x3336, 20131122.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914828
Those are funny too

>> No.11915101
File: 211 KB, 684x864, 1508531878-20171020.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11915079
Found this on the way, perfect feature for Deathist

>> No.11915272
File: 407 KB, 1080x1528, ted1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914841
>>11914838

>> No.11915337

>>11909670
Honestly, I think it is inevitable. As much as I would love to believe that we could become akin to the humanity shown in Star Trek TNG, I predict we will rather become the Borg.

>> No.11915345

>>11915337
A failure of a civilization that cannot invent stuff on their own and has to leech off others for new ideas?
Wow, what a future

>> No.11915409
File: 177 KB, 536x284, 1594300085987.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909670
The biggest issue with human augmentation is the growing gap between the rich and poor. Coupled with automatization your common baseline will not be able to compete with augmented rich or get access to the necessary enhancements. That's why I see a cardinal importance of establishing a Universal Health Care System that does not just seeks to treat people but to enable and enhance them. A society will benefit immensely if its children will all be born healthy, fit and smart and if it let's no potential go wasted by enabling anyone to have access to good cybernetic and nanotechnological treatments. In developed nations this might work out, but then the already existing gap between rich and poor countries will grow even larger. In 100 years a common european or japanese will differ fundamentally from anyone that grow up in a third world.
Not a utopia nor a dystopia awaits us but new complexities, new potentials and new conflicts. Augmentations mostly won't be developed in black programs but will either be byproduct of medical research and follow in its application the supply/demand rule of all emerging technologies. Human modifications will be less horrific and glamorous than many think, it will be rather mundane. Or will become mundane because people do underestimate the therapeutic time humans will need to adapt to their augmentations. Transhuman technologies will not be the next computer or cellphones, but will become the next house.
I doubt that GRAIN augmentations will develop as smartphones did, because each augmentation will require a extensive treatment. Augments like nanosymbionts, genetic engineering and proteus nanovirusis are also autonomous thus can exist without a supporting system. Even bionic organ replacements wouldn't require a system and could operate independently.

>> No.11915427
File: 49 KB, 498x369, angry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914902
>I would just erase my memories and do things like it was the first time. Forever.
I've dealt with people who suffered Alzeimers
You have no idea how fucking stupid you are

Those words are so fucking stupid I cannot believe you actually made me feel angry at how you take your memories for granted.

>> No.11915431

>>11915427
>I've dealt with people who suffered Alzeimers
Not him but I saw somebody I holded dear decay and die with this disease. I don`t think that anon was implying that he would scramble his short-term memory but rather that he would go a simulated rebirth.

>> No.11915451
File: 602 KB, 277x325, SUPER ANGRY.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11915431
>he would go a simulated rebirth.
>if the pain of losing your wife was so bad why not just abandon your memories of her and find a new lover

Let them eat fucking cake? I want to fucking drag you fucks all the way to the retirement homes and slap some senses on your asses black and blue.
There, every fucking day is so fucking new they cannot even remember their names let alone their families who abadoned them.

You fucking idiots!

>> No.11915474

>>11915451
First of all, nobody is implying that anyone wants to have alzheimer and mentally decay until their self is gone.
Furthermore I disagree with the notion that one would get bored with immortal life, especially in a transhumanist/posthumanist civ such notion is laughable. So I wouldn`t delete any memory but cherish my existence.

>> No.11915483

>>11915474
What the fuck is existence if you would just fucking delete your past?

There is no fucking way to reason with someone so fucking stupid.
Go sit on the corner and reflect of what you wrote

My god, I am shaking with absolute rage

>> No.11915489

>>11915483
Didn`t you read what I was writing?

>> No.11915493

>>11915489
Yes and it fucking hurts

>> No.11915495

>>11915493
No you didn`t because then you knew that I was arguing against deleting one`s memory.

>> No.11915497

>>11915495
>I would just erase my memories and do things like it was the first time. Forever
Stop talking to me.

>> No.11915506

>>11915497
You are talking to two anons.

>> No.11915512
File: 44 KB, 512x512, 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914841
>These engineered human beings may be happy in such a society, but they most certainly will not be free. They will have been reduced to the status of domesticated animals.

Woah, cool it with the antisemitism, Ted!

>> No.11915524
File: 215 KB, 1280x747, 5EC7C34D-A092-4F7F-BB17-E7EB1F8EC024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Eternal life can already be achieved without the act of mutilating yourself with dozens of instruments and technologies. It can already be achieved without freezing yourself, or uploading your consciousness to a computer, or cloning yourself, or doing any of that wacky stuff that doesn’t even practically work.

Eternal life can be achieved through the accomplishment of Jesus Christ crucified. For He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

>> No.11915610
File: 113 KB, 702x878, 1590006611914.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11915524
How do Christians reconcile their faith (especially the scripture) with the historic overlap between Crhistian mythology and a number of previous religions, hundreds of years of constant editing and redacting (church councils), doctrines developing alongside political struggles, splintering into sub categories - all to the point where your current belief system has lost all consistency and bears little resemblence to the "Christianity" depicted in your pic for instance?

