Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 677 KB, 1000x1024, untitled (44).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11688067 No.11688067 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Can you prove otherwise without using limits or derailing the conversation by saying something about rings or wheels?

Also does putting an anime girl on the image make it so people will look at the post?

>> No.11688076

>>11688067
0/0 is undefined.

>> No.11688080

>>11688067
christ just use the definition you dumbfuck

ax = b
if a = 0 then x can be any number in R not just 0 so their is no one solution

>> No.11688081

>>11688067
>0/0 is 0 and so is 1/0
In which wheel?

>> No.11688085

>>11688067
You're a fucking retard.

>> No.11688086

>>11688080
Let me find the contradiction to that give me a minute, i already wrote out the funny thing.
>>11688076
A classic, "you are wrong because I am right"
>>11688081
I am going to say the normal one

>> No.11688090

>>11688086
its a contradiction that you can have so low IQ and still breath

>> No.11688094
File: 215 KB, 800x2560, yes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11688094

>>11688080
Contradiction if its any number but 0

>> No.11688096

this idiot doesn't know about l'hopitals rule

>> No.11688102

>>11688096
No i don't, care to explain? I specifically asked for NO LIMITS though. Can you disprove it via contradiction?
>>11688090
>>11688085
You're clearly dumber if you can't refute my point and are just hurling insults because your too stupid to actually prove me wrong/

>> No.11688106

>>11688086
>A classic, "you are wrong because I am right"
No idea what that means. I just stated an axiom that OP ignored.

>> No.11688107

>>11688106
Care to prove that axiom?

>> No.11688136
File: 126 KB, 1131x622, 1559436137406.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11688136

*ahem* let me introduce you to null numbers
[math]\frac{1}{0} = n[/math]
[math]\frac{x}{0} = xn[/math]

Every "contradiction" that comes after this is pure distilled cope. This is objective reality.

>b-but what's [math]n[/math] supposed to be then?
what's [math]i[/math] supposed to be then?

>> No.11688141

>>11688136
You are a goon and a dumbfuck. i is the square root of negative 1, it has useful properties. What is 2*1/0? You literally showed jack shit, just put a random symbol to represent 1/0 that nothing supports. My proof doesn't even NEED 1/0

>> No.11688144

>>11688141
>What is 2*1/0?
ummm bro hello it's [math]2n[/math]?? 90 IQ post lol

>> No.11688152

>>11688144
So logically, (1/n)*n = 1 correct? And I assume 2n*0=2 yes?

>> No.11688158

>>11688102
no, and I'm not going to. you have a phone in your hands dumbass or better yet learn calc

>> No.11688161

>>11688144
based nullposting

[math]sqrt{-4/0}=2i*n[/math]

>> No.11688163

>>11688158
Apply it to what i am saying please

>> No.11688193

>>11688163
apply my balls down your throat please

>> No.11688196

>>11688193
No thank you

>> No.11688348

>>11688141
take your meds anon

>> No.11689817

>>11688067
Nothing divided by nothing is nothing.
If one doughnut exists but no one takes it, one doughnut still exists.

>> No.11689904

>>11688107
>proving an axiom
You are either a non-STEM undergrad or never visited a university apart from getting shit faced with your cousin phil and his trashy gf

>> No.11690863

>>11688067
assume 1/0=0=0/0, 1/0=0/0, 1=0

>> No.11690911

>>11688067
This is why everyone thinks math majors are space spergs

>> No.11690915

>>11688067
>Can you prove otherwise
It's literally trivially easy.
0/0 = 0
1/0 = 0
1 = 0
Oops! We have a problem! Both can't be true.

>> No.11690975

>>11690863
>>11690915
You can't just substitute them nigs because they are both undefined.

>> No.11690999

>>11688067
>Can you prove otherwise without using limits or derailing the conversation by saying something about rings or wheels?
If you think 1/0 equals 0, you probably have down syndrome. Whatever 1/0 is, it's obviously bigger than 1/1

>> No.11691019
File: 56 KB, 427x431, Makise Kurisu 6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11691019

>>11688067
Please don't post my wife ever again.

