[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 85 KB, 800x800, Apollo_17_Blue_Marble_original_orientation_(AS17-148-22727).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11464355 No.11464355[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Of all the videos shot on the moon, why did they never pan up to look at the Earth or the Sun? And speaking of this, why is it so hard to find non-composite images of the entire Earth hemisphere? We've sent so many probes out there that could have taken a snap on the way and yet we have only three Earth images I could find that are not composite, which are: The Blue Marble, Pale Blue Dot and Earthrise. Of these three images, only The Blue Marble is a detailed image that shows the entire Earth hemisphere without a big moon shadow covering half of it, or that has been made as a composite. Pale Blue Dot is just a pixel so it doesn't count.

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but I'm honestly just questioning why there are so few images of the Earth in all it's glory when we have been doing space missions for over half a century. If these photos do exist, why are they so hard to find? On this topic also, if anyone has more non-composite Earth images they could share that would be great

>> No.11464398

>>11464355
About 15k of them here
https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/

>>>/x/
>>>/pol/
>>>/b/
depending what type of troll you are trying to be, hard to tell.

>> No.11464408
File: 267 KB, 1920x1920, Moon_transits_Earth.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11464355
>Of all the videos shot on the moon, why did they never pan up to look at the Earth or the Sun?
Well, they never aimed the camera at the Sun because it would burn out the camera. It happened on Apollo 12. I'm sure a there's a video shot of the Earth from the lunar surface somewhere, but you'll probably not find it in the popular videos of the missions because there's more important things to look at (like the mission itself).

>And speaking of this, why is it so hard to find non-composite images of the entire Earth hemisphere?
Most satellites today that regularly photograph the Earth are either meant to photograph a small section of the Earth or to look at the Earth at a non-visible wavelength of light of interest. There's really no regular need to have those kinds of shots that you describe. However, they can be easily found if you know where to look for.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth
https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/
Also look up SpaceX Starman

>I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but I'm honestly just questioning why there are so few images of the Earth in all it's glory when we have been doing space missions for over half a century.
Like stated above. There's really no need for regular photos of the whole Earth nowadays. Most of the interest are either close up photos for mapping or monitoring, or specialized views for some scientific curiosity.

>If these photos do exist, why are they so hard to find?
Probably because they're not labeled as "Whole View Non-Composite Image of Earth" or something like that. They would have other labels that the original image takers felt was more important.

>> No.11464437

>>11464398
That's not the Earth though that's Neptune.

>>11464408
Yeah ok a camera is gonna get burned by the sun, like we don't take pictures in daylight all the time. Like I said above, all those pictures are Neptune (i.e Earth mirror 5.873). That's just a prana reflection. I need REAL images not some quigong shit.

>> No.11464453

>>11464437
Are you pretending to be retarded?

>> No.11464458
File: 519 KB, 1920x1920, John_Young_Salute_Apollo16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11464437
>Yeah ok a camera is gonna get burned by the sun, like we don't take pictures in daylight all the time.
But all of the Apollo missions took place during lunar day. That way the astronauts can easily see where they're walking around.

>Like I said above, all those pictures are Neptune (i.e Earth mirror 5.873).
What the hell? No. Just no. Both DSCOVR and Himawari 8 show real time images of the Earth and are accurate. Himawari is a weather satellite and it's images match other weather reports. Japan (a country that's vulnerable to typhoons) would be pretty upset if their weather satellite doesn't work.

>> No.11464462
File: 352 KB, 1000x1000, Neptune_Voyager2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11464458
I should also add that Neptune looks nothing like Earth apart from being round and mostly blue.

>> No.11464469
File: 913 KB, 1438x626, globeheads.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE GLOBEHEADS

>> No.11464471

>>11464453
Huh? Why would I do that.
>>11464458
>>11464462
You are only confirming my point. You can't take photos of the Earth if you are already on it anyway. We use Neptune as a pranic mirror (frequency 5,873) to view our own planet. This isn't a real photo though because it's just a pranic composite, which is why I wonder why we don't photograph our own Earth.

>> No.11464472 [DELETED] 

>>11464398
Cir
cum
cised

C
lam
ped

Vacc
in
ated

>> No.11464475

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w0JNussKgw

>> No.11464482

>>11464472
CCV... i.e closed circuit vision which is exactly what globeheads have. This thread debunks globetards entirely

>> No.11464485
File: 295 KB, 1905x1920, Mir_STS-63_approach.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11464471
>You can't take photos of the Earth if you are already on it anyway.
No.

>We use Neptune as a pranic mirror (frequency 5,873)
That makes absolutely no sense. Photos of Earth exist, there's no need to fake it.

>> No.11464497

>>11464485
>billions of airplanes flying around the "globe"
>none visible in this picture
hmmm really makes me think

>> No.11464500

I don't know what OP is on about with prana or some shit but you only need one video to debunk globetards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAmk660CWB4

>> No.11464507

>>11464355
There was a program that used to air 24/7 that was LITERALLY just a satellite filming the Earth as it rotated. It is astoundingly embarrassing for you to say that there's little evidence or that it's "sO hArD tO fInD".

>> No.11464508

>>11464497
A typical jet airliner is about 42 meters at it's longest and about 29 meters at it's widest span. The Earth is about 12,742 km in diameter on average. If you're far enough away from the Earth to see a significant part of it, then planes would be too small for the human eye to see.