In order to do that, not only would you have to belief that the enitrety of human spiritual history is part of an elaborate godly plan to produce Christianity (in direct contradiction to the creation myth it promotes), but also that Christianity was produced specifically for you and a tiny number of people living today, at the expense of all prior "Christians" who possessed a scripture that had not yet traversed the century long "godly transformation process" and need therefore be discarded as heretics and cultists.

It boggles the mind when you contemplate this for more than 5 minutes and I find it's a similar experience to imagining the size of the universe or the nature of time or things like that.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just don't understand how people can go to church and live by the bible (or how Christian Theologists do their work) when any confrontation with it should immediately cause a spiritual crisis.

>> No.11915615

>>11910300
if the basilisk will exist, i will fuck it in it's AI ass.

>> No.11915656

>>11912580
I want to spend forever with my family. Simple as that. I want to be sure that I’m going to be able to see my wife’s and my children’s faces for all eternity.

>> No.11915720

>>11915451
No need to throw a bitch fit about it.

>> No.11915822

>>11912580
Why wouldn't I want to be immortal?

>> No.11915831
File: 35 KB, 600x457, cd2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11911585
fucking based

>> No.11916329

>>11915610
You wrote an entire essay over a joke?

>> No.11918139

>>11910205
Because they come from Reddit

>> No.11918147

>>11910183
This meme is cringe

>> No.11918173

>>11915506
>>11915512
>>11915610
>>11915656
>>11915822
Why is this stupid fucking NIGGER TIER BOARD lacking users IDs? How tf can you tell who’s answering to whom?

>> No.11918256

>>11909730
Why can't the basilisk preemptively make a vow to enact the punishment in order to stop this loophole?

>> No.11918285

>>11911369
Incredibly, dare I say, based

>> No.11918309

>>11909670
>What do you think of transhumanism?
Absolutly pointless if not an amusing idea. Lets look at aliens for example. I think there is ample evidence out there to confidently say that aliens exist. Second, alien technology is infinitly more advanced than our own.
So then, why is it in every alien encounter recorded have we ever heard of robots, cyborgs or just any kind of bio-mechanical aliens? Why haven't they uploaded their sentience to a machine or their version of the cloud? You wanna know why? Because either A: its impossibke, or B: if its possible its probably awful and has some kind of drawbacks. I mean have you ever considered how it feels to be a sentient digital entity? Probably very different to a living breathing human. Id sooner put my money on human brain into animal transplants.

>> No.11919359

>>11914847
>Ok, disprove this argument and you will be given your so desired "I am right" gold medal.
Becuase as low hanging fruit is solved, the open problems that then need to be solved are objectively more difficult (meaning they objectively require more computation time or finding exact solutions to higher order PDEs etc) which make them intrinsically more and more difficult to figure out.
There will be a point where all the open problems are so intrinsically difficult that they will never be solved. This point is coming far sooner than you think.

>> No.11919647

>>11911143
Use a quantum processor to run a trillion simulations with different probable environments and the winning gene gets the prize, just like normal evolution.

I don't like transhumanism either but that's not the point tho

>> No.11919877

>>11916329
>just a prank bro

Nice try crossfag

>> No.11919933

>>11909698
this
and it's wishful fucking thinking.
Basically metaphysics for people with a computational model of cognition.
No one alive today will be alive long enough to actually transplant their consciousness. The best we'll have is a tulpa version of someone with ai generated responses that are an approximation of their own.
Just like "Artificial Intelligence" modern day "Transhumanism" is more buzzword than actual reality.

>> No.11919940

>>11912182
do you unironically think anti-semitism just popped into existence within the last 4 years

>> No.11919942

>>11909689
>Alt-right
Why do you faggots have to bring this into everything. Fucking WHEN did transhumanism have anything to do with "the alt-right"? You're the fucking schizo.

>> No.11919945

i think our only shot are true immortality is atomic brain scan.

>> No.11920032

>>11919945
A copy of one's mind is not one's mind. Only the Moravec Mind Transfer or the Mind Shift could make it possible for a human mind to become as immortal as it gets. But true immortality will remain impossible as long mindkind never develops metric engineering, a method to utilize vaccum energy or reversible computing. If such technologies will never be achieved, any intelligence can only hope to exist as long as black holes exist, around 10'100 years.

>> No.11920119

>>11919647
>winning gene
Yeah, that's where you got it wrong
There is no winning gene. Just one that is most suited for the job. The gene that your super computer would end up with will be exactly the same as what nature designed, I guarantee it.

>> No.11920143

>>11919945
No cloning theorem

>> No.11920171

>>11909670
*Hacks your brain and turns you into a sex slave for sweaty gay arabs*

>> No.11920195

>>11920171
>being dumb to use a open system
Just use closed augmentations.

