[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 46 KB, 828x592, 6a4kj2d4urf41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11442805 No.11442805 [Reply] [Original]

How much do I have to interact with other people when developing software?

I can't do this anymore and I just wanna disappear, I'm so fucking tired of having to go out and talk to people, smile when they say something they think is funny, be laughed at because I say something I think is completely normal but it isn't, be made fun of for being socially retarded, just not being able to be me overall. Today I was told that 'no one likes me' by two completely different persons in a 'joking way', I barely talk to anyone so my mere presence seems to be an issue to people

I'm going to begin going to college next year for a CSE degree. I'm wondering how much will I have to talk to people on average? I'm from a 3rd World shithole but achieved a decent degree of fluency in english so is working remotely a realistic prospect?

>> No.11442871
File: 19 KB, 700x694, 1582775407772.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.11443097

please

>> No.11443106

get help

>> No.11443120

just put all your energy into drawing dicks on things, like every time you would have to have a social interaction, just break out a notepad and doodle a noodle while you're talking, lets you skip eye contact at least.
here, I'll give you the first one free

8===D

>> No.11443158

a lot and any degree in college requires at least average social skills. you will do a lot of group work sometimes with the best people, sometimes with the shittiest people imaginable.
i don't know about burgerland but here it's a requirement to be good with working with others

>> No.11443194

>>11442805
Depends on the job, but you can get good at something specific (full stack web development, databases, Android development) and find clients online for that (Upwork, toptal for instance). Over time, it's possible that someone will hire you for a permanent position, if they like your work.

The social interaction for this kind of thing is nearly null.

It's very hard to get clients at first, but if you put some serious work into it you will make it and get what you want.