>> No.11464509

>>11464500
OP here, I'm not a flat Earther, some cunt has hijacked my thread. Thanks for all the cool photos that people sourced. I just couldn't find many myself they are actually not as easy to find as I think they should be

>> No.11464515

>>11464497
1) The number is closer to 40 million, not "billions".
2) No it doesn't make any intelligent person think. The planes would be fucking TINY at that height. Do you understand? Or do you think that mountains literally shrink as you walk away from them?

>> No.11464519

>>11464355
3 Common misconceptions. The earth is much much bigger as you think. The satellites are very close to earth they are still trapped in the gravitate pool. But the tremendous speeds and centrifugal force stop therm from crushing into earth.

Oh and maybe a fourth one, the Atmosphere is not very big as all in relation to the planet.

So you have a very very tiny dot who rotates with very high speeds around a gigantic ball. There 4 you cant take a picture of the entire earth just a part of it. Do you want to build a extra rocked just to push the satellite high enough to get one more full picture?

See you are not gravity free if you are in space, you counteract gravity with the centrifugal force.

Even here on earth you could have damaged more as one film with holding the camera directly into the sun. I dont know the price per kg to get sth. to the moon but its enormous. The didnt picture the sun cause the dont want to ruin the film i guess.

So you can ruin a film here on earth, now think about the sunset to get an impression how much "light" the atmosphere filters. If you back then with no filter try a shoot from the sun you can take a new film i guess, the old one is gone.

About the moon earth shadow thing, watch the relations of sizes and distance and then attempt your imagination, how likely is it that you have this?

>> No.11464520 [DELETED] 
File: 381 KB, 1080x1080, 1543386292626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11464355
I'm not any particular expert in this aspect, but supposedly many of the Sumerians thought the planet was shaped like a disc. There are waters below, there are waters above, and there is a membrane of some sort which divides the two. So the Earth is essentially much like a cell. I imagine stars would then be either sonoluminescence or activity from glycocalyx like structures.

I don't really care what this place is, ultimately. It really doesn't matter. I might try to prove some model to myself eventually, but there are bigger problems for now.

>> No.11464529

>>11464515
>Or do you think that mountains literally shrink as you walk away from them?
No, that sounds like something a believer of relativity would believe. And why did what I say imply I would believe that? Obviously mountains appear to get smaller they don't shink in reality, someone near the mountain would see it happen! My point is that planes should at least appear as a few pixels from that height. Some planes are like ten miles long so how should they not be visible?

>> No.11464530

>>11464520
>I'm not any particular expert in this aspect, but supposedly many of the Sumerians thought the planet was shaped like a disc.
That's pretty common of ancient peoples who haven't traveled far enough to notice curvature. However, curvature exists so the disk idea doesn't work.

>> No.11464536

>>11464529
>Some planes are like ten miles long so how should they not be visible?
No. Just no. The longest plane doesn't even reach a 1/20th of a mile.

>> No.11464548

>>11464536
If that were the case they could barely stretch to their destinations. You need miles of fuel to go millions of miles around the Earth to other "continents" (I don't believe in that shit either since the idea of continents can't exist on the flat i.e real earth)

>> No.11464551

>/sci/ takes the bait almost as hard as /x/
Fucking lmao

>> No.11464565 [DELETED] 

>>11464530
Well, the later Sumerians actually traveled quiet extensively and a "globalized" economy formed in that broader region. Hence the whole thing with the great collapse, arrival of "Sea people", and so forth. Now whether anyone thought about it and the notion of curvature was able to be widely propagated through their culture and become recorded is another matter,

Hard to say. Unfortunately the more you know, the more questions are raised, and the more unanswerable they become. It's not quite a solipsistic descent, but something similar. I'm currently watching this poster's link:
>>11464500
They've mentioned many of the ideas I've had. The most interesting is that the firmament is more like a domed city enclosing us in an illusion from other regions (we're on a sphere, but it's far larger than we think). This reminds me of Zeno Clash and many others. It's quite possible this place is a genetic algorithm.

My father read a lot of sci-fi and I grew up taking "space" and "planet" as a given. However a lot of the stuff I read, and the stories he recounted to me, talked about great illusions and higher externally defined purpose. So this way of thinking is not a terrifying a deep loss for me either, which is a barrier for people who dreamed of space travel. In one story, man was a pest on board a space ship. Very clever thing, impossible to trap. So they landed of Earth and eventually managed to clean out their ship. In another story, there was an object which was condensed matter, seemed conscious, and through most of the book only pretended to obey the "laws" of our universe. It is later revealed it's just mimicking the main characters.

That's the thought process for some people with alternative beliefs.

>> No.11464574

>>11464565
If you think about it, a dome makes more sense because otherwise our air would just escape into space. "Gravity" cannot hold air so how is it keeping the atmosphere in? And if gravity can hold air, why hasn't all the sank to the ground and the sea?

>> No.11464582

>>11464574
Air pressure

>> No.11464609
File: 215 KB, 1170x1175, 1556665200327.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11464355

>> No.11464818

>>11464471
>We use Neptune as a pranic mirror (frequency 5,873) to view our own planet.
Woah, this is a new one for me, but I like where you're going with it. Please tell me I can read more about this neptune mirror trick somewhere? I kinda dig this model.

>> No.11465065

>>11464609
OP BTFO

>> No.11465370

>>11464355
Pretty sure the Earth was vertically above them at the equator and they weren’t into dutch angles in the 60s least of all test pilots.

They were there to study the moon. The Earth is photographable from space.

>> No.11465418

>>11464551
imagine biting on this >>11464497 and thinking you're smart