>> No.11920220

>>11920195
Get shot by a mcfuggin device and turned into a slave anyway

>> No.11920281

>>11920032
>A copy of one's mind is not one's mind
and yet, here we are.
we are literally upgraded copies of our past selves, with new/deleted memories.

i beleve cryogenics will be achieved in our time, life extention is a 50/50 shot.
mind uploading/transfer is verry unlikely

>> No.11920291
File: 23 KB, 95x94, +_3919f5ae8be331cde5619f7b8504f36d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think it's ironic that the ones who wanted wanted immortality are the ones who never worked a day in their life

If immortality is possible, I want it something you have to work for via virtue and purpose so we can weed out the hedons who only wanted to run away from problems without contributing something in return

>> No.11920306

>>11920281
Are you an idiot?
Your memories aren't copies of you.

No cloning theorem and no broadcast theorem states that no perfect copy of anything could ever be made. You upload your mind and the result would be data that is an imperfect copy. Your dream of mind upload is an outright falsehood

>> No.11920317

>>11915610
The faith of the early Christian Church has been passed down by the Fathers to their Children; and to the Children to their Children, ect.

An oral history and a written history in the Gospels and epistles, along with the other books, exist as a testimony of early Christianity; and we find that early Christians just believed a few simple things: that Jesus is God, and that He died for them on the Cross and rise Again, while being revealed in the scriptures.

Gradually, different doctrines developed via exposure to the scriptures. The Trinity was formulated due to intense Scriptual backing, Baptismal regeneration, ect.

It is all there.

>> No.11920338

>>11920306
Mind uploading is possible if you cut the brain and spine out of the body entirely and wire it up to a sophisticated computer that reads impulses from the brain and CNS, renders a simulation in an artificial environment, and then stimulates the brain and spine so that the person experiences the simulation. The brain and spine and nerve endings and eyes (you could just implant advanced contact lenses into the eyes for the visual part of the simulation) are kept alive indefinitely with advanced biological extension technologies that we don't have yet obviously.
This way the continuity is never severed even in principle. Also this is an advanced science fiction level of technology that does not exist and may never exist.

>> No.11920340

i'm currently having some deep thought about the meaning of life and shit.

we are marely atoms organized in a specific manner, as far as we know we are the first and only to have reached this level of complexité.

the univers is creating more complex mix as it gets older.

imagine how advanced the beings will be in couple billion years from now

>> No.11920367

>>11920338
That is brain in jar. And no, your brain would still die due to wear and tear.

>> No.11920424

>>11920367
>your brain would still die due to wear and tear.
false. if there is a way that is solved that keeps the atomic structure held over time indefinitely you will never die.

>> No.11920463

>>11920424
>what is entropy
As far as the laws of quantum world goes, even the atoms themselves undergo wear and tear. You don't even have to go there. DNA can decay even in a frozen state in ice or amber, leaving only protein

>> No.11920483

>>11920220
Augments can defend themselves against that via own nanofleets, baselines have no defenses at all. But I do doubt that anyone will care about enslavement when robots are viable.

>> No.11920493

>>11920483
Everyday is an arms race to keep yourself protected and if you can no longer afford the upgrades, you're fucked.

Just go biological~

>> No.11920508
File: 62 KB, 1102x480, 1594955729611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909670
It is better than transsexualism.
But it still sounds pretty much alike.
The idea itself is so much based, it seems to be the only way.
And I don't give two fucks about transsexuals, but it's still not the best group of people to have associative links with.

>> No.11920575

>>11920463
>even the atoms themselves undergo wear and tear
where does that energy go?

>> No.11920588

>>11920575
Go?
No, it undergoes quantum tunneling till they reach the lowest energy state. Aka turn into a blackhole

>> No.11920603

>>11920588
this goes against the second law of thermodynamics

>> No.11920611

>>11920603
Yes, and it's called quantum tunneling.

>> No.11920616

>>11920611
quantum theories are still verry debatable.

>> No.11920633

>>11920616
Quantum tunneling is the reason light escapes from the core of the sun, dumbass.
The second law of thermodynamics is what's debatable because there is a non-zero chance of entropy decreasing in a closed state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluctuation_theorem
>While the second law of thermodynamics predicts that the entropy of an isolated system should tend to increase until it reaches equilibrium, it became apparent after the discovery of statistical mechanics that the second law is only a statistical one, suggesting that there should always be some nonzero probability that the entropy of an isolated system might spontaneously decrease; the fluctuation theorem precisely quantifies this probability.

>> No.11920694

>>11920493
>Just go biological~
That too can be hacked.

>> No.11920704

>>11920694
Hack the immune system that constantly destroys itself if they noticed that something went wrong?

>> No.11920767

>>11914838
holy fucking based.

>> No.11920780

>>11914838
>Transhumanism is just religion for atheists.
Funny how all paths lead to the same end every single time.

>> No.11920805

>>11920780
Death?

>> No.11920838

>>11912422
What's wrong with suicide?

>> No.11920866

>>11915427
>>11915451

Deleting memories is not giving yourself a mental disease.

It is EXACTLY like cameras feed, you can select several seconds, minutes or hours and just deleted them.