>> No.11691047 [DELETED] 
File: 49 KB, 360x240, 240_F_296775109_oTQ6qJtDfpL18PcRdLCNweWHxfSfnNBS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11691047

>>11688067
The /sci/ server link is https://discord.gg/uQr9PQ
We will interview Bill Nye this week, join.

>> No.11691063

>>11690975
op said prove by contradiction so we can assume the given statement..

>> No.11691129
File: 3 KB, 238x380, 1385145691899.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11691129

>> No.11692626

>>11688067
zero (0) is shorthand for minus one (.000...1) infinity definition

>> No.11694210

>>11688076
not really.
0/0 = 0 in [math]S^{-1}A[/math] being the quotient ring where [math]A,S = (0)[/math]

>> No.11694238

>>11688094
By saying 0/0 = (1/0)*0, you're implying that 1/0 is defined, which it isn't.

>> No.11694248

>>11688067
>Can you prove otherwise without using limits
"can you prove me wrong without using the key concept that makes me wrong?"

>> No.11694504

>>11690911
I can assure you that OP is not a math major, in fact I doubt he's even passed middle school.

>> No.11694591

>>11694238
>OP says 1/0 = 0
>Use basic multiplication to show that can't be true
>Nuh-uh, you can't do basic multiplication to it, because it's undefined
>BECAUSE IT'S UNDEFINED
>Somehow this means it might NOT be undefined
?????

>> No.11694599

>>11694591
The post I replied to wasn't disproving 1/0=0. They were trying to prove 0/0=0, by assuming 1/0 is defined in the process.

>> No.11696253

>>11688067
a * 1/a = 1, but
0 * 1/0 != 1
disproved

>> No.11696607
File: 84 KB, 1344x1506, Capture+_2020-05-21-09-50-32.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11696607

It's clearly undefined

>> No.11696624
File: 75 KB, 1344x1506, capt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11696624

>>11696607
look again

>> No.11696660

>>11691019
Thank you for defending out Scifu Waifu

>> No.11696705

>>11688067
Yeah just graph it retard

>> No.11696819

>>11696607
actually that looks like it's clearly defined at infty

now plot 0/x

>> No.11696968
File: 47 KB, 1184x930, Screenshot_2020-05-21 Desmos Graphing Calculator.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11696968

>>11696819
1/inf ==! 1/0 are you retarded?
Of course 1/inf is defined. Its 0.

y=0/x Is just a straight line. Y=0 when x=0

>> No.11697007
File: 33 KB, 492x500, 1589438764262.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11697007

>>11688067
Why can't I prove it using limits? How is that valid? It's like asking me to prove that 1+1=2 without using addition.

Also, don't ever post my wife again, brainlet.

>> No.11697877

>>11697007
you need to disprove it without resorting to using aparatus which can disprove it. that's the game.

>> No.11697891

>>11697877
Well its graphed above, which proves it. Although graphing is just a visualized limit.

>> No.11698025

There is nothing to disprove. Its all a childish fantasy. Zero does not exist and has no place in mathematics. One might as well ask "What is 1 divided by Unicorn? Its nonsense.

Yes, just nonsense. And one day we of the true faith will EXPUNGE that GOD CURSED nonsense from the textbooks. WITH OUR SWORDS! WE MARCH! IN THE NAME OF GOD! WE MARCH!

DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT!

>> No.11698035

>>11698025
You are also a brainlet.

The number 0 revolutionized mathematics.

>> No.11698597

>>11688067
*Defines the symbols 0/0 & 1/0. Disprove these definitions.* You have to give assertions. All you've done is define symbols. It's like arguing about the definition of a made up word.

>> No.11699559

>>11698597
OP's assertion is that this definition is consistent with the rest of math if you ignore all the instances where it's not consistent with the rest of math. it's not wrong, but it's also completely retarded.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action