>> No.11920876

>>11915483
>What the fuck is existence if you would just fucking delete your past?

Existance is one thing, existance is everything, it encapsulates all of the universe and living things.

What you are talking about is individuality.

If I had your memories I would basically have the memories of two beings, but we are not individuals, at the end of the development road we will be one.

Like god and the holy spirit, we are all the same god, in different bodies.

>> No.11920880

>>11915615

The Basilisk is all of the gods of all religions, it's one entity that can manifest itself on several bodies.

All of that because of technogy. I feel the universe is a big loop, it must exist because it was always there and always created by a god entity

>> No.11920888

>>11920876
That's called being gay.

>> No.11920894

>>11920143

No cloning theorem is a fucking joke.

If my mind was cloned to a robot body It would be two manifestations of the same person.
So I would allow myself to destroy my biological body, or naybe keep it as a backup.

Or just simply upload your mind, destroying your old body, you would wake up in your new body and you wouldnt feel the difference

What is anesthesia.

>> No.11920900

>>11920306

I'm not my 18 year old self.

I disagree with the decisions that he made while in control.

>> No.11920905

>>11920888

Nice argumentation.

>> No.11920909

>>11920888

In theory a god entity would be bored of existance and created billion manifestations of himself to experience something and have some sort of purpose.

>> No.11920911

>>11920894
Say the guy who do not know what no cloning theorem is.

>> No.11920924

>>11920911

>No cloning theorem
>We are quantum beings and therefore can't be copied
>I don't remember every single second of my past
>Humans can't comprehend the quantum universe with ease
>Quantum theory most likely just exist because we don't have the technology to observe the "quantum" particles correctly

>> No.11920929
File: 167 KB, 326x315, +_43efb17d54f84431ff8cf649e47abd01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11920924
Jesus Christ.
You could have just admitted that you know shit or at least googled it.
But instead, you floundered your ignorance with the pride of a god.

>> No.11920964

>>11920929

Why don't you explain the fucking no cloning theorem you fucking twat and its definition for you. I just looked up on google and it said it was something something we can't replicate the quantum state of a human perfectly.

There is no evident proof about counciousness being store in the quantum particles of the human brain

>> No.11920971
File: 25 KB, 600x338, open individualism.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11915016
https://manuherran.com/empty-open-and-closed-individualism/
https://qualiacomputing.com/2015/12/17/ontological-qualia-the-future-of-personal-identity/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WKqO16mkGE

>> No.11920988

>>11920964
The quantum particles ARE you.
If you cannot copy the quantum states, them the end result of the atomic scale and beyond would be different as well.

Imagine building a house. You got the same blue print but the materials would ALWAYS be different if not completely unique. That's the no-cloning

Sorry, no copying or upload of you

>> No.11921000

>>11911143
retard. we dont breed animals so they become strong as fuck alpha tanks in the wild, we breed them for food. for animals we dont breed for food but for travel and sport, such as horses, they have become the peak of their biological potential

>> No.11921003

>>11920988

>Sorry, no copying or upload of you

It was already done using the connectome of a worm, scientists uploaded its brain to a small computer.

>The quantum particles ARE you.

My physical presence, sure, not my counciousness.

And a house is not a human being, using non-councious human constructs in an analogy about human counciousness is not right.

>> No.11921006

>>11921003
Mate, please shut up.
You admitted yourself to be ignorant of quantum mechanics. Stop making yourself look worse

>> No.11921014

>>11921006

There is no fucking evidence about counciousness coming from the quantum particles of a human brain, this shit was made up by pansychists who believe materialistic science, the science that gave us everything, is pseudo-science.

Prove it yourself, show me instead of going full Ad Hominem.

>> No.11921016

>>11911629
Please be quiet

>> No.11921021

>>11921014
>>11921006
>>11921003

And the fact that scientists already uploaded the brain of a worm in a small robot and it started doing things it does out of instincts shows it is feasible.

>> No.11921030
File: 216 KB, 323x296, +_da4cc83f502be48770ebdf1b2a5c9c56.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11921014
What the fuck you think is quantum mechanics?
It's the state of absolute small.
Your brain is made up of quantum states. A state that is completely unique and can never be replicated 100%

My god, it is one thing to be stupid but you're taking it to a new level

>>11921021
>The OpenWorm project has mapped the connections between the worm’s 302 neurons and simulated them in software. (The project’s ultimate goal is to completely simulate C. elegans as a virtual organism.) Recently, they put that software program in a simple Lego robot.

>The worm’s body parts and neural networks now have LegoBot equivalents: The worm’s nose neurons were replaced by a sonar sensor on the robot. The motor neurons running down both sides of the worm now correspond to motors on the left and right of the robot, explains Lucy Black for I Programmer. She writes:
It's not even a worm brain but a simulated brain. Aka a program that immitates a worm

Shut the fuck up

>> No.11921048

>>11921030

>It's not even a worm brain but a simulated brain. Aka a program that immitates a worm

What's the difference between an uploaded counciousness and a counciousness in a human body?

If we do the same with a human and it fears deletion/death, the it's councious and the real person.
If the simulated brain can't understand the concept of not existing and therefore can't be afraid of dying, then it's just a program that immitates a human, like you said.

Stop acting childish mate, this whole "If you don't think like me you are stupid" is pathetic.

So you think we should just stop the researches about mind uploading? What if you are proven wrong in the end?

Like I said, you haven't proven counciousness come from the quantum state. I'm not denying it buddy, all I'm saying is that I believe counciousness id not stored in tbe quantum state of a brain because of the simple fact nobody proved otherwise.

>> No.11921049

>>11921048

I'm not denying quantum particles**

>> No.11921051

>>11921048
The fuck kind of popsci delusion do you live in?
You brain cannot be copied 100%
Therefore your conciousness and memories won't be copied 100% either

Can you not understand something so basic?

>> No.11921066

>>11909670
>What do you think of transhumanism?
Fucking retarded in many ways.

Here's one & it's plenty enough already - Practical aspect:
>dependence on a long production chain to maintain this bs

>> No.11921105

>>11921066
>nanofabricator/3D printer
>hardware/software
That`s all you need.

>> No.11921113

>>11921051
Not him, but neither consciousness nor memory is static, it emerges from continous neuronal processes. Thus Moravec Transfer would allow one to make it possible to bridge one`s Ego over to a fully cybernetic state of brain.

>> No.11921116

>>11921113
Oh for fuck's sake.
ITS A DIFFERENT BRAIN THEREFORE IT'S A DIFFERENT PERSON!

>> No.11921185

>>11921116

>It's a different person.

That's the thing, you can't prove that.

You can only check if an uploaded brain is conscious or not, if it doesn't fear being deleted, then it is nothing but a blank program.

If it has my memories and it fears being deleted, then it is me.

It is up to me to decide, not you.

>ITS A DIFFERENT BRAIN THEREFORE IT'S A DIFFERENT PERSON!

You are extremely childish, you have yet to prove mind uploading wrong, all you do is freak out redditor style, using caps and trying to act unhinged on a imageboard because of a scientific ideal you deem wrong.

>This can't happen because it's impossible!!

That is exactly your arguments sound, you have yet to point why it's impossible.

>Quantum state

Like I said, nobody in the science community has proven consciousness comes from the Quantum State of the human brain.

>> No.11921191

>>11921105
>That`s all you need.
The only thing you can get away with there is printing your own add-on modules. That's prosthetic's tier.
The moment a person commits to some sort of bio-interface he's cucked and reliant.

>> No.11921199

>>11921185

Also, one of the methods of brain uploading would be slicing your brain into tiny little slices and scan the connectome from that.

This process would be taking anesthesia.

For example:

If you wake up from a knee surgery and ths doctors said that they didn't give you anesthesia for the surgery, they only erased your memories of the pain.

How can you even care about that person, which they say was you but you have no memories of the moment?

>> No.11921206

>>11921199

This process would be like taking an anesthesia.****

>> No.11921210
File: 72 KB, 800x800, 1409643440487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11921185
>>11921199
Different quantum state = different brain = different neurological pathways = different consciousness = different person

A perfect copy of anything breaks the quantum state and the 3 laws.

Shut the fuck up you illiterate fuck.

>> No.11921227

>>11921210

I will stop replying because you are clearly a troll.

You keep replying like a parrot about quantum state = counciousness and even if I tell this idea was never proven you just keep yapping about it, are you stupid?

You failed many times to prove that the counciousness is the quantum state of a brain, this just an idea, a theory, It. Was. Never. Proven.

>A perfect copy

I'm not a perfect copy of my 18 year old self as I don't remember everything during that time, yet I'm still here.

>Shut the fuck up you illiterate fuck.

Cope mechanism, can't prove something, brain fires primitive agressive behaviors in order to feel comfortable.

Grow up.

>> No.11921232

>>11921227
It was proven long ago, dumbass and its's called Quantum neurobiology

>> No.11921262

>>11921232

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5681944/

>Quantum brain HYPOTHESIS

As in an idea that has not been proven.

There are arguments there that contradict your quantum eastern religion thinking, for example the fact that our neurons are too large for quantun particles to play any role in our functionalities.

I say eastern religion because the creators of the quantum brain hypothesis are scam artists trying to sell their books and all while all they say how current science is false and how the universe is exactly what buddhists have in mind. The main culprit being Penrose.

Now, to your ad hominem and you repeating that quantum brain is a proven fact, which is not:

>> No.11921283
File: 77 KB, 300x300, 1455533685706.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11921262
My mistake
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cognition
The conciousness has already been mathematically proven to be dependent of quantum states. And for good reason. It's the foundation from which all of reality stands

Will you shut up now?
You do not even know science. You're spouting stuff from Hollywood and worships it like the turd you are

>> No.11921291
File: 329 KB, 1908x1146, transhumanism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914364
>The key difference is that transhumanist ideas, studies, ambitions, and thinkers have a realistic probability of achieving their ends, whereas no organized religion can justifiably say the same.

>> No.11921310

>>11921291
I'm not arguing any point or participating in discussion, I just want know, what's with the picture?

>> No.11921315

>>11921310
Trying to understand cattle's movement in order to improve prostethic tech

Basically engineers trying to undestand how to modify the human body to be as good as cattles

>> No.11921339

>>11921291

Religious peoplenhave done worse things for thousands for years, for example raping children in the name of god.

Do I really need to bring the stupidity of the church up?

>> No.11921372

>>11921283

>Since the brain is a 300-degrees Kelvin tissue strongly coupled to its environment, decoherence will prevail and no neuronal quantum computation will be possible. Because of the extremely high speed of enviornment-induced decoherence, the brain should be thought of as classical rather than quantum system" - Jedlička, Peter. Frankfurt University

But sure, I'm supposed to believe in someone posting on a imageboard made for social outcasts.

Anyway, I'm done with this, if brain uploading emerges before I die I'll do it and nobody will stop me, if it doesn't, cryonics then.

>> No.11921393

>>11921372
You cannot even afford to have your body frozen and locked. Shut up

>> No.11921406

>>11909670
simulating a random worthless human's consciousness is obviously pointless.
and likely it will work bio-artificially especially in such a way we correct don't understand.
I'd work my entire life just to create a god, but I'd be tragically disappointed if it ended up retarded and did things like that.

>> No.11921476
File: 719 KB, 886x898, soyboy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11909689
t.

>> No.11921582
File: 382 KB, 420x315, clapping.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11910183
>Thinks nature has a value 'in-itself'. Doesn't understand that only through human beings does anything become meaningful

Best fucking idea I've heard all day.

>> No.11921607

>>11909670
I think transhumanism (e.g. transgender, mtf, ftm) is an evil garnered by the excess discrepancies of "T" (e.g. testosterone) hormonal meritive due to an individually based, case-by-case scenario, regarding desire in many would-be heroes to have that which the high functioning social elite sexual intellectual congregation must garner as cost effectively, efficiently, and ergonomically when regarding individual held belief's over honor and what their, the individual(s) in question's, respective guages (metaphysical) and anima exuberance might purport.

The reddit quote is great as far as suggestion of the transmodeific goes...

>> No.11921627

>>11921607
thanks mr freud

>> No.11922415

if somone was born with my dna and lived throught the exact same thing i did will that person be me?

>> No.11922801
File: 24 KB, 480x640, images (3).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11922415

Yes

>>11921607

>t.

>> No.11922944

>>11911326
nature is billions of years of unconscious decision, we are actively capable of manipulating matter into objects that would have never otherwise existed so what was your point here

>> No.11922982

>>11909670
An eventuality to be sure, just don't be like the guy in op's pic rel. Instead just take your life into your own hands roll brain vitrifrication into a life insurance policy. it's cheap enough for a middle class person to add this setup to their will. Then, if you don't come back your brain can at least be used as research for others.

>> No.11923598
File: 279 KB, 1130x858, self-prop systems.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914972
>By a self-propagating system (self-prop system for short) we mean a system that tends to promote its own survival and propagation. A system may propagate itself in either or both of two ways: The system may indefinitely increase its own size and/or power, or it may give rise to new systems that possess some of its own attributes.

>Proposition 1. In any environment that is sufficiently rich, self-propagating systems will arise, and natural selection will lead to the evolution of self-propagating systems having increasingly complex, subtle, and sophisticated means of surviving and propagating themselves.

>Proposition 2. In the short term, natural selection favors self-propagating systems that pursue their own short-term advantage with little or no regard for long-term consequences.

>Proposition 3. Self-propagating subsystems of a given supersystem tend to become dependent on the supersystem and on the specific conditions that prevail within the supersystem.

>Proposition 4. Problems of transportation and communication impose a limit on the size of the geographical region over which a self-prop system can extend its operations.

>Proposition 5. The most important and the only consistent limit on the size of the geographical regions over which self-propagating human groups extend their operations is the limit imposed by the available means of transportation and communication. In other words, while not all self-propagating human groups tend to extend their operations over a region of maximum size, natural selection tends to produce some self-propagating human groups that operate over regions approaching the maximum size allowed by the available means of transportation and communication.

>> No.11923618
File: 1.51 MB, 1000x1500, anti-tech revolution.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11914972
>Proposition 6. In modern times, natural selection tends to produce some self-propagating human groups whose operations span the entire globe. Moreover, even if human beings are some day replaced by machines or other entities, natural selection will still tend to produce some self-propagating systems whose operations span the entire globe.

>Proposition 7. Where (as today) problems of transportation and communication do not constitute effective limitations on the size of the geographical regions over which self-propagating systems operate, natural selection tends to create a world in which power is mostly concentrated in the possession of a relatively small number of global self-propagating systems.

>> No.11924186

>>11923618
basically this. Just a few pages from the book "Anti-Tech Revolution" is enough to completely and forever discredit transhumanism.

>> No.11924189

What the unholy fuck is wrong with reddit?

>> No.11924283

>>11924186
Not really. Ted is only worshipped because people fail to understand that he isn't a dark anti-hero but a distrubed man that murdered innocents.
Transhumanism is a cosmic-naive worldview which makes many claims of people like Hollenbeque funny as they do not understand how far transhumanism wants to develop.

>> No.11924370

>>11909670
Getting tired of these b8 threads, that's how I feel about it. Godamn, I was on board but now I'm already tired of it before it even took off

>> No.11924450

>>11909670
niggas think they gunna put their brain in a toaster when they can't even handle a man wearing a dress.

>> No.11924453

>>11924450
this reminds me of how this one guy wrote about how star trek people lived in a total bubble. They think they can handle aliens when they can't even deal with people who have a couple of tatoos.

>> No.11924461

>>11924283
tbf, nature is kind of shit.
you take away all the photo editing and golden hour camera work and video editing, nature is ugly as fuck.

>> No.11924520

>>11912422
Great. People should freely choose when they die, be that at 25 or 25 thousand.

>> No.11924537

>>11915272
Dangerously based.

>> No.11924617

>>11924520
Live long enough and you'll be a trouble to society like a meth freak that cannot get high

>> No.11924632

>>11924461
All the proven health benefits of living in nature say otherwise

>> No.11924638
File: 39 KB, 660x425, TIMESAND___PentusRomanus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11910431
Yeah, I was going to write that again but I see that this is still the same thread.

>> No.11925339

>>11912002
>We ARE nature. We never separated from it because we still eat and drink from it. Even a space colony needs gardens, farms, etc.

Yes, but that is only up to a point, right this instant a hurricane or earthquake could wipe out billions of human lives, and all we can do is weep at the fury of "mother nature", people in the past had no delusions that we are "one with nature", or that nature was a kind and caring mother, she was a vengeful bitch who killed at a moment notice, the best they could do was worship and make sacrifices to calm her down.

But as we separate ourselves from nature and reach for space, nature will have less and less power over us, no longer will we recoil in fear before her fury, for we will be far beyond her reach, and as our understanding of the human body increases and we get closer to merging machine and organic bodies into one being, even her hold over our survival as organics beings will fade.

Is nature beautiful? Yes. Should we respect her? Yes. Should we be content to be always at her mercy? No, just like a boy can leave his father and mature into a fine man, so must mankind leave nature and mature into something greater, or perish at the hands of any species that will have the courage to do so, and it would only be a matter of time before they found us.

>> No.11925343

>>11924617
How so? If immortality is possible, then there will be thousands of immortals who understand you and your experiences, there might be some trouble with younger generations having trouble understanding Immortals, or getting angry at having to compete with someone who has 400 years of experience in multiple fields, but I dont see anything beyond that.

>> No.11925348

>Transhumanism is a cosmic-naive worldview which makes many claims of people like Hollenbeque funny as they do not understand how far transhumanism wants to develop.
Just curious, how far do you think transhumanism wants to go? I been reading some articles, but too many guys have weird, conflicting ideas of what to strive for, what is worth pursuing or how to far they should go.

>> No.11925350

>>11924283
Fuck.
>>11925348

>> No.11925393

>>11925343
Basically this>>11912814

>> No.11925448

Denying transhumanism invokes some pretty dumb ideas:

1) Dualism - We're special snowflakes that can't be understood, modified or improved unlike anything else in nature

2) Primitivism - There are people who unironically Ted post on the internet, yes, arguably the first transhumanist manifestation.

3) Egocentric Cynicism - "I don't understand it, so it can't be done"

4) Nirvana fallacy - "Humans are perfect and I know that transhumanism will be worse"

I don't think transhumanism is going to be perfect but I don't think it is impossible and when you are 75 years old with type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's, leukemia and ED, you're gonna be putting your head in the machine too, bet your fucking ass you will. But will it be you or a clone? Well let's replace some of you with machine and see if you still feel the same. If you do, keep going.

>> No.11925458

>>11925393
Heh, too much of a simplistic view, it takes a lifetime to master any real worthwhile skill, like drawing or music, and you need constant work and training just to maintain that level of skill, and being immortal means you are free to pursue another field and even try your hand at high sciences, getting bored or lacking stimulus is the last of your worries.

Of course, if watching animes and masturbating are the only passions in someone life, then said person will have problems long before immortality becomes a issue.

>> No.11925480

>>11925458

You won't be learning piano.

Transhumanism if it happens will be an internet like thinking network and if you are to be a part of it, you will be converting energy into meaningful work, just like you do now. For the post singularity networks to survive they will be forced to compete for energy and resources, so in some sense, we could return to a tribal like existence, with various singularity clouds separating off or merging. It's a fascinating idea but I have no idea what place the individual will have if any in this system. I am sure it will be possible to retain individualities but there will probably be competing or cooperating collectivist hivemind type constructs, no doubt they will have their advantages and drawbacks just like USA Vs USSR, very interesting to think about.

>> No.11925495

>>11909670
I'm pretty on board with SENS as a path to immortality. After that there will be plenty of time to assess other ways of living, no need to speculate now too much.

>> No.11925513

>>11914347
good post

>> No.11925665

>>11925348
Transhumanism seeks to climb the Kardashev ladder up to the last stage.

>> No.11925700

>>11909670
Atheists are retarded.

>> No.11925779

>>11921339
how does that prove anything about transhumanism?

>> No.11925815

>>11909713
Basilisk is just pascal's wager for sci if wages.
pascal's wager Never made sense to anyone over 105 iq, and neither does basilisk

>> No.11926096

>>11925480
I mean, if the singularity does happen, reaching space will be easily done by some countries, there will be no point competing for resources on earth in that case, space has quite literally infinite energy you can tap from the sun, and territory you can conquer and deny to other countries.

The next race will be who can conquer and secure territory up there, be it in planets, asteroid belts or even entire solar systems.

>> No.11926208

>>11912788
The anon I'm replying to is kind of based and at least doesn't sound like a little pussy like the guy he's responding to.

>> No.11926221

>>11926208
other guy found himself in a corner and started spouting random bullshit for whatever reason

>> No.11926227

>>11909670
Insufficient to add intelligences of flesh to something objectively superior.

>> No.11926233

Roko's Basilisk

>> No.11926285
File: 938 KB, 4500x4334, 1595202993374.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11925700
>"muh skydaddy!!1"
cope.

>> No.11926363

>>11926285
Atheists are retarded because of shit like OP's pic.
>skydaddy
And their stupid strawmen.
>cope
with what?

>>11926233
kys

>> No.11926389

>>11914830
Hmm, everything in this boils down to "people will fight for resources on earth", but if the so called singularity becomes real, what reason people would have to fight for resources here when they can just reach for space and get everything they need there? Both energy and materials are quite literally infinite there.
And if things get hot, they can just spread out around the solar system, or even leave this solar system for another one.

One problem I have with Ted, is that his writing gives the impression of humans never leaving earth, even after 3000 years and with all technological advances, he somehow thinks everyone will still be here, that no one would have wanted to leave this planet to live in space or explore deep space.

At the end of the day, if humanity does not reach the space age, another species somewhere in our galaxy will, and one day they will come calling to punch our tickets and erase the human race, either we try for space now, or we face the fact that we are only waiting for extermination, it might take 100 or 10,000 years, but eventually our future will be at the hands of any alien species that has the drive to reach space.

>> No.11928110

>>11925458
You're acting like people wanted to do something with their life.
The #1 regret of people in retirement homes was "I wish I didn't work so hard". All of them pursued no other goal than to work and eat without making something fulfilling.

Given immortality, those people would quickly succumb to decadence and immorality just to get high because they do not have to work anymore. What else is there to do when you don't want to do something worthwhile to start with

>> No.11928135

>>11928110
>Given immortality, those people would quickly succumb to decadence
Not really, they would finally have the time and youth to do what they always wanted to do. Pick up a thousand new hobbies, skills and educations. Immortal people will still have to work, just less so and with much more patience and will focus on more long-term/sustainable gains than on short-term gains. So they will have a lot of worthwhile things to do.

>> No.11928142

>>11926389
>what is entropy
A singularity and post-scarity is impossible.
The only ones who believe so are the lazy turds who never worked a day in their life

>> No.11928172

>>11928142
A technological singularity is quite likely as we successfully emulated the mind of invertebrates and are in process of creating a simulation of a mouse's brain. A simulation of human mind could occur in this century but it will be a mind that will operate far faster and could augments its mind far easier. While we will never hit true post-scarcity, we could make, with advanced enough technologies, a good approximation of such state. VR, automatization and regulated population could make many products as valuable to us as air.

>> No.11928188

>>11928172
Shut the fuck up, you delusional neet.
Economy does not work that way
If everything is plentiful, nothing is valuable, no one would work, no one is needed, and no one can gather taxes
Governments would cease existing and lead to deterioration of civilization as education was abandoned and the robots that needed upkeep deteriorates over time.

Instead of reading some documentary falsehoods, work for once so you can understand the joy of earning your keep.

And I mean it, the dumb journals you read ALWAYS say that Einstein was wrong. That's unhealthy literature

>> No.11928220

>>11928188
The laziest method for a post-scarcity society will be a UBI but a for a post-scarcity that goes beyond that we have to transition into a posthuman panocratic system. Such system will not work as many belief post-scarcity societies to work but it will be functional to keep up a K2 megacivilization.
>And I mean it, the dumb journals you read ALWAYS say that Einstein was wrong. That's unhealthy literature
The fuck you talkin about?

>> No.11928522

>>11928188
in the end being a scientist is to try and be proven right, the hoping that you will eventually proven wrong, because it will mean that you were on the path to the truth in some form